Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,982 members, 7,835,292 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:11 AM

Cletus Ilomuanya Confronts Okorocha Aboard Air Peace Flight With Walking Stick - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Cletus Ilomuanya Confronts Okorocha Aboard Air Peace Flight With Walking Stick (61457 Views)

Eze Ilomuanya, Ooni Of Ife, Nneoma Rochas, Others Grace Nigeria Most Influential / 67-Year-Old Ibrahim Geidam Attends Ministerial Screening With Walking Stick / Tinubu, Aides Angry With Presidency For Releasing His Pix With Walking Stick- SR (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cletus Ilomuanya Confronts Okorocha Aboard Air Peace Flight With Walking Stick by gnykelly(m): 4:17pm On Mar 29, 2021
naptu2:

Not all kings have absolute power. In fact, many kings, monarchs, etc. do not have absolute power. For example, Queen Elizabeth II is a monarch, but she does not have absolute power.

her power is absolute but she seldom using it. she can upturn parliament decisions.

she doesn't need a passport as passport are being issued in her name.

all lands belong to her not the federal government.

documents are issued in her name.

she just seldom not applying it.
Re: Cletus Ilomuanya Confronts Okorocha Aboard Air Peace Flight With Walking Stick by naptu2: 4:20pm On Mar 29, 2021
2Lynx:

wrong?
non of the link you posted there actually said that chima was the king or whatsoever, he never even got out to the promise land, as one of the links reported.

Haba now!

(I hope you know the meaning of blue blood).

Re: Cletus Ilomuanya Confronts Okorocha Aboard Air Peace Flight With Walking Stick by naptu2: 4:23pm On Mar 29, 2021
gnykelly:

her power is absolute but she seldom using it. she can upturn parliament decisions.

She cannot apply it. In fact, King Edward VIII did not even have the power to choose who he wanted to marry and retain the crown. The cabinet told him that he could not marry Wallace Simpson and that was that.
Re: Cletus Ilomuanya Confronts Okorocha Aboard Air Peace Flight With Walking Stick by gnykelly(m): 4:30pm On Mar 29, 2021
naptu2:

She cannot apply it. In fact, King Edward VIII did not even have the power to choose who he wanted to marry and retain the crown. The cabinet told him that he could not marry Wallace Simpson and that was that.

i will check on this new "fact".

but she is the head of the church in England
Re: Cletus Ilomuanya Confronts Okorocha Aboard Air Peace Flight With Walking Stick by naptu2: 4:31pm On Mar 29, 2021
gnykelly:

i will check on this new "fact".

but she is the head of the church in England

The United Kingdom is a constitutional monarchy, not an absolute monarchy.
Re: Cletus Ilomuanya Confronts Okorocha Aboard Air Peace Flight With Walking Stick by donbenie(m): 4:41pm On Mar 29, 2021
Juliusmalema:

You are a liar.

That your state doesn't practice simply don't means others do same.

Igbo nwere Eze and practised monarchy.

Shameless autonomous kingdom's in Imo trying to rewrite history.
Igbo does not have Kings..
Yes,some Kingdoms especially those from the west have traditional kings,example Onitsha,Asaba and Agbor have kings but the vast majority of Igbo Towns and villages do not have kings..
If you have read Things Fall Apart or Arrow of God by Chinua Achebe,you would have noticed this..
The White Men installed Warrant Chiefs in their bid to rule Igbo land,by the Indirect Rule system and that is the genesis of Kingship in Igbo land today..
Re: Cletus Ilomuanya Confronts Okorocha Aboard Air Peace Flight With Walking Stick by donbenie(m): 4:44pm On Mar 29, 2021
gnykelly:

