Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,616 members, 7,813,029 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:00 AM

Pete Edochie: Feminism Is Why Women Get Beaten Up In Marriage - Celebrities (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Pete Edochie: Feminism Is Why Women Get Beaten Up In Marriage (45055 Views)

Mohbad Beaten Up At Naira Marley's Home / Genevieve Nnaji: "My Own Feminism Is Just Human Rights" / Josephine Edochie: Pete Edochie's Wife And Yul Edochie's Mother (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pete Edochie: Feminism Is Why Women Get Beaten Up In Marriage by Idaytesj29(m): 5:55pm On Mar 31, 2021
joycedap:
this man should be advising our president

They won't appoint matured and experienced people as advisers. Cos they won't lie like Lie Mohammed or Garba Sheu or Femi Adesina
Re: Pete Edochie: Feminism Is Why Women Get Beaten Up In Marriage by YelloweWest: 5:58pm On Mar 31, 2021
BLOODYSPERM:

Women empowerment that led to promiscuous Hypergamous mannerless ladies who don't have family values

It won't be well for Feminism
Just look at western Societies and their divorce and Marital decline
Western society with their high divorce rate are a million times better than us.
And yes, women empowerment will most likely lead to divorce because men don't behave well. Your ego needs to be checked before women are no longer dependent on men.
The mordern women is with a man because she wants to be with him and not because of provision. Such women won't swallow shìt because she has the option to leave.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pete Edochie: Feminism Is Why Women Get Beaten Up In Marriage by Toearn: 5:58pm On Mar 31, 2021
Really
Re: Pete Edochie: Feminism Is Why Women Get Beaten Up In Marriage by TheSupleemLeada(m): 5:59pm On Mar 31, 2021
KanuSE:

You can never understand these things till you row your own boat.

There's more to life than women, get busy.
Re: Pete Edochie: Feminism Is Why Women Get Beaten Up In Marriage by ImaIma1(f): 5:59pm On Mar 31, 2021
No beating is justified. If the woman should die in your hands, I hope your lawyer can argue for you in court that it is because she was a feminist.

2 Likes

Re: Pete Edochie: Feminism Is Why Women Get Beaten Up In Marriage by TheRedpillguy: 6:00pm On Mar 31, 2021
Cocao:

Any man that has me, has the best thing in the world. I can beat my chest anywhere to say this. Through reading, expansion and constant self evaluation and development, I have been able to raise myself to be the woman I love. I knowwwww my worth honey and its a lot.

Yeah you keep telling yourself that. If you are the best thing in the world to have you would have been had already. People like you bring nothing but misery and even the kids you have you give up to the gov for indoctrination. You can know ur worth all day. It's ur mind, u can tell it anything.

1 Like

Re: Pete Edochie: Feminism Is Why Women Get Beaten Up In Marriage by McSquishi(f): 6:02pm On Mar 31, 2021
ShaqFu:
Okonkwo Ebubedike has spoken!.

I'm sure cococandy and McSquishi won't take this truth spoken by this respected African man serious. grin cheesy

It is truth but one he should be ashamed to admit.
Re: Pete Edochie: Feminism Is Why Women Get Beaten Up In Marriage by Nobody: 6:02pm On Mar 31, 2021
TheSupleemLeada:

Divorce rates may be higher in western progressive societies but now in africa it's domestic violence rates that's topping the charts...plus if africa had better family values we won't be a continent of poor leadership and the world's poverty capital... family values would teach honesty and uprightness in leadership and africa won't be a shithole where it's people cross the sahara desert drinking their piss to enter into those western progressive societies.

And you clearly don't know the difference between being powerful and being rich... it's what really defines an alpha...

UAE that are very Patriachal in values are fvcking developed

There is no statistics of systematic domestic violence in Nigeria, it is not an epidemic if not ladies won't be happy to marry, look at the staggering rate of fatherless children in Western Societies due to normalization of single motherhood

2 Likes

Re: Pete Edochie: Feminism Is Why Women Get Beaten Up In Marriage by Nobody: 6:03pm On Mar 31, 2021
YelloweWest:

Western society with their high divorce rate are a million times better than us.
And yes, women empowerment will most likely lead to divorce because men don't behave well. Your ego needs to be checked before women are no longer dependent on men.
The mordern women is with a man because she wants to be with him and not because of provision. Such women won't swallow shìt because she has the option to leave.

What of Islamic strict Patriachal cultures in Arab nations are they not developed

2 Likes

Re: Pete Edochie: Feminism Is Why Women Get Beaten Up In Marriage by sanpipita(m): 6:04pm On Mar 31, 2021
YelloweWest:

Stop responding to idiots, with time they will learn if not by force.

