Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,752 members, 7,831,410 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 06:18 PM

Can U Marry A Man That Is 12yrs Older Than U? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can U Marry A Man That Is 12yrs Older Than U? (9862 Views)

Photos Of A 12yrs Old Girl Getting Married To A 52yrs Old Man Goes Viral / SEE PHOTOS: Lady Gets Married To A 12yrs Old Boy / Ladies, Can U Marry A Man That Is Shorter Than You? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can U Marry A Man That Is 12yrs Older Than U? by wifeypenth(f): 4:06pm On Jul 19, 2007
Age is JUST a number,as long as u both love eachoda!
Re: Can U Marry A Man That Is 12yrs Older Than U? by wifeypenth(f): 4:06pm On Jul 19, 2007
Age is JUST a number,as long as u both love eachoda!
Re: Can U Marry A Man That Is 12yrs Older Than U? by ngojoygurl(f): 4:11pm On Jul 19, 2007
wifeypenth,

yes i know that age is just a number, but somebody told me one day, that am going out with somebody that is old enough to be my father, that's why am worried.
Re: Can U Marry A Man That Is 12yrs Older Than U? by trendy(f): 10:57am On Jul 20, 2007
incase the chat leads to marriage, make una no forget to invite me embarassed
Re: Can U Marry A Man That Is 12yrs Older Than U? by ngojoygurl(f): 12:40pm On Jul 20, 2007
No wahala, we will surly inform u in due time. rice and drinks dey hungry you? longii !!!
Re: Can U Marry A Man That Is 12yrs Older Than U? by ngojoygurl(f): 12:47pm On Jul 20, 2007
No wahala, we will surly inform u in due time. rice and drinks dey hungry you? longii !!!
Re: Can U Marry A Man That Is 12yrs Older Than U? by zignor(m): 1:25pm On Jul 20, 2007
@ngojoygurl. . . . . .dear, can we chat around 4:00pm . . kiss kiss kiss
Re: Can U Marry A Man That Is 12yrs Older Than U? by ngojoygurl(f): 4:45pm On Jul 20, 2007
Zignor,

I have been online since morning.

You are just busy toasting one babe on nairaland, nawa for u o!
Re: Can U Marry A Man That Is 12yrs Older Than U? by trendy(f): 12:50pm On Jul 23, 2007
Yes rice dey hungry me,
so una neva still chat shocked wetin dey delay una
lmfao
Re: Can U Marry A Man That Is 12yrs Older Than U? by ngojoygurl(f): 5:01pm On Jul 23, 2007
trendy,

Girl don't mind him, he just kept me waiting since afternoon.
Re: Can U Marry A Man That Is 12yrs Older Than U? by bebe2007(m): 5:18pm On Jul 23, 2007
The older the wine, the better the taste. If you guys flow, why not. MARRY the guy ok. You love him, dont you? so whats the biggy? you care too much about what pple say, thats a problem for you to address. Follow your heart babes, it will lead you to the right place. Good luck.
Re: Can U Marry A Man That Is 12yrs Older Than U? by ngojoygurl(f): 5:29pm On Jul 23, 2007
bebe2007,

Thanks baby! i consider pple alot but i think is not ought to be that way. I will change and start following my heart.
Re: Can U Marry A Man That Is 12yrs Older Than U? by zignor(m): 9:25am On Jul 24, 2007
@ngojoygurl, . . . Dear, pls don't be angry kiss It wasn't my fault
Re: Can U Marry A Man That Is 12yrs Older Than U? by bebe2007(m): 9:52am On Jul 24, 2007
@poster,

Hey you!! how are we doing today? good you noted that problem. You are definately on your way to changing that. How is the man doing? not to worry he would treat you like a princess, you know, you will get away with alot of things cuz he would attribute them to the fact that you are young. Wouldnt you like that!!!!!!!!! grin grin the advantages of dating an older guy are numerous babes. The major disadvantage is the "been there, done that" attitude they tend to have towards things that you just might be crazy about right now.He definately will not share your craze for say RAP MUSIC, CLUBBING, HANGING IN JOINTS WITH YOUR FRIENDS, GOING SHOPPING FOR CLOTHES, TALKING ABOUT FASHION: WHATS IN WHATS OUT, BOWLING, CINEMA, PARTYING ETC. But if he is patient he just might pay attention to you and all the above but get prepared for him not bothering with those ok. He would most likely not seek your opinion when its time to make important decisions, you have to prove yourself for him to take you seriously.

