Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,542 members, 7,812,692 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:37 PM

How Did You Come About Your Nairaland Moniker? - Nairaland / General (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / How Did You Come About Your Nairaland Moniker? (15387 Views)

Password Guessing Attack: Don't Reuse Your Nairaland Password / What Inspired Your Moniker? / How Did The Yoruba Slang " Danny Olora " Come About ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Did You Come About Your Nairaland Moniker? by okomile(f): 12:29pm On Mar 26, 2021
grin grin
Oko mi le nao grin grin

If u know, u no
grin grin grin grin

No be everybody wey go school dey graduate ooooooo grin

2 Likes

Re: How Did You Come About Your Nairaland Moniker? by Nobody: 12:29pm On Mar 26, 2021
oilPUSSY:
My toto is always oiled
More oil to your pussy.

15 Likes

Re: How Did You Come About Your Nairaland Moniker? by JackWolfskin: 12:29pm On Mar 26, 2021
View my profile

1 Like

Re: How Did You Come About Your Nairaland Moniker? by Futuragetty: 12:30pm On Mar 26, 2021
I was on a crossroad of making a choice that could make or Mar my future.
futura+ Getty

1 Like

Re: How Did You Come About Your Nairaland Moniker? by BenDrickz(m): 12:30pm On Mar 26, 2021
Ben is my Real Name
Ma Girlfriend has mad love for Kendrick Lamar.
She decided to Nickname me Bendrick

17 Likes

Re: How Did You Come About Your Nairaland Moniker? by joyfullyjoyous(f): 12:31pm On Mar 26, 2021
Got it from my name.

4 Likes

Re: How Did You Come About Your Nairaland Moniker? by BetterChurch: 12:31pm On Mar 26, 2021
Penguin2:
Just like nicknames, I'm sure your Nairaland monicker was informed by something that had an impression on you. Well, except for those who ban has made them run out of ideas of a name to choose. Lol.

So let me start with my own...

I got Penguin from a movie I watched, Gotham. Penguin's real name in the movie was Oswald Cobblepot but people called him Penguin because of his hair; and his looks maybe.

He didn't like the name at first and would always retort if called by the name. But with time it grew on him and he started to address himself by the name.

His character was that of a downtown guy trying to survive. He did a lot of shits. But these are shits he had no option than to do them if he must survive.

I saw me in him. Well, not like I do shits. But I saw in him a young man that wants to survive no matter what life throws at him.

At a time, Fish, his female boss then, broke his leg and he started to walk funny but he continued to hustle and to work himself up the ladder of the society.

Penguin was my favorite character in Gotham. That's why I chose the name.

So how did you come about yours?

Now in Eckankar, looking back I believe Eckankar is a better church

1 Like

Re: How Did You Come About Your Nairaland Moniker? by Brainard22: 12:31pm On Mar 26, 2021
Re: How Did You Come About Your Nairaland Moniker? by prciouschika(f): 12:31pm On Mar 26, 2021
Nairaland gave me my name oo grin

1 Like

Re: How Did You Come About Your Nairaland Moniker? by Duplexxx: 12:31pm On Mar 26, 2021
You can keep wondering because i will not tell you
Re: How Did You Come About Your Nairaland Moniker? by Sektor8(m): 12:32pm On Mar 26, 2021
masterP042:
My first initial and the state code where I reside..
Umu 042 anam ekene cool

We dey here

1 Like

Re: How Did You Come About Your Nairaland Moniker? by Orspub: 12:32pm On Mar 26, 2021
during NYSC i served as the Organizing and Publicity secretary of NCCF "Orspub" in Aba Love Zone.

6 Likes

Re: How Did You Come About Your Nairaland Moniker? by Nobody: 12:32pm On Mar 26, 2021
Subsidy bad

Because subsidy is bad for Nigeria's oil sector and by extension economy

2 Likes

Re: How Did You Come About Your Nairaland Moniker? by PataAlhajaKeji(m): 12:33pm On Mar 26, 2021
BenDrickz:
Ben is my Real Name
Ma Girlfriend has mad love for Kendrick Lamar.
She decided to Nickname me Bendrick

... very easy to spot a Simp! SMH

17 Likes

Re: How Did You Come About Your Nairaland Moniker? by chelseamann(m): 12:34pm On Mar 26, 2021
I like Chelsea fc

2 Likes

Re: How Did You Come About Your Nairaland Moniker? by toluxa1(m): 12:34pm On Mar 26, 2021
This topic came up sometime in 2007 I believe, probably has come up several other times.