You wonder what's good about the Nigerian or even African family values What positives has it brought to the society at large

1 Like

Re: Pete Edochie: Feminism Is Why Women Get Beaten Up In Marriage by Sokari29: 6:05pm On Mar 31, 2021
Deathforall:

This man would have been a better president than that lifeless terrorist aka ajala the useless traveler
Hell even a dead dog can do better than buhari.
Leave this talk if finally him enter there sef Una go still complain... Nobody can satisfy Nigerians! even if God come b our president Una go still complain.
Re: Pete Edochie: Feminism Is Why Women Get Beaten Up In Marriage by McSquishi(f): 6:05pm On Mar 31, 2021
I actually agree with him for the most part.

Nigerian culture as it currently exists cannot accommodate feminism. Gender equality is at odds with how too many Nigerian men were raised. When you are raised to believe your maleness makes you superior to womankind, that women were created to serve you and revere you, of course the reality that you’ve been fed a lie will be resisted.

The truth is that gender equality hurts Nigerian marriages because men are used to marrying women who marry them because of their lack of options. In the past women submitted out of fear, because of financial security and lack of education. Insecure men, who only feel superior due to their Instruments, cannot handle a woman who submits to them based on choice, contingent on his performance as a husband.

It is true that Nigerian men use domestic violence as a way to control a woman. Because he is finding leading his home unbearable and he wasn’t trained properly how to lead with love. No one displayed to him what it means to be head. No one ever told him that a man is supposed to love his wife as his own body, to honor her as the weaker vessel. All he ever knew was the biblical quote about submission and never knew his responsibility was even greater, that he’s supposed to love in a Christ-like manner...

A Nigerian man who is obsessed with proving his superiority would very much find a home where his wife doesn’t act as house help to be an abomination. To prove his superiority a Nigerian man might beats his wife to get her to submit because he is weak: he has lost control of his home and himself.

A lot of Nigerian men claim they want women to be empowered and not a liability yet it is often the same group of men who hate the idea of gender equality.

He’s right about sexual harassment. In Nigeria a superior can regularly sexually assault his female staff and he will never be called to task. Men feel free to harass women in Nigerian culture, even young girls, and fear no consequences. This is not a thing to be proud of, and labeling it “culture” makes your culture seem primitive.

It interesting that he proudly says Black people don’t worship their women as whites do. Truthfully, let that African *man end up with a white woman, he will then begin worshipping. But y’all aren’t ready for that conversation...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pete Edochie: Feminism Is Why Women Get Beaten Up In Marriage by TheRedpillguy: 6:05pm On Mar 31, 2021
Cocao:

I [b]have learnt looonggg ago to live my life for myself. [/b]No man can love me more than myself; it is all vibes and cruise. Your opinion does not even matter.

Yeah right. You can't love yourself. You probably abuse drugs, don't go to the gym, don't eat healthy. I can bet right now that u r fat, folding stomach and all.

Men can actually do something for you, they can love you, cherish you , advice you on looking healthy, provide for you. You can sleep in his arms in the night and feel safe. But you not it.
Re: Pete Edochie: Feminism Is Why Women Get Beaten Up In Marriage by Cocao(f): 6:05pm On Mar 31, 2021
TheRedpillguy:

Yeah you keep telling yourself that. If you are the best thing in the world to have you would have been had already. People like you bring nothing but misery and even the kids you have you give up to the gov for indoctrination. You can know ur worth all day. It's ur mind, u can tell it anything.

You know NOTHING grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Pete Edochie: Feminism Is Why Women Get Beaten Up In Marriage by PrimadonnaO(f): 6:05pm On Mar 31, 2021
DEMZEE:

So u are telling me our great great grand mothers were always abused domestically by their husbands and yet they will still encourage their female children to get married and shame women who don't get married

How logical is that for bleeps sake

You inferred what you inferred... and certainly not from my post.
Re: Pete Edochie: Feminism Is Why Women Get Beaten Up In Marriage by Cocao(f): 6:06pm On Mar 31, 2021
TheRedpillguy:

Yeah right. You can't love yourself. You probably abuse drugs, don't go to the gym, don't eat healthy. I can bet right now that u r fat, folding stomach and all.

Men can actually do something for you, they can love you, cherish you , advice you on looking healthy, provide for you. You can sleep in his arms in the night and feel safe. But you not it.

Looooooooooollllll grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Pete Edochie: Feminism Is Why Women Get Beaten Up In Marriage by Nobody: 6:06pm On Mar 31, 2021
YelloweWest:

That is why mordern women in Progressive Societies end up childless and with pets since they see men as equal

We men if we want will search feminine , submissive cooperative women not pseudo-masculine hybrid beast women who want to be like men and still want to have a successful relationship
Re: Pete Edochie: Feminism Is Why Women Get Beaten Up In Marriage by Nobody: 6:08pm On Mar 31, 2021
YelloweWest:

Na them.
Nairaland fùck boy. Throwing temper tantrums to make up for the small dìck u inherited from your father, as if women are ur problem.

