Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,297 members, 7,836,297 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:37 AM

Now That Gej Has Won, Can You Predict What Will Happen In The Next 4 Years - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Now That Gej Has Won, Can You Predict What Will Happen In The Next 4 Years (1859 Views)

Another Proof That GEJ Purchased Arms For The Nigerian Military (pics) / Nightmares On Benin-ore Road Before Goodluck's Tenure; See What GEJ Has Done! / Things That GEJ Has Done In Your City/state In 2 Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Now That Gej Has Won, Can You Predict What Will Happen In The Next 4 Years by ektbear: 10:34pm On Apr 17, 2011
^- I doubt Fashola contests in 2015 unless something radically changes. His best bet imo is to go into the Senate, wait for a better time.
Re: Now That Gej Has Won, Can You Predict What Will Happen In The Next 4 Years by werepeLeri: 10:37pm On Apr 17, 2011
I expect in the next one week, a lot of haters will be silence because they would have eaten poison because GEJ won and some of them would have committed suicide because GEJ won contrary to their expectation and a lot of them will ROFMALAO themselves to their destruction. To hell with you and what you think.
Re: Now That Gej Has Won, Can You Predict What Will Happen In The Next 4 Years by jensinmi(m): 10:40pm On Apr 17, 2011
ekt_bear:

^- I doubt Fashola contests in 2015 unless something radically changes. His best bet imo is to go into the Senate, wait for a better time.

@ekt bear:

When would you suggest he runs then?? When all his achievements have all but faded into the memory of Nigeria's "short- termed memory" population, or when all his achievements have had time to be bastardized by those who take his position afterwards
Re: Now That Gej Has Won, Can You Predict What Will Happen In The Next 4 Years by Jenifa1: 10:41pm On Apr 17, 2011
ekt_bear:

I really hope he does.
Re: Now That Gej Has Won, Can You Predict What Will Happen In The Next 4 Years by Kobojunkie: 10:41pm On Apr 17, 2011
jensinmi:

With Goodluck Jonathan's impending victory, however, I can say with 100% certainty based on the degree of desperation with which he pursued this candidacy that Goodluck Jonathan will contest again in 2015. He will be willing to move heaven and earth to make sure he remains in that position. I am also afraid that come 2019, he will push for a 3rd term presidency.
I doubt the Northerners will sit by and let this happen. Obasanjo renegged on his Zoning stance -- he said it is very much alive within the PDP.
Re: Now That Gej Has Won, Can You Predict What Will Happen In The Next 4 Years by OAM4J: 10:43pm On Apr 17, 2011
jensinmi:

@Kobojunkie, Ileke Idi, and pluto04

Here are my permutations for the next series of four years - 2015, 2019.

A Buhari victory would have seen an intense war on corruption that would have brought in the likes of Pat Utomi and Nasir El Rufai into government as ministers. This would have cleared the way for Fashola, Utomi, El Rufai and those like them to run in 2015.

I have really been hoping that Fashola or Utomi would be a serious contender for 2015.

With Goodluck Jonathan's impending victory, however, I can say with 100% certainty based on the degree of desperation with which he pursued this candidacy that Goodluck Jonathan will contest again in 2015. He will be willing to move heaven and earth to make sure he remains in that position. I am also afraid that come 2019, he will push for a 3rd term presidency. This man has shown that he is extremely desperate to stay in power. Let us not forget that OBJ is the only democratic president in the 4th republic to relinquish power and that was after a long protracted battle for a 3rd term.

Now, regarding 2015 election. SW will vote for Fashola if he contests. SS will again vote for Jonathan irrespective of his performance. Shekerau will run in the North and will receive support from his people. Goodluck Jonathan will once again employ the Nation's treasury to ensure that the other zones (SE and NC) do not vote for any of the other candidates. All in All, Nigerians will once again fall "maga".

Best case scenario for 2019 is that GEJ's third term bid fails. We can then expect Sambo to jump in for his own 8 years. After all, he wouldn't allow anyone to chance him.

