Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,373 members, 7,815,788 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:26 PM

Early Results Confirm That The Igbos Make Up At Least 45% Of Lagos Population. - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Early Results Confirm That The Igbos Make Up At Least 45% Of Lagos Population. (4786 Views)

#riversrerun: Early Results Emerge / Early Results From Bayelsa Election -vanguard / Update On Lagos Early Results - Vanguard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Early Results Confirm That The Igbos Make Up At Least 45% Of Lagos Population. by EzeUche(m): 2:37am On Apr 17, 2011
ekt_bear:

Most of the literature up to at least the 80s used "ibo", if I'm not mistaken. I've seen lots of Igbo posters here use 'ibo' too.

I would expect your akata self to be able to pronounce the "gb" sound, but any West African will be able to pronounce Igbo using the correct pronunciation.

Therefore, since this is a Nigerian website, it should be written like Igbo. Would you want Yoruba?
Re: Early Results Confirm That The Igbos Make Up At Least 45% Of Lagos Population. by Nobody: 2:37am On Apr 17, 2011
Mekana:

get it right! its Igbo,

Since when?
Re: Early Results Confirm That The Igbos Make Up At Least 45% Of Lagos Population. by AljUche: 2:37am On Apr 17, 2011
ekt_bear:

Most of the literature up to at least the 80s used "ibo", if I'm not mistaken. I've seen lots of Igbo posters here use 'ibo' too.

gbamm so i see nothing wrong in it

i use igbo but if some of my igbo brothers use "ibo" then what is stopping other ethnic groups from using "ibo" we have to be the change if we want change

it is a free world just make sure u respect us and do not use it to insult us then we are cool
Re: Early Results Confirm That The Igbos Make Up At Least 45% Of Lagos Population. by SEFAGO(m): 2:38am On Apr 17, 2011
I prefer Ibo too, seems way better
Re: Early Results Confirm That The Igbos Make Up At Least 45% Of Lagos Population. by Mekana(m): 2:39am On Apr 17, 2011
Aigbofa:

Since when?
u sound yorobatic and unsurprisingly chauvinistic
Re: Early Results Confirm That The Igbos Make Up At Least 45% Of Lagos Population. by ektbear: 2:40am On Apr 17, 2011
EzeUche:

I would expect your akata self to be able to pronounce the "gb" sound, but any West African will be able to pronounce Igbo using the correct pronunciation.

Therefore, since this is a Nigerian website, it should be written like Igbo. Would you want Yoruba?
When have Yoruba ever been called "Yoruba" historically?

Yarriba, Yoruba, Anago, Nago, etc, etc. But never Yoruba. . .
Re: Early Results Confirm That The Igbos Make Up At Least 45% Of Lagos Population. by Nobody: 2:40am On Apr 17, 2011
Mekana:

u sound yorobatic and unsurprisingly chauvinistic

Who? me? chauvini what? O tio.
Re: Early Results Confirm That The Igbos Make Up At Least 45% Of Lagos Population. by bkbabe97y(m): 2:43am On Apr 17, 2011
Aigbofa:

I think ibo flows better. I also think ibos are trying to distance themselves from it because it stands for[b] I[/b] B[/b]efore [b]O[/b]thers, which decribes them so perfectly.

Well, if they want it as Igbo, then Igbo it should be. Just to respect them, even if Its hard to pronounce.

Personally,I think [b]I
[b]G[/b]o [b]B[/b]efore [b]O[/b]thers sounds better anyways.
Re: Early Results Confirm That The Igbos Make Up At Least 45% Of Lagos Population. by Mekana(m): 2:43am On Apr 17, 2011
Aigbofa:

Who? me? chauvini what? O tio.
speak english and don't hide ur semantic deficiency on that terrible vernacular
Re: Early Results Confirm That The Igbos Make Up At Least 45% Of Lagos Population. by Nobody: 2:44am On Apr 17, 2011
Mekana:

speak english and don't hide your semantic deficiency on that terrible vernacular

Ok Sir.
Re: Early Results Confirm That The Igbos Make Up At Least 45% Of Lagos Population. by ektbear: 2:44am On Apr 17, 2011
The only people who say "Yoruba" are Igbos who think they are funny and clever.

"Oh gee, a Yoruba king is called an 'oba'. . . let me mispell Yoruba as 'Yoruba'! This will be very amusing!"

