Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,174 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:50 AM

Is God Really Against Taking Alcohol Or Just Against Excess Of It? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is God Really Against Taking Alcohol Or Just Against Excess Of It? (26321 Views)

Is Marrying A Non Christian Really Against Christiandom? / 7 Reasons Why Christians Should Stop Taking Alcohol / Is Taking Alcohol Responsibly A Sin ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is God Really Against Taking Alcohol Or Just Against Excess Of It? by Nobody: 9:59am On Mar 28, 2021
illicit:

Muslims smoke cigar and hemp bro....
its haram in islam smorking taking hard drugs, terrorist killing of fellow human being even if they are not on thesame religion for allah is the one who creates adam (as) from sand and so he create muslim, xristains, pegans and so on for no man has the right to kill one another for allah is the creator of mankind so only him has the right to take lives
Re: Is God Really Against Taking Alcohol Or Just Against Excess Of It? by tuna85: 9:59am On Mar 28, 2021
jcross19:
but Paul advised Timothy to takes small of it? Do you really know that all the starchy food you eat used to end up as -coh and glucose but in very low content... Alcohol is not a sin but it become snare to you when it starts to influence your reason.

I don't think Paul is an ordained authority who has a right to issue rules or regulations, I would rather prefer the clear words of Christ himself or what do you think? So what did Christ say?
Re: Is God Really Against Taking Alcohol Or Just Against Excess Of It? by illicit(m): 10:02am On Mar 28, 2021
Skipperrabiu:
its haram in islam smorking taking hard drugs, terrorist killing of fellow human being even if they are not on thesame religion for allah is the one who creates adam (as) from sand and so he create muslim, xristains, pegans and so on for no man has the right to kill one another for allah is the creator of mankind so only him has the right to take lives

Hausa Fulanis smokes the most cigarettes and they are Muslims

That's what I am saying

The fact that a religion frowns on something don't really mean that adherents won't do it

I don't wanna talk about insurgency....
Re: Is God Really Against Taking Alcohol Or Just Against Excess Of It? by Lomprico2: 10:03am On Mar 28, 2021
Hashabiah:
God's emphasis is on moderation. But those who want to truly commit themselves to knowing God will avoid any manner of drink. Just the way the sons Jonadab the son of Rechab, commanded his children not to drink wine (Jeremiah 35:6)

Jesus drank alcohol.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is God Really Against Taking Alcohol Or Just Against Excess Of It? by tonyson010(m): 10:05am On Mar 28, 2021
Tobechuckwu:
Almost every Christian in support of the subject drink alcohol nd so in order justify it , they hide behind drink responsibly.
If u don't drink, u can't get drunk. There's a spirit behind drinking that people don't know, it's always a little here , a little there, before u know it u've turned to something else.
For a Born again Christian , alcohol is a no go area. If u want to serve God, choose to serve God nd stop serving God with alcohol.
For Timothy, it was a personal message from Paul to him.

So u all claim born again.....but down deep in Urself......many of u are BITTERED HYPOCRITE. Constantly judging and segregating...... committing atrocities behind.

If I drink once or twice or more in a month but very moderate, then go home and sleep or play with my family before sleeping..... How is it a sin.

If I have to drive a car, I mustn't drink or I will drink small......it is moderation.
If I have to go preaching, I shouldn't drink.

The whole Bible got summarised by Jesus Christ into 2 sentences. It doesn't mean that other things in the Bible are not good,but understanding the whole whole of it makes a complete meaning.
Re: Is God Really Against Taking Alcohol Or Just Against Excess Of It? by Farid24224(m): 10:06am On Mar 28, 2021
Anything that can hinder your way of thinking and your subconsciousness is not good at all.... Alcohol can make you do a lot of things, wait first, what do you gain by drinking sef??
Re: Is God Really Against Taking Alcohol Or Just Against Excess Of It? by capitalzero: 10:06am On Mar 28, 2021
CodeTemplar:
Define the excess level you are talking about first. To know your limit, you have to be drunk. So I Don think God supports alcohol intake for recreational purposes.
I drink but never become drunk. I know my limit because I don't drink for recreational purpose. I drink in my home and at social gatherings occasionally but not in bar.
Re: Is God Really Against Taking Alcohol Or Just Against Excess Of It? by omaclarry(m): 10:07am On Mar 28, 2021
If alcohol is a sin, why is there no record of God punishing any one for its consumption:

Noah got drunk and took off his cloths; God punished his son for laughing not Noah for drinking

David got drunk and danced naked; we termed it david dance and even have a song for it.

Jesus turned water to wine; it was the first miracle

When the holy spirit fell on the disciples and they spoke in tongues, people termed them drunk; their reply was how can we be drunk by this time. meaning they drink and get drunk but it was too early for that.

