Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,739 members, 7,862,413 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 04:00 PM

I’ve Had My Fair Share Of Controversy – Sanusi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I’ve Had My Fair Share Of Controversy – Sanusi (28704 Views)

Have You Received Your Share Of The Federal Government Grant / I Could Have Asked For My Share Of Fuel Subsidy, But God Forbid — Tinubu / Federal Character: Ugwuanyi Canvasses Fair Share For Enugu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

I’ve Had My Fair Share Of Controversy – Sanusi by dre11(m): 3:20pm On May 23
Alhaji Muhammadu Sanusi II, the 14th Emir of Kano, says he has had his own fair share of controversies.

The revered monarch said this at the ongoing Rivers Economic and Investment Summit ongoing in Port Harcourt.

Sanusi, who was the keynote speaker at the event, said when Governor Siminalayi Fubara invited him, his schedule was tight but he chose to honour the invitation, out of the respect for the governor and the people of Rivers.

When I received the invitation from His Excellency to come and serve as the keynote speaker at the maiden Rivers State Economic and Investment Summit, my diary was filed with a lot of programmes both locally and internationally.”

I also had a bit of apprehension about coming to speak at a public forum such as this. Because sometimes, it doesn’t matter what we say about the problems or truthfulness of the solutions we try to proffer on reconfiguring the economy for the benefit of all. Sometimes misinterpretation and sensationalism become the aftermath of the speech more than the success. I’m sure we all agree that I have had my fair share of controversy.

“This misrepresentation sometimes makes this cause a matter of controversy rather than a solution. However, honour begets honour and I regard the invitation of His Excellency as an absolute honour and thar’s why I am here. Also honouring Rivers State is for me hououring one of my best friends, Herbert Wigwe.”

The monarch commended the Fubara administration for seeking to chart a new path for growth and prosperity.

He said as an oil-rich state, the natural resource was not enough to turn the fortunes of Rivers around but such feat could be achieved through purposeful leadership.

The summit is Sanusi’s first public appearance since the news of the move to reinstate to the throne broke.

Daily Trust had reported how the Kano Assembly repealed the law which ex-Governor Abdullahi Ganduje used to dethrone Sanusi in 2020.

https://dailytrust.com/just-in-ive-had-my-fair-share-of-controversy-sanusi/

21 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I’ve Had My Fair Share Of Controversy – Sanusi by Writervick(m): 3:20pm On May 23
Really

1 Like

Re: I’ve Had My Fair Share Of Controversy – Sanusi by Dreal1247: 3:43pm On May 23
Waiting for the comments from Wike camp.

10 Likes

Re: I’ve Had My Fair Share Of Controversy – Sanusi by Melagros(m): 4:14pm On May 23
COMRADES, I agree with the monarch, what Fubara had just finished dealing with by the grace of God. Sanusi had passed through it sometime ago

16 Likes

Re: I’ve Had My Fair Share Of Controversy – Sanusi by kokoA(m): 4:34pm On May 23
This man really loves his late friend Herbert Wigwe.

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I’ve Had My Fair Share Of Controversy – Sanusi by helinues: 4:36pm On May 23
Abi..

Ganduje, Gantrouble

You dethroned an Emir because he said something you didn't like which are obvious truth.

He his lucky that Apc won the presidency, the way he would have been dragged heh

grin

48 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’ve Had My Fair Share Of Controversy – Sanusi by slivertongue: 5:10pm On May 23
you are a controversial person na!

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I’ve Had My Fair Share Of Controversy – Sanusi by Elzazzi: 5:22pm On May 23
Sanusi has been reinstated as the Emir of Kano.

1 Like

Re: I’ve Had My Fair Share Of Controversy – Sanusi by Runaway: 6:04pm On May 23
Good to know....
Re: I’ve Had My Fair Share Of Controversy – Sanusi by NaijaSumigan: 6:04pm On May 23
Are these all we have to show the world that we are a serious Country. We celebrate useless people who have led this Country no where.

All they do is talk and keep talking nonsense. Is this the best these political fools can offer Nigerians. It's time we start showing these demons that enough is enough.

It shall not be well with every politician that has led Nigeria astray or ever stolen from the Nation Treasury.

5 Likes

Re: I’ve Had My Fair Share Of Controversy – Sanusi by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:04pm On May 23
On this Emir's issue in Kano State....

