Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,214 members, 7,818,728 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:08 PM

Your Body Is The Temple Of The Holy Spirit - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Your Body Is The Temple Of The Holy Spirit (1106 Views)

How The Israelites Of Old Desecrated The Temple Of YHVH Almighty. / The Temple of YHVH Almighty / Temple Of The Most High God Ogun: Satan Is ‘Brother’, Worshippers Served Alcohol (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Your Body Is The Temple Of The Holy Spirit by Nobody: 12:04am On Apr 02, 2021
Brrethen, if you want the Holy Spirit to dwell in you and operate freely, flee fornication or any sin that will contaminate your body. According to 1 Corinthians 6:18, the Bible tell us to flee. So if you have to practically flee, please do so.
Joseph practically took to his heels when pharaoh's wife tried to lure him to bed.

1 Corinthians 6:18:
Flee fornication. Every sin that a man doeth is without the body; but he that committeth fornication sinneth against his own body.

1 Corinthians 6:19-20
What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?
For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's.

Fornication will only make your body inhabitable for the Holy Spirit and when this happens you make yourself vulnerable to so many demonic attacks and diseases.

I know it sounds like a difficult thing to do but by His grace that is sufficient for us, you'll pull through once you make up your mind to give up the sin of the flesh and allow the Holy Spirit take charge of your body.

Try singing this song by faith anytime the temptation to sin against your body comes up.

My body is your sanctuary 2x
Purify me as gold,
So I might be bold to say
my body is your sanctuary.

Shalom.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Your Body Is The Temple Of The Holy Spirit by heendrix(m): 12:42am On Apr 02, 2021
AsherAmari:
Brrethen, if you want the Holy Spirit to dwell in you and operate freely, flee fornication or any sin that will contaminate your body. According to 1 Corinthians 6:18, the Bible tell us to flee. So if you have to practically flee, please do so.
Joseph practically took to his heels when pharaoh's wife tried to lure him to bed.

Flee fornication. Every sin that a man doeth is without the body; but he that committeth fornication sinneth against his own body.

What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?
For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's.

Fornication will only make your body inhabitable for the Holy Spirit and when this happens you make yourself vulnerable to so many demonic attacks and diseases.

I know it sounds like a difficult thing to do but by His grace that is sufficient for us, you'll pull through once you make up your mind to give up the sin of the flesh and allow the Holy Spirit take charge of your body.

Try singing this song by faith anytime the temptation to sin against your body comes up.

Purify me as gold,

Shalom.

i keep wondering of all addiction why is mine fornication and it a very stubborn one at it
Re: Your Body Is The Temple Of The Holy Spirit by Kobojunkie: 12:53am On Apr 02, 2021
AsherAmari:

Purify me as gold,

Shalom.

But Jesus Christ did not say fornication is a sin.. instead He declared lust, which in many cases happen long before the sexual acts takes place, as sin. So why do you preach a different Gospel from the one that Jesus Christ taught us? undecided

Make you hear my yeye parable to help you see ....

Imagine for a second, a young man called Bayo, who reads your message and goes away believing that so long as he remains a virgin, which he is, that he has not committed any sexual sin. Bayo routinely asks God for forgiveness if his sins before bed every night, right before watching Indecency movies right afterwards to help him sleep. One night, Bayo dozes while watching one of his many videos, and dies in his sleep. undecided

Fast forward to the judgement after Jesus Christ returns, Bayo is resurrected along with all others who believe but he does not make the cut as far as Heaven is concerned since had no works of righteousness to show Jesus Christ. Puzzled as to why he never even heard of this while he was alive, he finds himself in the judgment line instead. When it is finally Bayo's turn to be judged, the judge announces to him that he, Bayo, did not even meet the cut off. He is the informed of the sin of "Lust" standing against him, Bayo adamantly declares he died a virgin and since he asked for forgiveness before going to bed his last night alive, that there was surely a mistake. Then Bayo recalls watching Indecency every night after asking God for forgiveness of sin each day. Bayo also recalls reading your post here which deceived him into believing the lie that fornication was the sin instead. undecided

Do you think you will go Scot free for deceiving Bayo when it comes your turn to be judged? undecided
Re: Your Body Is The Temple Of The Holy Spirit by Nobody: 12:56am On Apr 02, 2021
heendrix:

i keep wondering of all addiction why is mine fornication and it a very stubborn one at it

Its because you've not yielded yourself totally to the Holy Spirit. Go to him and tell him you can't do it in your own. Ask him to help you and He will.

