Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,950 members, 7,814,226 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:20 AM

Now That Gej Has Won, Can You Predict What Will Happen In The Next 4 Years - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Now That Gej Has Won, Can You Predict What Will Happen In The Next 4 Years (1850 Views)

Another Proof That GEJ Purchased Arms For The Nigerian Military (pics) / Nightmares On Benin-ore Road Before Goodluck's Tenure; See What GEJ Has Done! / Things That GEJ Has Done In Your City/state In 2 Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Now That Gej Has Won, Can You Predict What Will Happen In The Next 4 Years by OAM4J: 8:32pm On Apr 17, 2011
[size=13pt]Now that GEJ has won, can you predict what will happen in the next 4 years[/size]

Well the presidential election has come and gone, despite the riggings here and there, I think the result reflects the true wishes of majority of Nigerians. The Minority have had their say and majority have their way. This is what democracy is all about. I congratulate Lucky Jonathan and his supporters. cool

I think it was Aldous Huxley that said "Each country gets the leader it deserves” I believe Nigeria deserve Goodluck Jonathan. Whether for the right or for the wrong reasons, time will tell.

Now that we know who the next president is, can you predict what will happen in the next 4years.
Re: Now That Gej Has Won, Can You Predict What Will Happen In The Next 4 Years by werepeLeri: 8:35pm On Apr 17, 2011
it will be bad belle on NairaLand and SaharaReporters for the next 4 years.
Re: Now That Gej Has Won, Can You Predict What Will Happen In The Next 4 Years by OAM4J: 8:38pm On Apr 17, 2011
^That is good for the polity, we need opposition. Like an adage says in my region; "We all cannot sleep and face the same direction."
Re: Now That Gej Has Won, Can You Predict What Will Happen In The Next 4 Years by Kobojunkie: 8:39pm On Apr 17, 2011
At this point, I think it is safe to conclude that we will probably not get better Government in a long while to come. Problem is, with every 4 years we allow go to waste, millions of Nigerian children will have their lives truncated -- their future squandered, and their hopes dashed. Rather than sitting back for another 4 years, maybe we should each look for more ways of ensuring those in Government start working for us, rather than continue to work against us and our hopes.
Re: Now That Gej Has Won, Can You Predict What Will Happen In The Next 4 Years by 190: 8:42pm On Apr 17, 2011
Mukina please lock this OAM4J rascratt thread

It absoutely makes no sense and its degrading and racist in nature

U know i dont like him undecided
Re: Now That Gej Has Won, Can You Predict What Will Happen In The Next 4 Years by werepeLeri: 8:46pm On Apr 17, 2011
Kobojunkie:

At this point, I think it is safe to conclude that we will probably not get better Government in a long while to come. Problem is, with every 4 years we allow go to waste, millions of Nigerian children will have their lives truncated -- their future squandered, and their hopes dashed. Rather than sitting back for another 4 years, maybe we should each look for more ways of ensuring those in Government start working for us, rather than continue to work against us and our hopes.

The entire 150million Nigerian people would have been surprised if anything better than these had come out from your ugly mouth. The same people whose future you are saying will be truncated because they voted GEJ knew what they were doing when they went to the polls to vote for GEJ. Abeg.
Re: Now That Gej Has Won, Can You Predict What Will Happen In The Next 4 Years by werepeLeri: 8:47pm On Apr 17, 2011
190:

Mukina please lock this OAM4J rascratt thread

It absoutely makes no sense and its degrading and racist in nature

U know i dont like him undecided

Who cares?
Re: Now That Gej Has Won, Can You Predict What Will Happen In The Next 4 Years by Nobody: 8:47pm On Apr 17, 2011
I dont see GEJ doing much for Nigeria. I am really disappointed by the result. From what GEJ has done/ how much money he had foolishly spent in his lil time, I feel sorry for Ngeria.

However, I'm delighted by last week's result. We voted out PDP in the SW level, even tho one or two state were happy with their PDP members, no problem. Now just cant wait for the govenor's election, right?

1. Bankole is out
2. Iyabo is out
3. Segun Oni is out
4. Oyinlola is out

Now we need to weed out incompetent governors. . . .  esp Alao-Akala.
Re: Now That Gej Has Won, Can You Predict What Will Happen In The Next 4 Years by Odunnu: 8:50pm On Apr 17, 2011
I forsee (not hope) a better Nigeria. What with the varied make up of the N/assembly, they'l literally place him on the hotseat. Hopefully it'l turn out for good.
Re: Now That Gej Has Won, Can You Predict What Will Happen In The Next 4 Years by werepeLeri: 8:50pm On Apr 17, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

I dont see GEJ doing much for Nigeria. I am really disappointed by the result. From what GEJ has done/ how much money he had foolishly spent in his lil time, I feel sorry for Ngeria.

