Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,981 members, 7,810,728 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:59 PM

PARADOX: Why Did God Sacrifice His Son Instead Of Just Killing Satan ? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / PARADOX: Why Did God Sacrifice His Son Instead Of Just Killing Satan ? (3154 Views)

Why Would God Kill His Only Son Instead Of Killing Satan? / Why Will God Sacrifice His Only Son When He Can Simply Do This?? / Why Did The God Tell Abraham To Sacrifice His Child (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PARADOX: Why Did God Sacrifice His Son Instead Of Just Killing Satan ? by Kobojunkie: 9:51pm On Apr 02, 2021
khiaa:
The fact is it's not about your opinion but what the scriptures tell us.
Scripture does not say any of that.
In Isaiah, God sings a dirge to the King of Babylon, I believe, and in Ezekiel, the dirge was to the King of Tyre, I think, no Satan mentioned. undecided

1 Like

Re: PARADOX: Why Did God Sacrifice His Son Instead Of Just Killing Satan ? by khiaa(f): 9:55pm On Apr 02, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Interesting claim! Do you have any scripture references for this ? undecided
If Satan is still falling down a "bottomless" pit, how and when did he "escoop" said pit only to take on the role of tempter of man? undecided

You're right because Satan, while in heaven was jealous of man. Lmao grin you just brought up another point that I have always questioned. If the pit is bottomless when will Satan ever reach it? grin
Re: PARADOX: Why Did God Sacrifice His Son Instead Of Just Killing Satan ? by GeneralDae: 10:04pm On Apr 02, 2021
khiaa:

The fact is it's not about your opinion but what the scriptures tell us.
Isaiah was speaking about a king whom he called Lucifer. Lucifer means light, it is a good name.

Revelation says there was war in heaven between Michael and the Dragon. How Christians deduced that this war occurred in the past before the creation of earth baffles me till this day. Revelation was written as an action movie and not everything there is to be taken literally. There you have beasts, dragons, and several kinds of creatures.
Re: PARADOX: Why Did God Sacrifice His Son Instead Of Just Killing Satan ? by GeneralDae: 10:06pm On Apr 02, 2021
khiaa:

You're right because Satan, while in heaven was jealous of man. Lmao grin you just brought up another point that I have always question. If the pit is bottomless when will Satan ever reach it?; grin
Where did you get the bolded from?
Re: PARADOX: Why Did God Sacrifice His Son Instead Of Just Killing Satan ? by Kobojunkie: 10:24pm On Apr 02, 2021
khiaa:
You're right because Satan, while in heaven was jealous of man. Lmao grin you just brought up another point that I have always questioned. If the pit is bottomless when will Satan ever reach it? grin
May I suggest you try to read as much of the Book of Enoch as you can -possibly stomach, then come back and read again on Satan in the Bible. You will likely change your mind about Satan and all the many doctrines and traditions formulated against the character, stories on which your churches today are built on but with little or no real connection to scripture. undecided

Take a look at the passage below at the way Jesus Christ spoke of Satan to Peter, when informing him, Peter, that Satan had requested to have him, Peter, tested.

Luke 22 vs 31-34 (ERV)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
31. “Satan has asked to test you men like a farmer tests his wheat. O Simon, Simon,[c]
32. I have prayed that you will not lose your faith! Help your brothers be stronger when you come back to me.”
33. But Peter said to Jesus, “Lord, I am ready to go to jail with you. I will even die with you!”
34. But Jesus said, “Peter, before the rooster crows tomorrow morning, you will say you don’t know me. You will say this three times.”
Notice that nowhere in there is Jesus Christ rebuking or casting fire at Satan for making such a request. It sounded more like He, Jesus Christ, was announcing a routine check-up there to Peter, does it not? undecided
Re: PARADOX: Why Did God Sacrifice His Son Instead Of Just Killing Satan ? by truespeak: 10:39pm On Apr 02, 2021
XXXXTENTACION:
If we call you guys fanatics now it will be as if somebody is not good.
please can you tell me how ajegunle or going back to dirt is related to the sacrifice of jesus now

cheesy That is what it means to according to you "just live life the way you want"!

Meaning not in accordance to the commandments of God but according to your own way and pleasure, further meaning the Way of God does not please you, thus you must return and you return to whence you came from!

Which is dirt/death!

Thus my answer!
Re: PARADOX: Why Did God Sacrifice His Son Instead Of Just Killing Satan ? by FatherOfJesus: 10:44pm On Apr 02, 2021
truespeak:

cheesy That is what it means to according to you "just live life the way you want"!

Meaning not in accordance to the commandments of God but according to your own way and pleasure, further meaning the Way of God does not please you, thus you must return and you return to whence you came from!

Which is dirt/death!

Thus my answer!
Hope you know all these are just your opinion and doesn’t necessarily mean they are universal truth.
Re: PARADOX: Why Did God Sacrifice His Son Instead Of Just Killing Satan ? by khiaa(f): 10:47pm On Apr 02, 2021
GeneralDae:

Isaiah was speaking about a king whom he called Lucifer. Lucifer means light, it is a good name.