Try to avoid and get rid of triggers. Also make a conscious effort to avoid anything that will bring the thoughts to you. Before you know it, the addiction will gradually stop. But if you feel the struggle is much, you can go for deliverance in a Bible believing Church or better still, get married. pray that God Should bless you with a good and understanding wife.

It is well.

1 Like

Re: Your Body Is The Temple Of The Holy Spirit by Nobody: 1:15am On Apr 02, 2021
Kobojunkie:
But Jesus Christ did not say fornication is a sin.. instead He declared lust, which in many cases happen long before the sexual acts takes place, as sin. So why do you preach a different Gospel from the one that Jesus Christ taught us? undecided

Make you hear my yeye parable to help you see ....

Imagine for a second, a young man called Bayo, who reads your message and goes away believing that so long as he remains a virgin, which he is, that he has not committed any sexual sin. Bayo routinely asks God for forgiveness if his sins before bed every night, right before watching Indecency movies right afterwards to help him sleep. One night, Bayo dozes while watching one of his many videos, and dies in his sleep. undecided

Fast forward to the judgement after Jesus Christ returns, Bayo is resurrected along with all others who believe but he does not make the cut as far as Heaven is concerned since had no works of righteousness to show Jesus Christ. Puzzled as to why he never even heard of this while he was alive, he finds himself in the judgment line instead. When it is finally Bayo's turn to be judged, the judge announces to him that he, Bayo, did not even meet the cut off. He is the informed of the sin of "Lust" standing against him, Bayo adamantly declares he died a virgin and since he asked for forgiveness before going to bed his last night alive, that there was surely a mistake. Then Bayo recalls watching Indecency every night after asking God for forgiveness of sin each day. Bayo also recalls reading your post here which deceived him into believing the lie that fornication was the sin instead. undecided

Do you think you will go Scot free for deceiving Bayo when it comes your turn to be judged? undecided

Yeye parable like you rightly said.

Now, if you were following ardently without rushing to cast judgement, you'll observe that this message is centered on "The temple of the Holy Spirit" not on sin or types of sin pe se. Also, im not in anyways encouraging other types of sin and those things you fabricated up there as usual. I never justified watching indecent movie. Don't know where you got that from.

Talking about Jesus never calling fornication a sin, please read.

Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind.

Now before you start telling me that it was written by Paul, remember all scriptures were written by the inspiration of the Holy Spirit with whom Christ is one.

I see say Dem don wear you cap this night again. I remove that cap by fire! in Jesus name. Lol...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Your Body Is The Temple Of The Holy Spirit by Kobojunkie: 1:19am On Apr 02, 2021
heendrix:

In John 8 , Jesus Christ declared that the only way you can cease being a slave to sin is to chose obedience which is logically sound if you truly consider what sin really is.

Sin is disobedience, and disobedience to the teachings/commandments of Jesus Christ, the one who is the Law that defines what sin is in the Kingdom of God.

Now, the Spirit of God does not live inside of those who are slaves to sin since according to Jesus Christ, they are of their father, the devil. To overcome bondage to sin, He instructs that we instead learn His Truth (teachings) and then make the choice to accept(trust) and obey His teachings/commandments(Truth). It is only by knowing the Truth that the Truth can set you free from bondage to sin.