The Queen is a Constitutional Monarch and does not have absolute power..
She is the Head of State and not the Head of government and therefore her power is not absolute.
Re: Cletus Ilomuanya Confronts Okorocha Aboard Air Peace Flight With Walking Stick by zadokchidi: 4:46pm On Mar 29, 2021
Okorohausa need be hit many times...he step many toes when he was governor.. collect people land dethroned many King and many more..you can't be governor for ever ...let's watch what will happen to him when immunity will not cover him
Re: Cletus Ilomuanya Confronts Okorocha Aboard Air Peace Flight With Walking Stick by chaloskyx: 4:48pm On Mar 29, 2021
NASO JUST INVITE THE SILLY OLD MAN FOR A MEETING GIVE HIM SOME CHANGE AND HE WOULD SING YOUR PRAISES DONT MIND ALL THESES CORRUPT KINGS AND CHIEFS THEY ARE JUST LIKE OUR POLITICIANS THEY SERVE ONLY THEIR POCKETS
Re: Cletus Ilomuanya Confronts Okorocha Aboard Air Peace Flight With Walking Stick by 2Lynx(m): 4:53pm On Mar 29, 2021
naptu2:

Haba now!
(I hope you know the meaning of blue blood).
okay....to type dey tire me... will go through the links and more thoroughly later on
Re: Cletus Ilomuanya Confronts Okorocha Aboard Air Peace Flight With Walking Stick by Nobody: 5:03pm On Mar 29, 2021
donbenie:
Igbo does not have Kings..
Yes,some Kingdoms especially those from the west have traditional kings,example Onitsha,Asaba and Agbor have kings but the vast majority of Igbo Towns and villages do not have kings..
If you have read Things Fall Apart or Arrow of God by Chinua Achebe,you would have noticed this..
The White Men installed Warrant Chiefs in their bid to rule Igbo land,by the Indirect Rule system and that is the genesis of Kingship in Igbo land today..

Igbos have kings and vast areas of Igboland have kings...nuff said.

I can't be arguing senselessly over same issues year after year.

Igbo nwere Eze...That your community has no constituted king doesn't means others are same.

Many parts of Igboland have well structured kingdom before the arrival of whitemen.
Re: Cletus Ilomuanya Confronts Okorocha Aboard Air Peace Flight With Walking Stick by Idiko1: 5:31pm On Mar 29, 2021
ezenwajosh:
When a governor installs and removes king that's all you need to know that KINGSHIP is not AN IGBO CULTURE

Bro I know your are better than the bolded. Eze Cletus Ilomuanya, Obi of Obinugwu ancient kingdom in Orlu LGA is still the royal father of his people while Okoroawusa is no longer the governor of Imo State. The governor of state does not install or remove a king in Igboland. The only thing a governor can do is not recognize the Eze. The people of a said kingdom are responsible for installing and removing their king.
Re: Cletus Ilomuanya Confronts Okorocha Aboard Air Peace Flight With Walking Stick by Philipxxxx0: 5:32pm On Mar 29, 2021
ezenwajosh:
Eze NRI, obi of onicha, asagba of ahaba were all reinvented under the colonialist version of chiefs which is the one you see today under the governor of a state....IGBO ENWE EZE MEANS A king never has absolute power....infact we don't call them kings or igwe
how old are you?
Re: Cletus Ilomuanya Confronts Okorocha Aboard Air Peace Flight With Walking Stick by Idiko1: 5:38pm On Mar 29, 2021
ezenwajosh:
Eze NRI, obi of onicha, asagba of ahaba were all reinvented under the colonialist version of chiefs which is the one you see today under the governor of a state....IGBO ENWE EZE MEANS A king never has absolute power....infact we don't call them kings or igwe

I guess this topic is above your intellectual pedigree. You started with invented and ended up with reinvented.
Re: Cletus Ilomuanya Confronts Okorocha Aboard Air Peace Flight With Walking Stick by sonnie10: 6:05pm On Mar 29, 2021
Juliusmalema:

You see the reason why we say you all should read history because even Onitsha you guys call all time was even new to older kingdoms .

For Instance Nnewi kingdom already has an organised Kingship before the whitemen arrived and warrant chiefs never existed up till today. The Kingship is on bloodline and has been till this day same as other older kingdoms in Anambra state. This particular one has been discussed and nailed on nairaland. You can search it up.

Listen you guys have no king or organised kingdom that's why the whitemen met you guys scattered and instituted warrant chiefs, the more reasons autonomous community keeps cropping up like fowls everyday.

