Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,579 members, 7,955,134 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 05:43 PM

Felt Bad My Students Said I Am Into Yahoo, Teaching Can't Afford My Lifestyle - Education (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Felt Bad My Students Said I Am Into Yahoo, Teaching Can't Afford My Lifestyle (69516 Views)

See The Garri Cake My Students Presented To Me This Morning / The Human Skeleton My Students Drew / "My Students Don't Have Dirty Pervert Minds" - Viral Curvy Teacher Fumes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Felt Bad My Students Said I Am Into Yahoo, Teaching Can't Afford My Lifestyle by FunnyDude(m): 9:17pm On Mar 31, 2021
Emmahunk:
My dear, I don't blame them one bit. So many (mistakes) in your post formed my opinion that you may not really be a teacher.
Forgive me if I am wrong.

AND does he need your opinion
Re: Felt Bad My Students Said I Am Into Yahoo, Teaching Can't Afford My Lifestyle by ayandee: 9:37pm On Mar 31, 2021
SmartPolician:
I work from home and don't go to a regular office. I am sure most of my neighbors see me as a fraudster. Sincerely, I don't even care.

One up-and-coming Yahoo guy once walked up to me, telling me some bullshit about how he needs some help with receiving funds through Gift card. I told him that I didn't know what he was talking about and walked away.

This may sound crazy, but I somehow like the fact that coronavirus happened. Yes, it has created massive awareness that working from home is possible.

Many people work from home and have no business with cybercrime
True. The world of work has really changed. Now there are online gigs rendering significant profit without an office space, no signposts,, no tax payements. And they are legit, not fraudulent. They are in most cases rendering valuable services and earning Forex. I dont know how govt will tax them.
Re: Felt Bad My Students Said I Am Into Yahoo, Teaching Can't Afford My Lifestyle by Nobody: 9:40pm On Mar 31, 2021
Ronzy1990:
where do you stay?

Herbert Macauley way.
Re: Felt Bad My Students Said I Am Into Yahoo, Teaching Can't Afford My Lifestyle by Munzy14(m): 9:42pm On Mar 31, 2021
lalasticlala:

Same here. Neighbours would be wondering what is this guy's source of income? He stays home all day while his wife goes out. Could it be that the Wife is feeding him or is he a Yahoo Boy, his Gen is on most a times, you hardly see him come out. I have heard gossips about me being a Yahoo boy. Lol

Even the guy that fixes my generator told me he thought same too because my former neighbors told him I'm into Yahoo. He confessed that he has always thought it's true. LWKMH
Which Yahoo pass super mod for nairaland...steady cashing out...cheesy

Things are hard to extent, any young person doing ok is a suspect.

Sales rep of a company that supplies a product to me, ones told me he wants to learn work...I laughed at him...Because i don't really know how he came to think I am into the online stuffs...

Yesterday I went there, he was admiring my car alloyed rims...cheesy only God knows what is in that guy's
Mind...
Re: Felt Bad My Students Said I Am Into Yahoo, Teaching Can't Afford My Lifestyle by Ololadekiniun: 9:43pm On Mar 31, 2021
Everybody is commenting nah say una no be Yahoo boy
Who come be Yahoo boy o?
Slowmirr left the conversation shocked
Re: Felt Bad My Students Said I Am Into Yahoo, Teaching Can't Afford My Lifestyle by zicoraads: 9:44pm On Mar 31, 2021
pocohantas:
I have been suspecting Zicoraads too. Maybe that one is servicing women in Abj.

Don’t mind them OP. Nigerians are yet to realize an office is no more the traditional physical space. They’ll get the memo with time.
cheesy grin cheesy

...NL WhatsApp doesn't even do justice to my response to you right now.

Ada, catch head. grin

How far, hook me up with some Island mamas now... grin

1 Like

Re: Felt Bad My Students Said I Am Into Yahoo, Teaching Can't Afford My Lifestyle by Mrshape: 9:49pm On Mar 31, 2021
Ololadekiniun:
Everybody is commenting nah say una no be Yahoo boy
Who come be Yahoo boy o?
Slowmirr left the conversation shocked
Lol He left along with his boys.
Re: Felt Bad My Students Said I Am Into Yahoo, Teaching Can't Afford My Lifestyle by LagbajaTheBEREAN: 9:52pm On Mar 31, 2021
Make it your aim to live a quiet life, to mind your own business, and to earn your own living, just as we told you before. In this way you will win the respect of those who are not believers, and you will not have to depend on anyone for what you need.

Until some of us understand this passage very well, we will keep up with the baseless conclusion..