In your case, you say your sin is fornication, but instead the Truth says that instead Lust is your sin and that only making the choice to accept(trust) and obey Jesus Christ's teachings/commandment can you overcome lust and every other sin. And if you continue to abide in Him through the acceptance and obedience of His teachings, He will also come and abide in you(His Spirit).
Re: Your Body Is The Temple Of The Holy Spirit by Kobojunkie: 1:29am On Apr 02, 2021
AsherAmari:

Yeye parable like you rightly said.

Now, if you were following ardently without rushing to cast judgement, you'll observe that this message is centered on "The temple of the Holy Spirit" not on sin or types of sin pe se. Also, im not in anyways encouraging other types of sin and those things you fabricated up there as usual. I never justified watching indecent movie. Don't know where you got that from.
Talking about Jesus never calling fornication a sin, please read.

Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind.

Now before you start telling me that it was written by Paul, remember all scriptures were written by the inspiration of the Holy Spirit with whom Christ is one.

I see say Dem don wear you cap this night again. I remove that cap by fire! in Jesus name. Lol...
The Spirit of God, as Jesus Christ told you, will not abide in a body that is stil in bondage to sin (John 8 /14/15), so that is besides the point. Before He can inhabit a one, that one has to prove himself worthy by accepting(trusting) and obeying the commandments/ teachings of Jesus Christ. And according to Jesus Christ, in John 15, only when one continues to accept(trust) and obey His teachings/commandments, can one be deemed worthy of His righteousness. undecided

God will not lower His standard and you cannot force Him into anyone who is unworthy of Him. undecided

Jesus Christ is the Law in the Kingdom of God and as far as His Kingdom is concerned, it is not the acts that are sin but the lust that is. He , Jesus Christ defined for us what is sin, and so it is crucial to stick to His blueprint rather than creating others to follow and then teach to others. undecided

Before you respond, take time to consider what lust means apart from all you have listed from your verse there. Also consider that even someone like our friend Bayo, a virgin, is a sinner in the sight of God even though he never committed any of the acts in your list there. undecided
Re: Your Body Is The Temple Of The Holy Spirit by Nobody: 1:37am On Apr 02, 2021
Kobojunkie:
The Spirit of God, as Jesus Christ told you, will not abide in a body that is stil in bondage to sin (John 8 /14/15), so that is besides the point. Before He can inhabit a one, that one has to prove himself worthy by accepting(trusting) and obeying the commandments/teachings of Jesus Christ. God will not lower His standard and you cannot force Him into anyone who is unworthy of Him. undecided

Jesus Christ is the Law in the Kingdom of God and as far as His Kingdom is concerned, it is not the acts that are sin but the lust that is. He , Jesus Christ defined for us what is sin, and so it is crucial to stick to His blueprint rather than creating others to follow and then teach to others. undecided

Before you respond, take time to consider what lust means apart from all you have listed from your verse there. Also consider that even someone like our friend Bayo, a virgin, is a sinner in the sight of God even though he never committed any of the acts in your list there. undecided

I understand what lust means anf lust gives birth to fornication which makes both of them a sin. No body is arguing with you here.

Also I'm not dispute fact that someone can be a virgin and still be a sinner. Stop putting words ino my mouth.

What you just did was preach salvation which is quite commendable but note that my message was a part of a whole.

1 Like

Re: Your Body Is The Temple Of The Holy Spirit by Kobojunkie: 1:47am On Apr 02, 2021
AsherAmari:

I understand what lust means anf lust gives birth to fornication which makes both of them a sin. No body is arguing with you here.
Also I'm not dispute fact that someone can be a virgin and still be a sinner. Stop putting words ino my mouth.
What you just did was preach salvation which is quite commendable but note that my message was a part of a whole.
There is no need to lie here. Lust does not breed fornication. undecided

There are so many people out there who struggle from year to year with Lust, who have, for one reason or another, drawn the line where fornication is. Many of them ignorant that by lusting, they are living still in sin. undecided

I did not preach salvation. You already claim you believe in Jesus Christ and so already have eternal life(grace) given to you as a result. However , what you instead are missing is the part where Jesus Christ said you MUST be born again if you intend to spend to spend that grace(eternal life) in Heaven, and not in Hell. undecided