Above all, it is well ok.
Re: Can U Marry A Man That Is 12yrs Older Than U? by LadyM1: 12:46pm On Jul 24, 2007
Hi everyone,

ngojoygurl, pls d age gap is excellent, u need a man dat can take gud care of u, dat is mature in all ramificatn. 40yrs is jut a number to be frank, u need a man dat knws d worthy of a woman at dat age, gathered enough solid experience of life n is read to settle down 4 gud, properly focus n moreover, sm1 dat has gotten to a level in life dat he will nt compromise God's standard. marrying a man at watever age is nt d main reason or wat to lookout 4, bt d man's believe, passion n standard as a person.

ur little interractn wit zignor i hope he will nt get u confused oh!!! dis little lets chat secretly let it nt lead ot a little confusion to d man dat is seeking ur hand in marriage oooooooooooo.

babe, we need a mature hand to handle us nt a babe-man dat cant read or understand women signs, if u knw wat i mean.

pray seriously concerning d values n nt necessarily d age pls. We re serving a God of d POSSIBILITY. age doesnt count to me, bt dat doesnt mean i shld marry an 80yrs old man anyway.
Re: Can U Marry A Man That Is 12yrs Older Than U? by zignor(m): 1:07pm On Jul 24, 2007
@ladym . . .lmao . . .for your info, age of metusela has nothing to do with solomon wisdom cheesy

in a nutshell, wisdom is better than age cos a fool is a fool no matter the age tongue tongue
Re: Can U Marry A Man That Is 12yrs Older Than U? by ngojoygurl(f): 1:03pm On Jul 27, 2007
Zignor,

Is true!! age has nothing to do with wisdom.
Re: Can U Marry A Man That Is 12yrs Older Than U? by funloving(m): 2:36pm On Jul 27, 2007
I honestly don't think a website or online forum of faceless people is the best place to seek advice concerning something as important as who to marry

@Poster,
You are the one who is going to live with whosoever you chose to marry. We can't really advice you on this. You pray about it, talk to your closest friends and family and above all, if you are deeply convinced that you want to spend the rest of your life with this man, go ahead.

One way to analyse this is: Imagine the man is old, frail and sick. The kids are all gone from the house and you are left alone with him. Will you still be happy to tarry in his presence, love him and care for him ?

Whatever answer you give to this might be a pointer to what you should do ?

For the sake of it, an age gap of 12 years is not really that much, the only snag being that the guy is already 40. That is no longer a young man by any standard
Re: Can U Marry A Man That Is 12yrs Older Than U? by gaupso: 6:17pm On Jul 27, 2007
ooh ooh dat daddy.anywayz i can marry a guy 12 yrs 20 yrs.all join on luv.
Re: Can U Marry A Man That Is 12yrs Older Than U? by Godsgirl(f): 7:28pm On Jul 27, 2007
Ngo-girl--Your posts are just too funny-I think your exchanges with Zignor is just so cute. You both started to go at each other's neck but then quickly became best of acquaintances--I have been laughing the whole time. Thanks for that girl.

Well, to respond to your question , No, I do not personally see anything wrong with marrying a man 12 y older than you are. I personally just responded to a different thread saying that I desired to marry someone at least 10 years older than me and not more than 12, I think 15 year gap is fine for you if that is want you desire. I think older men are adorable; Not for what they have to offer because I enjoying giving rather than receiving anyway. I hate to ask or borrow things, I enjoy gifts from the heart. I definately would be turned off if I knew the older man was trying to buy my love because I am priceless  wink. Moreover, I am a daddy's girl so the more he reminds me of my dad, the better, He can sit me on his lap and whisper sweet nothings in my ear  wink.awww, My sweet old man Moses.

Agape!
Re: Can U Marry A Man That Is 12yrs Older Than U? by Chiori(m): 7:33pm On Jul 27, 2007
There's nothing wrong in marrying a man older than you by any number of years. All needed is that you love and respect him, and he be ready to do same, and treat you as an equal to him.
Re: Can U Marry A Man That Is 12yrs Older Than U? by Boondoggle(m): 11:12pm On Jul 27, 2007
Godsgirl:

Ngo-girl--Your posts are just too funny-I think your exchanges with Zignor is just so cute. You both started to go at each other's neck but then quickly became best of acquaintances--I have been laughing the whole time. Thanks for that girl.

