Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,470 members, 7,819,718 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:35 PM

Is It Ok For A Christain To Celebrate His Or Her Birthday? - Religion (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It Ok For A Christain To Celebrate His Or Her Birthday? (9224 Views)

Why Do Muslims Ask Christain To Wear Hijab Before Entering Their Premises / Temiloluwa Adeboye Celebrates Her Birthday (Photo) / Is It Right For A Christain To Own A Club/bar (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Ok For A Christain To Celebrate His Or Her Birthday? by Janosky: 11:50pm On Apr 23, 2021
edoairways:

Our lord Jesus set an example by fasting in the wilderness. He didn't even celebrate his birthday yet his followers are celebrating him. He even said that certain challenges of life requires fasting.
Urhuese ovbioba.
Re: Is It Ok For A Christain To Celebrate His Or Her Birthday? by Janosky: 11:56pm On Apr 23, 2021
blueAgent:

Trash, you know better than the bible translators who am sure checked all this.

False teachers

You can't understand Ijaw or Igbo languages more than the native speakers or indigenes.
The indigenes,the Jews say your claim is FALSE.

Bros,no dey DECEIVE yourself.
grin grin
Re: Is It Ok For A Christain To Celebrate His Or Her Birthday? by Janosky: 12:18am On Apr 24, 2021
blueAgent:

If he did why will it be written?

First prove that the feast for Isaac been weaned is a sin?

In your little brain what makes birthday celebrations a sin is becos of it is done annually?

What has king Uzziah has to do with this?
Is this another way to twist scripture ?

Till date you are yet to give evidence in the bible that birthday celebrations is wrong.

All through the Bible there are evidence of Israelites and jews celeberating annual festivals.

No where was it written as sin.

Yet, you can't furnish any evidence of Jews and Israelites in your Bible celebrate birthdays, not even Jesus Christ you DECEIVE yourself you follow.

Matthew 28:20, teaching them to OBEY ALL THE THINGS I commanded you.
Bros, your Christmas & birthday is wrong, proven by Jesus Christ @ Matthew 28:20

Imperfect Slave wey wise pass the perfect Jesus na mumu slave typing GIBBERISH.
grin grin

Birthdays celebrations is pagan practice in honor of a god , the monarch worshipped by pagans.
Jesus knew that fact,he shunned birthdays.
Is weaning birthday celebrations?
Jehovah did not command what Uzziah did just as Jehovah did NOT command your birthday celebrations?
Can you reason on it & digest this truth ?
grin grin
Re: Is It Ok For A Christain To Celebrate His Or Her Birthday? by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:31am On Apr 24, 2021
That Israelites were black skinned alone shows you're empty-headed my guy so if you can't answer those questions forget it!

Has the Messiah come?
What is his name?
What about his teachings?
How can we IDENTIFY his true followers today?
What are their achievements?

bobestman:

Have replied you. Just go thru the post.
Re: Is It Ok For A Christain To Celebrate His Or Her Birthday? by bobestman(m): 8:31am On Apr 24, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
That Israelites were black skinned alone shows you're empty-headed my guy so if you can't answer those questions forget it!

Has the Messiah come?
What is his name?
What about his teachings?
How can we IDENTIFY his true followers today?
What are their achievements?

Stop acting like a kid. If I keep insulting you back in every of my comment, all these would have ended since. I mistakenly replied all your questions under one of my comment that was why I told you to scroll up or go thru the posts. You must have seen it but still telling me with insults to still reply the questions. Are you paying me to write for you? Now I remember the words of a great master and that of my teacher, " holy things(information or secrets of the kingdom) are not giving to dogs. They will trample it cos it will never make any sense to them". You leave them the way they understand untill the time the scales will fall off their eyes. This is why I told you that the messages you preach in your churches is not the real. When those who are anointed to preach the true message round the world comes, you all will not even believe them cos it will never look the lie you all have known all your life. Same with the true messiah when he comes. You all will never believe them cos you have been conditioned for centuries to believe that the white lies they used to dupe your ancestors thousands of years back and which you all know, is the only truth. I won't waste my time sharing secret things with you again. Let it be the way you understand man.