4 Likes

Re: Felt Bad My Students Said I Am Into Yahoo, Teaching Can't Afford My Lifestyle by Dollywood(m): 9:54pm On Mar 31, 2021
samwillyco1:

Any legit work/hustle please, a life of a graduate without job/money to start up a business is painful.
Please help me if you can

Let me help you if you're ready tho.

1 Like

Re: Felt Bad My Students Said I Am Into Yahoo, Teaching Can't Afford My Lifestyle by studentofTruth: 9:55pm On Mar 31, 2021
maasoap:
You see all of them dodging the bullet. They came out once in a day, we agree. The question is: if none of you are yahoo boys, then who are the yahoo boys?

If you want to answer your question by yourself, think about your life in school — secondary or university — whichever level you passed through. The grade you belonged to then will explain the image you have of yourself.

If you're among the distinction candidates who always believed in their knowledge and ability to solve problems with your knowledge, the idea of fraud will not cross your mind. The thought of it will be an insult to your mental capacity. I mean, you should find nothing more insulting than being labeled a fraudster because what it means is that you have nothing positive to contribute to the world.

On the other hand, if you're one of D,E,F,F candidates who needed some form of cheating (what they call expo) to pass your exams, cheating and fraud will seem like a normal way of life. You will believe, as you do now, that there's no way to make a good living without cheating, because your worldview is that of self-inadequacy and survival by cheating!

It's when I realized this that I started ignoring empty-headed adults By thinking and gossiping that I'm a fraudster (because I stay indoors and work online with digital gadgets), they're expressing what they will do if locked up inside (with digital gadgets and internet connection) and asked to make a living.

I only pity the young children whose innocent minds are being corrupted by the mentality that the internet is fraud. They're being denied the enormous possibilities available on the internet!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Felt Bad My Students Said I Am Into Yahoo, Teaching Can't Afford My Lifestyle by moneyissweet(m): 10:03pm On Mar 31, 2021
Niggar I am a money making machine, so carry your useless advice to other nairaland broke ass niggars.

Your $4000 a month can't even buy me my real niggars 2 bottles of French wine at Burj khalifa on weekends.

Probably you are one of those stupid idiots who thinks that anyone on nairaland is jobless.

If you know who I am,you go hide your broke ass face.

JIREN01:
A word of advice: if you're finding it difficult to get people to work with on Fiverr or Upwork, go to indeed and flexjobs; many corporations and individuals are recruiting writers, designers, programmers, and editors, among others worldwide.

Many editing organisations, such as charlesworth group, editage, scribendi, wordvice, Enago, crimson interactive, American Journal experts, and Accdon recruit worldwide; you might not get a full-time job, but there's a chance of being hired as a freelancer/ on contract. The recruitment process might vary across companies, but all that's required is to take their test and pass. Don't be deterred if you don't pass the test once; try and keep trying until you pass. USE THE INTERNET! A friend (after years of endless and tireless job hunting) learnt resume writing/cover letter online and makes 3500-4000 USD consistently, with little stress. Hazzantarzzan makes beat/vocals online and has his own house/car already. I used to be like you, and it would be painful for you to age into your 40's with this poverty mentality.
My five cents.
Re: Felt Bad My Students Said I Am Into Yahoo, Teaching Can't Afford My Lifestyle by studentofTruth: 10:04pm On Mar 31, 2021
pocohantas:
I have been suspecting Zicoraads too. Maybe that one is servicing women in Abj.

Don’t mind them OP. Nigerians are yet to realize an office is no more the traditional physical space. They’ll get the memo with time.

As far as certain services are concerned, offices are in the cloud. The office key is your password. You can access your office from anywhere. You can work from the beach if you want.
Re: Felt Bad My Students Said I Am Into Yahoo, Teaching Can't Afford My Lifestyle by styles2009: 10:07pm On Mar 31, 2021
Mrshape:

Explain the last statement please.
Do you mean I should go into programming.
If that's what you mean I have a programming camp for kids in Benin which I run during major holidays.
Please explain more on what I can do more with my talent as stated above.

Sorry you might find my response annoying, but you have Google to answer all the questions you need, I know exactly what you want to hear, the poster should tell you "exactly" what you should do and make money online, but it doesn't work that way.

Carefully ask big Google those questions and read forums. (use a Laptop, mobile view too dey deceive people)

My experience: I saw a need Nigerians in particular needed/wanted, created a website, monetized it and till date, I still earn from it, My website/domain is 10yrs old next month, and it's the best $9 investment I did buying that domain name.

Let me add this part, I don't program nor write any codes, but I simply solve issues people are looking for online and make money with it, at the moment I have 11 websites, 7 working fully, I do loose counts of domain names I register as my target is 100 in a couple of years cos with a country of ours with 160 million population, there's money to be made online.