Well, to respond to your question , No, I do not personally see anything wrong with marrying a man 12 y older than you are. I personally just responded to a different thread saying that I desired to marry someone at least 10 years older than me and not more than 12, I think 15 year gap is fine for you if that is want you desire. I think older men are adorable; Not for what they have to offer because I enjoying giving rather than receiving anyway. I hate to ask or borrow things, I enjoy gifts from the heart. I definately would be turned off if I knew the older man was trying to buy my love because I am priceless  wink. Moreover, I am a daddy's girl so the more he reminds me of my dad, the better, He can sit me on his lap and whisper sweet nothings in my ear  wink.awww, My sweet old man Moses.

Agape!

How old are you self? that you are desiring to marry  a "daddy's" size
grin grin grin
Re: Can U Marry A Man That Is 12yrs Older Than U? by bazii80(f): 11:51pm On Jul 27, 2007
Love is all that matters, so what has age got to do with it? As far as yours truly is concerned the older, the better.
So girl, follow your heart. You deserve to be happy.
One thing: don't do it cos of pressure, and don't do it out of pity.
Goodluck and invite us to the wedding!
Guys, what do you think?
Re: Can U Marry A Man That Is 12yrs Older Than U? by Godsgirl(f): 5:03am On Jul 28, 2007
@ Boondoggle
Young enough to be his lolita,  wink yeah I said it. (eat your heart out wink)
Re: Can U Marry A Man That Is 12yrs Older Than U? by Boondoggle(m): 3:22pm On Jul 28, 2007
@ Godsgirl,

Starting from your name to your posts (which I've been quietly following), you are kinda different and unique tongue; something keeps striking me in your posts. I will like to know u a bit better wink - no strings or ropes attached o! grin grin grin My addy is in my profile, can we chat sometime
Re: Can U Marry A Man That Is 12yrs Older Than U? by simplyme3(f): 3:22pm On Jul 28, 2007
we dont look at age these days - we check something else. wink grin tongue
Re: Can U Marry A Man That Is 12yrs Older Than U? by Godsgirl(f): 3:25pm On Jul 28, 2007
Quietly following? I'm flattered, wink thanks hon,
Re: Can U Marry A Man That Is 12yrs Older Than U? by Boondoggle(m): 3:36pm On Jul 28, 2007
@ poster,

It is a good thing to for the guy to be older than his babe but the age different should not be too wide. 15yrs sounds like a difference of one full generation!Would you folks understand one another as per old school grin and new schoool wink Take your time before you take the plunge! cool
Re: Can U Marry A Man That Is 12yrs Older Than U? by hollys(f): 3:40pm On Jul 28, 2007
hi, of course u can marry him if u really love and he loves you too.Hope it is the real thig for him as well,we wouldnt want him to go looking for another 25 year old in the next 8 years would we?  undecided ;Dso sweetie just be sure of your true feelings then plunge in.Good luck! And enjoy ur friendship with Zignor grin
Re: Can U Marry A Man That Is 12yrs Older Than U? by Boondoggle(m): 3:40pm On Jul 28, 2007
Godsgirl:

Quietly following? I'm flattered, wink thanks hon,

Gold fish has no hiding place . . . .but only for the discerning! wink
Re: Can U Marry A Man That Is 12yrs Older Than U? by Boondoggle(m): 3:43pm On Jul 28, 2007
hollys:

hi, of course u can marry him if u really love and he loves you too.Hope it is the real thig for him as well,we wouldnt want him to go looking for another 25 year old in the next 8 years would we? undecided ;Dso sweetie just be sure of your true feelings then plunge in.Good luck! And enjoy your friendship with Zignor grin

Friendship with Zignor Ok o! Me, am waiting for the surprise jare . , . tongue tongue grin

@ Zignor,

Please don't relax your aggressiveness!!! lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Can U Marry A Man That Is 12yrs Older Than U? by missojugo(f): 3:52pm On Jul 28, 2007
Depends,  How old are u If you are 22 and he is 34 then ride on girl !!! But if you are 32 and he is 44 May God help you! undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Meeting The Right Person At The Wrong Time / An S S 2 Student Is In Love With His Teacher / Will You Stay Away From Sex For Life If Given N2b ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.