Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,748 members, 7,809,864 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:14 PM

Felt Bad My Students Said I Am Into Yahoo, Teaching Can't Afford My Lifestyle - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Felt Bad My Students Said I Am Into Yahoo, Teaching Can't Afford My Lifestyle (68849 Views)

See The Garri Cake My Students Presented To Me This Morning / The Human Skeleton My Students Drew / "My Students Don't Have Dirty Pervert Minds" - Viral Curvy Teacher Fumes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Felt Bad My Students Said I Am Into Yahoo, Teaching Can't Afford My Lifestyle by Sheuns(m): 5:19pm On Mar 31, 2021
Reminds me of the guy that fills our gas cylinder. The guy once told me, I no Dey see you outside, always indoors. Even some area boys for street feel say I be GEE unto say I use iPhones. Naija mentality nna. I just Dey wonder Wetin dem go think when I buy mad ride.

1 Like

Re: Felt Bad My Students Said I Am Into Yahoo, Teaching Can't Afford My Lifestyle by Kelvin30286063(m): 5:19pm On Mar 31, 2021
This actually depends on where you teach and the kind of qualification you have. Dude, if you live in Ondo state, drive a good car and tell me you're a teacher, I'll accuse you of teaching-plus

18 Likes

Re: Felt Bad My Students Said I Am Into Yahoo, Teaching Can't Afford My Lifestyle by Duplexxx: 5:20pm On Mar 31, 2021
Yes o na wetin every body dey do na
Re: Felt Bad My Students Said I Am Into Yahoo, Teaching Can't Afford My Lifestyle by Sunnycliff(m): 5:20pm On Mar 31, 2021
Tobbit:

I run a 25 people cloud-based Work infrastructure and run an industrial scale farm on the side cool

Are you a cloud engineer, cos i can relate on this wella! Its my new career path in addition to my forex trading

2 Likes

Re: Felt Bad My Students Said I Am Into Yahoo, Teaching Can't Afford My Lifestyle by Yampotatocarrot(m): 5:21pm On Mar 31, 2021
Mrshape:
Felt bad today when my sss1 students jokingly accused me of being an internet fraudster using teaching and corporate dressing as cover up.
I have to sit them down and school them there are teachers doing very well and show them some evidence that all my money is from teaching.
I don't really blame them some of their elder once might have told them you can only make it big with yahoo.

Have you being falsely accused to be an internet fraudster (yahoo) ?
How did you handle it?

Na student do you your own. My guy, it's more painful when it's coming from family members, them no go tell you to your face o, na from another person you go hear am...

How I handled it? I no get strength to explain cryptocurrency to anybody o, I just kept pushing.. opinion be like asshole, everybody has his/her own

Similar to when cult guys waylay you thinking you're a "gentleman" of another cult cos you live a cool, coded life

10 Likes

Re: Felt Bad My Students Said I Am Into Yahoo, Teaching Can't Afford My Lifestyle by neeyor88: 5:22pm On Mar 31, 2021
My neighbor's younger sister came visiting him, seeing as young as I am and doing well, the lady concluded I'm into yahoo yahoo without confirming what I'm into. (Real Estate Agency) I smiled when they told me later about her assertion towards me.

2 Likes

Re: Felt Bad My Students Said I Am Into Yahoo, Teaching Can't Afford My Lifestyle by Slymonster(m): 5:26pm On Mar 31, 2021
Lol your own self is good. A foolish boy met me in church, introduce himself and said he just started this church, bla bla bla. We exchanged number, one funny day he called me and asked me if I know how to do something on iPhone. I was confused because I never introduced myself as a phone technician and I have always been a Samsung dude.
Again,he tried different way to communicate more with me but I just cut him off because his personality, hair style isn't my way. Even if I dey do yahoo, that kind person go cast me.

One night that was how I got a message asking how I am and at the ending he wrote "God bless my 10 finger".
I quickly put him in his place and blocked him. I never saw that dude again in church, I am sure the shame of my reply and blocking affect am.

So Op when you look good,fresh, young and drive a good car. That is the first thing most people assume.
I no even day send them again....

11 Likes

Re: Felt Bad My Students Said I Am Into Yahoo, Teaching Can't Afford My Lifestyle by Slynation(m): 5:28pm On Mar 31, 2021
I've come to accept this as a norm from people tagging me one thing or the other...!!
But hardly did they know Crypto has changed lot's of lives

8 Likes

Re: Felt Bad My Students Said I Am Into Yahoo, Teaching Can't Afford My Lifestyle by SmartPolician: 5:29pm On Mar 31, 2021
CaptainPrice1:
It was during my NYSC, a guy came to us after cds that he wants to join our yahoo gang. We told him bros we re not yahoo abeg o.

