Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,614 members, 7,813,011 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:00 AM

Pete Edochie: Feminism Is Why Women Get Beaten Up In Marriage - Celebrities (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Pete Edochie: Feminism Is Why Women Get Beaten Up In Marriage (45051 Views)

Mohbad Beaten Up At Naira Marley's Home / Genevieve Nnaji: "My Own Feminism Is Just Human Rights" / Josephine Edochie: Pete Edochie's Wife And Yul Edochie's Mother (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pete Edochie: Feminism Is Why Women Get Beaten Up In Marriage by Nobody: 6:21pm On Mar 31, 2021
DEMZEE:

U are stupid
So u believe marriage is 50/50 ryt
When did I say marriage is 50/50?
Re: Pete Edochie: Feminism Is Why Women Get Beaten Up In Marriage by Nobody: 6:21pm On Mar 31, 2021
McSquishi:

Are you really under the impression a rich woman can’t find a man? Lmao

When a man in any Nigerian village will volunteer to be a rich woman’s slave just for a visa? C’mon. You’re not serious.

As you said women practice hypergamy but once you are a rich woman the need to marry up is no longer relevant therefore reducing a woman’s “need” to marry. It also reduces the number of men eligible for her to marry if she’s looking to marry up.

Read what I wrote
They will never see men of value
Very uncultured and mannerless spoilt brats
Aspiring billionaires like us will spit and look down on them in the future once we secured our wealth and had our family, having resources but no man because of bad character

Single miserable probably childless women
What rubbish

Rich men will see wife even wives
Rich women will buy husbands

1 Like

Re: Pete Edochie: Feminism Is Why Women Get Beaten Up In Marriage by Reex12(m): 6:22pm On Mar 31, 2021
Calitoscassius:
What an ignorant idiota! He keep.banging on about cooking, cooking and cooking, is that all you want from a woman? Just to cook, i don't want a woman just for cooking. I can cook my own food, He is looking for a slave not a wife.. what can you offer a woman apart from marrying her? What is wrong if you cook for for your wife. grin this guy is still living under the rock in the dark ages. I don't want a door mat or a slave for a wife. Every time Nigerian so called men are bashing their women as if them the men are saints. Ewu gambia!! grin
thankGod say your feminist end for nairaland, if you try this one for reallife, quote me your husband wont find it funny with you unless he is a simp

2 Likes

Re: Pete Edochie: Feminism Is Why Women Get Beaten Up In Marriage by McSquishi(f): 6:23pm On Mar 31, 2021
ShaqFu:
Men this babe ehn. grin

The truth is something no one should be ashamed of admitting. It is what it is.

If it is admitting my culture doesn’t respect women, that the men lack self-control, enjoy sexual harassment, and are violent toward women... hmm, it’s something I’d rather keep quiet about.

But that’s just me cheesy

1 Like

Re: Pete Edochie: Feminism Is Why Women Get Beaten Up In Marriage by Nobody: 6:24pm On Mar 31, 2021
McSquishi:

If it is admitting my culture doesn’t respect women, that the men lack self-control, enjoy sexual harassment, and are violent toward women... hmm, it’s something I’d rather keep quiet about.

Are these not happening in so called western societies
What the hell are you saying?

2 Likes

Re: Pete Edochie: Feminism Is Why Women Get Beaten Up In Marriage by cococandy(f): 6:25pm On Mar 31, 2021
Wasn’t domestic violence one of the reason why feminism even started? How can it be that feminism is not the cause of domestic violence ?
It’s interesting to see how many people are senseless and don’t mind displaying their senselessness in public

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pete Edochie: Feminism Is Why Women Get Beaten Up In Marriage by ShaqFu: 6:27pm On Mar 31, 2021
McSquishi:

Well, if it's admitting your feminism hates men and wish them dead, well please you don't need to, we already know. tongue

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pete Edochie: Feminism Is Why Women Get Beaten Up In Marriage by Nobody: 6:27pm On Mar 31, 2021
cococandy:
Wasn’t domestic violence one of the reason why feminism even started? How can it be that feminism is not the cause of domestic violence ?
It’s interesting to see how many people are senseless and don’t mind displaying their senselessness in public

