Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,352 members, 7,815,739 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:22 PM

Early Results Confirm That The Igbos Make Up At Least 45% Of Lagos Population. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Early Results Confirm That The Igbos Make Up At Least 45% Of Lagos Population. (4785 Views)

#riversrerun: Early Results Emerge / Early Results From Bayelsa Election -vanguard / Update On Lagos Early Results - Vanguard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Early Results Confirm That The Igbos Make Up At Least 45% Of Lagos Population. by Musiwa13: 1:43am On Apr 17, 2011
you are not serious, the vote south against north in nigeria. not because the igbo. igbo dont make up 10% of lagos.
Re: Early Results Confirm That The Igbos Make Up At Least 45% Of Lagos Population. by hbrednic: 1:49am On Apr 17, 2011
bk.babe97y:

I hope folks know this is 1967 all ova again. . . .

GEJ just set the Ibos up and theyre so foolish they dont even know it!
You are a product of rape,thats why you have a lot of rage and hate inside you.
Gods loves you no matter what, thats if you believe in him.
Re: Early Results Confirm That The Igbos Make Up At Least 45% Of Lagos Population. by hbrednic: 1:51am On Apr 17, 2011
Musiwa,:

you are not serious, the vote south against north in nigeria. not because the igbo. igbo dont make up 10% of lagos.
the south went pdp,while the north voted 4 buhari,thats it
Re: Early Results Confirm That The Igbos Make Up At Least 45% Of Lagos Population. by Mekana(m): 1:53am On Apr 17, 2011
tatiana009:

If writing Igbo as Ibo is offensive,I apologise its not from any prejudice but rather ignorance. That's my point, why not simply explain to me why its offensive rather that assume that I must have something against Igbos. I would expect us to us this avenue to educate each other about our tribes and cultures

The spelling and pronounciation are IGBO. The British called it Ibo, but this has been variously rectified and u can verify any dictionary, encylopedia or online sources.
Re: Early Results Confirm That The Igbos Make Up At Least 45% Of Lagos Population. by kliffo(m): 1:55am On Apr 17, 2011
Stupid thread. Majority of the Yorubas voted GEJ. Stop turning every event into a tribal war
Re: Early Results Confirm That The Igbos Make Up At Least 45% Of Lagos Population. by fstranger5: 1:57am On Apr 17, 2011
Mekana:

The spelling and pronounciation are IGBO. The British called it Ibo, but this has been variously rectified and u can verify any dictionary, encylopedia or online sources.

The correct spelling is Eebo or Hebo
Re: Early Results Confirm That The Igbos Make Up At Least 45% Of Lagos Population. by EzeUche(m): 1:58am On Apr 17, 2011
Another Igbo Warrior is born! cool

NL turns an Igbo when they read the garbage posted about us.
Re: Early Results Confirm That The Igbos Make Up At Least 45% Of Lagos Population. by jasman1: 1:59am On Apr 17, 2011
Bk.babe97, to use the the word "foolish" is insightful and shows a complete ignorant about your knowledge of the Igbos. To say that the Igbos exhibit a lack of good judgement in their support of Jonathan is a foolish remark
Re: Early Results Confirm That The Igbos Make Up At Least 45% Of Lagos Population. by sbeezy8: 1:59am On Apr 17, 2011
i think hibo sounds better
Re: Early Results Confirm That The Igbos Make Up At Least 45% Of Lagos Population. by Mekana(m): 2:02am On Apr 17, 2011
sbeezy8:

i think hibo sounds better
fstranger5:

The correct spelling is Eebo or Hebo

U sound like your uncle is your sperm donor rather than your papa
Re: Early Results Confirm That The Igbos Make Up At Least 45% Of Lagos Population. by AljUche: 2:03am On Apr 17, 2011
Mekana:

U sound like your uncle is your papa rather than your sperm donor

guy can you shut up

but, you too can you not tell the mumu poster that shut up as well
Re: Early Results Confirm That The Igbos Make Up At Least 45% Of Lagos Population. by Mekana(m): 2:05am On Apr 17, 2011
shut ur trap first
Re: Early Results Confirm That The Igbos Make Up At Least 45% Of Lagos Population. by fstranger5: 2:05am On Apr 17, 2011
Mekana:

U sound like your uncle is your sperm donor rather than your papa

You sound like I am your sperm donor instead of your papa. Go back and ask your pros/titute mother to tell you the truth.  