I doubt Jonathan will contest and win in 2015. If he does it will be at the cost of breaking the nation into fragments, which should be good in itself except that the separation might not go well without the loss of many lives.

ekt_bear:

Right. It doesn't look so feasible, the North will feel more cheated to have a Southern president again in 2015. May be 2023, but again it should be Igbo's turn by then, except the opposition has grown bigger to wrestle power from PDP turn-by-turn zoning.
Re: Now That Gej Has Won, Can You Predict What Will Happen In The Next 4 Years by Pharoh: 10:46pm On Apr 17, 2011
I see a progressed and developed nigeria.
Re: Now That Gej Has Won, Can You Predict What Will Happen In The Next 4 Years by Nobody: 10:48pm On Apr 17, 2011
jensinmi:

@Kobojunkie, Ileke Idi, and pluto04

Here are my permutations for the next series of four years - 2015, 2019.

A Buhari victory would have seen an intense war on corruption that would have brought in the likes of Pat Utomi and Nasir El Rufai into government as ministers. This would have cleared the way for Fashola, Utomi, El Rufai and those like them to run in 2015.

I have really been hoping that Fashola or Utomi would be a serious contender for 2015.

With Goodluck Jonathan's impending victory, however, I can say with 100% certainty based on the degree of desperation with which he pursued this candidacy that Goodluck Jonathan will contest again in 2015. He will be willing to move heaven and earth to make sure he remains in that position. I am also afraid that come 2019, he will push for a 3rd term presidency. This man has shown that he is extremely desperate to stay in power. Let us not forget that OBJ is the only democratic president in the 4th republic to relinquish power and that was after a long protracted battle for a 3rd term.

Now, regarding 2015 election. SW will vote for Fashola if he contests. SS will again vote for Jonathan irrespective of his performance. Shekerau will run in the North and will receive support from his people. Goodluck Jonathan will once again employ the Nation's treasury to ensure that the other zones (SE and NC) do not vote for any of the other candidates. All in All, Nigerians will once again "fall maga".

Best case scenario for 2019 is that GEJ's third term bid fails. We can then expect Sambo to jump in for his own 8 years. After all, he wouldn't allow anyone to chance him.

By what I'm seeing, Utomi will not be getting anything come 2015. He might get the SE/ some SS votes, but not the SW/N/ MB. None of those regions even take his political stand seriously. He has not put himself out there.

Fashola on the other hand is well respected across Nigeria. He has a better chance.

Like someone said, GEJ would likely not be campaigning come 2015. The SE region that voted massively for him are hoping on 2015.
Re: Now That Gej Has Won, Can You Predict What Will Happen In The Next 4 Years by ektbear: 10:50pm On Apr 17, 2011
People vote primarily on region/religion/ethnicity in Nigeria. No matter how good his accomplishments, Fashola will not be able to win in 2015 because he won't be able to secure a large enough fraction of core North votes.

Competency isn't enough. . . you need tribal alliances. Or the inducements that the PDP/FG machinery can provide. Fashola has neither. . . I don't think giving VP to a northerner will be enough to command their block votes.
Re: Now That Gej Has Won, Can You Predict What Will Happen In The Next 4 Years by EzeUche2(m): 10:51pm On Apr 17, 2011
People forget another PDP shining star.

Amaechi has widespread appeal and would most likely sweep the SE/SS and the Middle Belt. cool

Remember he is not Igbo, he is Ikwerre. grin
Re: Now That Gej Has Won, Can You Predict What Will Happen In The Next 4 Years by ayinba1(f): 10:55pm On Apr 17, 2011
Jenifa_:

GEJ seem to me to be a puppet in every sense of the word. def. not a leader. PDP's puppet, Obama's puppet etc

I predict four yrs of this:

US govt: goodluck, you need to devalue your currency
GEJ: Master, your wish is my command.
US govt: I think al qaeda is behind the bomb blast, let us send our people into your country to check it out
US govt: goodluck, you must listen to everything we say. sell us your oil for free

I truly hope so.

Golden.

OMG, Jo Boy don sign Africom??. I dey float o!!!
Re: Now That Gej Has Won, Can You Predict What Will Happen In The Next 4 Years by otokx(m): 10:56pm On Apr 17, 2011
rumor has it that amaechi has been sold out in rivers but its predicted that goodluck will be re -elected in 2015.
Re: Now That Gej Has Won, Can You Predict What Will Happen In The Next 4 Years by ektbear: 10:58pm On Apr 17, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

Like someone said, GEJ would likely not be campaigning come 2015. The SE region that voted massively for him are hoping on 2015.
And who told you he won't run again? Why won't he? What prevents him from doing so and winning?
Re: Now That Gej Has Won, Can You Predict What Will Happen In The Next 4 Years by OAM4J: 11:01pm On Apr 17, 2011
EzeUche_:

People forget another PDP shining star.