Now, your job is to read, read, read online and trust me, you'll find the answers there.
Re: Felt Bad My Students Said I Am Into Yahoo, Teaching Can't Afford My Lifestyle by Tobbit: 10:16pm On Mar 31, 2021
FunnyDude:

Bro, you grab. Most people knowing your home would want to betray you someday. But it's good when you give them that space.

If you allow people know your house, they'll codedly give intelligence to the Efcc or police to come investigate you.

This I've seen.

I crashed from glorious heights to learn this. No. More betrayals.

1 Like

Re: Felt Bad My Students Said I Am Into Yahoo, Teaching Can't Afford My Lifestyle by Aparche(f): 10:18pm On Mar 31, 2021
I used to think that it's only developers & programmers that can work as freelancers. I never knew that there are thousands of skills that someone can offer from the comfort of your home; ranging from simple to complex, general to specialized.
Thank God for the lockdown that forced me to start looking for another source of income just in case salary payment becomes irregular. September last year someone told me about an academy that runs a digital marketing program & virtual assistant training program. I decided to do the VA training program. Invested some money on the course & after two months intensive training, I registered on some job sites. Got my first client on Guru & my second client on upwork. The job was to write personalized one line messages for the list of contacts they gave me. Although the pay wasn't all that great; I made $220 b/w Dec. 2020 to Feb 2021. But it helped me to realize that I can actually earn money working from home. So I decided to invest that money to acquire a specialized, high-paying skill. Currently, I'm on another intensive training to acquire copywriting skills. I'm looking forward to earning thousands of dollars per month as a direct response copywriter, so help me God. wink

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Felt Bad My Students Said I Am Into Yahoo, Teaching Can't Afford My Lifestyle by samwillyco1(m): 10:20pm On Mar 31, 2021
Dollywood:

Let me help you if you're ready tho.

Please Am ready
Re: Felt Bad My Students Said I Am Into Yahoo, Teaching Can't Afford My Lifestyle by samwillyco1(m): 10:26pm On Mar 31, 2021
Yankee101:

What's your skill?

I learnt welding work when I wanted to leave the country after my B.SC but something happened, am now trying to start up a business
Re: Felt Bad My Students Said I Am Into Yahoo, Teaching Can't Afford My Lifestyle by 5Gbabe: 10:34pm On Mar 31, 2021
omo me self I done tayooo if I just pass one go sing am I a Yahoo boy when I no say na day give me money like this
Re: Felt Bad My Students Said I Am Into Yahoo, Teaching Can't Afford My Lifestyle by Yankee101: 10:50pm On Mar 31, 2021
samwillyco1:

I learnt welding work when I wanted to leave the country after my B.SC but something happened, am now trying to start up a business

What is required to set up a welding business?

1 Like

Re: Felt Bad My Students Said I Am Into Yahoo, Teaching Can't Afford My Lifestyle by dgee1(m): 10:53pm On Mar 31, 2021
Please on what platform are you learning the copywriting skills?
Aparche:
I used to think that it's only developers & programmers that can work as freelancers. I never knew that there are thousands of skills that someone can offer from the comfort of your home; ranging from simple to complex, general to specialized.
Thank God for the lockdown that forced me to start looking for another source of income just in case salary payment becomes irregular. September last year someone told me about an academy that runs a digital marketing program & virtual assistant training program. I decided to do the VA training program. Invested some money on the course & after two months intensive training, I registered on some job sites. Got my first client on Guru & my second client on upwork. The job was to write personalized one line messages for the list of contacts they gave me. Although the pay wasn't all that great; I made $220 b/w Dec. 2020 to Feb 2021. But it helped me to realize that I can actually earn money working from home. So I decided to invest that money to acquire a specialized, high-paying skill. Currently, I'm on another intensive training to acquire copywriting skills. I'm looking forward to earning thousands of dollars per month as a direct response copywriter, so help me God. wink
Re: Felt Bad My Students Said I Am Into Yahoo, Teaching Can't Afford My Lifestyle by bluefilm: 11:01pm On Mar 31, 2021
Mrshape:
Felt bad today when my sss1 students jokingly accused me of being an internet fraudster using teaching and corporate dressing as cover up.
I have to sit them down and school them there are teachers doing very well and show them some evidence that all my money is from teaching.
I don't really blame them some of their elder once might have told them you can only make it big with yahoo.

Have you being falsely accused to be an internet fraudster (yahoo) ?
How did you handle it?

Lies from the pit of hell.

You want me to believe that you have the time to be explaining your so called wonderful source of income to toddlers who may not even understand what you're talking about?