Anyway, I've no problem calling you guys what you want to be called, but I'm sure as of the 80s, everyone spelled it "Ibo."
Re: Early Results Confirm That The Igbos Make Up At Least 45% Of Lagos Population. by EzeUche(m): 2:45am On Apr 17, 2011
I'll let my Igbo brother Mekana handle this.

I'm sure he can handle these pathetic excuses for men.  grin

5 against 1 is what we Igbos enjoy.
Re: Early Results Confirm That The Igbos Make Up At Least 45% Of Lagos Population. by Nobody: 2:47am On Apr 17, 2011
bk.babe97y:

Well, if they want it as Igbo, then Igbo it should be. Just to respect them, even if Its hard to pronounce.

Personally,I think I [b]G[/b]o [b]B[/b]efore [b]O[/b]thers sounds better anyways.

Whichever way they want it, it's all the same. Selfish to the core.
Re: Early Results Confirm That The Igbos Make Up At Least 45% Of Lagos Population. by Nobody: 2:49am On Apr 17, 2011
ekt_bear:

The only people who say "Yoruba" are Igbos who think they are funny and clever.

"Oh gee, a Yoruba king is called an 'oba'. . . let me mispell Yoruba as 'Yoruba'! This will be very amusing!"
Anyway, I've no problem calling you guys what you want to be called, but I'm sure as of the 80s, everyone spelled it "Ibo."

Some of them are just so pathetic you have to ignore them.
Re: Early Results Confirm That The Igbos Make Up At Least 45% Of Lagos Population. by Mekana(m): 2:50am On Apr 17, 2011
Aigbofa:

Whichever way they want it, it's all the same. Selfish to the core.

Igbos have been variously tagged with different names, but certainly not as rapists nor as sodomites, incestous. Remember OBJ to Mojisola Obasanjo; Remember Onabanjo to his daughter, to mention but few. These are supposedly yorobatic elders.
Re: Early Results Confirm That The Igbos Make Up At Least 45% Of Lagos Population. by ektbear: 2:51am On Apr 17, 2011
Who is ganging up on anyone? I'm just correcting facts here.
Re: Early Results Confirm That The Igbos Make Up At Least 45% Of Lagos Population. by EzeUche(m): 2:52am On Apr 17, 2011
One thing I must say is that some Yorubas are so stooopid.

They always try to pick a fight with the Ndigbo even though we are not the reason why they are suffering.

Maybe they should never have sided with the Hausa. Oh well. . . No biggie to me.
Re: Early Results Confirm That The Igbos Make Up At Least 45% Of Lagos Population. by Nobody: 2:52am On Apr 17, 2011
Mekana:

Igbos have been variously tagged with different names, but certainly not as rapists nor as sodomites, incestous. Remember OBJ to Mojisola Obasanjo; Remember Onabanjo to his daughter, to mention but few. These are supposedly yorobatic elders.

What of Ojukwu to Bianca? You cannot prove anything against Onabanjo or Obasanjo. The Ikemba was not exactly hiding his pedophilia.
Re: Early Results Confirm That The Igbos Make Up At Least 45% Of Lagos Population. by Mekana(m): 2:54am On Apr 17, 2011
Aigbofa:

What of Ojukwu to Bianca?
legally and traditionally married to her
Re: Early Results Confirm That The Igbos Make Up At Least 45% Of Lagos Population. by EzeUche(m): 2:54am On Apr 17, 2011
My Igbo brethren and sistren: Let the foolish Yoruba continue to hate. Remember that most on this section do not represent their brothers and sisters.

We shall continue to prosper and let our actions, not our words show them why God has favored us.
Re: Early Results Confirm That The Igbos Make Up At Least 45% Of Lagos Population. by Nobody: 2:56am On Apr 17, 2011
Mekana:

legally and traditionally married to her

Was he at Bianca's christening as a dirty old man? I can't even imagine what was going through his mind the day he started to fancy Bianca!
Re: Early Results Confirm That The Igbos Make Up At Least 45% Of Lagos Population. by Mekana(m): 2:57am On Apr 17, 2011
in the past 20th century, a man from Ogun state, Egba or Ijebu (who cares) embarked on sex escapade, devouring all the virgins he could get hold of, from London to NY, from lagos to abeokute. Guess who? Moshooood Abiola, a man who wanted to rule naija, a pervert!!!
Re: Early Results Confirm That The Igbos Make Up At Least 45% Of Lagos Population. by Nobody: 2:59am On Apr 17, 2011
Mekana:

in the past 20th century, a man from Ogun state, Egba or Ijebu (who cares) embarked on sex escapade, devouring all the virgins he could get hold of, from London to NY, from lagos to abeokute

