Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,996 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:48 AM

Top Ten Unmasculine Traits Men Need To Unlearn/avoid. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Top Ten Unmasculine Traits Men Need To Unlearn/avoid. (957 Views)

Men Need To Realise That Having Money Doesn't Make Them A Catch. / Some Men Need To Think / 6 Traits Men Want In A Long Term Female Partner (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Top Ten Unmasculine Traits Men Need To Unlearn/avoid. by emmanuel596(m): 7:06pm On Apr 01, 2021
Top ten unmasculine traits men need to unlearn/avoid.

1. Stop complaining: Complaining about a problem is pretty much useless. It doesn't solve the problem and makes everyone within earshot of your venting uncomfortable and exasperated.

Apart from it's non-utility, it magnifies the scope of the problem. When you complain, you give greater importance to a problem than it ordinarily should have. You reinforce the idea that you're powerless to solve it. This is bad for your inner warrior who is emasculated and weakened by your lack of strength.

2. Stop gossiping: We all love drama, “vawulence” and the rest. It's tempting to want to indulge in the latest gist in town but this is not a good for your psyche. It makes you crave shallow, fast-food entertainment which undermines the inner giant in you.

Do you think high value men are busy discussing how Nkechi got pregnant for Emeka? Or how Mama Iyawo is owing Mrs. Idowu or how IK brings different chicks to his pad?

Of course not. They're too busy doing their thing to be perturbed by the inanities of the lives of others. When you indulge in gossip, you make the subjects of your discussion seem larger than they actually are.

This one is particularly hard as most of us lead boring lives and it's okay to fall every now and then but make sure you catch yourself whenever you want to stoop to such level.

To clarify, gossip here doesn't necessarily mean actively talking about others or referencing them in conversations, it simply means indulging in rumours, behind-the-back banter and whispers of scintillating stories. You're bigger than that.

3. Stop gloating: Nothing is more satisfying than “I told you so!”...except it isn't satisfying at all.

Okay. You were right and he or she was wrong. So what? Why are you making a production out of it.?

Or is it that you often find yourself wrong that you have to celebrate the few times you were right? Go figure.

4. Stop being passive-aggressive: Passive aggression is the weakest form of aggression, yet so cruel and devious.

He ate your food. Instead of confronting him and addressing him like man, you wait for him to leave his food for you to eat as pay back? Are you scared of confrontation? Be a man and learn how to address issues head-on without being evasive or passive, it weakens your core.

5. Stop being too available:

“I want to come over”
“sure babe”

“can you meet me at XYZ by ABC?”
“sure b”

“I'm bored”
“Sorry b. Lemme entertain you”

Who can blame you though? You have no purpose or aim. You're just going with the wind and wherever it blows the hardest. Sigh.

6. Stop being too agreeable: Whatever decision is made which involves your well-being, you go along. You have no input, no questions, no misgivings. You rather outsource your decision-making power to another human being.

You believe whatever you're told as long as it's from someone random facebook influencer. Again, sigh.

7. Stop being too conservative: A man is an explorer, an adventurer, a globetrotter. Try as much as possible to be open to new experiences, new ways of doing things, even if they involve a degree of harm or risk — for what is man without risk?

But no. You prefer to do the same things over and over. Go to the same gym. Use the same road, eat the same food, go the same places and you expect to conquer?

8. Stop being another brick in the wall: You have the same tastes as the average population in food, music, movies, girls, clothing, tech, and you want to standout? No way. A square doesn't stand out, an Octagon does.

9. Stop crowdsurfing: You always want to be in the midst of everyone, whether you are the center of the attention or not, you crave crowds and large gatherings. Why? Is it that you cannot bear the crushing silence that comes with solitude and being alone?

Learn to enjoy your company all by yourself. A man at peace with himself, alone, is a man at peace with nature.

10. Stop talking too much: I don't think I have to explain this one. Chances are, if you talk too much, you'll commit most of these blunders as man. Start by curtailing how much you say. Always say less than necessary.

Epilogue: Understand that I am not immune to these things mentioned. I have routinely committed these blunders, as have most of us — and that's okay. Making mistakes is okay.

However, we should try as much as possible to make sure we don't engage in these unmasculine behaviours. Whenever we catch ourselves erring, we need to reframe and pull back.

We are men, let's act like it. Go forth and conquer you king �.