Igbo people, also referred to as the Ibo(e), Ebo(e),[9][16][17] Eboans[18] or Heebo[19] (Igbo: Ndị Igbọ) are an ethnic group living chiefly in southeastern Nigeria. They speak Igbo, which includes various Igboid languages and dialects;[20] today, a majority of them speak English alongside Igbo as a result of British colonialism.[21]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Igbo_people
Re: Early Results Confirm That The Igbos Make Up At Least 45% Of Lagos Population. by Mekana(m): 2:07am On Apr 17, 2011
U just confirmed your pedigree and status as a layman, a layman who uses anonymous source like wikipedia, that doesn't have any academic or scholarly credibility as a  source.
Re: Early Results Confirm That The Igbos Make Up At Least 45% Of Lagos Population. by sbeezy8: 2:08am On Apr 17, 2011
that wiki is updated by ibos themselves
Re: Early Results Confirm That The Igbos Make Up At Least 45% Of Lagos Population. by bkbabe97y(m): 2:10am On Apr 17, 2011
jas man:

Bk.babe97, to use the the word "foolish" is insightful and shows a complete ignorant about your knowledge of the Igbos. To say that the Igbos exhibit a lack of good judgement in their support of Jonathan is a foolish remark

Sorry ,dude, but u guys are just unbelievably foo*lish if you cant see that in the end the Power sharing is gonna be done by just the usual partners: The Yorubas and Hausa/Fulanis. As usual, yall just pawns!
Re: Early Results Confirm That The Igbos Make Up At Least 45% Of Lagos Population. by AljUche: 2:10am On Apr 17, 2011
Mekana:

U just confirmed your pedigree and status as a layman, a layman who uses anonymous source like wikipedia, who doesn't have any academic or scholarly credibility as a  source.

guy you are sounding silly here

who coined the word ibo, was it yoruba or an igbo man himself

i am igbo as well so be careful

leave this people alone they would turn u into a tribalist like they hav to hundreds of others
Re: Early Results Confirm That The Igbos Make Up At Least 45% Of Lagos Population. by bkbabe97y(m): 2:12am On Apr 17, 2011
hbrednic:

You are a product of violation,thats why you have a lot of rage and hate inside you.
Gods loves you no matter what, thats if you believe in him.

Yup! And this Ibo "God" of urs told u its cool to say niggas is products of ra*pe, huh?

Fuxck outta here u freaking son of a lineage of human-flesh eating hypocrites!
Re: Early Results Confirm That The Igbos Make Up At Least 45% Of Lagos Population. by Mekana(m): 2:15am On Apr 17, 2011
Alj Uche:

guy you are sounding silly here

who coined the word ibo, was it yoruba or an igbo man himself

i am igbo as well so be careful

leave this people alone they would turn u into a tribalist like they hav to hundreds of others

Dude, I doubt that u are Igbo. if u are, i expect u to challenge these hatreds being spewed by unrepentant yoorobatic tribalists,
Re: Early Results Confirm That The Igbos Make Up At Least 45% Of Lagos Population. by Mekana(m): 2:17am On Apr 17, 2011
bk.babe97y:

Yup! And this Ibo "God" of urs told u its cool to say niggas is products of ra*pe, huh?

Fuxck outta here u freaking son of a lineage of human-flesh eating hypocrites!

This guy definitely is a cannibal, he seem to know how to eat and taste human flesh. Where are u from Egba, Ijebu, Oshogbo or a son of a babalawo?
Re: Early Results Confirm That The Igbos Make Up At Least 45% Of Lagos Population. by bkbabe97y(m): 2:20am On Apr 17, 2011
^^^I'm actually from Aladinma! Punk!
Re: Early Results Confirm That The Igbos Make Up At Least 45% Of Lagos Population. by EzeUche(m): 2:22am On Apr 17, 2011
bk.babe97y:

Sorry ,dude, but u guys are just unbelievably foo*lish if you cant see that in the end the Power sharing is gonna be done by just the usual partners: The Yorubas and Hausa/Fulanis. As usual, yall just pawns!

Never in Nigeria's history has there been power sharing amongst the Yoruba and Hausa-Fulani. It was either Igbo and Hausa-Fulani or the Hausa-Fulani by themselves.