3 Likes

Re: Is God Really Against Taking Alcohol Or Just Against Excess Of It? by smat101(m): 10:10am On Mar 28, 2021
CodeTemplar:
Define the excess level you are talking about first. To know your limit, you have to be drunk. So I Don think God supports alcohol intake for recreational purposes.
Holier than thou, Na una... Jesus went to party, not just that he went to Party, He sponsored the drinking with a very wonderful wine... From what you wrote up there, it means everybody in that wedding party were sick. They needed wine to cure their illness... Mtcheew

1 Like

Re: Is God Really Against Taking Alcohol Or Just Against Excess Of It? by Etuagievin(m): 10:10am On Mar 28, 2021
CodeTemplar:
Including gluttony?
. Moderation should be our watch word
Re: Is God Really Against Taking Alcohol Or Just Against Excess Of It? by Farid24224(m): 10:11am On Mar 28, 2021
Skipperrabiu:

Salam bro, with all due respect I think you should refrain from using abbreviations while addressing a religion....Its better to type it full...For example :Christian instead of Xristian.
Re: Is God Really Against Taking Alcohol Or Just Against Excess Of It? by bukarolz: 10:14am On Mar 28, 2021
Chasing shadows! First realise yourself and master the art and science of it. What defiles a man comes from his heart. Meanwhile, intoxication is a sin whether alcohol or your favourite burger.

The greatest command is love thy neighbour as thyself. The question is, 'do you love yourself'? Don't get it twisted; discover thyself.
Re: Is God Really Against Taking Alcohol Or Just Against Excess Of It? by EmekaBlue(m): 10:17am On Mar 28, 2021
Gluttony. Drinking to drunkenness is d sin i guess
Re: Is God Really Against Taking Alcohol Or Just Against Excess Of It? by Nobody: 10:20am On Mar 28, 2021
Farid24224:

Salam bro, with all due respect I think you should refrain from using abbreviations while addressing a religion....Its better to type it full...For example :Christian instead of Xristian.
ok thanks jazakallahu khairan

1 Like

Re: Is God Really Against Taking Alcohol Or Just Against Excess Of It? by Nobody: 10:26am On Mar 28, 2021
illicit:

Hausa Fulanis smokes the most cigarettes and they are Muslims

That's what I am saying

The fact that a religion frowns on something don't really mean that adherents won't do it

I don't wanna talk about insurgency....
yes u dnt have to talk about insurgency because in nigeria no one is safe even the so call politicians , so an average man like who is strugling for what to eat on table dont need to talk
Re: Is God Really Against Taking Alcohol Or Just Against Excess Of It? by Davedblues(m): 10:40am On Mar 28, 2021
Electrochemistry:
While moderation may not be a sin lots of people have been turned to drunks and rendered useless from starting with just some sips of it. It is better to avoid spirits in all its forms so we won't get addicted to it. The Bible says a wise man foresees evil and hides himself but a fool goes instead and he's punished.
if e no good for ya body quit!! As a Christian teach ppl to know dia weakness and don't make it looks like since buhari is bad everything related to it is bad. alcohol in general is an hard drink with different brands of low alcohol in it so plz teach ppl to know it's not everyone who can take alcohol and it's should be taken moderately like red wine for example is a good drink but I take alcohol once in awhile because I know it's effect if taken much and get tipsy.
Re: Is God Really Against Taking Alcohol Or Just Against Excess Of It? by paltielx: 10:46am On Mar 28, 2021
The Bible at 1cor 6:10 says that drunkards wil not inherit God's kingdom so that means that drinking alcohol is not bad but taking it in excess is
Re: Is God Really Against Taking Alcohol Or Just Against Excess Of It? by jacoik(m): 10:52am On Mar 28, 2021
Juliusmalema:

I think we are the ones Injecting our own meaning to Gods message..

When God said Eat/drink and be merry.....what is the best definition of gluttony about to happen because approval has already been obtained to "drink and merry"
u get time to dey reply him
Re: Is God Really Against Taking Alcohol Or Just Against Excess Of It? by jacoik(m): 10:53am On Mar 28, 2021
tuna85:
God is definitely against drinking alcohol whether in small or large quantity. Those who got addicted today started small, now you can see a decline in their health and all, same as bet9ja.
my friend, just shut up your mouth if you don't know what to say
Re: Is God Really Against Taking Alcohol Or Just Against Excess Of It? by jcross19: 10:58am On Mar 28, 2021
tuna85:

I don't think Paul is an ordained authority who has a right to issue rules or regulations, I would rather prefer the clear words of Christ himself or what do you think? So what did Christ say?

if that is the case Mathew 11:19- the son of a man came eating and drinking, and they say, behold a man is gluttonous and a winebibber, a friend of a publicans and a sinner but wisdom is justified of her children!!.
Re: Is God Really Against Taking Alcohol Or Just Against Excess Of It? by SIONKPO1(m): 10:59am On Mar 28, 2021
AntiChristian:
The first miracle is of wine. And the drinkers testified to the quality of the brew of wine Jesus have them.

No comment!
Is Muslim allah a paedophile?/for promising sex or a blood thirsty killer
hahahaha
you better shut up your mouth and stay off this thread
Re: Is God Really Against Taking Alcohol Or Just Against Excess Of It? by scarycuteface(m): 11:00am On Mar 28, 2021
I think it is against excess. But then again, how do you gauge it
Re: Is God Really Against Taking Alcohol Or Just Against Excess Of It? by cares22: 11:02am On Mar 28, 2021
illicit:

No u are wrong....