#Emmanuel_kings

2 Likes

Re: Top Ten Unmasculine Traits Men Need To Unlearn/avoid. by Robertgreene1(m): 7:45pm On Apr 01, 2021
dry...
Re: Top Ten Unmasculine Traits Men Need To Unlearn/avoid. by nwaezeemmanuel(m): 7:52pm On Apr 01, 2021
Very useful advice.
Re: Top Ten Unmasculine Traits Men Need To Unlearn/avoid. by Mac47(m): 9:15pm On Apr 01, 2021
Great Advice
Re: Top Ten Unmasculine Traits Men Need To Unlearn/avoid. by Missionaire: 1:40pm On Oct 26, 2022
emmanuel596:
Top ten unmasculine traits men need to unlearn/avoid.

1. Stop complaining: Complaining about a problem is pretty much useless. It doesn't solve the problem and makes everyone within earshot of your venting uncomfortable and exasperated.

Apart from it's non-utility, it magnifies the scope of the problem. When you complain, you give greater importance to a problem than it ordinarily should have. You reinforce the idea that you're powerless to solve it. This is bad for your inner warrior who is emasculated and weakened by your lack of strength.

2. Stop gossiping: We all love drama, “vawulence” and the rest. It's tempting to want to indulge in the latest gist in town but this is not a good for your psyche. It makes you crave shallow, fast-food entertainment which undermines the inner giant in you.

Do you think high value men are busy discussing how Nkechi got pregnant for Emeka? Or how Mama Iyawo is owing Mrs. Idowu or how IK brings different chicks to his pad?

Of course not. They're too busy doing their thing to be perturbed by the inanities of the lives of others. When you indulge in gossip, you make the subjects of your discussion seem larger than they actually are.

This one is particularly hard as most of us lead boring lives and it's okay to fall every now and then but make sure you catch yourself whenever you want to stoop to such level.

To clarify, gossip here doesn't necessarily mean actively talking about others or referencing them in conversations, it simply means indulging in rumours, behind-the-back banter and whispers of scintillating stories. You're bigger than that.

3. Stop gloating: Nothing is more satisfying than “I told you so!”...except it isn't satisfying at all.

Okay. You were right and he or she was wrong. So what? Why are you making a production out of it.?

Or is it that you often find yourself wrong that you have to celebrate the few times you were right? Go figure.

4. Stop being passive-aggressive: Passive aggression is the weakest form of aggression, yet so cruel and devious.

He ate your food. Instead of confronting him and addressing him like man, you wait for him to leave his food for you to eat as pay back? Are you scared of confrontation? Be a man and learn how to address issues head-on without being evasive or passive, it weakens your core.

5. Stop being too available:

“I want to come over”
“sure babe”

“can you meet me at XYZ by ABC?”
“sure b”

“I'm bored”
“Sorry b. Lemme entertain you”

Who can blame you though? You have no purpose or aim. You're just going with the wind and wherever it blows the hardest. Sigh.

6. Stop being too agreeable: Whatever decision is made which involves your well-being, you go along. You have no input, no questions, no misgivings. You rather outsource your decision-making power to another human being.

You believe whatever you're told as long as it's from someone random facebook influencer. Again, sigh.

7. Stop being too conservative: A man is an explorer, an adventurer, a globetrotter. Try as much as possible to be open to new experiences, new ways of doing things, even if they involve a degree of harm or risk — for what is man without risk?

But no. You prefer to do the same things over and over. Go to the same gym. Use the same road, eat the same food, go the same places and you expect to conquer?

8. Stop being another brick in the wall: You have the same tastes as the average population in food, music, movies, girls, clothing, tech, and you want to standout? No way. A square doesn't stand out, an Octagon does.

9. Stop crowdsurfing: You always want to be in the midst of everyone, whether you are the center of the attention or not, you crave crowds and large gatherings. Why? Is it that you cannot bear the crushing silence that comes with solitude and being alone?

Learn to enjoy your company all by yourself. A man at peace with himself, alone, is a man at peace with nature.

10. Stop talking too much: I don't think I have to explain this one. Chances are, if you talk too much, you'll commit most of these blunders as man. Start by curtailing how much you say. Always say less than necessary.

Epilogue: Understand that I am not immune to these things mentioned. I have routinely committed these blunders, as have most of us — and that's okay. Making mistakes is okay.

However, we should try as much as possible to make sure we don't engage in these unmasculine behaviours. Whenever we catch ourselves erring, we need to reframe and pull back.

We are men, let's act like it. Go forth and conquer you king �.

#Emmanuel_kings

(1) (Reply)

I'm In Love With This Girl / Check This Out! / 7 Tips For Every Men To Escape The Downfalls Cause By Poison Between Women's Leg

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.