Shut your mouth and lies
Why are ladies dying to marry in Africa and avoiding marriage in Progressive Societies,

2 Likes

Re: Pete Edochie: Feminism Is Why Women Get Beaten Up In Marriage by McSquishi(f): 6:28pm On Mar 31, 2021
BLOODYSPERM:

Read what I wrote
They will never see men of value
Very uncultured and mannerless spoilt brats
Aspiring billionaires like us will spit and look down on them in the future once we secured our wealth and had our family, having resources but no man because of bad character

Single miserable probably childless women
What rubbish

Rich men will see wife even wives
Rich women will buy husbands

Rich men buy wives, too. You just said yourself that women practice hypergamy. Meaning women often choose a man based on what he has, his ability to provide. Most men seek to be rich so that they can afford the best woman/women.

As I said, it’s not hard to find a man. A husband is easy to “achieve”. Rich women lose the desire for a husband because for most women marrying is a way to secure wealth. Once she has independent wealth, what purpose is marriage? She can enjoy men for their companionship while not marrying.

A lot of women are completely miserable in marriage but stay due to dependence. Why would a rich woman hurry to be miserable?

Your antiquated thinking sees a rich woman enjoying life but who isn’t married as pitiful. We in the real world see that as freedom.
Re: Pete Edochie: Feminism Is Why Women Get Beaten Up In Marriage by ZooOga: 6:30pm On Mar 31, 2021
this must be Holy teach young feminists some important Black culture week grin

Shahrazad Ali Goes HAM On American Black Women by ZooOga: 3:48am On Mar 26

https://www.nairaland.com/6477503/shahrazad-ali-goes-ham-american

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rqxK1PGMwdQ

1 Like

Re: Pete Edochie: Feminism Is Why Women Get Beaten Up In Marriage by Calitoscassius(m): 6:30pm On Mar 31, 2021
Reex12:
thankGod say your feminist end for nairaland, if you try this one for reallife, quote me your husband wont find it funny with you unless he is a simp
I am not a female, I am a red blooded confident man! grin
Re: Pete Edochie: Feminism Is Why Women Get Beaten Up In Marriage by McSquishi(f): 6:31pm On Mar 31, 2021
BLOODYSPERM:

Are these not happening in so called western societies
What the hell are you saying?

Did you even read the original post? Where this man compared Nigerians to Western/White people and cultures?

Go attack the guy who made the statements that said African/Nigerian culture is specifically degenerate in these ways.

1 Like

Re: Pete Edochie: Feminism Is Why Women Get Beaten Up In Marriage by Nobody: 6:31pm On Mar 31, 2021
McSquishi:

Rich men buy wives, too. You just said yourself that women practice hypergamy. Meaning women often choose a man based on what he has, his ability to provide. Most men seek to be rich so that they can afford the best woman/women.

As I said, it’s not hard to find a man. A husband is easy to “achieve”. Rich women lose the desire for a husband because for most women marrying is a way to secure wealth. Once she has independent wealth, what purpose is marriage? She can enjoy men for their companionship while not marrying.

A lot of women are completely miserable in marriage but stay due to dependence. Why would a rich woman hurry to be miserable?

Your antiquated thinking sees a rich woman enjoying life but who isn’t married as pitiful. We in the real world see that as freedom.

Lies few are miserable in marriages , only the innate untrained mannerless women who were lucky to be married

I'm 100% certain of unhappiness and misery of unmarried ladies with pets in Progressive Societies,

2 Likes

Re: Pete Edochie: Feminism Is Why Women Get Beaten Up In Marriage by ShaqFu: 6:31pm On Mar 31, 2021
cococandy:
The issue is when did this domestic violence start?

When our parents where young was there anything like domestic violence? Nope! It is because of the evil you people preach and do that lead to this thing that has ruined homes and continues to do so.