The bone of contention here is does God disapprove the drinking of Alcohol or not

Let's settle that first before u state your opinion

Is there anything worth debating over consumption of alcohol If you are charged with DUI in Australia, Canada, USA, UK or any part Europe you know risk a jail term or loss of your driver's license..... So if constitution of countries on earth could frown at the act how much more God almighty....

After you might have confirmed God's stand on alcohol and you feel it is favourable to your disposition, then you sired your conscience with hot iron and dive into wantonness head first

Little wonder the choice of your moniker. Illicit

Lastly, You are not incharge of my opinion on public forum like this, please be guided.
Re: Is God Really Against Taking Alcohol Or Just Against Excess Of It? by afroxyz: 11:09am On Mar 28, 2021
Hashabiah:
God's emphasis is on moderation. But those who want to truly commit themselves to knowing God will avoid any manner of drink. Just the way the sons Jonadab the son of Rechab, commanded his children not to drink wine (Jeremiah 35:6)
So if you drink alcohol you wont know God?
Re: Is God Really Against Taking Alcohol Or Just Against Excess Of It? by afroxyz: 11:10am On Mar 28, 2021
cares22:

Is there anything worth debating over consumption of alcohol If you are charged with DUI in Australia, Canada, USA, UK or any part Europe you know risk a jail term or loss of your driver's license..... So if constitution of countries on earth could frown at the act how much more God almighty....

After you might have confirmed God's stand on alcohol and you feel it is favourable to your disposition, then you sired your conscience with hot iron and dive into wantonness head first

Lastly, You are not incharge of my opinion on public forum like this, please be guided.

In that case, God approves of weed smoking and homosexuality since the countries you mentioned are legalizing it
Re: Is God Really Against Taking Alcohol Or Just Against Excess Of It? by afroxyz: 11:14am On Mar 28, 2021
Farid24224:

This is now a sin too? Oh lawd!
Re: Is God Really Against Taking Alcohol Or Just Against Excess Of It? by SKYHIGHfx: 11:15am On Mar 28, 2021
CodeTemplar:
Including gluttony?

He is a Muslim.... Forget him
Re: Is God Really Against Taking Alcohol Or Just Against Excess Of It? by Tobechuckwu(m): 11:22am On Mar 28, 2021
HBB1:

I have been drinking alcohol since I was a child-- palmwine, wine.... and I have never been drunk in my life!

Never been drunk once!

Are you saying Jesus didn't drink alcohol?
Or you never read your Bible reach that side.

You people will just carry additional weight and hang around your neck.

Like I said earlier, people supporting d subject matter are those people drinking alcohol.
They must find a way to support it nd look for scripture to support their stand.
Re: Is God Really Against Taking Alcohol Or Just Against Excess Of It? by Tobechuckwu(m): 11:23am On Mar 28, 2021
tonyson010:

So u all claim born again.....but down deep in Urself......many of u are BITTERED HYPOCRITE. Constantly judging and segregating...... committing atrocities behind.

If I drink once or twice or more in a month but very moderate, then go home and sleep or play with my family before sleeping..... How is it a sin.

If I have to drive a car, I mustn't drink or I will drink

small......it is moderation.
If I have to go preaching, I shouldn't drink.

The whole Bible got summarised by Jesus Christ into 2 sentences. It doesn't mean that other things in the Bible are not good,but understanding the whole whole of it makes a complete meaning.

It's still bcuz u drink alcohol,so u must find scripture to back up Ur claim.
Re: Is God Really Against Taking Alcohol Or Just Against Excess Of It? by Jirehz(m): 11:25am On Mar 28, 2021
ictjobber:

Why aren't we asking real questions like Why hasn't God rescued Leah from Boko Haram's den despite all the prayers from concerned Nigerians and Christains worldwide ??

It’s sad that she’s still in captivity.
She’s alive and there’s hope!
God will surely rescue her

But whilst she’s still in captivity and alive
People living in high brow areas in Lekki Lagos have died
Some boys in Edo were cruising in a new Benz they just bought and died a painful death; six of them.

Between the time she was held in captivity to now, over 1 million people in the (safe)world have died because of COVID.

God is God
Know this and know peace.
Re: Is God Really Against Taking Alcohol Or Just Against Excess Of It? by illicit(m): 11:30am On Mar 28, 2021
cares22:

We are talking about Bible, you are talking about US Constitution

Oga, does God forbid it or not, it's a simple question an illiterate can answer

Keep your Epistles, be guided

Thank u, pls don't mention....
Re: Is God Really Against Taking Alcohol Or Just Against Excess Of It? by martinsad(m): 11:31am On Mar 28, 2021
Hashabiah:

This guy has sense. I won't be surprised if you made A1 parallel in your exams. You know how to answer questions in a very precise manner.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

No Prophecy About Election Postponement / White Lady Married To Feb Idahosa Shares Her Love Story (photos) / APC Will Take Over Bayelsa State In 2016, Except… – Primate Ayodele

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.