Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,766 members, 7,809,951 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:40 PM

Do I Need To Quit My Job ? - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Do I Need To Quit My Job ? (27167 Views)

I Finally Quit My Bank Job For Bolt Driving / I Quit My Lagos Hotel Manager Job, Relocated To Abuja For Green Pasture -Emenalo / Juju Scare: Should I Quit My Job? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do I Need To Quit My Job ? by Microwhy: 10:00am On Apr 01, 2021
confirmedniggae:
Good evenning all.

I have been having this thought of quitting my job to learn driving in order to pick up an UBER or BOLT job but the fear of getting a car on hire purchase is always coming as an hindrance.

I am a family man whose salary of just #85,000 is not even enough to cater for the family .Before the salary even comes in, there are always debts that have been incurred.

Most times,I dont even get up to #20,000 as a result of debts and seriously I am fed up. Infact , I think of suicide sometimes because i am so depressed right now. I have rent of #140,000 hanging on my neck too.

Please will it be wise to quit to learn driving for purpose of commercial driving job?
What does suicide got to do with your situation Mr Coward..
Think about how to make things work instead of trying to run away..Mr I wan kill myself.

1 Like

Re: Do I Need To Quit My Job ? by OfficialGaGa(m): 10:01am On Apr 01, 2021
hh
Re: Do I Need To Quit My Job ? by Nobody: 10:02am On Apr 01, 2021
Unless you have saved enough to be independent and get a high income skill, in all apply wisdom
Re: Do I Need To Quit My Job ? by Prechgold1180(m): 10:02am On Apr 01, 2021
confirmedniggae:
Good evenning all.

I have been having this thought of quitting my job to learn driving in order to pick up an UBER or BOLT job but the fear of getting a car on hire purchase is always coming as an hindrance.

I am a family man whose salary of just #85,000 is not even enough to cater for the family .Before the salary even comes in, there are always debts that have been incurred.

Most times,I dont even get up to #20,000 as a result of debts and seriously I am fed up. Infact , I think of suicide sometimes because i am so depressed right now. I have rent of #140,000 hanging on my neck too.

Please will it be wise to quit to learn driving for purpose of commercial driving job?

I am a student
And I got 1 Lexus GS 350 AWD 08

Incase u are interested in Uber

2 Likes

Re: Do I Need To Quit My Job ? by Olodo24: 10:02am On Apr 01, 2021
Combine both. Quitting entirely may make things worse
Re: Do I Need To Quit My Job ? by Pauladex(m): 10:02am On Apr 01, 2021
Damiriel:
Quit if you have never taken garri and salt ad dinner and then sachet water as breakfast ever.

But if you have then... You know how to advise your self
You are a gun

1 Like

Re: Do I Need To Quit My Job ? by stanliwise(m): 10:03am On Apr 01, 2021
confirmedniggae:
Good evenning all.

Dont quit, you need a skill for side hustle.
What have you been doing with your weekends?
Free days?
Those days are your deal breaker, use them wisely Infact prepare for them thoroughly and learn new skills e.g tailoring, shoe making, leather shoe making repair, learn a trading system, business process development plans, Infact anything thy hand can find. In other words you need to use those days to learn about other things your job would necessarily not let you learn.

Option 2, you can use your free time at work or weekdays to get more professional and serious about your current job and learn more to improve your qualifications skills. Then move to a better one or seek for promotion.

As for the suicide thought, it means your thought is getting corrupt by the situation. You need someone you can trust to describe your situation accurately. Right now your mind is contaminated with negative thoughts and you shouldn’t trust it completely.

1 Like

Re: Do I Need To Quit My Job ? by Chicastle: 10:04am On Apr 01, 2021
Suicide mission won't solve anything. I will advise you to learn the uber first
Re: Do I Need To Quit My Job ? by inspector1(m): 10:06am On Apr 01, 2021
[quote author=confirmedniggae post=100375336]Good evenning all.

Please will it be wise to quit to learn driving for purpose of commercial driving job

BRO DONT TRY IT PLS, A BIRD AT HAND IS BETTER THAN THOUSANDSNOF BIRD IN THE BUSH.

1 Like

Re: Do I Need To Quit My Job ? by kingsceedon(m): 10:07am On Apr 01, 2021
GeeMeshin1:
First, remove suicide out of the equation; it will not solve anything rather it'll compound issues. If you can continue your current job and learn the driving alongside, it'll be better. Be strong, the best is around the corner.

Words of encouragement, God bless you for this, the OP should remove suicide thinking in his mind first, I know the God of the poor people will never forget him.