So say what you know.

This is over generalization. There are some ancient kingdoms in Imo state with Eze from bloodline. Amagu in oru west LGA is one of such. The present Eze Ebube Agu of Amagu can trace the kingship in his linage 7 generations back. It predates colonization and this is in Imo state about 20 minute from Nnewi.
The Anambra / Imo kingship practice confusion is only emboldened by state creation. Just a few years ago. Brothers don’t know themselves anymore. Remember these were once one people. Foreigners came and divided them, not even based on culture but for the ease of governance.
Take a closer look at these communities, orlu awo , omuma, mgbidi, nnempi, (all Imo) and the ihiala, Okija, uli, amorka aziza. Ozo ubulu, iseke (all Anambra) you woul notice that the state boundaries in this communities are arbitrary.
The point here is that to an extent, the Anambra/ Imo fight here on NL is mostly out of ignorance.
Igbos have kings but they do not rely on them for collective decision making.
Re: Cletus Ilomuanya Confronts Okorocha Aboard Air Peace Flight With Walking Stick by ogbonti: 6:10pm On Mar 29, 2021
what right does that the so called Eze have to attack a Senator of the Federal Republic? If I were Rochas I will sue his As$ for assault

This is a dangerous precedence and we must not breath life into it by endorsing such rascality by the Eze. If he has any grouse with Okorocha, let the Eze sue Okorocha, that’s why we have courts

But to harass him in public is a No No!!!
Re: Cletus Ilomuanya Confronts Okorocha Aboard Air Peace Flight With Walking Stick by donbenie(m): 6:12pm On Mar 29, 2021
Juliusmalema:

Igbos have kings and vast areas of Igboland have kings...nuff said.

I can't be arguing senselessly over same issues year after year.

Igbo nwere Eze...That your community has no constituted king doesn't means others are same.

Many parts of Igboland have well structured kingdom before the arrival of whitemen.
I made it clear some areas of Igbo Land have Kings,but vast communities?
Lies..
How many of the Towns in Anambra or Enugu can boast of Kingships before the advent of Indirect Rule?
I don't need to argue blindly with you..
Re: Cletus Ilomuanya Confronts Okorocha Aboard Air Peace Flight With Walking Stick by donbenie(m): 6:17pm On Mar 29, 2021
sonnie10:

This is over generalization. There are some ancient kingdoms in Imo state with Eze from bloodline. Amagu in oru west LGA is one of such. The present Eze Ebube Agu of Amagu can trace the kingship in his linage 7 generations back. It predates colonization and this is in Imo state about 20 minute from Nnewi.
The Anambra / Imo kingship practice confusion is only emboldened by state creation. Just a few years ago. Brothers don’t know themselves anymore. Remember these were once one people. Foreigners came and divided them, not even based on culture but for the ease of governance.
Take a closer look at these communities, orlu awo , omuma, mgbidi, nnempi, (all Imo) and the ihiala, Okija, uli, amorka aziza. Ozo ubulu, iseke (all Anambra) you woul notice that the state boundaries in this communities are arbitrary.
The point here is that to an extent, the Anambra/ Imo fight here on NL is mostly out of ignorance.
Igbos have kings but they do not rely on them for collective decision making.
Igbos have ỌKPARA,that is very different from Igwes and Ezes of nowadays..

Most Igbos in precolonial times practice a village democracy type of government..

Warrant Chiefs are a creation of the colonial powers..
Re: Cletus Ilomuanya Confronts Okorocha Aboard Air Peace Flight With Walking Stick by Nobody: 6:20pm On Mar 29, 2021
donbenie:

Most Igbos in precolonial times practice a village democracy type of government..