Revelation says there was war in heaven between Michael and the Dragon. How Christians deduced that this war occurred in the past before the creation of earth baffles me till this day. Revelation was written as an action movie and not everything there is to be taken literally. There you have beasts, dragons, and several kinds of creatures.

Have you read the Apocrypha, if so, what do you think?
Re: PARADOX: Why Did God Sacrifice His Son Instead Of Just Killing Satan ? by XXXXTENTACION: 10:49pm On Apr 02, 2021
truespeak:

That is what it means to according to you "just live life the way you want"!

Which is dirt/death!

Thus my answer!
Life is simple and i make my own rules. my philosopher is simple live and lets live.
if you need somebody to tell you how to live your life then you probably don't have a life. --Albert Einstein.

1 Like

Re: PARADOX: Why Did God Sacrifice His Son Instead Of Just Killing Satan ? by Akuruoulo(m): 11:01pm On Apr 02, 2021
khiaa:

The name of the one and only true God.
In what bnk were u told that YAH is the on true GOD ?
Re: PARADOX: Why Did God Sacrifice His Son Instead Of Just Killing Satan ? by truespeak: 11:11pm On Apr 02, 2021
FatherOfJesus:
Hope you know all these are just your opinion and doesn’t necessarily mean they are universal truth.

grin An Opinion is a person's take on an issue!

And if an Opinion is Untruthful, it Must and Will be Countered but because you are Unable to Counter, you run to hide in the house of Opinion, which Does Not Hide You But Exposes That You Cannot Counter My Statement (but eh! let me find something that sounds intelligent, ehen let me say "Hope you know all these are just your opinion and doesn’t necessarily mean they are universal truth" grin), thus it Stands as Truth until validly countered which you have not done!

grin While Universal Truth simply means Truth that is Truth here, is Truth in Antarctica, and is still Truth in India, meaning Truth which is Truth Everywhere!

So is it not Truth Everywhere that a person who has been cleaned up and taken from dirt but returns to his dirt is clearly saying he loves his dirt?

This is Truth Everywhere so I have given my Opinion and the Universal Truth of the issue which you have not validly countered! grin grin
Re: PARADOX: Why Did God Sacrifice His Son Instead Of Just Killing Satan ? by FatherOfJesus: 11:13pm On Apr 02, 2021
truespeak:

And if an Opinion is Untruthful, it Must and Will be Countered but because you are Unable to Counter, you run to hide in the house of Opinion, which Does Not Hide You But Exposes That You Cannot Counter My Statement thus it stands as Truth until validly countered!

grin While Universal Truth simply means Truth that is Truth here, is Truth in Antarctica, and is still Truth in India, meaning Truth which is Truth Everywhere!

So is it not Truth Everywhere that a person who has been cleaned up and taken from dirt but returns to his dirt is clearly saying he loves his dirt?

This is Truth Everywhere so I have given my Opinion and the Universal Truth of the issue which you have not validly countered! grin grin
I am not ready tonight, I am having headache
Re: PARADOX: Why Did God Sacrifice His Son Instead Of Just Killing Satan ? by FatherOfJesus: 11:18pm On Apr 02, 2021
truespeak:

And if an Opinion is Untruthful, it Must and Will be Countered but because you are Unable to Counter, you run to hide in the house of Opinion, which Does Not Hide You But Exposes That You Cannot Counter My Statement thus it stands as Truth until validly countered!

Meanwhile you got the definition of universal truth wrong.

Universal truth means that it’s true here, also true in mars, in Alpha Centauri, also true in andromeda and other galaxies.

You see why you can’t reason beyond your myopia?

1 Like

Re: PARADOX: Why Did God Sacrifice His Son Instead Of Just Killing Satan ? by truespeak: 11:19pm On Apr 02, 2021
FatherOfJesus:
I am not ready tonight, I am having headache
grin grin grin
Re: PARADOX: Why Did God Sacrifice His Son Instead Of Just Killing Satan ? by truespeak: 11:22pm On Apr 02, 2021
FatherOfJesus:
Meanwhile you got the definition of universal truth wrong.

Universal truth means that it’s true here, also true in mars, in Alpha Centauri, also true in andromeda and other galaxies.

You see why you can’t reason beyond your myopia?

See you do not counter me but confirm my statement, which is Universal Truth, is Truth Everywhere! grin grin grin
Re: PARADOX: Why Did God Sacrifice His Son Instead Of Just Killing Satan ? by truespeak: 11:23pm On Apr 02, 2021
XXXXTENTACION:
Life is simple and i make my own rules. my philosopher is simple live and lets live.
if you need somebody to tell you how to live your life then you probably don't have a life. --Albert Einstein.

As I said your choice!
Re: PARADOX: Why Did God Sacrifice His Son Instead Of Just Killing Satan ? by FatherOfJesus: 11:23pm On Apr 02, 2021
truespeak:

See you do not counter me but confirm my statement, which is Universal Truth, is Truth Everywhere! grin grin grin

How did you know that your opinions are true in Andromeda?
Re: PARADOX: Why Did God Sacrifice His Son Instead Of Just Killing Satan ? by truespeak: 11:25pm On Apr 02, 2021
FatherOfJesus:
How did you know that your opinions are true in Andromeda?

