Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,237 members, 7,860,517 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 12:00 PM

Presidential Election, 16th April, 2011 - Politics (23) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Presidential Election, 16th April, 2011 (57453 Views)

National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 / Report Here On National Assembly Elections: 2nd April, 2011 / President Jonathan Predicts Stable Electricity By April 2011 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (42) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Presidential Election, 16th April, 2011 by Beync(f): 11:50pm On Apr 16, 2011
reindeer:

haha!!! grin grin grin grin

This is more like the fishes that will vote for GEJ in Bayelsa, grin
And cattle rearers travled with their cattle to register them cows during voters registration, talk of infant registration. Am not surprise at d northern figures. Curruption in the highest order!!
Re: Presidential Election, 16th April, 2011 by Sagamite(m): 11:50pm On Apr 16, 2011
Logical reasoning will tell one that if Nigeria is a population of 150m, and out of this 150m, half are from the North.

That is NE, NW and NC are about 75 million. Lets even dash 80m.

Considering that the NE and NW are the most rural, poorest and most underdeveloped parts of Nigeria, most likely their demographic structure will be more similar to other neighbouring similar habitats like Niger and Chad.

The demographic structure of Niger and Chad shows that the percentage of the population that is U-18 are 52% and 57% respectively. Logic will tell us that NE and NW Nigeria should have something similar demographic structures.

Lets say the whole North is 80m (of which NW and NE are, lets say 50m), then AT BEST (52% u-18) the people above 18 must be about 38m in the north (26m in NW and NE).

How can they then have 28m voters in NE and NW?

It means that not only did all adults register to vote (effing impossible), they had some extra 2m adults from thin air.
Re: Presidential Election, 16th April, 2011 by mrjingles(m): 11:52pm On Apr 16, 2011
hbrednic:

LATEST POLL

ALMAJIRI WARD       CPC   101,  PDP   32  ,  ACN 0,

MILITANTS  WARD                CPC  0 ,   PDP 13000 ,ACN     44

OMO-ONILES WARD            ACN   2034, PDP  1360, CPC    3

CONGRATULATIONS!!! By the powers vested upon me (don't ask me who did the vesting o)I hereby declare you winner of my POST OF THE DAY AWARD! Please forward you address and i will send your prize to you, BRAVO! But seriously whoever believes any of these "results" posted here needs to see his doctor and fast! may be suffering from delusional nairalandpsychosis!
Re: Presidential Election, 16th April, 2011 by otokx(m): 11:53pm On Apr 16, 2011
how can tony momoh say voter turnout was low in the south?
Re: Presidential Election, 16th April, 2011 by Nobody: 11:54pm On Apr 16, 2011
Dont need to get involved in insults but what do we expect from someone with evil brain? If a party agent said their leaders instructed them to vote PDP against their own partys presidential candidate at the eleventh hour what does it signifies? Why did Ribadu claimed his candidacy has been damaged? Why did Bisi akande talked with two sides of his mouth after ACN/CPC alliance failed or may be u need to listen to the press conference again? Its u dat need to use your brain for good. However lets wait to see abi?
Re: Presidential Election, 16th April, 2011 by Nobody: 11:54pm On Apr 16, 2011
Kano Pillars Stadium PUs 2,3,4,6

PDP 567,116
CPC 145,032
ANPP 3,745
ACN 4,546
NCP 4
PPP 7
lnvalid votes 9.482
Re: Presidential Election, 16th April, 2011 by edicolove: 11:55pm On Apr 16, 2011
Re: Presidential Election, 16th April, 2011 by hbrednic: 11:56pm On Apr 16, 2011
ziccoit:

PRESS STATEMENT BY PRINCE TONY MOMOH, NATIONAL CHAIRMAN, CONGRESS FOR PROGRESSIVE CHANGE ON THE PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION OF SATURDAY APRIL 16, 2011

Gentlemen of the Press

My party, the Congress for Progressive Change, would like to praise Nigerians who have shown more enthusiasm to pick the leaders of their choice than many involved in moderating the elections have exhibited. It will be most unfortunate if at this stage of so much craving for free, fair and transparent elections we have at this time those who have refused to accept that we need irreducible minimum standards of behaviour to persuade the world that we have indeed chosen the path of honour in obeying the rules that promote peace, order and discipline in any polity.

Last week, there were obvious lapses we drew attention to in the elections we held to the national assembly. A lot of anomalies were recorded between the voting centres and the collating stations. The figures would just not add up. And as people have always been told, let them go to court. It is our view that elections must be won at polling centres through the people’s vote. The final outcome in other climes has been and should also here be that what happens at collation centres is the simple totalling of what the voters said through the ballot.

Reports reaching us from most polling stations from some zones of the country show clearly the trappings of freeness and fairness in the elections. Much as we concede to the INEC the obligation in law to announce results, we have access to the results posted at the various voting centres and we believe and insist that what we are given as results will be the totality of the votes cast.