Yes, Hell is made to house many of those who are saved. They believe in Jesus Christ, yes, but Jesus Christ said only those who are born of His Spirit will 3enter into the Kingdom of Heaven, the others are bound for the Kingdom of Hell, which is also a part of the Kingdom of God. Matthew 25 vs 31-46. undecided
Re: Your Body Is The Temple Of The Holy Spirit by Nobody: 1:53am On Apr 02, 2021
Kobojunkie:
There is no need to lie here. Lust does not breed fornication. undecided

There are so many people out there who struggle from year to year with Lust, who have, for one reason or another, drawn the line where fornication is. Many of them ignorant that by lusting, they are living still in sin. undecided

I did not preach salvation. You already claim you believe in Jesus Christ and so already have eternal life(grace) given to you as a result. However , what you instead are missing is the part where Jesus Christ said you MUST be born again if you intend to spend to spend that grace(eternal life) in Heaven, and not in Hell. undecided

Yes, Hell is made to house many of those who are saved. They believe in Jesus Christ, yes, but Jesus Christ said only those who are born of His Spirit will 3enter into the Kingdom of Heaven, the others are bound for the Kingdom of Hell, which is also a part of the Kingdom of God. Matthew 25 vs 31-46. undecided

SMH. I understand. Ok?

Tkia.
Re: Your Body Is The Temple Of The Holy Spirit by Kobojunkie: 2:39am On Apr 02, 2021
AsherAmari:
SMH. I understand. Ok?
Tkia.
Consider what Jesus Christ said about a little yeast leavening the whole lot. Jesus Christ describes His the Kingdom of God below
Luke 13 vs 20 - 21 (ERV)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
20. And again he said, “To what shall I compare the kingdom of God?
21. It is like leaven(yeast) that a woman took and hid in three measures of flour until it was all leavened.”
Following Jesus Christ's other teachings, we know that the yeast represents the teaching that is fed into the batch. If the yeast is the Truth of Jesus Christ, then it yields a batch that is worthy of Heaven. If the yeast is instead from doctrines and traditions of men, that batch will only produce a batch worthy of Hell.

In the same way, telling people of sin, one first needs to understand what Jesus Christ in fact declares as sin from the doctrines and traditions of men where sin is concerned. God is the one who declares that which Sin is, and man is called to accept and obey the teachings of God even in this. undecided
Re: Your Body Is The Temple Of The Holy Spirit by Nobody: 7:16am On Apr 02, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Consider what Jesus Christ said about a little yeast leavening the whole lot. Jesus Christ describes His the Kingdom of God below
Following Jesus Christ's other teachings, we know that the yeast represents the teaching that is fed into the batch. If the yeast is the Truth of Jesus Christ, then it yields a batch that is worthy of Heaven. If the yeast is instead from doctrines and traditions of men, that batch will only produce a batch worthy of Hell.

In the same way, telling people of sin, one first needs to understand what Jesus Christ in fact declares as sin from the doctrines and traditions of men where sin is concerned. God is the one who declares that which Sin is, and man is called to accept and obey the teachings of God even in this. undecided

Kobojunkie, How are you? grin.

Keep spreading the good news, that's why we are here anyways.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Your Body Is The Temple Of The Holy Spirit by LisaAnneMia: 11:44am On Apr 02, 2021
AsherAmari:

Purify me as gold,

Shalom.

Hi dear, you quoted "don't you know your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit..." Even when the people in the church of Corinthians sinned, Paul didn't say "your body was the temple of the Holy Spirit". He said "your body IS the temple of the Holy Spirit"... Doesn't it mean that the Holy Spirit is still in them when they sinned? And He still told them that they are of God and not of their own and not they were of God. Do you see what I mean?
Re: Your Body Is The Temple Of The Holy Spirit by Nobody: 11:53am On Apr 02, 2021
LisaAnneMia:
Hi dear, you quoted "don't you know your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit..." Even when the people in the church of Corinthians sinned, Paul didn't say "your body was the temple of the Holy Spirit". He said "your body IS the temple of the Holy Spirit"... Doesn't it mean that the Holy Spirit is still in them when they sinned? And He still told them that they are of God and not of their own and not they were of God. Do you see what I mean?