Your comment reminds me of the BTK serial killer that killed people for over 30 years and thought he would never be caught. Everyday for the theif, one day for the owner. So continue in your life mission for beating women, one day na one day. Monkey go go market no return!

grin
Re: Pete Edochie: Feminism Is Why Women Get Beaten Up In Marriage by TheRedpillguy: 6:08pm On Mar 31, 2021
YelloweWest:

Well Well. Am not sure any man wants to stay with one Woman forever. You need to change them as they get older . so basically they are doing Men a favor

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pete Edochie: Feminism Is Why Women Get Beaten Up In Marriage by YelloweWest: 6:08pm On Mar 31, 2021
BLOODYSPERM:

What of Islamic strict Patriachal cultures in Arab nations are they not developed
Forget what u read on cnn o!

Go live in countries like UAE and Saudi Arabia.

Women in their numbers are at the top of management boards and govt agencies!
Re: Pete Edochie: Feminism Is Why Women Get Beaten Up In Marriage by Nobody: 6:11pm On Mar 31, 2021
McSquishi:
I actually agree with him for the most part.

Nigerian culture as it currently exists cannot accommodate feminism. Gender equality is at odds with how too many Nigerian men were raised. When you are raised to believe your maleness makes you superior to womankind, that women were created to serve you and revere you, of course the reality that you’ve been fed a lie will be resisted.

The truth is that gender equality hurts Nigerian marriages because men are used to marrying women who marry them because of their lack of options. In the past women submitted out of fear, because of financial security and lack of education. Insecure men, who only feel superior due to their Instruments, cannot handle a woman who submits to them based on choice, contingent on his performance as a husband.

It is true that Nigerian men use domestic violence as a way to control a woman. Because he is finding leading his home unbearable and he wasn’t trained properly how to lead with love. No one displayed to him what it means to be head. No one ever told him that a man is supposed to love his wife as his own body, to honor her as the weaker vessel. All he ever knew was the biblical quote about submission and never knew his responsibility was even greater, that he’s supposed to love in a Christ-like manner...

A Nigerian man who is obsessed with proving his superiority would very much find a home where his wife doesn’t act as house help to be an abomination. To prove his superiority a Nigerian man might beats his wife to get her to submit because he is weak: he has lost control of his home and himself.

A lot of Nigerian men claim they want women to be empowered and not a liability yet it is often the same group of men who hate the idea of gender equality.

He’s right about sexual harassment. In Nigeria a superior can regularly sexually assault his female staff and he will never be called to task. Men feel free to harass women in Nigerian culture, even young girls, and fear no consequences. This is not a thing to be proud of, and labeling it “culture” makes your culture seem primitive.

It interesting that he proudly says Black people don’t worship their women as whites do. Truthfully, let that African woman end up with a white woman, he will then begin worshipping. But y’all aren’t ready for that conversation...

Women are Hypergamous
They date and marry upwards or equals
Successful independent and rich women will find no man of high value

They are proud and mannerless
Just look at Linda ikeji a bloody single mother who can't find any man but see million of rich men with wives

2 Likes

Re: Pete Edochie: Feminism Is Why Women Get Beaten Up In Marriage by Nobody: 6:12pm On Mar 31, 2021
YelloweWest:

Forget what u read on cnn o!

Go live in countries like UAE and Saudi Arabia.

Women in their numbers are at the top of management boards and govt agencies!

So are they not in Nigeria
Women make up 51% of our labor force and you all screaming oppression, Patriachy,slavery, inequality
Nonsense

1 Like

Re: Pete Edochie: Feminism Is Why Women Get Beaten Up In Marriage by TheRedpillguy: 6:13pm On Mar 31, 2021
Cocao:

Looooooooooollllll grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Heal!
Re: Pete Edochie: Feminism Is Why Women Get Beaten Up In Marriage by Calitoscassius(m): 6:14pm On Mar 31, 2021
Komu1048:

You can now crawl back to the hole that gave birth to you. Nigerian men will not worship you people. What they called gender inequality is actually placing women above, and it’s already working but they will fail. Soon real men will come out and put a stop to some overstretch hole deciding and questioning how family setup should be. And decaying vegetables aka weak men will suffer same faith
I hope you are including your mother, if you have a mother and sisters if you have any in this hate you have against women, grin you have to hate your own sisters and mother then again, I suspect you have not mother or sisters, you are a low self esteemed morron, who is afraid of independent women, you want women to lick your ass, worship you, you have nothing to offer a woman. I bet you are also an ugly, short, small and poor single man.. grin hopeless morrons like you ussually are. Start with kiiling your own mother, sisters and daughter.