We draw attention to the need for openness in the collation stage of the elections because of disturbing reports we have of massive infusion into our electoral process of the results of illegal ballot papers that have been discovered countrywide in the control of those who have no business having them. This is a clear breach of INEC directives which seemed to have been so very confidently obeyed in the breach than the observance.

Reports from the field show that there was a large turnout of voters in three geo political zones – North-East, North-West and North-Central. There was low turnout in the South-South, South-East and South-West. Free and fair on the face as the elections were in many places, they were characterised by large circulation of ballot papers/boxes and result sheets outside the approved polling stations before and during the elections.

There were violations of processes of the elections by INEC itself nationwide. These violations include the non-disclosure of the volume of electoral materials to political parties at national, state and local government levels; the absence of elections in many rural areas in places like Rivers. Akwa Ibom, Delta States, and most parts of the South East. There were also late commencement of elections in some places including Nanya and Lugbe in FCT, Jos North Local government, and Kashere in Gombe State. Most embarrassing was the non-release of results at polling stations, and where released, not pasting.

One area to which attention must also be drawn was the freighting and distribution of electoral material printed by identified presses of known party men. Sensitive materials of this nature should not only be carefully handled but should be seen to be so.

As we issue this statement, we are aware of intensive moves to mutilate results of the elections. The pattern of voting countrywide is being tracked and posted on the net. We plead most sincerely that no one should embarrass this country by manipulating results through imposing on the people what they did not say through the vote that represents the only power they have to show that in them and only in them does sovereignty reside.

Sgd

Prince Tony Momoh

National Chairman, Congress for Progressive Change
OVATION TO FAT MOMOH
Re: Presidential Election, 16th April, 2011 by wesley80(m): 11:56pm On Apr 16, 2011
Perhaps the Mod should consider putting some sort of age restriction on this thread or just start banning these very obvious reta.rds. Whats with all this silly posts about Cows and fishes and Texas? Seems too many cyber imbecyles are determined to prove their foolishness on this thead.
Re: Presidential Election, 16th April, 2011 by mrjingles(m): 11:57pm On Apr 16, 2011
aze:

Kano Pillars Stadium PUs 2,3,4,6

PDP 567,116
CPC 145,032
ANPP 3,745
ACN 4,546
NCP 4
PPP 7
lnvalid votes 9.482

Guy if BB supporters catch u ehn,
Re: Presidential Election, 16th April, 2011 by Nobody: 11:57pm On Apr 16, 2011
Emirs Palace Gwandu
PU 4,9,11,12,13,14,15,18

PDP 7,116
CPC 3,032
ANPP 45
ACN 6
NCP 0
PPP 0

lnvalid votes 29.185 (due to irregular hoof like thumb printing)
Re: Presidential Election, 16th April, 2011 by Akainzo(m): 11:57pm On Apr 16, 2011
rhymz:

If there is one thing I ve learnt after the NAS elections last week, it is not to follow the analysis and predictions of Nairalanders; a lot of them are usually based on hear-say, deliberate distortion of fact and silly exaggerations to suit their purpose.
The way people were shouting and hyping the ACN and CPC last weekend, you would think the PDP will not constitute 30% of the assembly seats, however, when INEC started  releasing results, it was very clear who was winning and who was just shouting.
I see thesame trend here again, people shouting CPC is taking over the North and bla bla bla. . .
In lagos state for instance, PDP won in almost every polling unit I visited in Surulere and Mushin by wide margins, Obviously CPC did not do too well and ACN probably sold out to the PDP because in my area, it was thesame ACN agents mobilising votes for their candidates last weekend that obviously were organizing for the PDP today, that says a lot.
In the north, especially in the NW, the CPC may do well better than the PDP but I see the PDP maintaining a good follow up that will guarantee the needed 25% spread needed. In the NE and NC the PDP will do well just as they did in lagos state.
Forget all the inflated results and underage voting going on in some parts of the north, the PDP has got a good following even in the north that Buhari and his party cant command anywhere in the South.
And lets not forget, even if Buhari wins by number( which I find impossible) and  his victory does not have the required  spread, GEJ will be declared winner even if he comes below with a widespread number. But it wont even get to that stage anyway.

I am sorry to burst your bubble on the bolded part above. It is not as you have stated, to be declared the winner, the candidate has to also win the popular votes. It is after winning the popular votes that the required spread comes into play.
Re: Presidential Election, 16th April, 2011 by edicolove: 11:59pm On Apr 16, 2011
One thing that is really sad about CPC is that they are sore losers. already whining before results are out. shame
Re: Presidential Election, 16th April, 2011 by OAM4J: 12:01am On Apr 17, 2011
aze & co

You guys are messing up this thread sad
Re: Presidential Election, 16th April, 2011 by Nobody: 12:02am On Apr 17, 2011
from Mahamud Maigari

Emir's Palace Kangiwa LGA PUs 56,89,99,12,45,78,96,23

ACN  8
CPC 42,422
PDP 47,283
NAPEP 4,582
ANPP 452
Fresh 92

Voided votes 34,373 (due to excessive mutiple hoof like thumb prints)
Re: Presidential Election, 16th April, 2011 by jmaine: 12:03am On Apr 17, 2011
otokx:

how can tony momoh say voter turnout was low in the south?

really interesting i must . .well  . . .politics is all about strategy and this is just one of those political strategies just in case he wants proof . .there are pictures waiting for him  grin grin

wesley80:

Perhaps the Mod should consider putting some sort of age restriction on this thread or just start banning these very obvious reta.rds. Whats with all this silly posts about Cows and fishes and Texas? Seems too many cyber imbecyles are determined to prove their foolishness on this thead.