Why do you think it took Yorubas 40 years to produce a president?
Re: Early Results Confirm That The Igbos Make Up At Least 45% Of Lagos Population. by AljUche: 2:24am On Apr 17, 2011
Mekana:

Dude, I doubt that u are Igbo. if u are, i expect u to challenge these hatreds being spewed by unrepentant yoorobatic tribalists,

i should challenge them and say what undecided

nairaland is a fractional world for bored people like me to catch fun, i almost turned into a tribalist with nairaland but i noticed it is just a frictional world

this same people have been insulting yorubas and igbo since 2006

now this is 2011 and yet they have not changed

I am in lagos right now and i can tell you igbo yoruba hausa are all living together in peace

if u do not reply them, they would stop wink
Re: Early Results Confirm That The Igbos Make Up At Least 45% Of Lagos Population. by bkbabe97y(m): 2:25am On Apr 17, 2011
EzeUche:

Never in Nigeria's history has there been power sharing amongst the Yoruba and Hausa-Fulani. It was either Igbo and Hausa-Fulani or the Hausa-Fulani by themselves.

Why do you think it took Yorubas 40 years to produce a president?

Lol. You guys even got the Chairmanship of PDP snatched from yall and u were given a back-handed biyytch slap and kicked to the side. Yet, when it came time to curry favors you were reminded that "Hey, my name is Ebele Azikwei. . . . "

Even I know that you guys are inconsequential in the power sharing of Nigeria.

Ibos are really smart people, but the uneducated and tribalistic of u guys (which even sometimes includes the so-called educated ones). . . .

Arrgh, u fo*ools gimme a damn headache!
Re: Early Results Confirm That The Igbos Make Up At Least 45% Of Lagos Population. by AljUche: 2:27am On Apr 17, 2011
bk.babe97y:

Even I know that you guys are inconsequential in the power sharing of Nigeria.

Ibos are really smart people, but the uneducated and tribalistic of u guys (which even sometimes includes the so-called educated ones). . . .

Arrgh, u fo*ools gimme a damn headache!

can you shut the f up
Re: Early Results Confirm That The Igbos Make Up At Least 45% Of Lagos Population. by ektbear: 2:29am On Apr 17, 2011
Hrm

From Wikipedia.
Re: Early Results Confirm That The Igbos Make Up At Least 45% Of Lagos Population. by EzeUche(m): 2:31am On Apr 17, 2011
ekt_bear:

Hrm

From Wikipedia.

How the hell are you going to tell a people how they should be called? It is Igbo. . . Nothing more and nothing less.
Re: Early Results Confirm That The Igbos Make Up At Least 45% Of Lagos Population. by bkbabe97y(m): 2:32am On Apr 17, 2011
Alj Uche:

can you shut the f up

. . . , and the Camel Fuxcka jumps in the fray!
Re: Early Results Confirm That The Igbos Make Up At Least 45% Of Lagos Population. by AljUche: 2:34am On Apr 17, 2011
bk.babe97y:

. . . , and the Camel Fuxcka jumps in the fray!

i hope u were refering to Bk and not me
Re: Early Results Confirm That The Igbos Make Up At Least 45% Of Lagos Population. by ektbear: 2:34am On Apr 17, 2011
Most of the literature up to at least the 80s used "ibo", if I'm not mistaken. I've seen lots of Igbo posters here use 'ibo' too.
Re: Early Results Confirm That The Igbos Make Up At Least 45% Of Lagos Population. by Nobody: 2:36am On Apr 17, 2011
I think ibo flows better. I also think ibos are trying to distance themselves from it because it stands for[b] I[/b] [b]B[/b]efore [b]O[/b]thers, which decribes them so perfectly.
Re: Early Results Confirm That The Igbos Make Up At Least 45% Of Lagos Population. by Mekana(m): 2:36am On Apr 17, 2011
ekt_bear:

Most of the literature up to at least the 80s used "ibo", if I'm not mistaken. I've seen lots of Igbo posters here use 'ibo' too.
get it right! its Igbo,

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ndigbo, It Is Time To Return Home And Develop East / Abia To Construct 8,500 Housing Units For Civil Servants / How Bad Can Lagos Drainage Problems Get?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.