And oh! I am not a woman, i am a very confident man. Now go slit your throat. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pete Edochie: Feminism Is Why Women Get Beaten Up In Marriage by Exodora: 6:16pm On Mar 31, 2021
Food don done for them .
Re: Pete Edochie: Feminism Is Why Women Get Beaten Up In Marriage by KanuSE: 6:16pm On Mar 31, 2021
TheSupleemLeada:

There's more to life than women, get busy.

Of course, you're right. grin

1 Like

Re: Pete Edochie: Feminism Is Why Women Get Beaten Up In Marriage by McSquishi(f): 6:17pm On Mar 31, 2021
BLOODYSPERM:

Women are Hypergamous
They date and marry upwards or equals
Successful independent and rich women will find no man of high value

They are proud and mannerless
Just look at Linda ikeji a bloody single mother who can't find any man but see million of rich men with wives

Are you really under the impression a rich woman can’t find a man? Lmao

When a man in any Nigerian village will volunteer to be a rich woman’s slave just for a visa? C’mon. You’re not serious.

As you said women practice hypergamy but once you are a rich woman the need to marry up is no longer relevant therefore reducing a woman’s “need” to marry. It also reduces the number of men eligible for her to marry if she’s looking to marry up.
Re: Pete Edochie: Feminism Is Why Women Get Beaten Up In Marriage by hashtagged(m): 6:17pm On Mar 31, 2021
saphiere:
First it was: If your husband is cheating, buy him condoms.

Now it is: Feminism Is Why Women Get Beaten Up In Marriage.

How is women empowerment the reason for women getting beaten?

If these are not symptoms of old age what are they?

Modified:
I got it now. He means when women get empowered, their husbands beat them cause they are scared their wives would be doing better than them.
Men and their low self-esteem.

I stop taking him serious the day he said if a man wants to buy a car for his married daughter, he should buy in her husband's name. What rubbish? He thinks this is stone age. Even his son does not support him.

It's old age

God bless you
The problem here is power balance and money comes with power.
A man can only expect his wife to be submissive when she depends on his money.
I have never seen rich ladies husband's disrespect them or expect submission.

If you are a broke lady feminism is not for you except you nor wan marry.
No one would respect you until you have money so work hard earn cash and stop being fodder. And all this dominance and recessiveness would stop

1 Like

Re: Pete Edochie: Feminism Is Why Women Get Beaten Up In Marriage by ShaqFu: 6:17pm On Mar 31, 2021
McSquishi:

It is truth but one he should be ashamed to admit.
Men this babe ehn. grin

The truth is something no one should be ashamed of admitting. It is what it is.
Re: Pete Edochie: Feminism Is Why Women Get Beaten Up In Marriage by Godszilla: 6:18pm On Mar 31, 2021
Obviously i cannot agree with all he said. why would you want to beat someone that is not your equal, but that is what is lost on the feminist we cant be equal but compliment each other. All the fingers on your hand aint equal each play it own part to perfection and they all make a perfect human hand.

Why wonld anyone compare submission to love is just beyond reason. God ask of the woman the lesser task of submission not love still they are up in arms. If in your office your manager doesnt play the lose of his/her junior same as CEO wont play the role of a manager the roles are define and if every play their role perfectly and properly the firm succeed. so why is it a crime in a Home (Family), the woman and man has their role that doesnt mean its rigid but you understand your role thats what make are great home.

Feminist or whatever they call it i dont get - respect your woman and man then we will make the world a beta place. we aint equal and will neva be but that is where the beauty is. what is the fun or specialness of being equal self? Beat why would you want to even beat any human in the first place self?

TheSupleemLeada:

http://saharareporters.com/2021/03/31/feminism-why-women-get-beaten-marriage-%E2%80%94pete-edochie
Re: Pete Edochie: Feminism Is Why Women Get Beaten Up In Marriage by Calitoscassius(m): 6:19pm On Mar 31, 2021
DEMZEE:

Idiat

How Many western men are handling relationships in the western societies
go kiill your own mother if you hate women that much. grin
Re: Pete Edochie: Feminism Is Why Women Get Beaten Up In Marriage by KanuSE: 6:21pm On Mar 31, 2021
McSquishi:

Are you really under the impression a rich woman can’t find a man? Lmao

When a man in any Nigerian village will volunteer to be a rich woman’s slave just for a visa? C’mon. You’re not serious.

As you said women practice hypergamy but once you are a rich woman the need to marry up is no longer relevant therefore reducing a woman’s “need” to marry. It also reduces the number of men eligible for her to marry if she’s looking to marry up.

@bolded smells of delusion.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (19) (Reply)

Olawunmi Otedola, Femi Otedola's Eldest Daughter, Pretty In New Photo / Police Parade Burna Boy's Manager And The Students Hired To Rob Mr 2kay (Photo) / Don Jazzy Reacts To Rihanna’s ‘Inseparable’ Relationship With A$AP Rocky

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.