It is you who brought in Andromeda not me so it is for you to answer but in effect you say it is Truth Everywhere which is my point! grin grin grin

Case closed! grin grin

I go to sleep!
Re: PARADOX: Why Did God Sacrifice His Son Instead Of Just Killing Satan ? by FatherOfJesus: 11:26pm On Apr 02, 2021
truespeak:

It is you who brought in Andromeda not me so it is for you to answer but in effect you say it is Truth Everywhere which is my point! grin grin grin
So it means your opinion is not true in Andromeda.
Re: PARADOX: Why Did God Sacrifice His Son Instead Of Just Killing Satan ? by truespeak: 11:28pm On Apr 02, 2021
FatherOfJesus:
So it means your opinion is not true in Andromeda.

As I said it is for you to answer, not my statement thus cannot be my answer! grin grin grin
Re: PARADOX: Why Did God Sacrifice His Son Instead Of Just Killing Satan ? by FatherOfJesus: 11:28pm On Apr 02, 2021
truespeak:

Case closed! grin grin

I go to sleep!
Why do you always runaway from me? grin

You don’t like logic?
Re: PARADOX: Why Did God Sacrifice His Son Instead Of Just Killing Satan ? by FatherOfJesus: 11:29pm On Apr 02, 2021
truespeak:

As I said it is for you to answer, not my statement thus cannot be my answer! grin grin grin
Your opinions are only true in your church, outside of your church it holds no water.

I’m sure some people in your church even have different opinions.

1 Like

Re: PARADOX: Why Did God Sacrifice His Son Instead Of Just Killing Satan ? by truespeak: 11:29pm On Apr 02, 2021
FatherOfJesus:
Why do you always runaway from me? grin

You don’t like logic?

Bros! You don shoot yourself so make I leave you to lick your wounds! grin grin
Re: PARADOX: Why Did God Sacrifice His Son Instead Of Just Killing Satan ? by FatherOfJesus: 11:30pm On Apr 02, 2021
truespeak:

Bros! You don shoot yourself so make I leave you to lick your wounds! grin grin
yeah, running away as usual, it’s understandable. grin
Re: PARADOX: Why Did God Sacrifice His Son Instead Of Just Killing Satan ? by truespeak: 11:31pm On Apr 02, 2021
FatherOfJesus:
Your opinions are only true in your church, outside of your church it holds no water.

I’m sure some people in your church even have different opinions.

grin grin grin Trying to reargue wetin don die!

Abeg! grin grin grin
Re: PARADOX: Why Did God Sacrifice His Son Instead Of Just Killing Satan ? by FatherOfJesus: 11:32pm On Apr 02, 2021
truespeak:

grin grin grin Trying to reargue wetin don die!

Abeg! grin grin grin
you buried it because you are scared I would ask you to explain the physics of Andromeda which obviously you don’t know because all you know is junk religious stuffs grin

1 Like

Re: PARADOX: Why Did God Sacrifice His Son Instead Of Just Killing Satan ? by truespeak: 11:32pm On Apr 02, 2021
FatherOfJesus:
yeah, running away as usual, it’s understandable. grin

Who no dey comot for where dead body dey? grin grin
Re: PARADOX: Why Did God Sacrifice His Son Instead Of Just Killing Satan ? by truespeak: 11:33pm On Apr 02, 2021
FatherOfJesus:
you buried it because you are scared I would ask you to explain the physics of Andromeda which obviously you don’t know because all you know is junk religious stuffs grin

grin grin Still trying to re-argue and save your dead body!

E no go work! grin grin grin
Re: PARADOX: Why Did God Sacrifice His Son Instead Of Just Killing Satan ? by FatherOfJesus: 11:34pm On Apr 02, 2021
truespeak:

Who no dey comot for where dead body dey? grin grin

Na only me dey make you run nowadays. Bro grin

1 Like

Re: PARADOX: Why Did God Sacrifice His Son Instead Of Just Killing Satan ? by FatherOfJesus: 11:34pm On Apr 02, 2021
truespeak:

How did you know your opinion is true in Andromeda? grin

Is Jesus in Andromeda?
Re: PARADOX: Why Did God Sacrifice His Son Instead Of Just Killing Satan ? by FatherOfJesus: 11:38pm On Apr 02, 2021
truespeak:

Your bored God created 2trillion galaxies known to man so JESUS can come and die on one inconsequential earth to save you and your brothers grin

And you say your truth is universal grin grin

What a funny god that is.
Re: PARADOX: Why Did God Sacrifice His Son Instead Of Just Killing Satan ? by khiaa(f): 4:54am On Apr 03, 2021
Akuruoulo:
In what bnk were u told that YAH is the on true GOD ?

Apocrypha.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

A Love Letter From Jesus: "whoever Has Ears, Let Them Hear" / "What Does The Bible Say About Gay Marriage / Same Sex Marriage?" / Malawian Prophet Shepherd Bushiri Buys New $12million Mansion, Shows Off Luxury

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.