I don't remember saying when they sin the Holy Spirit will still be in them reason I stated that sin will make your body uninhabitable for the Holy Spirit. So we still on the same page.
Re: Your Body Is The Temple Of The Holy Spirit by LisaAnneMia: 12:06pm On Apr 02, 2021
AsherAmari:

I don't remember saying when they sin the Holy Spirit will still be in them reason I stated that sin will make your body uninhabitable for the Holy Spirit. So we still on the same page.
I didn't say you said the Holy Spirit will still be in them. I was pointing you to that. It is the present tense "IS" that was used and not "was". The writer was saying that the Holy Spirit was still in them. It never mentioned that the sinner's body will be inhabitable for the Holy Spirit. Or did it?
Re: Your Body Is The Temple Of The Holy Spirit by Kobojunkie: 1:43pm On Apr 02, 2021
LisaAnneMia:
I didn't say you said the Holy Spirit will still be in them. I was pointing you to that. It is the present tense "IS" that was used and not "was". The writer was saying that the Holy Spirit was still in them. It never mentioned that the sinner's body will be inhabitable for the Holy Spirit. Or did it?
A sinner is one who is a slave to sin. And no, the Spirit of God does not abide in a sinner but instead one who is a Son of God, where one who is no longer slave to sin knows the Truth and has been set free by the Truth -Sin is defined by the Truth. John 8 and also recall John 14 vs 23 -31. undecided
Re: Your Body Is The Temple Of The Holy Spirit by LisaAnneMia: 2:20pm On Apr 02, 2021
Kobojunkie:
A sinner is one who is a slave to sin. And no, the Spirit of God does not abide in a sinner but instead one who is a Son of God, where one who is no longer slave to sin knows the Truth and has been set free by the Truth -Sin is defined by the Truth. John 8 and also recall John 14 vs 23 -31. undecided
In a plain answer, does 1 Corinthians 6:19-21 and John 14:23-31 record that the Holy Spirit leaves when a person sin? And in a plain answer, does 1 Corinthians 6:19-21 say "don't you know your body WAS the temple of the Holy Spirit" instead of "...IS the temple..."?
Re: Your Body Is The Temple Of The Holy Spirit by Kobojunkie: 2:22pm On Apr 02, 2021
LisaAnneMia:
In a plain answer, does 1 Corinthians 6:19-21 and John 14:23-31 record that the Holy Spirit leaves when a person sin? And in a plain answer, does 1 Corinthians 6:19-21 say "don't you know your body WAS the temple of the Holy Spirit" instead of "...IS the temple..."?
Again
Kobojunkie:
Re: Your Body Is The Temple Of The Holy Spirit by LisaAnneMia: 2:24pm On Apr 02, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Again
Just answer my questions
Re: Your Body Is The Temple Of The Holy Spirit by Kobojunkie: 2:29pm On Apr 02, 2021
LisaAnneMia:
Just answer my questions
I did...
Kobojunkie:
According to Jesus Christ, those who are submitted to the Spirit of God are above the Law of Sin as they are controlled by Him who guides them.