Re: Is It Ok For A Christain To Celebrate His Or Her Birthday? by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:00am On Apr 24, 2021
You and i are chatting on faceless social media, that means whatever you say is read by millions if not billions of people.
So if you want to address issues then you must make your reply accessible to all followers so that they can all see the answers and scriptural backing. For instance:

Question~Has the Messiah come?
Answer~YES! According to the gospel of Matthew, Mark, Luke and John

Question~What name did he bear during his lifetime?
Answer~Though the scriptures foretold that he will be named "Emmanuel" {Isaiah 7:14} but he was called "Jesus"! Luke 2:21

That is how to answer questions in a way that all followers will know that you've responded well not just stories about some black skinned whatever.

And regarding the Insults, you started that!

Listen to yourself~

Nnamdi Kanu warned you. Many don't know that He is the only true prophet in our world today

Is this not the most stupid comment ever in this world today? cheesy

bobestman:

Stop acting like a kid. If I keep insulting you back in every of my comment, all these would have ended since. I mistakenly replied all your questions under one of my comments that was why I told you to scroll up or go thru the posts. You must have seen it but still telling me with insults to still reply the questions. Are you paying me to write for you? Now I remember the words of a great master and that of my teacher, " holy things(information or secrets of the kingdom) are not giving to dogs. They will trample it cos it will never make any sense to them". You leave them the way they understand untill the time the scales will fall off their eyes. This is why I told you that the messages you preach in your churches is not the real. When those who are anointed to preach the true message round the world comes, you all will not even believe them cos it will never look the lie you all have known all your life. Same with the true messiah when he comes. You all will never believe them cos you have been conditioned for centuries to believe that the white lies they used to dupe your ancestors thousands of years back and which you all know, is the only truth. I won't waste my time sharing secret things with you again. Let it be the way you understand man.
Re: Is It Ok For A Christain To Celebrate His Or Her Birthday? by bobestman(m): 9:42am On Apr 24, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
You and i are chatting on faceless social media, that means whatever you say is read by millions if not billions of people.
So if you want to address issues then you must make your reply accessible to all followers so that they can all see the answers and scriptural backing. For instance:

Question~Has the Messiah come?
Answer~YES! According to the gospel of Matthew, Mark, Luke and John

Question~What name did he bear during his lifetime?
Answer~Though the scriptures foretold that he will be named "Emmanuel" {Isaiah 7:14} but he was called "Jesus"! Luke 2:21

That is how to answer questions in a way that all followers will know that you've responded well not just stories about some black skinned whatever.

And regarding the Insults, you started that!

Listen to yourself~

Is this not the most stupid comment ever in this world today? cheesy

I am not a kid you can box around or try to teach what to do. You are spiritually blind and can only see what they put in a book for you or what your pastors tell you. We are not in the same category. The little I know, you can never know. About NK many of your pastors have spoken about him since 2012 but not in a way you will understand. He has also given accurate prophecy more than your pastors and prophets. What we have seen and known you can't know. Elijah is a war prophet who killed a lot of people. The coming of the Messiah is for War against his enemies. You are a kid spiritually. Pls stop this your nonsense
Re: Is It Ok For A Christain To Celebrate His Or Her Birthday? by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:46am On Apr 24, 2021
Simply quote "you've got no answer to those questions" so let's call it a day! cheesy

bobestman:

I am not a kid you can box around or try to teach what to do. You are spiritually blind and can only see what they put in a book for you or what your pastors tell you. We are not in the same category. The little I know, you can never know. About NK many of your pastors have spoken about him since 2012 but not in a way you will understand. He has also given accurate prophecy more than your pastors and prophets. What we have seen and known you can't know. Elijah is a war prophet who killed a lot of people. The coming of the Messiah is for War against his enemies. You are a kid spiritually. Pls stop this your nonsense
Re: Is It Ok For A Christain To Celebrate His Or Her Birthday? by achorladey: 4:15pm On Apr 24, 2021
1. The Hebrew phrase for "birthday" is יום הולדת yom huledet.

2. While it's certainly a familiar phrase

3. It's actually kind of a strange construct.

4.Huledet is the hufal (passive and causative) form.