Well come is my Sec Sch nickname

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did You Come About Your Nairaland Moniker? by OKOATA(m): 12:35pm On Mar 26, 2021
Peppers prick. That's my moniker meaning. I was trying to blend peppers so my kid brother asked me what's the name of the green stem you detach from the pepper before blending and as he asked me I said it's peppers pen*s.. Till date we still laugh over it.

17 Likes

Re: How Did You Come About Your Nairaland Moniker? by ebony2011(m): 12:35pm On Mar 26, 2021
My favourite category.

3 Likes

Re: How Did You Come About Your Nairaland Moniker? by dmbb: 12:35pm On Mar 26, 2021
Re: How Did You Come About Your Nairaland Moniker? by MoLayonu: 12:35pm On Mar 26, 2021
Mine was from my diagnosis(endometriosis).

1 Like

Re: How Did You Come About Your Nairaland Moniker? by Bodyodour: 12:35pm On Mar 26, 2021
I got mine from what people tell me

9 Likes

Re: How Did You Come About Your Nairaland Moniker? by Lavisha(f): 12:35pm On Mar 26, 2021
from Lavish to Lavisha!

2 Likes

Re: How Did You Come About Your Nairaland Moniker? by Nobody: 12:36pm On Mar 26, 2021
adadike:
Ada is daughter in Igboland and dike means the strong and I come from a family of strong and determined people. We don't plan evil or harm anyone and if you plan evil for me, it backfires immediately
JEON meet my future wife she represents her culture unlike AntiChristian that keeps talking about stoning the devil

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did You Come About Your Nairaland Moniker? by A305: 12:37pm On Mar 26, 2021
One thing I have come to realize is; when a Nairalander intends to sign up their very first account, the individual uses his name, nickname or something sensible and meaningful. But when they deactivate to start another account. You would be seeing funny monikers like:

Smellyanus
Bodyodour
EkelediliBuhari
Puzzynegr0
Richsatan
Lifeofairforce1
HungerBad
Fuckmewell
Orijin101
sweetsoup
egusisoup
born2fuck
Madgoat
Truckpusher
irunobo
mrcork
Iduwuogbo
Buygala
Lesbianboy
Born2eatpussy
Weedtaker
Mad cow
Brodapounds
BrodaEuro
Coconuthead
Okijajuju1
Onijagidijagan
Pussygotlips
ichidodo
Liedictector
Wailingwailers
Biafrabushboy
Bushyanus
Dickdastardly
irunobo
Friedplantain
Ishilove
Friedplantain
Yuzedo
Sexkillz
Ileke idi
Unibenstudent
Iyawitch
Feedmemore
Fuckmelord
Imsuboy
5minsofmadness
Boiledplantain
UselessGoat
yabaleft
mosquitolaps
DICKtator

And many more funny monikers.

Majority of people who come up with these bizarre names are guys and if want to see more, take a scroll to the Olosho thread. Funny new monikers always gets created to either troll or disguise.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did You Come About Your Nairaland Moniker? by dat9jaguy(m): 12:38pm On Mar 26, 2021
wunmi590:

My moniker was coined out from my name, I think I have answered your question.

cheesy
Wunmi ;born--May 1990

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did You Come About Your Nairaland Moniker? by YourMajesty(m): 12:38pm On Mar 26, 2021
Most people address me as a King, especially my friends, it's strange how they accord me with such respect.

2 Likes

Re: How Did You Come About Your Nairaland Moniker? by dmbb: 12:38pm On Mar 26, 2021
oilPUSSY:
My toto is always oiled
oily toto grin
Re: How Did You Come About Your Nairaland Moniker? by Mindlog: 12:38pm On Mar 26, 2021
My work in the mental health field. cheesy

5 Likes

Re: How Did You Come About Your Nairaland Moniker? by emperorshaokahn(m): 12:39pm On Mar 26, 2021
adadike:
Ada is daughter in Igboland and dike means the strong and I come from a family of strong and determined people. We don't plan evil or harm anyone and if you plan evil for me, it backfires immediately
adafulani would represent you better.
Re: How Did You Come About Your Nairaland Moniker? by ebukamat34: 12:39pm On Mar 26, 2021
My names combined

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

NERC Aptitude Test Applicants-2022 / My Biggest Lessons Of 2019 So Far... / Winners Of The Babyosisi Christmas Essay Contest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.