Ask yourself, did your dad cheat on your mum and beat her? Pete Edochie said his father never did, well, so did mine, so how come it is in this age we are hearing and witnessing such aberration of natural order. grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pete Edochie: Feminism Is Why Women Get Beaten Up In Marriage by anonymous1759(m): 6:32pm On Mar 31, 2021
YelloweWest:

Pete Edochie is a stupìd piece of shìt!

My father a retired diplomat raised children that are by far better of then this idiots kids!
Old fool encouraging violence. It is only in Nigeria that his likes would be given audience, rubbish.
Fact!

If you understand what Pete said you wouldn't be spweing thrash.
I look at the way some soldiers were kneeling down to propose at the express few days ago it was disgusting.

If women respect their husbands like in the olden days domestic violence will reduce that's the context of his speech .
Women arguing with their husbands makes things worse .
Marriage is not by force if you can't be submissive stay in your fathers house and be submissive to him because you answer his name.
As long as you bear your husbands name you've to respect him. I don't support domestic violence but I'm not a fan of feminism.

3 Likes

Re: Pete Edochie: Feminism Is Why Women Get Beaten Up In Marriage by sanpipita(m): 6:34pm On Mar 31, 2021
McSquishi:
I actually agree with him for the most part.

Nigerian culture as it currently exists cannot accommodate feminism. Gender equality is at odds with how too many Nigerian men were raised. When you are raised to believe your maleness makes you superior to womankind, that women were created to serve you and revere you, of course the reality that you’ve been fed a lie will be resisted.

The truth is that gender equality hurts Nigerian marriages because men are used to marrying women who marry them because of their lack of options. In the past women submitted out of fear, because of financial security and lack of education. Insecure men, who only feel superior due to their Instruments, cannot handle a woman who submits to them based on choice, contingent on his performance as a husband.

It is true that Nigerian men use domestic violence as a way to control a woman. Because he is finding leading his home unbearable and he wasn’t trained properly how to lead with love. No one displayed to him what it means to be head. No one ever told him that a man is supposed to love his wife as his own body, to honor her as the weaker vessel. All he ever knew was the biblical quote about submission and never knew his responsibility was even greater, that he’s supposed to love in a Christ-like manner...

A Nigerian man who is obsessed with proving his superiority would very much find a home where his wife doesn’t act as house help to be an abomination. To prove his superiority a Nigerian man might beats his wife to get her to submit because he is weak: he has lost control of his home and himself.

A lot of Nigerian men claim they want women to be empowered and not a liability yet it is often the same group of men who hate the idea of gender equality.

He’s right about sexual harassment. In Nigeria a superior can regularly sexually assault his female staff and he will never be called to task. Men feel free to harass women in Nigerian culture, even young girls, and fear no consequences. This is not a thing to be proud of, and labeling it “culture” makes your culture seem primitive.

It interesting that he proudly says Black people don’t worship their women as whites do. Truthfully, let that African woman end up with a white woman, he will then begin worshipping. But y’all aren’t ready for that conversation...

I think your last paragraph invalidated most of your earlier points really and that's where real question should be

Why do same men who don't know how to love and always feel superiority to women suddenly change when they meet a white woman, do they just suddenly learn to love? I doubt

Lots of Nigerian men who act tough even nairaland ones will be house puppies to white women, why? aside inferior complex, they understand these women are not rags they can tramp on and western societies don't joke with things like DV.

Trust me if Nigerian society punished things like DV and other abuses men mete on women, everyone will have sense, same boss you say that harasses ladies will go to UK for example and be well behaved.

Bottomline here is the society here teaches men to be irresponsible not that they don't know the right thing to do for their partners.

1 Like

Re: Pete Edochie: Feminism Is Why Women Get Beaten Up In Marriage by Reex12(m): 6:34pm On Mar 31, 2021
Calitoscassius:
I am not a female, I am a red blooded confident man! grin
MY BAD SIMP

3 Likes

Re: Pete Edochie: Feminism Is Why Women Get Beaten Up In Marriage by McSquishi(f): 6:35pm On Mar 31, 2021
BLOODYSPERM:

Lies few are miserable in marriages , only the innate untrained mannerless women who were lucky to be married

I'm 100% certain of unhappiness and misery of unmarried ladies with pets in Progressive Societies,

I know married women, especially African married women and I know singles. African women are suffering in marriage. Their husbands are often horrible, terrible people... that’s just the truth of it. And they stay only because they are expected to endure marriage and awful husbands.