However, I'm delighted by last week's result. We voted out PDP in the SW level, even tho one or two state were happy with their PDP members, no problem. Now just cant wait for the govenor's election, right?

1. Bankole is out
2. Iyabo is out
3. Segun Oni is out
4. Oyinlola is out

Please head up to Daura and weep for Buhari. He needs people like you to weep for him.

Your opinion matters less. The people have decided. Disappointed? Who u be?
Re: Now That Gej Has Won, Can You Predict What Will Happen In The Next 4 Years by Kobojunkie: 8:52pm On Apr 17, 2011
Odunnu:

I forsee (not hope) a better Nigeria. What with the varied make up of the N/assembly, they'l  literally place him on the hotseat. Hopefully it'l turn out for good.

You foresee the legislators to become babysitters for the executive arm?? Is this the part we need them to play now in our democracy? ROFLMAO!!
Re: Now That Gej Has Won, Can You Predict What Will Happen In The Next 4 Years by OAM4J: 8:56pm On Apr 17, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

1. Bankole is out
2. Iyabo is out
3. Segun Oni is out
4. Oyinlola is out

Dont be surprised to find some of them as Ministers, Ambassadors, Board Chairmen etc

werepeLeri:

Please head up to Daura and weep for Buhari. He needs people like you to weep for him.

Your opinion matters less. The people have decided. Disappointed? Who u be?

Why dont you make your own positive predictions and rather than criticizing others' predictions. . . We all must not see the same thing
Re: Now That Gej Has Won, Can You Predict What Will Happen In The Next 4 Years by OAM4J: 9:01pm On Apr 17, 2011
Odunnu:

I forsee (not hope) a better Nigeria. What with the varied make up of the N/assembly, they'l  literally place him on the hotseat. Hopefully it'l turn out for good.

Good cool So you think he will need to be put on hot seat by the N/Assembly for him to perform? Any more specific predictions? I'll really love to read more from you, beaf, Paddy-lo, Seun and others then bookmark this thread.
Re: Now That Gej Has Won, Can You Predict What Will Happen In The Next 4 Years by Nobody: 9:06pm On Apr 17, 2011
i predict a thuggish police state in which opposition will be framed on charges of treason

i predict severe depletion of our foreig reserves with nothing to show for it

i predict nass salary that will make the current salary look like chicken change

i predict a resurgent mend and boko haram and more prayers

i predict that the gej apologists will tell us in 4 years that gej needs more time to consolidate
Re: Now That Gej Has Won, Can You Predict What Will Happen In The Next 4 Years by MaiSuya(m): 9:21pm On Apr 17, 2011
I wish I could be optimistic about the next four years, I just wish. sad
Re: Now That Gej Has Won, Can You Predict What Will Happen In The Next 4 Years by jamace(m): 9:39pm On Apr 17, 2011
I believe good things which have begun in his one year of leadership will be consolidated upon. I see  GEJ turning things around for the better. I see a newborn Nigeria. I see leaders at all levels providing dividends of democracy for their subjects. I see acountability and national consciousness in governance.

My only plea to anti-GEJ NL is that they should speak more of GEJ as a President instead of as a member of PDP.

Welcome to a New Nigeria and Good Luck to us all.
Re: Now That Gej Has Won, Can You Predict What Will Happen In The Next 4 Years by werepeLeri: 9:46pm On Apr 17, 2011
WHY do these people keep thinking their will is better than the collective will of over 20 million Nigerians who voted for GEJ/PDP?
Re: Now That Gej Has Won, Can You Predict What Will Happen In The Next 4 Years by Kobojunkie: 9:49pm On Apr 17, 2011
I can't wait for him to declare his assets. Only wish he would sign FOI before then so we can do our own bit of research to be sure of where the numbers to be provided comes from. grin
Re: Now That Gej Has Won, Can You Predict What Will Happen In The Next 4 Years by OAM4J: 9:50pm On Apr 17, 2011
jamace:

I believe good things which have begun in his one year of leadership will be consolidated upon. I see  GEJ turning things around for the better. I see a newborn Nigeria. I see leaders at all levels providing dividends of democracy for their subjects. I see acountability and national consciousness in governance.

My only plea to anti-GEJ NL is that they should speak more of GEJ as a President instead of as a member of PDP.

