Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,825 members, 7,820,903 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:36 AM

I Lost A Colleague To An Explosion At Work In Kogi (Graphic Photos) - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / I Lost A Colleague To An Explosion At Work In Kogi (Graphic Photos) (41846 Views)

How Do You Cope When A Colleague Or Senior Is Not Up To Their Job / How Do I Deal With Sexual Harassment From A Colleague? / A Colleague Nearly Got Himself Sacked (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Lost A Colleague To An Explosion At Work In Kogi (Graphic Photos) by MrImole: 10:32am On Mar 31, 2021
Sorry
Re: I Lost A Colleague To An Explosion At Work In Kogi (Graphic Photos) by gambia(m): 10:32am On Mar 31, 2021
We live, we die and we live again.

1 Like

Re: I Lost A Colleague To An Explosion At Work In Kogi (Graphic Photos) by TheGreatIYANU: 10:33am On Mar 31, 2021
OP you are desecrating the memory of the dead by posting these dishonourable pictures about him! What is wrong with you guys in Naija like this??!!!

7 Likes

Re: I Lost A Colleague To An Explosion At Work In Kogi (Graphic Photos) by Omotundeisbae(f): 10:34am On Mar 31, 2021
God save us from this country ooo ���
Re: I Lost A Colleague To An Explosion At Work In Kogi (Graphic Photos) by SarkinYarki: 10:35am On Mar 31, 2021
A million litre tank having just 150 thousand litres of ethanol in hot NIGERIA is a rigged bomb yet you are are saying you don't know what caused the fire ?...the owner of that Tank farm should be arrested for such gross negligence

4 Likes

Re: I Lost A Colleague To An Explosion At Work In Kogi (Graphic Photos) by Ameboperoo(m): 10:35am On Mar 31, 2021
That looks like Dangote cement factory, Obajana to me.
I might be wrong though.
Re: I Lost A Colleague To An Explosion At Work In Kogi (Graphic Photos) by ugodson(m): 10:35am On Mar 31, 2021
My condolences op. But seriously you have mind to take that picture. For me those kind of images don't leave my head even in years to come.
My condolences again op

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: I Lost A Colleague To An Explosion At Work In Kogi (Graphic Photos) by chincent: 10:35am On Mar 31, 2021
I hope is not what I am thinking? Taken mobil phone to such location is high risk. RIP.

1 Like

Re: I Lost A Colleague To An Explosion At Work In Kogi (Graphic Photos) by SarkinYarki: 10:36am On Mar 31, 2021
TheGreatIYANU:
OP you are desecrating the memory of the dead by posting these dishonourable pictures about him! What is wrong with you guys in Naija like this??!!!

How did he desecrate his memory..he is bringing his plight to public notice so his family can get justice

2 Likes

Re: I Lost A Colleague To An Explosion At Work In Kogi (Graphic Photos) by BruncleZuma: 10:37am On Mar 31, 2021
ProphetofOdin:
I might be wrong but i think it is insensitive to post this guys' picture here without the consent of his family. If i were his relative i will sue your sorry arse.
I won't stop highlighting this fact, posting photos of the deceased is callous and heartless.
Re: I Lost A Colleague To An Explosion At Work In Kogi (Graphic Photos) by SarkinYarki: 10:38am On Mar 31, 2021
Mumben:
What a horrible way to die. May God grant his family the fortitude to bear this loss and also grant him eternal rest Amen.
Management should look into the cause of the explosion to avoid repetition

The cause is very plain and simple ...they store 150 thousand litre of highly combustible ethanol in a 1 million litre tank ..That's a huge bomb waiting to explode ...
Re: I Lost A Colleague To An Explosion At Work In Kogi (Graphic Photos) by SarkinYarki: 10:40am On Mar 31, 2021
chincent:
I hope is not what I am thinking? Taken mobil phone to such location is high risk. RIP.

A mobil phone or small spark probably set it off but the main problem was storing just 150 thousand litres of ethanol inside a one million litre tank that was locally fabricated
Re: I Lost A Colleague To An Explosion At Work In Kogi (Graphic Photos) by deadie(m): 10:41am On Mar 31, 2021
And the best you can do is to take pictures to share? Eediot.

Rogosa:
There was a tank explosion at factory tank farm in Kogi state on Monday. Jackson only went up for a routine check and dipping but was caught up in the explosion. The tank was a million liter tanks having about 150,000 liters ethanol before the explosion. Causes of the explosion still remain unknown.

Quite painful that you are gone Jackon AKA Ability. May your gentle soul rest in peace.
Re: I Lost A Colleague To An Explosion At Work In Kogi (Graphic Photos) by FROGMAN101(m): 10:41am On Mar 31, 2021
ProphetofOdin:
I might be wrong but i think it is insensitive to post this guys' picture here without the consent of his family. If i were his relative i will sue your sorry arse.