May Allah's will be done.

God bless Kano State.

God bless Nigeria 🇳🇬

We Rise ✔️

NaijaSumigan:

It shall not be well with every politician that has led Nigeria astray or ever stolen from the Nation Treasury.

AMEN AMEN AMEN

So shall it be and the same fate will also befall their supporters.
They will never know peace all the remaining days of their miserable lives.

No be curse,
Na FACT!

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I’ve Had My Fair Share Of Controversy – Sanusi by DoctorWHYna: 6:05pm On May 23
Elzazzi:
Sanusi has been reinstated as the Emir of Kano.

Yes ooo

Wailing helinues can now lick the balls of gandollar

3 Likes

Re: I’ve Had My Fair Share Of Controversy – Sanusi by GreenxGreen: 6:05pm On May 23
grin
We know 😁
Re: I’ve Had My Fair Share Of Controversy – Sanusi by Eriggs: 6:06pm On May 23
Some idiots wey Kano matter no concern,
Pigs wey no know anything about emir, na dem dey put mouth for dis case since, instead make them face their village wey terrorists dey flog and behead their kings.
Foolish pigs dem.
Re: I’ve Had My Fair Share Of Controversy – Sanusi by YouCantSeeMee: 6:06pm On May 23
Wait let me use earpiece…

Re: I’ve Had My Fair Share Of Controversy – Sanusi by tefishy(m): 6:06pm On May 23
cheesy
Take back your position and marry more wives
Re: I’ve Had My Fair Share Of Controversy – Sanusi by Gkay1(m): 6:06pm On May 23
I'm waiting for Wike wailers to comment on this issue

1 Like

Re: I’ve Had My Fair Share Of Controversy – Sanusi by fredoooooo: 6:06pm On May 23
Power, politics and Emirates... grin cool
That's how you fight for power, accept the decision and fight back ..
Not making unnecessary noises like an empty drum ,or crying everywhere like a lost ghost and bush babies

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’ve Had My Fair Share Of Controversy – Sanusi by grandstar(m): 6:07pm On May 23
He has been disposed. Poor fellow.

All down to politics.
Re: I’ve Had My Fair Share Of Controversy – Sanusi by 4tomandchi: 6:08pm On May 23
Politics is a dirty game if you must take part in it don’t come with clean hands if not they will rubbish you.

1 Like

Re: I’ve Had My Fair Share Of Controversy – Sanusi by PheelzAlmighty: 6:09pm On May 23
Nothing about Nigeria makes sense..

Everyone is waiting, watching, learning how to be FANTASTICALLY corrupt 💔

3 Likes

Re: I’ve Had My Fair Share Of Controversy – Sanusi by wunmi590(m): 6:10pm On May 23

We your fans welcome you back to your home in Kano, where grandollar the mistake of a governor banished you...

It shows your god is really behind you..

Alot of people hate truth in this country, that's why the country is still far far backward...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’ve Had My Fair Share Of Controversy – Sanusi by adioolayi(m): 6:10pm On May 23
I really don't know what Ganduje was thinking...

Political power is transient...it's important one does not allow such power to intoxicate.. because, the power has expiry date...the day you leave office.

Some actions are better left undone.. really.

4 Likes

Re: I’ve Had My Fair Share Of Controversy – Sanusi by Ladiesdoctor(m): 6:10pm On May 23
Kano is a comedy arena

1 Like

Re: I’ve Had My Fair Share Of Controversy – Sanusi by id4sho(m): 6:11pm On May 23
embarassed
Re: I’ve Had My Fair Share Of Controversy – Sanusi by vatiqan(m): 6:11pm On May 23
Just like he said it! It's in public space with a very different caption!
Re: I’ve Had My Fair Share Of Controversy – Sanusi by AcadaWriter: 6:12pm On May 23
Really
Re: I’ve Had My Fair Share Of Controversy – Sanusi by Goodvibes007: 6:13pm On May 23
Okay.
Re: I’ve Had My Fair Share Of Controversy – Sanusi by TallPck1(m): 6:13pm On May 23
The politicians have reduced the emir position to appointment.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Man Holds Umbrella For Dele Momodu & Fan Queries Him For That / Pat Utomi Meets With Pastor Kumuyi (Photos) / Tinubu, Peter Obi Split Anti Atiku Camp

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.