A woman who doesn’t have to enter such a thing is free. She can marry at anytime she chooses or if she chooses but doesn’t have to rush. She can take care of herself and family without the help of a man.

Some men are afraid of such women because the more women who become financially independent the less women they will find who they can abuse... so those men prefer to fantasize these women secretly are miserable without husbands lol

enjoy your fantasies lol.
Re: Pete Edochie: Feminism Is Why Women Get Beaten Up In Marriage by Nobody: 6:36pm On Mar 31, 2021
sanpipita:

I think your last paragraph invalidated most of your earlier points really and that's where real question should be

Why do same men who don't know how to love and always feel superiority to women suddenly change when they meet a white woman, do they just suddenly learn to love? I doubt

Lots of Nigerian men who act tough even nairaland ones will be house puppies to white women, why? aside inferior complex, they understand these women are not rags they can tramp on and western societies don't joke with things like DV.

Trust me if Nigerian society punished things like DV and other abuses men mete on women, everyone will have sense, same boss you say that harasses ladies will go to UK for example and be well behaved.

Bottomline here is the society here teaches men to be irresponsible not that they don't know the right thing to do for their partners.

And western women are divorce-raping men and having child custody as they initiate 70% of the divorce

men in Progressive Societies have become Weak Simp and Faggotss no wonder these feminized idiots transgend

3 Likes

Re: Pete Edochie: Feminism Is Why Women Get Beaten Up In Marriage by sanpipita(m): 6:36pm On Mar 31, 2021
anonymous1759:

If you understand what Pete said you wouldn't be spweing thrash.
I look at the way some soldiers were kneeling down to propose at the express few days ago it was disgusting.

If women respect their husbands like in the olden days domestic violence will reduce that's the context of his speech .
Women arguing with their husbands makes things worse .

You must be a low IQ fool to think DV has anything to do with arguing, and why must argument end with beating if the man isn't an animal?

Idiots like you will complain about that soldier or policeman that beats you up for just responding and you think arguments is enough to batter people
Re: Pete Edochie: Feminism Is Why Women Get Beaten Up In Marriage by payloader(m): 6:37pm On Mar 31, 2021
You are on point sir. But the stupid pride of some ladies in this forum won't allow them say anything nice about this. I keep saying, if you know you won't be able to respect the man you intend marrying, please, don't encourage the relationship, talkless of marrying him, because your home will be in a total mess before long.

2 Likes

Re: Pete Edochie: Feminism Is Why Women Get Beaten Up In Marriage by Cocao(f): 6:38pm On Mar 31, 2021
TheRedpillguy:

Heal!

Okay sir grin grin cheesy
Re: Pete Edochie: Feminism Is Why Women Get Beaten Up In Marriage by Nobody: 6:39pm On Mar 31, 2021
McSquishi:

I know married women, especially African married women and I know singles. African women are suffering in marriage. Their husbands are often horrible, terrible people... that’s just the truth of it. And they stay only because they are expected to endure marriage and awful husbands.

A woman who doesn’t have to enter such a thing is free. She can marry at anytime she chooses or if she chooses but doesn’t have to rush. She can take care of herself and family without the help of a man.

Some men are afraid of such women because the more women who become financially independent the less women they will find who they can abuse... so those men prefer to fantasize these women secretly are miserable without husbands lol

enjoy your fantasies lol.