5. Why not use the simpler יום הלידה yom haleida - "day of birth"?

Why not day of birth aka his day aka Job 1:4 and Job 3:1

Na to cite references with zero application in usage. Mr educated literate and mumu detector aka Janosky come and see the wisdom of the world that is foolishness.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It Ok For A Christain To Celebrate His Or Her Birthday? by blueAgent(m): 10:19pm On Apr 24, 2021
Janosky:

Yet, you can't furnish any evidence of Jews and Israelites in your Bible celebrate birthdays, not even Jesus Christ you DECEIVE yourself you follow.

Bros, your Christmas & birthday is wrong, proven by Jesus Christ @ Matthew 28:20

grin grin

Birthdays celebrations is pagan practice in honor of a god , the monarch worshipped by pagans.
Jehovah did not command what Uzziah did just as Jehovah did NOT command your birthday celebrations?
grin grin

You could not give one example or Bible verse that forbids birthday other than lies.
If Abraham could celebrate Isaac been weaned and it was not a sin why than is birthday different?

Only false Church like yours that is seeking relevance would call it sin.
Re: Is It Ok For A Christain To Celebrate His Or Her Birthday? by blueAgent(m): 10:24pm On Apr 24, 2021
Janosky:

You can't understand Ijaw or Igbo languages more than the native speakers or indigenes.
The indigenes,the Jews say your claim is FALSE.

Bros,no dey DECEIVE yourself.
grin grin
False church known for false teaching and failed prophecies claiming relevance.

Till you show me where the Bible called birthday celebration as sin than I can accept it.
For A sin as grievous as Idolatry which you claim birthday celebration is, God will not leave us to speculate it would have been well spelled out.

Paul inspired by God has already spoken on one observing a day as been special not in terms of been a god or celebrating a god but a day to appreciate God's faithfulness.
Re: Is It Ok For A Christain To Celebrate His Or Her Birthday? by blueAgent(m): 10:29pm On Apr 24, 2021
Janosky:

grin grin

grin grin

Clown you are still to prove to me ,how me gathering my friends and family together to say thank God for been alive to see one more year added to my life means I am honouring a god?

Are you that Dumb?

Did he command Weaning?

God himself insistuted the Sabbath as a day set aside to mark the creation of the Earth.
Which is the birthday of the World.

So observing that day weekly is paganism?
You need serious help.
Re: Is It Ok For A Christain To Celebrate His Or Her Birthday? by blueAgent(m): 10:30pm On Apr 24, 2021
Janosky:

Donald Redford, A Study of the Biblical Story of Joseph (Genesis: 37-50), pp. 205-206, writes: “The birthday of a king, like the birthday of a god".
Jesus knew that fact and shunned birthdays.
Did Jesus mourn ?
Answer: Yes. John 11:34-36.
Bros , your claim is FALSE.

Did Jesus celebrate Christmas/birthdays?
Answer: No.

blueAgent, that Imperfect mumu wey get sense pass Jesus.

grin grin

Jesus shunned Christmas/ birthdays in imitation of Jesus Christ.
Birthday celebrations are highly reverred by the Occult/cultists/atheists. Go & find out grin

Bros , your FALSE claims amounts to defamation of character.
Clown DECEIVING himself
grin grin cheesy cheesy

If the only reason why birthday celebrations is bad is becos King Pharaoh did it then you are a slowpoke.
Re: Is It Ok For A Christain To Celebrate His Or Her Birthday? by blueAgent(m): 10:36pm On Apr 24, 2021
Janosky:

Urhuese ovbioba.

Didn't the pagans wean their Children with feast?

Why didn't Jesus attend one?

Clown to show how false your narrative is you sight that on Pharaohs birthday someone was killed but you failed to also tell us that on his birthday someone was also freed.

Genesis 40:20 And it came to pass the third day, which was Pharaoh's birthday, that he made a feast unto all his servants: and he lifted up the head of the chief butler and of the chief baker among his servants. 40:21 And he restored the chief butler unto his butlership again; and he gave the cup into Pharaoh's hand: 40:23 Yet did not the chief butler remember Joseph, but forgat him.