Bros you dey vex oo! all na the needed spice to dilute the lies peddled about in the name of results . . .  grin grin abeg coolio down . . .
Re: Presidential Election, 16th April, 2011 by mrjingles(m): 12:05am On Apr 17, 2011
^^ The poor guy actually believes all the GARBAGE posted here. I dey laf!
Re: Presidential Election, 16th April, 2011 by hbrednic: 12:06am On Apr 17, 2011
mrjingles:

CONGRATULATIONS!!! By the powers vested upon me (don't ask me who did the vesting o)I hereby declare you winner of my POST OF THE DAY AWARD! Please forward you address and i will send your prize to you, BRAVO! But seriously whoever believes any of these "results" posted here needs to see his doctor and fast! may be suffering from delusional nairalandpsychosis!
pls do google my number to send the award sharp sharp.
Re: Presidential Election, 16th April, 2011 by Nobody: 12:06am On Apr 17, 2011
from Musa Dauda

Mairago LGA Katsina PUs 4,6,8,12,13

PDP 477,248
ACN  8
CPC 422,190
ANPP 4,452
DPP 234

Voided votes 54,373 (due to excessive multiple hoof like thumb prints)
Re: Presidential Election, 16th April, 2011 by emcaluv(m): 12:08am On Apr 17, 2011
@AZE,

Abeg keep it rolling. No be only them sabi post fake stuff.  grin

What is the situation report at PU Zango kataf?
Re: Presidential Election, 16th April, 2011 by jmaine: 12:08am On Apr 17, 2011
OAM4J:

aze & co

You guys are messing up this thread  sad

Abeg relax and enjoy the trend . .he took his initiative from Wadeoye . . . . cheesy cheesy
Re: Presidential Election, 16th April, 2011 by mrjingles(m): 12:08am On Apr 17, 2011
hbrednic:

pls do google my number to send the award sharp sharp.

do you want it delivered by cpc or pdp? oh sorry i meant to say UPS or DHL? Diz pple don confuse man sef! grin
Re: Presidential Election, 16th April, 2011 by meine: 12:10am On Apr 17, 2011
@Aze and other mumus posting fake results here

Can you stop this crazy move, or when will you stop wearing pampers.  
Re: Presidential Election, 16th April, 2011 by jakigaga(m): 12:11am On Apr 17, 2011
bakin bulo ward dorayi babba polling unit 001 gwale local govt kano state
CPC 801
PDP    17
ACN     3
ANPP  53
Re: Presidential Election, 16th April, 2011 by jmaine: 12:12am On Apr 17, 2011
aze:

from Musa Dauda

Mairago LGA Katsina PUs 4,6,8,12,13

PDP 477,248
ACN  8
CPC 422,190
ANPP 4,452
DPP 234

Voided votes 54,373 (due to excessive multiple hoof like thumb prints)

Funny grin grin
Re: Presidential Election, 16th April, 2011 by OAM4J: 12:12am On Apr 17, 2011
jmaine:

Abeg relax and enjoy the trend . .he took his initiative from Wadeoye . . . . cheesy cheesy

Two wrongs do not make a right.
Re: Presidential Election, 16th April, 2011 by hbrednic: 12:14am On Apr 17, 2011
mrjingles:

do you want it delivered by cpc or pdp? oh sorry i meant to say UPS or DHL? Diz pple don confuse man sef! grin
No,I want it through NAPEPE
Re: Presidential Election, 16th April, 2011 by MAYOWAAK: 12:14am On Apr 17, 2011
Gumel,gombe,bauchi,kaduna security personel are shooting try to scare away voters from safeguarding. In all d places cars stuffed with thumbprinted ballot papers in favour of d rulin party were burnt. So dey re doin it to have their way and pple ready to die. Culled from peoples post ob bbc hausa page.
Re: Presidential Election, 16th April, 2011 by Nobody: 12:16am On Apr 17, 2011
Igwe's Palace Awka East LGA
PU;s 45,97,89,21,43,13,25

ACN 45
DPP 21
PDP 46,834
CPC 2,103
NCP 4
PPP 32
Re: Presidential Election, 16th April, 2011 by jmaine: 12:16am On Apr 17, 2011
OAM4J:

Two wrongs do not make a right.

Yes sir, i agree . .  cool

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (42) (Reply)

Atiku Abubakar & His Son, Adamu Perform Umrah (Photos) / Reno Omokri Rocks Branded 'Free Leah Sharibu' Outfits (Photo) / Mary Beth Leonard Visits Tinubu In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.