I hope your predictions come true. Even though I dont want this thread derailed, can you please explain the the bold. I have heard people say it many times; "we are supporting GEJ and not PDP", but I wonder what is the difference, because a vote for GEJ is a vote for PDP. Are you saying PDP will not have any influence in GEJ administration?
Re: Now That Gej Has Won, Can You Predict What Will Happen In The Next 4 Years by pluto04(m): 9:53pm On Apr 17, 2011
I predict that the next four years will be like the last 1 year X 4 cheesy
Re: Now That Gej Has Won, Can You Predict What Will Happen In The Next 4 Years by Kobojunkie: 9:53pm On Apr 17, 2011
pluto04:

I predict that the next four years will be like the last 1 year X 4 cheesy

Oh please no . . . I would rather have the yar adua years . . . ROFLMAO!!!
Re: Now That Gej Has Won, Can You Predict What Will Happen In The Next 4 Years by OAM4J: 9:54pm On Apr 17, 2011
Kobojunkie:

I can't wait for him to declare his assets. Only wish he would sign FOI before then so we can do our own bit of research to be sure of where the numbers to be provided comes from.  grin

You are expecting too much. I predict he will not declare his assets publicly and he will not sign any FOI bill.
Re: Now That Gej Has Won, Can You Predict What Will Happen In The Next 4 Years by Beaf: 9:54pm On Apr 17, 2011
To hell with all who fall within the group of those that can be described as haters, bigots, fools or the "willingly ignorant."
Despite you, Nigeria looked the cabal in the eye and voted GEJ. cool

Nigeria has taken a massive step forward. I see the next four years as a period in which mafia's, hegemonies and cabals will be humbled by proper organisation, civilisation and rule of law.

I see a period in which Nigeria will begin building the strong instituitions that are necessary for the country to take off developmentally. The first of such instituitions (INEC), has already been built, and what a result it has produced!!

The future promises that the brute who stands in the middle of the road declaring, "do you know who I am?" will become a kisser of babies and helper of the weak. Yes, they will get that result from the cool ways of Jonathan; who will show by example that whereas diplomacy is a healing sword, brutishness consumes all.

With the massive empowerment of the private sector, Nigeria will explode economically.
Re: Now That Gej Has Won, Can You Predict What Will Happen In The Next 4 Years by Kobojunkie: 9:56pm On Apr 17, 2011
OAM4J:

You are expecting too much. I predict he will not declare his assets publicly and he will not sign any FOI bill.
cry cry embarassed embarassed embarassed Please allow me believe that in a couple of weeks FOI will be signed . . . I so want that thing signed  . . . think of the opportunities . . . the wikileaking that needs to be done . . . . the millions of dollars to be made . . . we need to pray!   cry cry cry
Re: Now That Gej Has Won, Can You Predict What Will Happen In The Next 4 Years by ayinba1(f): 9:58pm On Apr 17, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

1. Bankole is out
2. Iyabo is out
3. Segun Oni is out
4. Oyinlola is out

Bolded part - You wish and really you know better. They will be ministers, special advisers etc etc.

jamace:

I believe good things which have begun in his one year of leadership will be consolidated upon. I see  GEJ turning things around for the better. I see a newborn Nigeria. I see leaders at all levels providing dividends of democracy for their subjects. I see acountability and national consciousness in governance.

It doesn't matter how we speak of him, put lipstick on a pig, it remains one.

My prediction is more of a question? Now that Jo boy has squandered every known reserve that we have, what comes next??

Borrowing?? Will the people of Nigeria say No to borrowing or just be quiet as everyone and their future generation is sold into slavery?

I had hoped for the sake of Nigeria and the African Continent that a better leader would emerge but I guess it was not meant to be. Let us see how much more suffering the peolpe can take before a revolution of some sort can occur.
Re: Now That Gej Has Won, Can You Predict What Will Happen In The Next 4 Years by Nobody: 10:03pm On Apr 17, 2011
Kobojunkie:

cry cry embarassed embarassed embarassed Please allow me believe that in a couple of weeks FOI will be signed . . . I so want that thing signed  . . . think of the opportunities . . . the wikileaking that needs to be done . . . . the millions of dollars to be made . . . we need to pray!   cry cry cry

the FOI bill is dead. i actually expected that it would be passed as a last minute election gimmick - now like so many other things, it will be trotted out in march 2015 , along with the trains and the power roadmap
Re: Now That Gej Has Won, Can You Predict What Will Happen In The Next 4 Years by OAM4J: 10:06pm On Apr 17, 2011
Beaf:

To hell with all who fall within the group of those that can be described as haters, bigots, fools or the "willingly ignorant."
Despite you, Nigeria looked the cabal in the eye and voted GEJ. cool

Nigeria has taken a massive step forward. I see the next four years as a period in which mafia's, hegemonies and cabals will be humbled by proper organisation, civilisation and rule of law.