Clown selecting Bible verses that suit their lies and deception.
Re: Is It Ok For A Christain To Celebrate His Or Her Birthday? by blueAgent(m): 10:45pm On Apr 24, 2021
Janosky:

Donald Redford, A Study of the Biblical Story of Joseph (Genesis: 37-50), pp. 205-206, writes: “The birthday of a king, like the birthday of a god".
Jesus knew that fact and shunned birthdays.
Did Jesus mourn ?
Answer: Yes. John 11:34-36.
Bros , your claim is FALSE.

Did Jesus celebrate Christmas/birthdays?
Answer: No.

blueAgent, that Imperfect mumu wey get sense pass Jesus.

grin grin

Jesus shunned Christmas/ birthdays in imitation of Jesus Christ.
Birthday celebrations are highly reverred by the Occult/cultists/atheists. Go & find out grin

Bros , your FALSE claims amounts to defamation of character.
Clown DECEIVING himself
grin grin cheesy cheesy

Just like celeberating Weaning?
Re: Is It Ok For A Christain To Celebrate His Or Her Birthday? by Janosky: 12:12am On Apr 25, 2021
blueAgent:

Didn't the pagans wean their Children with feast?

Why didn't Jesus attend one?

Clown to show how false your narrative is you sight that on Pharaohs birthday someone was killed but you failed to also tell us that on his birthday someone was also freed.

Genesis 40:20 And it came to pass the third day, which was Pharaoh's birthday, that he made a feast unto all his servants: and he lifted up the head of the chief butler and of the chief baker among his servants. 40:21 And he restored the chief butler unto his butlership again; and he gave the cup into Pharaoh's hand: 40:23 Yet did not the chief butler remember Joseph, but forgat him.

Clown selecting Bible verses that suit their lies and deception.

All this long story because Matthew 28:20 is too hard for you to trust and obey.

According to your Mumu claim, Jesus Christ is teaching you lies and deception @ Matthew 28:20.
Imperfect mumu wey wise pass Jesus Christ.
grin grin grin
Re: Is It Ok For A Christain To Celebrate His Or Her Birthday? by Janosky: 12:24am On Apr 25, 2021
blueAgent:

If the only reason why birthday celebrations is bad is becos King Pharaoh did it then you are a slowpoke.
Sifia pained blueAgent. grin grin
When blueAgent can't deal with the truth he resorts to verbal abuse and defamation of character.

Matthew 28:20, JWs stand on this topic is the same with Jesus Christ.

Those who take sides with Jesus Christ can NOT be slowpoke.

grin grin grin grin
Re: Is It Ok For A Christain To Celebrate His Or Her Birthday? by Janosky: 12:35am On Apr 25, 2021
blueAgent:

Clown you are still to prove to me ,how me gathering my friends and family together to say thank God for been alive to see one more year added to my life means I am honouring a god?

Are you that Dumb?

Did he command Weaning?

God himself insistuted the Sabbath as a day set aside to mark the creation of the Earth.
Which is the birthday of the World.

So observing that day weekly is paganism?
You need serious help.
Matthew 14:6 & Acts 12:21-22 proven beyond doubt, pagan king Herod the birthday celebrant is a god worshipped in his domain.
His birthday is the birthday of a god.
Jesus Christ knew that fact & shunned birthdays.
Bros, continue DECEIVING yourself.

Your Bible speaks about weaning in glowing terms ,Psalm 131:2

"Surely I have composed and quieted my soul;
Like a weaned child rests against his mother,
My soul is like a weaned child within me"

I challenge you to show this forum where your Bible speaks about birthdays celebrations in glowing terms. grin

blueAgent says "Sabbath is the birthday of the world"
What a Satanic doctrine !
grin grin grin
Re: Is It Ok For A Christain To Celebrate His Or Her Birthday? by Janosky: 12:49am On Apr 25, 2021
blueAgent:

Just like celeberating Weaning?
Psalms 131:2 , eulogize weaning.

Does your Bible eulogize annual birthdays celebrations?