You can tell it to the birds but I don't buy it
Re: Felt Bad My Students Said I Am Into Yahoo, Teaching Can't Afford My Lifestyle by ezewealth(m): 11:04pm On Mar 31, 2021
This remind me of my NYSC, for CDS I dey wear green jogger, big white T-shirts, army cap. Carry my cousin RX 330. Enter late, sign out and Go. Even my CDs codinator think say I be G guy. I come no dey talk any other for my CDS. If you see the kind respect dem dey me ehh. One guy way celebrate birthday DAT time for CDS, carry one Hennessey give me. Say me na big guy, I just carry the wine shake him hand comot. Fake life sweet true true, No wonder ppl dey live am

1 Like

Re: Felt Bad My Students Said I Am Into Yahoo, Teaching Can't Afford My Lifestyle by Holysax29(m): 11:08pm On Mar 31, 2021
Mrshape:
Felt bad today when my sss1 students jokingly accused me of being an internet fraudster using teaching and corporate dressing as cover up.
I have to sit them down and school them there are teachers doing very well and show them some evidence that all my money is from teaching.
I don't really blame them some of their elder once might have told them you can only make it big with yahoo.

Have you being falsely accused to be an internet fraudster (yahoo) ?
How did you handle it?

I could remember someone calling me a Yahoo Corp member during service year.
Re: Felt Bad My Students Said I Am Into Yahoo, Teaching Can't Afford My Lifestyle by Nobody: 11:29pm On Mar 31, 2021
Yankee101:

What's your skill?
Can you help me too?
Re: Felt Bad My Students Said I Am Into Yahoo, Teaching Can't Afford My Lifestyle by emmanuelpopson(m): 11:42pm On Mar 31, 2021
Yankee101:

Hmm How? Exactly which kind ep u need?
I'll like to DM you too..
Re: Felt Bad My Students Said I Am Into Yahoo, Teaching Can't Afford My Lifestyle by Nobody: 11:47pm On Mar 31, 2021
DigiBandito:
Most freelancers can relate. Especially the hard core ones that only go out like once in a month. Nigerians will tag you a yahoo boy.
I can relate 100% cheesy

1 Like

Re: Felt Bad My Students Said I Am Into Yahoo, Teaching Can't Afford My Lifestyle by JIREN01: 12:05am On Apr 01, 2021
moneyissweet:
Niggar I am a money making machine, so carry your useless advice to other nairaland broke ass niggars.

Your $4000 a month can't even buy me my real niggars 2 bottles of French wine at Burj khalifa on weekends.

Probably you are one of those stupid idiots who thinks that anyone on nairaland is jobless.

If you know who I am,you go hide your broke ass face.

grin grin To start with, I might not be where I want (as humans keep wanting more regardless), but I'm definitely not broke and I'm doing very well. By the way, you're not anything and I doubt you'll amount to anything tangible. You're just a shameless scammer who live off people's sweat with no iota of dignity. That's the problem with you guys; no vision, no mission, nor tangible objective or goal. All you do is lavish proceeds of fraud on sluts, hotels, drinks, Instagram, and end up dying miserably. It's only a matter of time you get caught and spend the rest of your life behind bars. Imagine taking pride living off people's life savings, mortgage plan, and medical bills; you've lost every bit of human conscience and will surely reap the fruits of your evil labor. Cheap wicked ignorable arrogant criminal-minded lowlife.

3 Likes

Re: Felt Bad My Students Said I Am Into Yahoo, Teaching Can't Afford My Lifestyle by Cutezt(m): 12:09am On Apr 01, 2021
DigiBandito:
Most freelancers can relate. Especially the hard core ones that only go out like once in a month. Nigerians will tag you a yahoo boy.

Very true, Na steady yahoo boy dem dey call me for area now, I Don dey plan move away from the area because of that. If only they knew the labor put into all those hours spent indoors.

1 Like

Re: Felt Bad My Students Said I Am Into Yahoo, Teaching Can't Afford My Lifestyle by fujirice: 12:34am On Apr 01, 2021
Y’all in the front page should just change your neighborhood. Ahn ahn!!!
There’s nothing I hate more than people that don’t mind their business.
Re: Felt Bad My Students Said I Am Into Yahoo, Teaching Can't Afford My Lifestyle by FalseProphet1(m): 12:38am On Apr 01, 2021
SmellySperm:

he said u should teach him work...

u for carry the boy go teach am how to dig soak away na cheesy
You won't make heaven... this I have seen.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Olumuyiwa Oludayo: Sex Scandal Covenant University Lecturer Chat Leak By Student / Nigerian Defence Academy (nda) Form Is Out ! / UNIUYO Student Buries Mum On Friday, Killed By Roommate On Saturday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.