Amaechi has widespread appeal and would most likely sweep the SE/SS and the Middle Belt. cool

Remember he is not Igbo, he is Ikwerre.  grin

Whether na Ikwerre or Ijaw or Itsekri or Igbo or Yoruba; nothing for the South in 2015, mark my words, except Nigeria breaks.

I am hoping people like Sanusi or El Rufai will come forward by then.
Re: Now That Gej Has Won, Can You Predict What Will Happen In The Next 4 Years by OAM4J: 11:05pm On Apr 17, 2011
ekt_bear:

And who told you he won't run again? Why won't he? What prevents him from doing so and winning?

He gave his words openly to the North many times during campaign that he will only run for a single term to complete Yaradua/GEJ ticket.

But then he is human and a Nigerian, he can change his mind and go back on his words.
Re: Now That Gej Has Won, Can You Predict What Will Happen In The Next 4 Years by jason123: 11:05pm On Apr 17, 2011
Some of you guys are really annoying me. Have you forgotten that there is NO ZONING? What sort of double talk is this? NO TO ZONING BUT YES TO MERIT!!! COME 2015 FASHOLA/AMECHI TICKET OR NO NIGERIA
Re: Now That Gej Has Won, Can You Predict What Will Happen In The Next 4 Years by Kobojunkie: 11:07pm On Apr 17, 2011
jason123:

Some of you guys are really annoying me. Have you forgotten that there is NO ZONING? What sort of double talk is this? NO TO ZONING BUT YES TO MERIT!!! COME 2015 FASHOLA/AMECHI TICKET OR NO NIGERIA

Maybe instead of getting all worked up for nothing, you learn instead to ask questions to help you better understand what was posted.
Re: Now That Gej Has Won, Can You Predict What Will Happen In The Next 4 Years by ektbear: 11:09pm On Apr 17, 2011
OAM4J:

He gave his words openly to the North many times during campaign that he will only run for a single term to complete Yaradua/GEJ ticket.

But then he is human and a Nigerian, he can change his mind and go back on his words.

I'm pretty skeptical, dude.

Guy: "We are only going to kiss and cuddle a bit, nothing more than that!"
Girl: "OK."

You know what happens next  tongue
Re: Now That Gej Has Won, Can You Predict What Will Happen In The Next 4 Years by OAM4J: 11:17pm On Apr 17, 2011
^^hahahaha lol  grin Dapo so you are a good player grin

Anyway GEJ will play that game at big price.

jason123:

Sorry, am not an advocate of zoning. But fact is; a large percentage of Nigerians are not ready to elect on merit. Besides PDP has announced at their last campaign in Abuja that zoning continues. Direct your annoyance to PDP, GEJ and OBJ.
Re: Now That Gej Has Won, Can You Predict What Will Happen In The Next 4 Years by soldee: 11:29pm On Apr 17, 2011
Let's predict the next four months. What is GEJ's past record in rewarding loyalty and who do you think will get what?
Re: Now That Gej Has Won, Can You Predict What Will Happen In The Next 4 Years by Nobody: 11:33pm On Apr 17, 2011
ekt_bear:

And who would vote for him after he promised the SE 2015?
Re: Now That Gej Has Won, Can You Predict What Will Happen In The Next 4 Years by werepeLeri: 11:45pm On Apr 17, 2011
frustrated losers
Re: Now That Gej Has Won, Can You Predict What Will Happen In The Next 4 Years by ektbear: 11:47pm On Apr 17, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

And who would vote for him after he promised the SE 2015?

People promise lots of things. Question is, what leverage do you have to make 'em keep their promises?  grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Spirit That Kept Biafra Going - Ojukwu (video) / The Northern Oligarchy Are Preparing To 'aguyi-ironsi' Goodluck Johnathan / President Goodluck Jonathan And Failed Promises

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.