I see a period in which Nigeria will begin building the strong instituitions that are necessary for the country to take off developmentally. The first of such instituitions (INEC), has already been built, and what a result it has produced!!

The future promises that the brute who stands in the middle of the road declaring, "do you know who I am?" will become a kisser of babies and helper of the weak. Yes, they will get that result from the cool ways of Jonathan; who will show by example that whereas diplomacy is a healing sword, brutishness consumes all.

With the massive empowerment of the private sector, Nigeria will explode economically.

Booked!

The elections has come and gone and your candidate has won. you should be building bridges and not calling oppositions haters, bigots, fools and "willingly ignorant.". GEJ will be the president of Nigeria and not the president of the '22millions' that voted for him. So have tolerance for the opposition, besides it is good for the GEJ, it is good for the polity to have opposition.

That said. . . can you give more specific predictions? Give hope to the hopeless and reasons for those who despair to smile even if it doesn't happen eventually.
Re: Now That Gej Has Won, Can You Predict What Will Happen In The Next 4 Years by Rhino5dm: 10:06pm On Apr 17, 2011
I didn't vote for GEJ because i hate PDP. Though, love him so much.

Plain negation of the brainless phrase

" i voted for GEJ not PDP"
" i voted KGB not Russia'
"i voted for CIA not US.
Re: Now That Gej Has Won, Can You Predict What Will Happen In The Next 4 Years by Nobody: 10:11pm On Apr 17, 2011
@OAMJ4/ Ayinba

you really think so?
Re: Now That Gej Has Won, Can You Predict What Will Happen In The Next 4 Years by Jenifa1: 10:23pm On Apr 17, 2011
GEJ seem to me to be a puppet in every sense of the word. def. not a leader. PDP's puppet, Obama's puppet etc

I predict four yrs of this:

US govt: goodluck, you need to devalue your currency
GEJ: Master, your wish is my command.
US govt: I think al qaeda is behind the bomb blast, let us send our people into your country to check it out
US govt: goodluck, you must listen to everything we say. sell us your oil for free

I forsee (not hope) a better Nigeria. What with the varied make up of the N/assembly, they'l literally place him on the hotseat. Hopefully it'l turn out for good.

I truly hope so.
Re: Now That Gej Has Won, Can You Predict What Will Happen In The Next 4 Years by Jenifa1: 10:30pm On Apr 17, 2011
GEJ has been a western puppet since day 1. Even yaradua refused to sign Africom but GEJ jumped on it like a blind fool. I wonder what d next 4 yrs will be like
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-424925.0.html

http://salsa.democracyinaction.org/o/1552/t/5717/signUp.jsp?key=3094
Re: Now That Gej Has Won, Can You Predict What Will Happen In The Next 4 Years by jensinmi(m): 10:30pm On Apr 17, 2011
@Kobojunkie, Ileke Idi, and pluto04

Here are my permutations for the next series of four years - 2015, 2019.

A Buhari victory would have seen an intense war on corruption that would have brought in the likes of Pat Utomi and Nasir El Rufai into government as ministers. This would have cleared the way for Fashola, Utomi, El Rufai and those like them to run in 2015.

I have really been hoping that Fashola or Utomi would be a serious contender for 2015.

With Goodluck Jonathan's impending victory, however, I can say with 100% certainty based on the degree of desperation with which he pursued this candidacy that Goodluck Jonathan will contest again in 2015. He will be willing to move heaven and earth to make sure he remains in that position. I am also afraid that come 2019, he will push for a 3rd term presidency. This man has shown that he is extremely desperate to stay in power. Let us not forget that OBJ is the only democratic president in the 4th republic to relinquish power and that was after a long protracted battle for a 3rd term.

Now, regarding 2015 election. SW will vote for Fashola if he contests. SS will again vote for Jonathan irrespective of his performance. Shekerau will run in the North and will receive support from his people. Goodluck Jonathan will once again employ the Nation's treasury to ensure that the other zones (SE and NC) do not vote for any of the other candidates. All in All, Nigerians will once again "fall maga".

Best case scenario for 2019 is that GEJ's third term bid fails. We can then expect Sambo to jump in for his own 8 years. After all, he wouldn't allow anyone to chance him.

(1) (2) (Reply)

africa, the cursed land. / Was FESTAC ’77 The Problem Of Nigeria Spiritually? / Lies Achebe Told About The Civil War, By Gen. Alabi Isama

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.