John 14 vs 23 -31 tells you that only those who accept and obey His teachings will He inhabit. John 15 however explains that those who He inhabits, He maintains.
Re: Your Body Is The Temple Of The Holy Spirit by LisaAnneMia: 2:36pm On Apr 02, 2021
Kobojunkie:
I did...
Is everything that you typed in bold in 1 Corinthians 6:19-21 or in John 14:23-31?
Re: Your Body Is The Temple Of The Holy Spirit by Kobojunkie: 2:41pm On Apr 02, 2021
LisaAnneMia:
Is everything that you typed in bold in 1 Corinthians 6:19-21 or in John 14:23-31?
John 8 and John 14 and 15 contain the answers you seek and need since it is told you of Jesus Christ Himself, the one who is Law in the Kingdom of God. undecided
Re: Your Body Is The Temple Of The Holy Spirit by LisaAnneMia: 2:41pm On Apr 02, 2021
Kobojunkie:
John 8 and John 14 and 15 contain the answers you seek and need since it is told you of Jesus Christ Himself, the one who is Law in the Kingdom of God. undecided
You want me to sing that song for u again?
Re: Your Body Is The Temple Of The Holy Spirit by Kobojunkie: 2:42pm On Apr 02, 2021
LisaAnneMia:
You want me to sing that song for u again?
You can go ahead if you want undecided
Re: Your Body Is The Temple Of The Holy Spirit by LisaAnneMia: 2:50pm On Apr 02, 2021
Kobojunkie:
You can go ahead if you want undecided
grin cheesy Kobojunkie baby! I just need a scripture(s) from you now that contains the following words: When a believer sins, the Holy Spirit leaves the person or The body of a believer who sins is not inhabitable for the Holy Spirit
Re: Your Body Is The Temple Of The Holy Spirit by Kobojunkie: 2:57pm On Apr 02, 2021
LisaAnneMia:
grin cheesy Kobojunkie baby! I just need a scripture(s) from you now that contains the following words: When a believer sins, the Holy Spirit leaves the person or The body of a believer who sins is not inhabitable for the Holy Spirit
Jesus Christ tells you in John 15 that one led by the Spirit of God lives above the Law of Sin and in john 14, He explains that only those who continue to accept and obey His teachings/commandments will become worthy of His Spirit. Before that, in John 8, He explains that those who accept and obey His teachings /commandments are set free from bondage to sin. undecided
Re: Your Body Is The Temple Of The Holy Spirit by LisaAnneMia: 3:00pm On Apr 02, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Jesus Christ tells you in John 15 that one led by the Spirit of God lives above the Law of Sin and in john 14, He explains that only those who continue to accept and obey His teachings/commandments will become worthy of His Spirit. Before that, in John 8, He explains that those who accept and obey His teachings /commandments are set free from bondage to sin. undecided
grin You can't answer. Case closed! See you in another thread! cheesy wink
Re: Your Body Is The Temple Of The Holy Spirit by Kobojunkie: 3:19pm On Apr 02, 2021
LisaAnneMia:
grin You can't answer. Case closed! See you in another thread! cheesy wink
I answered your question according to the Word of God Himself. It is instead left for you to decide if His, Jesus Christ's, answer is good enough for you or not. undecided
Re: Your Body Is The Temple Of The Holy Spirit by Nobody: 5:58pm On Apr 08, 2021
Brethen, no matter the temptation, stay steadfast in the Lord. He'll make things beautiful in his own time which is never too late.

Stay blessed.
Re: Your Body Is The Temple Of The Holy Spirit by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:45pm On Apr 08, 2021
The BODY in question is not about individuals but when two or three Christians gather. Matthew 18:20
So when Paul said [/b]"YOUR BODY"[/b] he is talking about the GROUP not individuals! {1Corinthians 6:19} individuals forming the congregation must strive to make their body clean so that God's Holy Spirit will continue to assemble with them anytime they come together in his name! Matthew 18:20
Re: Your Body Is The Temple Of The Holy Spirit by sonmvayina(m): 6:53pm On Apr 08, 2021
Whats the difference between the spirit of God and holy spirit?
Re: Your Body Is The Temple Of The Holy Spirit by Nobody: 7:49pm On Apr 08, 2021
sonmvayina:
Whats the difference between the spirit of God and holy spirit?

They are the same and one spirit.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

You Are Not Poor Or Suffering Bc Of The Sins Of Your Forefathers / The Blessing Of God / Does It Matter Which Religion You Choose?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 116
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.