Bros, does your brain function?
grin grin grin grin
Re: Is It Ok For A Christain To Celebrate His Or Her Birthday? by Janosky: 12:55am On Apr 25, 2021
blueAgent:

[s]False church known for false teaching and failed prophecies claiming relevance.
[/s]
Till you show me where the Bible called birthday celebration as sin than I can accept it.
For A sin as grievous as Idolatry which you claim birthday celebration is, God will not leave us to speculate it would have been well spelled out.

Paul inspired by God has already spoken on one observing a day as been special not in terms of been a god or celebrating a god but a day to appreciate God's faithfulness.

Continue DECEIVING yourself.
Re: Is It Ok For A Christain To Celebrate His Or Her Birthday? by Janosky: 12:58am On Apr 25, 2021
achorladey:
1. The Hebrew phrase for "birthday" is יום הולדת yom huledet.

2. While it's certainly a familiar phrase

3. It's actually kind of a strange construct.

4.Huledet is the hufal (passive and causative) form.

5. Why not use the simpler יום הלידה yom haleida - "day of birth"?

Why not day of birth aka his day aka Job 1:4 and Job 3:1

Na to cite references with zero application in usage. Mr educated literate and mumu detector aka Janosky come and see the wisdom of the world that is foolishness.
Psalm 37:13
"And LORD JEHOVAH will laugh at him because he knows that his day is coming"

Job 18:20
Those who come after shall be astonished at his day, as those who went before were frightened.

Job 18:20, Shey they are astonished at his birthday?
Psalms 37:13, Shey Jehovah knows that man's birthday is coming?
Achorladey deception exposed grin grin

Complete Jewish Bible
1 :4-5

4 It was the custom of his sons to give banquets, each on his set day in his own house; and they would invite their three sisters to eat and drink with them. 5 After a cycle of banquets, Iyov would send for them to come and be consecrated; then he would get up early in the morning and offer burnt offerings for each of them, because Iyov said, “My sons might have sinned and blasphemed God in their thoughts.” This is what Iyov did every time"

@ Job 1:4, Your FALSE claim is what it is.
The Jews don't believe in it.
Verse 5 debunks it.
Where you see "birth" in Job 1:4?
@ Job 1:4, Which Hebrew Lexicon you see "Haleida"?

Based on Job 3:1 alone, the expression "his day", doesn't justify your FALSE claim.
It is Job 3:2-3, that gives credence to verse 1.

If your claim were true, why Job no follow do birthday ?

Why Job no pray long life & prosperity for them on their birthdays?
Why Job dey do sacrifice to beg God to forgive his children?
Na sacrifice for forgiveness na parents dey do for their children birthday ?

Bros,Continue DECEIVING yourself.

grin grin
Re: Is It Ok For A Christain To Celebrate His Or Her Birthday? by blueAgent(m): 7:14am On Apr 25, 2021
Janosky:

Continue DECEIVING yourself.

Why not refute the fact that your Chirch is a false one.
Teaching unbiblical teachings.

Here is how Birthdays are celebrated.

https://am.adventistmission.org/mqc19q2-5929

Even God wants us to mark the day (birthday) he created the Earth.
Just like Jesus said by resting,praising God and doing good to others on the Sabbath.

https://www.adventistreview.org/2007-1519-22
Re: Is It Ok For A Christain To Celebrate His Or Her Birthday? by blueAgent(m): 7:27am On Apr 25, 2021
Janosky:

Psalms 131:2 , eulogize weaning.

Does your Bible eulogize annual birthdays celebrations?

grin grin grin grin

This is the dumbest example I have ever seen.
There are countless bible verses that reveal great servants of God praising God Including David.

Psalms 22:9 But thou art he that took me out of the womb: thou didst make me hope when I was upon my mother's breasts. Psalms 71:6 By thee have I been holden up from the womb: thou art he that took me out of my mother's bowels: my praise shall be continually of thee. Psalms 127:3 Lo, children are an heritage of the LORD: and the fruit of the womb is his reward. Galatians 1:15 But when it pleased God, who separated me from my mother's womb, and called me by his grace,
Re: Is It Ok For A Christain To Celebrate His Or Her Birthday? by Janosky: 9:33am On Apr 25, 2021
blueAgent:

This is the dumbest example I have ever seen.
There are countless bible verses that reveal great servants of God praising God Including David.