Guess why? Cuz we normally dress well despite that it's the same khaki given to us we all wear to CDS. Bad youth spoiling the good ones are to be blamed. The percentage of Yahoo boys among the youth are not upto 30% . It's because the Yahoo guys are noisy that's we think all the youth are into it.

That's not true.
There are many silent ones.
The lousy ones are mostly upcoming fraudsters.
Re: Felt Bad My Students Said I Am Into Yahoo, Teaching Can't Afford My Lifestyle by Igbankpa(m): 5:29pm On Mar 31, 2021
when I go get money reach for people to start get this kind misconception about me..... GOD when?

9 Likes

Re: Felt Bad My Students Said I Am Into Yahoo, Teaching Can't Afford My Lifestyle by ADAMUdaCOWBOY: 5:30pm On Mar 31, 2021
Sirmuel1:
It happens to me every time. I was in Church 2 weeks ago, when a strange Guy walked up to me after the close of service. He asked me to teach him work cheesy He went further to say that he already has Facebook and some Emails.....

I just smiled and left him grin
Oga teach am work na. You wan chop alone?
Re: Felt Bad My Students Said I Am Into Yahoo, Teaching Can't Afford My Lifestyle by MrKIDO(m): 5:36pm On Mar 31, 2021
Oti Po Repete.. Iro Po!

lalasticlala:

Same here. Neighbours would be wondering what is this guy's source of income? He stays home all day while his wife goes out. Could it be that the Wife is feeding him or is he a Yahoo Boy, his Gen is on most a times, you hardly see him come out. I have heard gossips about me being a Yahoo boy. Lol

Even the guy that fixes my generator told me he thought same too because my former neighbors told him I'm into Yahoo. He confessed that he has always thought it's true. LWKMH

Re: Felt Bad My Students Said I Am Into Yahoo, Teaching Can't Afford My Lifestyle by adabsmith(m): 5:36pm On Mar 31, 2021
I can relate to this, it's really very hard doing well in your 20s-30s in Nigeria.

I don't know why people tends to associate wealth with age, like they legit feel like you don't deserve some level of comfort at a particular age

10 Likes

Re: Felt Bad My Students Said I Am Into Yahoo, Teaching Can't Afford My Lifestyle by Tobbit: 5:37pm On Mar 31, 2021
DaInferno:
I understand the latter to a certain extent...but I don't understand the first part. what does it really entail, Is it doable as a student or it requires a professional certificate. throw more light

I'm a complex geek o. Abeg I no get power to shalaye

4 Likes

Re: Felt Bad My Students Said I Am Into Yahoo, Teaching Can't Afford My Lifestyle by Latidoh1: 5:39pm On Mar 31, 2021
AsherAmari:
This man again.

Ok. Chop alone.

Connect me to some of your schools that may be in need of a Diction and phonics instructor.
Message me on WhatsApp with the subject "Diction and Phonics"

2 Likes

Re: Felt Bad My Students Said I Am Into Yahoo, Teaching Can't Afford My Lifestyle by drLammy(m): 5:39pm On Mar 31, 2021
You get time to dey explain sha
Right from my uni days everybody thinks I be internet fraudster cuz I'm never to be caught unfresh
But who cares
Re: Felt Bad My Students Said I Am Into Yahoo, Teaching Can't Afford My Lifestyle by Indispensable85(m): 5:39pm On Mar 31, 2021
DigiBandito:
Most freelancers can relate. Especially the hard core ones that only go out like once in a month. Nigerians will tag you a yahoo boy.

Very true! Everyone thinks I'm a yahoo boy in my area. It's a pity that in 21st century people still think you must run out of the house every day to earn a living. You dare not dress well or smell nice...... Lol.... Dem go call u yahoo boy.

5 Likes

Re: Felt Bad My Students Said I Am Into Yahoo, Teaching Can't Afford My Lifestyle by Faithful1234(m): 5:41pm On Mar 31, 2021
I stop a bike man yesterday bcz of my dressing the bike man see me to be a Yahoo boi and decided to charge me high.

6 Likes

Re: Felt Bad My Students Said I Am Into Yahoo, Teaching Can't Afford My Lifestyle by lebete3000: 5:42pm On Mar 31, 2021
DigiBandito:
Most freelancers can relate. Especially the hard core ones that only go out like once in a month. Nigerians will tag you a yahoo boy.

Wetin una go dey do locked up indoors?
Re: Felt Bad My Students Said I Am Into Yahoo, Teaching Can't Afford My Lifestyle by Nobody: 5:42pm On Mar 31, 2021
Eastcoastboy:

Forgive bro. May we all prosper. See you at the top.
Amen, you too.
Re: Felt Bad My Students Said I Am Into Yahoo, Teaching Can't Afford My Lifestyle by lebete3000: 5:43pm On Mar 31, 2021
Faithful1234:
I stop a bike man yesterday bcz of my dressing the bike man see me to be a Yahoo boi and decided to charge me high.