Explain yourself and provide evidence.
Re: Cletus Ilomuanya Confronts Okorocha Aboard Air Peace Flight With Walking Stick by donbenie(m): 6:25pm On Mar 29, 2021
Truthshots:

Explain yourself and provide evidence.
Go and read Things Fall Apart by Chinua Achebe..
If after reading it you are still not clear..
Then go ahead and also read Arrow Of God by the same author..
Those are an exposè on the precolonial Igbo society..
Re: Cletus Ilomuanya Confronts Okorocha Aboard Air Peace Flight With Walking Stick by Nobody: 6:26pm On Mar 29, 2021
donbenie:
Go and read Things Fall Apart by Chinua Achebe..
If after reading it you are still not clear..
Then go ahead and also read Arrow Of God by the same author..
Those are an expose on the precolonial Igbo society..
I won't do any of that, I don't have time to wate reading rubbish. I asked a simple: explain yourself and provide evidence.

You guys act as if you were maths professors talking to undergraduates trying to learn a certain theory. This is just history: you make a claim then you provide proof.
Your claim isn't even clear.
Re: Cletus Ilomuanya Confronts Okorocha Aboard Air Peace Flight With Walking Stick by donbenie(m): 6:29pm On Mar 29, 2021
Truthshots:

I won't do any of that, I don't have time to wate reading rubbish. I asked a simple: explain yourself and provide evidence.
Am not going to do your research for you..

I provided you with the material to research on..

If you are too lazy to read,that's your headache..
Re: Cletus Ilomuanya Confronts Okorocha Aboard Air Peace Flight With Walking Stick by Nobody: 6:31pm On Mar 29, 2021
donbenie:
Am not going to do your research for you..

I provided you with the material to research on..

If you are too lazy to read,that's your headache..

Actually, you made a claim which you did not substantiate and you are asking me to substantiate it for you. You are the one whom is too lazy.

And once again, your claim is too vague.

As I said earlier, you are not a maths professor, and I am not an undergraduate seeking your advise in order to learn a theory. And the books written by your local champions are not scientific knowledge. Just prove your claims.
Re: Cletus Ilomuanya Confronts Okorocha Aboard Air Peace Flight With Walking Stick by sonnie10: 6:37pm On Mar 29, 2021
donbenie:
Igbos have ỌKPARA,that is very different from Igwes and Ezes of nowadays..

Warrant Chiefs are a creation of the colonial powers..
I am not talking about warrant chief. There were Eze before the warrant chiefs. Even before there was a founctional police, court and any form of law enforcement those communities I listed had their way of enforcing laws. Apart from Orlu, the rest of them had mmawu for law enforcement. The headquarters was at Oha Akpu Egbema. The highest authority for enforcement was gotten from there. Have you had of Ikwe Oha Akpu? Igbos had a working system before the colonialists come. Where do you think the Ighele came from? Ighele was a staff of office only held by two people, the chief priest and the Eze.
Re: Cletus Ilomuanya Confronts Okorocha Aboard Air Peace Flight With Walking Stick by donbenie(m): 6:37pm On Mar 29, 2021
Truthshots:

Actually, you made a claim which you did not substantiate and you are asking me to substantiate it for you. You are the one whom is too lazy.

And once again, your claim is too vague.
Lol..

I made a claim and you asked me to substantiate and I referred you to a known authority and material on the said claim and your response is that you don't have time to read rubbish?

What exactly is it that you want me to do?

I can provide you with TEN links to the said claim..

But of course..

You are too lazy to read.. grin
Re: Cletus Ilomuanya Confronts Okorocha Aboard Air Peace Flight With Walking Stick by donbenie(m): 6:41pm On Mar 29, 2021
sonnie10:

I am not talking about warrant chief. There were Eze before the warrant chiefs. Even before there was a foundational police, court and any form of law enforcement those communities I listed had their way of enforcing laws. Apart from Orlu, the rest of them had mmawu for law enforcement. The headquarters was at Oha Akpu Egbema. The highest authority for enforcement was gotten from there. Have you had of Ikwe Oha Akpu? Igbo had a working system before the colonialists come. Were do you think the Ighele came from? Ighele was a staff of office only held by two people, the chief priest and the Eze.
I fully appreciate the fact that a lot of Igbo communities have Kings that predate the White Man..
But my submission is on the fact that most Igbo villages do not have Kings,until the White Man invented the Warrant Chiefs or how else did they have to come up with it in the first instance?
Re: Cletus Ilomuanya Confronts Okorocha Aboard Air Peace Flight With Walking Stick by Nobody: 6:42pm On Mar 29, 2021
donbenie:
Lol..