Psalms 22:9 But thou art he that took me out of the womb: thou didst make me hope when I was upon my mother's breasts. Psalms 71:6 By thee have I been holden up from the womb: thou art he that took me out of my mother's bowels: my praise shall be continually of thee. Psalms 127:3 Lo, children are an heritage of the LORD: and the fruit of the womb is his reward. Galatians 1:15 But when it pleased God, who separated me from my mother's womb, and called me by his grace,
Paul and David praising God doing birthday celebrations?

Bros, for your mind you think say you well?
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Is It Ok For A Christain To Celebrate His Or Her Birthday? by Janosky: 9:34am On Apr 25, 2021
blueAgent:

Why not refute the fact that your Chirch is a false one.
Teaching unbiblical teachings.

Here is how Birthdays are celebrated.

https://am.adventistmission.org/mqc19q2-5929

Even God wants us to mark the day (birthday) he created the Earth.
Just like Jesus said by resting,praising God and doing good to others on the Sabbath.

https://www.adventistreview.org/2007-1519-22

GIBBERISH as usual.
Pls continue
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Is It Ok For A Christain To Celebrate His Or Her Birthday? by achorladey: 10:13am On Apr 25, 2021
Janosky:

Those who come after shall be astonished at his day, as those who went before were frightened.

Job 18:20, Shey they are astonished at his birthday?
Psalms 37:13, Shey Jehovah knows that man's birthday is coming?
Achorladey deception exposed grin grin

Complete Jewish Bible
1 :4-5

4 It was the custom of his sons to give banquets, each on his set day in his own house; and they would invite their three sisters to eat and drink with them. 5 After a cycle of banquets, Iyov would send for them to come and be consecrated; then he would get up early in the morning and offer burnt offerings for each of them, because Iyov said, “My sons might have sinned and blasphemed God in their thoughts.” This is what Iyov did every time"

@ Job 1:4, Your FALSE claim is what it is.
The Jews don't believe in it.
Verse 5 debunks it.
Where you see "birth" in Job 1:4?
@ Job 1:4, Which Hebrew Lexicon you see "Haleida"?

Based on Job 3:1 alone, the expression "his day", doesn't justify your FALSE claim.
It is Job 3:2-3, that gives credence to verse 1.

If your claim were true, why Job no follow do birthday ?

Why Job no pray long life & prosperity for them on their birthdays?
Why Job dey do sacrifice to beg God to forgive his children?
Na sacrifice for forgiveness na parents dey do for their children birthday ?

Bros,Continue DECEIVING yourself.

grin grin

This is why you will keep jumping from one scripture to another to look for what is right before you.

New International Version
but the Lord laughs at the wicked, for he knows their day is coming.

New Living Translation
But the Lord just laughs, for he sees their day of judgment coming.

English Standard Version
but the Lord laughs at the wicked, for he sees that his day is coming.

Berean Study Bible
but the Lord laughs, seeing that their day is coming.

King James Bible
The Lord shall laugh at him: for he seeth that his day is coming.

New King James Version
The Lord laughs at him, For He sees that his day is coming.

New American Standard Bible
The Lord laughs at him, For He sees that his day is coming.

NASB 1995
The Lord laughs at him, For He sees his day is coming.

NASB 1977
The Lord laughs at him; For He sees his day is coming.

Amplified Bible
The Lord laughs at him [the wicked one—the one who oppresses the righteous], For He sees that his day [of defeat] is coming.

New International Version
People of the west are appalled at his fate; those of the east are seized with horror.

New Living Translation
People in the west are appalled at their fate; people in the east are horrified.

English Standard Version
They of the west are appalled at his day, and horror seizes them of the east.

Berean Study Bible
Those in the west are appalled at his fate, while those in the east tremble in horror.

King James Bible
They that come after him shall be astonied at his day, as they that went before were affrighted.

New King James Version
Those in the west are astonished at his day, As those in the east are frightened.

New American Standard Bible
“Those in the west are appalled at his fate, And those in the east are seized with horror.

NASB 1995
"Those in the west are appalled at his fate, And those in the east are seized with horror.