I hope sey no be Ado Ekiti? That place na den of yahoo boys, especially that area after Ajebandele.

1 Like

Re: Felt Bad My Students Said I Am Into Yahoo, Teaching Can't Afford My Lifestyle by KnowledgeVault: 5:44pm On Mar 31, 2021
embarassed. Had a similar experience.

Re: Felt Bad My Students Said I Am Into Yahoo, Teaching Can't Afford My Lifestyle by lichocho(m): 5:45pm On Mar 31, 2021
dannyrhymes600:
watin you done see, In area just dress neat and have a steady bike man, everyone will say you are a Yahoo boy
sooooooo true I swear...na dat eye dem take de look me o..but me no send..still de search for new job..

1 Like

Re: Felt Bad My Students Said I Am Into Yahoo, Teaching Can't Afford My Lifestyle by LordVarys1: 5:45pm On Mar 31, 2021
This is no longer a joking matter, I am accused as well. Once you are perceived to be doing pretty well, everyone will link it to yahoo.

I dont blame them because it is almost imossible to be seen to be doing well in this country grin

5 Likes

Re: Felt Bad My Students Said I Am Into Yahoo, Teaching Can't Afford My Lifestyle by Indispensable85(m): 5:45pm On Mar 31, 2021
lalasticlala:

Same here. Neighbours would be wondering what is this guy's source of income? He stays home all day while his wife goes out. Could it be that the Wife is feeding him or is he a Yahoo Boy, his Gen is on most a times, you hardly see him come out. I have heard gossips about me being a Yahoo boy. Lol

Even the guy that fixes my generator told me he thought same too because my former neighbors told him I'm into Yahoo. He confessed that he has always thought it's true. LWKMH

Lol..... The exact situation I found myself in Abuja. Nigerians are very funny people aswear. They even broke into my apartment when me and my wife travelled and carted away some valuables including my 55inch smart tv. I had to relocate thereafter.

8 Likes

Re: Felt Bad My Students Said I Am Into Yahoo, Teaching Can't Afford My Lifestyle by rahztafari(m): 5:46pm On Mar 31, 2021
That's why I had to quit teaching since I was a part-time freelancer then. I was making more money than the principal. Non of the teachers knew what freelancing is and neither do the kids. All of them just conclude that a yahoo boy and I had to leave. It was becoming something else sef. I love teaching tho

My puzzle is this: are teachers meant to look poor?

10 Likes

Re: Felt Bad My Students Said I Am Into Yahoo, Teaching Can't Afford My Lifestyle by Nobody: 5:47pm On Mar 31, 2021
Latidoh1:

Message me on WhatsApp with the subject "Diction and Phonics"

Ok.
No WhatsApp contact Sir.
Re: Felt Bad My Students Said I Am Into Yahoo, Teaching Can't Afford My Lifestyle by maishai01: 5:48pm On Mar 31, 2021
Na wa.

This one everyone is forming good boy here.

I don't think people can be that daft to tag u a geeboy simply because you look good.

Usually there are other signs that give u away.

For instance you know someone who's father is not Dangote or Otedola, yet drives a 2022 lexus Jeep and tell me it's 'online work' or 'freelancing' or some s**t like that.

Abeg make i hear word!!

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Felt Bad My Students Said I Am Into Yahoo, Teaching Can't Afford My Lifestyle by moneyissweet(m): 5:48pm On Mar 31, 2021
So if u no be game boy,wetin be your work and why u dey always stay indoor?

lalasticlala:

Re: Felt Bad My Students Said I Am Into Yahoo, Teaching Can't Afford My Lifestyle by rahztafari(m): 5:51pm On Mar 31, 2021
lalasticlala:

I seriously hate this feeling. This yahoo stigma sef. My landlord don tell everyone sey I dey do yahoo. Those hungry boys will check my system while I am writing to see what they will learn. I have explained taya.

I enter hotel yesterday night to work because of power supply. The barman was all over me. The distraction was something else. This yahoo stigma sha

12 Likes

Re: Felt Bad My Students Said I Am Into Yahoo, Teaching Can't Afford My Lifestyle by FunnyDude(m): 5:52pm On Mar 31, 2021
Mine was a new neighbor and elderly man in my estate walked straight to me that I should guide them to work. I'm just laughing out loud.

Only if he knows I'm a marketing copywriter

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Apply For Total E&P Undergraduate Scholarship 2015 For Nigerian Students / How Can One Get Original NECO Certificate / 7 Nigerian Universities With The Most Beautiful Buildings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.