They adhere to Feministic values instead of feminine values that is why they are miserable

Our ancestral mothers knew what it meant to be women, mordern women are nothing to write home about very few good wives

2 Likes

Re: Pete Edochie: Feminism Is Why Women Get Beaten Up In Marriage by Victoria938(f): 6:39pm On Mar 31, 2021
The most important thing to me about Pete Edochie's view is that he made a successful home and his sons are doing same so whatever reasonable thing he said about marriage is acceptable to me.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pete Edochie: Feminism Is Why Women Get Beaten Up In Marriage by iPopAlomo(m): 6:40pm On Mar 31, 2021
Dalil8:
Nothing but the truth.

The only issue i have with Feminism are those good for nothing weaklings, pvssies (Men) that identify themselves as feminists.

Stop interfering in women's business. Leave Feminism for women and start fighting for Men's right. No one's gonna do it for you, not even the women you claim to be fighting for.

If you're guy and you call yourself a feminist, shame on you. You're not worthy to be called a Man. Go buy yourself a Vagina..
. undecided undecided

Baba... Shay you dey drink ALOMO ...? I wan buy one chilled one... Mortuary standard!

1 Like

Re: Pete Edochie: Feminism Is Why Women Get Beaten Up In Marriage by EmekaA125(m): 6:41pm On Mar 31, 2021
saphiere:
First it was: If your husband is cheating, buy him condoms.

Now it is: Feminism Is Why Women Get Beaten Up In Marriage.

How is women empowerment the reason for women getting beaten?

If these are not symptoms of old age what are they?

Modified:
I got it now. He means when women get empowered, their husbands beat them cause they are scared their wives would be doing better than them.
Men and their low self-esteem.

I stop taking him serious the day he said if a man wants to buy a car for his married daughter, he should buy in her husband's name. What rubbish? He thinks this is stone age. Even his son does not support him.

It's old age

God bless you
Your own feminism is getting embarrassing. It won't cost you a fortune if you admit this truth without twisting it to your own narrative. Women don't dictate to men. Call it patriarchy or whatever, that's what it is.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pete Edochie: Feminism Is Why Women Get Beaten Up In Marriage by Nobody: 6:41pm On Mar 31, 2021
sanpipita:

You must be a low IQ fool to think DV has anything to do with arguing, and why must argument end with beating if the man isn't an animal?

Idiots like you will complain about that soldier or policeman that beats you up for just responding and you think arguments is enough to batter people

Shut your mouth
weakling
Bloody Simp
Very emotional
No wonder you are in the Democrat party
No wonder black Americans have the worst statistics ,see their men supporting Feminism

2 Likes

Re: Pete Edochie: Feminism Is Why Women Get Beaten Up In Marriage by Artzdanielsz(m): 6:43pm On Mar 31, 2021
On point just like there can only be one captain on a ship.

3 Likes

Re: Pete Edochie: Feminism Is Why Women Get Beaten Up In Marriage by McSquishi(f): 6:45pm On Mar 31, 2021
sanpipita:

Which part did the last paragraph invalidate?

Nigerian men are not taught to value their fellow African woman. They are brainwashed to see African women as bottom barrel. And they treat them accordingly.

They are taught to revere and prize all things white and so treat white women differently. In part the reason for that is the legal support and society the woman is raised in that eschews domestic violence. The other and larger part is in the broken mindset of the man.

you’re right society affects the way men treat women. When Nigerian society begins to prioritize moral behavior and hold men accountable for their actions, things will improve.

Society is made up of people, right? so the same people who teach their sons that women are solely created for their use is the same society that allows sexual harassment, domestic violence to occur unfettered.
Re: Pete Edochie: Feminism Is Why Women Get Beaten Up In Marriage by Hassan88(m): 6:45pm On Mar 31, 2021
The gods have spoken
Re: Pete Edochie: Feminism Is Why Women Get Beaten Up In Marriage by McSquishi(f): 6:46pm On Mar 31, 2021
ShaqFu:
Well, if it's admitting your feminism hates men and wish them dead, well please you don't need to, we already know. tongue

How does wanting gender equality equal hating men?? Relax.

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (19) (Reply)

BBNaija: Akwa Ibom Welcomes Kemen (Photos) / 2face Anoints Demmie Vee, Calls Him His Successor (Photos, Video) / Stella Damasus Stuns In No Makeup Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.