1 Like

Re: Do I Need To Quit My Job ? by The5DME(m): 10:07am On Apr 01, 2021
tensazangetsu20
Re: Do I Need To Quit My Job ? by deavicky(m): 10:08am On Apr 01, 2021
confirmedniggae:
Good evenning all.

if ur job has no prospect like u could learn one or two to operate on ur own, I advice you leave the job. And u can also be in the job and get a car before you resign. Do not make the mistake of resigning without been sure of getting the vehicle.
I

1 Like

Re: Do I Need To Quit My Job ? by RPG2020(m): 10:10am On Apr 01, 2021
Sorry to tell you this if you can't not manage your current salary which is 85kNaira I don't think you will be able to manage Uber

If you know what you are doing with that 85k you can make it rain �️ in your family

11 Likes

Re: Do I Need To Quit My Job ? by na2016: 10:10am On Apr 01, 2021
confirmedniggae:
Good evenning all.

If I were you, I will take the careful route out of this. If possible learn to drive at weekends while still doing that job. During that time, try to get the vehicle on hire purchase and be very sure to have full insurance cos anything can happen to that car at any time and point. I wouldn't encourage you after learning driving, to immediately start commercial stuff. One year or 6 months after ur training maybe enough. Don't rush to leave your job.
Re: Do I Need To Quit My Job ? by yesloaded: 10:11am On Apr 01, 2021
confirmedniggae:
Good evenning all.

my advise

✓ Don't quit your job yet

✓ Learn how to drive first even while still doing your current job

✓ After you've perfected your driving, do Uber on part time basis

✓ Get a car through hire purchase, you can request for this on nairaland as I've seen many people willing to give car on hire purchase

✓ Be honest with whoever gives out the car to you on hire purchase

dazzal
Re: Do I Need To Quit My Job ? by GreaterFuture3: 10:11am On Apr 01, 2021
God be with you

Soybeans and Maize available for Sale in Tonnes. If you are serious and Ready, Pls Hit me up. contact in Siggy.
Re: Do I Need To Quit My Job ? by Nobody: 10:14am On Apr 01, 2021
4ckyou:
You are earning 85k and you are thinking of suicide? Some people are earning 50k monthly with lots of mouth to feed and they are doing well, maybe you should cut shot your expenses.
Dont live more than you earn, subsidize things to balance yourself.
They are not doing well, Chief. If you know any who's doing well while feeding lot of mouths on a 50k salary, please, explain how he does it.
Re: Do I Need To Quit My Job ? by babayinka77(m): 10:15am On Apr 01, 2021
4ckyou:
You are earning 85k and you are thinking of suicide? Some people are earning 50k monthly with lots of mouth to feed and they are doing well, maybe you should cut shot your expenses.
Dont live more than you earn, subsidize things to balance yourself.

Doing well with 50k monthly is an exaggeration..Haba, in this economy!
Re: Do I Need To Quit My Job ? by Abalado(f): 10:17am On Apr 01, 2021
This our God is just too merciful and kind,if not na to just make u do small thing and they pursue u from the job for just three months,and see how it looks like not having a job not to talk of u having a job earning u 85k monthly and still complaining,who u if u have the bolt or Uber that it will still care for ur needs?

1 Like

Re: Do I Need To Quit My Job ? by Pastev1(m): 10:17am On Apr 01, 2021
Dearly beloved, be courageous! If you have a plan of learning to drive, you can do that in the evening after and weekend while you are still on your job.
Secondly, take a moment to have a quiet time, don't always dance to the tune of your wife in terms of spending. if N140k is for a flat, look for a two-room apartment, while working out your salvation (Phil. 2:12}. It is better to struggle before standing than to think that you are standing while you're down.
Let the word of God be your companion.

2 Likes

Re: Do I Need To Quit My Job ? by Kayrich(m): 10:18am On Apr 01, 2021
Guy u will regret it if u quit that 85k monthly job. U just need to reduce ur spending on faaji and side chick. because for me those are what takes money from person. Who told u Uber doesn't have its own issues. Can u cope with the maintenance of the car alone. I will only advise u continue ur job and plan for Uber along the line since u seems to be interested.
There after make it a weekend thing because thats when u make more but weekdays, turnout are low.

1 Like

Re: Do I Need To Quit My Job ? by preshyusufu: 10:18am On Apr 01, 2021
why are people always seeing suicide as option? you must stay alive to overcome your challenges. You and your wife need to sit down and plan your expenses well.
-let your children go to schools you can afford,
-your expenses should not go beyond what you can comfortably afford.
-no let anybody put you under pressure, everybody come this world on his own brother.

na my little advise bi da.
Re: Do I Need To Quit My Job ? by peeps4u: 10:19am On Apr 01, 2021
Unless you fully own the car by yourself, I'm sorry, you might not earn that 85k with hired purchase driving

confirmedniggae:
Good evenning all.

Re: Do I Need To Quit My Job ? by Nobody: 10:19am On Apr 01, 2021
Guy u dey earn 85k sef, i know someone working as cashier and has a family he earns 55k. your own is even better. Uber is better bro, that is if your devoted to it. but if lastma, police, vio or council hol u. Lolz ahhh cry. ontop the lagos bad roads. cry.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

It Is A Fallacy That No Knowledge Is a Wasted one / Unity Bank Sacks 241 Staff Amidst The Current Economic Hardship. / Virgin Atlantic Airline Sacks All Nigerian Cabin Crew

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.