Nigeria is a proper shit hole sandwiched with stupid people. How do you even take pictures like this and post online? And you are mourning a dear friend?? So s tupid

2 Likes

Re: I Lost A Colleague To An Explosion At Work In Kogi (Graphic Photos) by DennisEche(m): 10:42am On Mar 31, 2021
RIP TO DEAD BUT I MUST COMMEND MORGUES ATTENDANT ARE REALLY MEN WITH GUTS. IMAGINE SEEING THIS KIND OF IMAGE ALL THROUGH YOUR WORK LIFE. CHAI

2 Likes

Re: I Lost A Colleague To An Explosion At Work In Kogi (Graphic Photos) by GreenApples: 10:44am On Mar 31, 2021
IbnBattuta1960:
Mehn, I can bet you no insurance for such a hazardous job.
RIP to the dead.

People who do such jobs always more than often forget, it is at the expense of their souls. Counsel them on it, they'll attack you that you want to take away the source of their livelihood.

1 Like

Re: I Lost A Colleague To An Explosion At Work In Kogi (Graphic Photos) by Cutehector(m): 10:48am On Mar 31, 2021
Sijo01:
Too many ways to die in naija. If you look now, his salary is nothing to write home about. No insurance policy for him.

May God rest his soul.

Sorry for your loss, op.
i swear.. Between 60-80k... Nonsense
Re: I Lost A Colleague To An Explosion At Work In Kogi (Graphic Photos) by Oizee(f): 10:50am On Mar 31, 2021
my heartfelt condolences to the OP.

RIP Sir
Re: I Lost A Colleague To An Explosion At Work In Kogi (Graphic Photos) by Cutehector(m): 10:50am On Mar 31, 2021
chincent:
same here
Re: I Lost A Colleague To An Explosion At Work In Kogi (Graphic Photos) by staga: 10:51am On Mar 31, 2021
OP,
You are insensitive. This fellow has a family and all you could do to honour his memory was to post his grotesque photos online. What nonsense is this?

3 Likes

Re: I Lost A Colleague To An Explosion At Work In Kogi (Graphic Photos) by Soolmus: 10:53am On Mar 31, 2021
Posting your friends naked burnt body on Africa's most visited forum is wrong

3 Likes

Re: I Lost A Colleague To An Explosion At Work In Kogi (Graphic Photos) by dalass(f): 10:53am On Mar 31, 2021
Rogosa:
There was a tank explosion at factory tank farm in Kogi state on Monday. Jackson only went up for a routine check and dipping but was caught up in the explosion. The tank was a million liter tanks having about 150,000 liters ethanol before the explosion. Causes of the explosion still remain unknown.

Quite painful that you are gone Jackon AKA Ability. May your gentle soul rest in peace.

Well R.I.P man. So sad..

Now engineers in the house. What do you think happened?

My guess being that the hot temperature witnessed in the country made the volatile ethanol which was probably ignited by sparks from static charges maybe from phone of the deceased undecided
Re: I Lost A Colleague To An Explosion At Work In Kogi (Graphic Photos) by Xbee007(m): 10:55am On Mar 31, 2021
Rogosa:

I'm sure your "friend" and his family would appreciate you posting this gory image in the internet, smh. Use your head!

Lalasticlala, Seun. Did the victim's family give this person permission to post the picture of their loved one on Nairaland?
Re: I Lost A Colleague To An Explosion At Work In Kogi (Graphic Photos) by Nobody: 11:00am On Mar 31, 2021
RIP Jackson! You have left this world with it's sorrows behind

But OP, why put up pictures of his corpse like that nau?
Re: I Lost A Colleague To An Explosion At Work In Kogi (Graphic Photos) by Duplexxx: 11:00am On Mar 31, 2021
Life goes on

Rip to the dead
Re: I Lost A Colleague To An Explosion At Work In Kogi (Graphic Photos) by Sheguama: 11:01am On Mar 31, 2021
Why the hell did you put that picture? Your friend indeed!!!!!
Re: I Lost A Colleague To An Explosion At Work In Kogi (Graphic Photos) by TheGreatIYANU: 11:03am On Mar 31, 2021
SarkinYarki:

How did he desecrate his memory..he is bringing his plight to public notice so his family can get justice

If you cannot see how WRONG it is to post pictures of a dead person in such horrific state, I have no words for you.

1 Like

Re: I Lost A Colleague To An Explosion At Work In Kogi (Graphic Photos) by adabaraabdul: 11:04am On Mar 31, 2021
Can admin takedown this post. Pictures are too gory and grotesque. And i don't the family of deceased approved of this. Please.

1 Like

Re: I Lost A Colleague To An Explosion At Work In Kogi (Graphic Photos) by zanshi: 11:08am On Mar 31, 2021
Rip to the dead

My condolences to his family.
Re: I Lost A Colleague To An Explosion At Work In Kogi (Graphic Photos) by KoshCAD: 11:09am On Mar 31, 2021
Do sorry bro. May his soul rest well
Re: I Lost A Colleague To An Explosion At Work In Kogi (Graphic Photos) by lereinter(m): 11:10am On Mar 31, 2021
Horrific

Is that electric poles close to the tank?

What's the company name?

Adieu jackson

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

8 Categories Of Occupation People Do That Brings Forth Insult From The Society / Top 14 Nigerian Innovators To Watch Out For. / Lawyers Help Zone And Hang Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.