I made a claim and you asked me to substantial and I referred you to a known authority and material on the said claim and your response is that you don't have time to read rubbish?

What exactly is it that you want me to do?

I can provide you with TEN links to the said claim..

But of course..

You are too lazy to read.. grin

You see this is the problem you guys have. You have second hand knowledge. You are not educated enough to defend a thesis, you are just educated enough to point fingers at a guy whom you believe is educated enough to defend a thesis.

"Authority in the topic", if you are not such then kindly shut your mouth up and open it only when you become an "authority in the topic". Why didn't you say clearly that you were merely a hype man instead of wasting everybody's time ?
Re: Cletus Ilomuanya Confronts Okorocha Aboard Air Peace Flight With Walking Stick by Nobody: 6:52pm On Mar 29, 2021
What I learnt in the university is to always speak with first hand knowledge.
Re: Cletus Ilomuanya Confronts Okorocha Aboard Air Peace Flight With Walking Stick by donbenie(m): 6:52pm On Mar 29, 2021
Truthshots:

You see this is the problem you guys have. You have second hand knowledge. You are not educated enough to defend a thesis, you are just educated enough to point fingers at a guy whom you believe is educated enough to defend a thesis.

"Authority in the topic", if you are not such then kindly shut your mouth up and open it only when you become an "authority in the topic". Why didn't you say clearly that you were merely a hype man instead of wasting everybody's time ?
Am sorry,I didn't know you were born with such knowledge? grin

This is not a PhD program ..

I made a claim and I can back up said claim with links by various sources..

What were you expecting?

A PhD Thesis?

Lol.. grin

Seems you are the Professor and I am your PhD Student..
Re: Cletus Ilomuanya Confronts Okorocha Aboard Air Peace Flight With Walking Stick by Futuragetty: 6:55pm On Mar 29, 2021
sonnie10:

I am not talking about warrant chief. There were Eze before the warrant chiefs. Even before there was a founctional police, court and any form of law enforcement those communities I listed had their way of enforcing laws. Apart from Orlu, the rest of them had mmawu for law enforcement. The headquarters was at Oha Akpu Egbema. The highest authority for enforcement was gotten from there. Have you had of Ikwe Oha Akpu? Igbos had a working system before the colonialists come. Where do you think the Ighele came from? Ighele was a staff of office only held by two people, the chief priest and the Eze.
I agree. Contrary to the opinions of colonialist, we didn't just have a working system. We had a means of written communication, Nsibidi. No other region had a written communication before the coming of white men.
Re: Cletus Ilomuanya Confronts Okorocha Aboard Air Peace Flight With Walking Stick by Nobody: 6:57pm On Mar 29, 2021
Futuragetty:

I agree. Contrary to the opinions of colonialist, we had a means of written communication, Nsibidi. No other region had a written communication before the coming of white men.
the only people on the African continent who developed indigenous alphabets are the Egyptians, the carthegenians and the Ethiopians.

So please stop deluding yourself.
Re: Cletus Ilomuanya Confronts Okorocha Aboard Air Peace Flight With Walking Stick by sonnie10: 7:34pm On Mar 29, 2021
Truthshots:
the only people on the African continent who developed indigenous alphabets are the Egyptians, the carthegenians and the Ethiopians.

So please stop deluding yourself.
I don’t see where he used the word alphabet instead he said a written form of communication. Nisibi up till today is still being used by the efiks in ekpe and nnabo culture. There are written signs which can’t be interpreted.
Presently, the ability to read, understand and interpret Nisibi is exhibited and used as a contest during cultural display.
Some of these traditions, you don’t see them in textbooks.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Graphic Photos Of Usman Umar Belel Killed During Shiite Protest In Abuja / Kogi Bye-Election: House Of Representatives Aspirant’s Son Beaten To Death / Fiyinfunoluwa Osinbajo Graduates From UK University (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.