NASB 1977
“Those in the west are appalled at his fate, And those in the east are seized with horror.

Amplified Bible
“Those in the west are astonished and appalled at his fate, And those in the east are seized with horror.

The answer to the question below asked by you is seen in the numerous translation that follows. Educated literate put into good use your non mumu sense to see how the answer is embedded in those numerous translation grin

Job 18:20, Shey they are astonished at his birthday? Psalms 37:13, Shey Jehovah knows that man's birthday is coming?

Based on Job 3:1 alone, the expression "his day", doesn't justify your FALSE claim. It is Job 3:2-3, that gives credence to verse 1

And my first post concerning this topic on this thread was based on Job 3:1 alone? grin grin. The post is very much available go back and see it again and again grin and he added if your claims were true in order to support your assumptions and speculations questions that follows as if I was citing and quoting claim scriptures from the start grin cheesy

Awon educated literate la n pe yin!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It Ok For A Christain To Celebrate His Or Her Birthday? by blueAgent(m): 4:11am On Apr 26, 2021
Janosky:

Paul and David praising God doing birthday celebrations?

Bros, for your mind you think say you well?
grin grin grin grin grin

Praising God for their birth.
Re: Is It Ok For A Christain To Celebrate His Or Her Birthday? by blueAgent(m): 4:15am On Apr 26, 2021
Janosky:

Matthew 14:6 & Acts 12:21-22 proven beyond doubt, pagan king Herod the birthday celebrant is a god worshipped in his domain.
His birthday is the birthday of a god.
Jesus Christ knew that fact & shunned birthdays.
Bros, continue DECEIVING yourself.

Your Bible speaks about weaning in glowing terms ,Psalm 131:2

"Surely I have composed and quieted my soul;
Like a weaned child rests against his mother,
My soul is like a weaned child within me"

I challenge you to show this forum where your Bible speaks about birthdays celebrations in glowing terms. grin

blueAgent says "Sabbath is the birthday of the world"
What a Satanic doctrine !
grin grin grin

The sabbath is a memorial of God creating the World in 6days, if it is not the birthday of the Earth than what is it?

Exodus 20:11 For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.
Its obvious you folks are irredeemable.
Re: Is It Ok For A Christain To Celebrate His Or Her Birthday? by blueAgent(m): 4:17am On Apr 26, 2021
Janosky:

Sifia pained blueAgent. grin grin
When blueAgent can't deal with the truth he resorts to verbal abuse and defamation of character.

Matthew 28:20, JWs stand on this topic is the same with Jesus Christ.

Those who take sides with Jesus Christ can NOT be slowpoke.

grin grin grin grin

Is not by your confession nor what you claim, Jesus said by their footsteps you shall know.

Your footsteps and that of your Church do not match or fellow that of Christ.

Keep fooling yourself.
Re: Is It Ok For A Christain To Celebrate His Or Her Birthday? by blueAgent(m): 4:19am On Apr 26, 2021
Janosky:

All this long story because Matthew 28:20 is too hard for you to trust and obey.

According to your Mumu claim, Jesus Christ is teaching you lies and deception @ Matthew 28:20.
Imperfect mumu wey wise pass Jesus Christ.
grin grin grin

Is like matthew 28:20 is the only verse in the entire bible your little brain can accommodate.

The irony is that your Church are teaching people lies.

Did Jesus attend a Weaning feast?

1 Like

Re: Is It Ok For A Christain To Celebrate His Or Her Birthday? by Emusan(m): 8:50am On Apr 30, 2021
KNOWMORE56:

It was Pharoh of Egypt that created the day. Lol
Don't mind them!
Re: Is It Ok For A Christain To Celebrate His Or Her Birthday? by Emusan(m): 8:51am On Apr 30, 2021
achorladey:

Simple answer

Matthew 28:20 was sent to the earth in year 2000. They were not alive to see the instructions to keep all the things he had commanded including not celebrating birthdays.

Well what do I know? Jano is the educated literate here. He should know better.

You really got it!

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (Reply)

How Old Was Mary When She Had Jesus? / Why Outward Appearance Is So Important For Christians / Crossover 2016 Prayer Point And Scriptures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 133
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.