What nameless man? Ojukwu was ogling Bianca when she was just a baby!
Re: Early Results Confirm That The Igbos Make Up At Least 45% Of Lagos Population. by AljUche: 2:59am On Apr 17, 2011
EzeUche:

One thing I must say is that some Yorubas are so stooopid.

They always try to pick a fight with the Ndigbo even though we are not the reason why they are suffering.

Maybe they should never have sided with the Hausa. Oh well. . . No biggie to me.

people like you are silly

u claim to own there land even though it is a lie

u claim to hate them because of the war even though they do not kill u people like they do in the north and other parts of the country

you claim they betrayed ojukwu and igbo even though awo clearly knew how arrogant ojukwu was and also how nnamdi betrayed awo first

you claim they call igbo as ibo, ,.,.,. when the word was coined by igbos themselves

you claim they are tribalistic but as you can see they are not, there vote was split between the north and south

and the list goes on and on

so shut the f up and go and sleep angry
Re: Early Results Confirm That The Igbos Make Up At Least 45% Of Lagos Population. by EzeUche(m): 2:59am On Apr 17, 2011
Mekana:

in the past 20th century, a man from Ogun state, Egba or Ijebu (who cares) embarked on sex escapade, devouring all the virgins he could get hold of, from London to NY, from lagos to abeokute. Guess who? Moshooood Abiola, a man who wanted to rule naija, a pervert!!!

grin cheesy grin

They need to stop chasing women and start chasing money. This is a joke. tongue
Re: Early Results Confirm That The Igbos Make Up At Least 45% Of Lagos Population. by AljUche: 3:00am On Apr 17, 2011
Mekana:

stop replying this people, trust me it's no good

they will build up something u do not like in you
Re: Early Results Confirm That The Igbos Make Up At Least 45% Of Lagos Population. by Mekana(m): 3:01am On Apr 17, 2011
Aigbofa:

What nameless man? Ojukwu was ogling Bianca when she was just a baby!

Obasanjo impregnated mojisola for impotent gbenga
Re: Early Results Confirm That The Igbos Make Up At Least 45% Of Lagos Population. by EzeUche(m): 3:02am On Apr 17, 2011
Alj Uche:

you claim they are tribalistic but as you can see they are not, there vote was split between the north and south

When did 80% become an equal split?  grin

Ha ha ha

Of course GEJ would get OVERWHELMING support from his region. Didn't Obama get 90% of the black vote?
Re: Early Results Confirm That The Igbos Make Up At Least 45% Of Lagos Population. by fstranger5: 3:04am On Apr 17, 2011
Mekana:

. . . does that make him a p/e/d/o/p/h/i/l/e?
Re: Early Results Confirm That The Igbos Make Up At Least 45% Of Lagos Population. by Nobody: 3:04am On Apr 17, 2011
Mekana:

Were they adults when this happened? Then, no pedophilia here, all is good. Nobody likes dirty old men ogling their little underage daughters.
A drooling old man chasing after a little girl, how nasty.
Re: Early Results Confirm That The Igbos Make Up At Least 45% Of Lagos Population. by AljUche: 3:05am On Apr 17, 2011
EzeUche:

When did 80% become an equal split?  grin

Ha ha ha

Of course GEJ would get OVERWHELMING support from his region. Didn't Obama get 90% of the black vote?

that is lagos, if i am right ?

what about the whole SW
Re: Early Results Confirm That The Igbos Make Up At Least 45% Of Lagos Population. by Mekana(m): 3:06am On Apr 17, 2011
Aigbofa:

Were they adults when this happened? Then, no pedophilia here, all is good. Nobody likes dirty old men ogling thier underage daughters.
Its called sacrilege in Igboland since u don't have such word in your freaking dictionary, Father-in-law to daughter-in-law, its a profanity

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Surpising Gombe State / . / Boko Haram Holds Open Courts In Adamawa

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.