Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,911 members, 7,810,505 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:13 AM

PARADOX: Why Did God Sacrifice His Son Instead Of Just Killing Satan ? - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / PARADOX: Why Did God Sacrifice His Son Instead Of Just Killing Satan ? (3139 Views)

Why Would God Kill His Only Son Instead Of Killing Satan? / Why Will God Sacrifice His Only Son When He Can Simply Do This?? / Why Did The God Tell Abraham To Sacrifice His Child (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PARADOX: Why Did God Sacrifice His Son Instead Of Just Killing Satan ? by Akuruoulo(m): 7:02am On Apr 03, 2021
khiaa:

Apocrypha.
AND U BELIEVED THE BE BOOK. THATS COOL DEAR. I WISH TO KNOW MORE ABT THE BOOK

1 Like 1 Share

Re: PARADOX: Why Did God Sacrifice His Son Instead Of Just Killing Satan ? by Dtruthspeaker: 8:00am On Apr 03, 2021
khiaa:

That's not an answer it's an opinion and an elementary one at that.

You too first raised your own opinion!

But I understand, you thought there was no reasonable explanation and that it was a very hard question that No Lover of God would be able to supply a reasonable explanation, for even an elementary answer is always acceptable and the best answers, not Professional answers which only a few can understand!
Re: PARADOX: Why Did God Sacrifice His Son Instead Of Just Killing Satan ? by budaatum: 2:14pm On Apr 10, 2021
khiaa:

The question is, Why did Yah sacrifice his son to save the world instead of killing Satan with the wave of his hand? This isn't about a sacrifice but an extermination of an evil Deity. Why would Yah send Satan to the pits of Hell instead of destroying him? I have always questioned this as well. Food for thought.

Funny question. And one that only a person who can not read should be asking, or someone who refuses to accept the evidence before their eyes but would rather believe what they are told or read without the use of their own mind to discern.

Did Yah sacrifice his son, or did ignorant people murder their teacher and then lie in a book that some God sent him to die for their sins?
Re: PARADOX: Why Did God Sacrifice His Son Instead Of Just Killing Satan ? by Dtruthspeaker: 3:47pm On Apr 10, 2021
budaatum:

Funny question. And one that only a person who can not read should be asking, or someone who refuses to accept the evidence before their eyes but would rather believe what they are told or read without the use of their own mind to discern.

Did Yah sacrifice his son, or did ignorant people murder their teacher and then lie in a book that some God sent him to die for their sins?

Or did God send His Son to Convicts, for them to have a last chance of Pardon but as is consistent with Criminals, they Murdered Him, even though God Used their Murder in Accordance to the Sin Offering Law?
Re: PARADOX: Why Did God Sacrifice His Son Instead Of Just Killing Satan ? by budaatum: 5:49pm On Apr 10, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

Or did God send His Son to Convicts, for them to have a last chance of Pardon but as is consistent with Criminals, they Murdered Him, even though God Used their Murder in Accordance to the Sin Offering Law?

God used their evil act of murder? What an Interesting idea.

I hope your version of God would not use boko haram too or one might suspect its motive.
Re: PARADOX: Why Did God Sacrifice His Son Instead Of Just Killing Satan ? by GeneralDae: 6:04pm On Apr 10, 2021
budaatum:

I hope your version of God would not use boko haram too or one might suspect its motive.
God can turn something meant for evil into good. That's the interpretation of the death of Jesus in the new testament as a whole.
Re: PARADOX: Why Did God Sacrifice His Son Instead Of Just Killing Satan ? by budaatum: 6:11pm On Apr 10, 2021
GeneralDae:

God can turn something meant for evil into good. That's the interpretation of the death of Jesus in the new testament as a whole.

Boko haram? Fulani herdsmen? Or have you just not interpreted it yet?
Re: PARADOX: Why Did God Sacrifice His Son Instead Of Just Killing Satan ? by GeneralDae: 6:21pm On Apr 10, 2021
budaatum:

Boko haram? Fulani herdsmen? Or have you just not interpreted it yet?
Hmm not thesame analogy. The arguement is that those pharisees or Jewish leaders intended only evil ( which was against the will of God) but God had the last laugh in the end. We now have disciples teaching in the name of Jesus and stuff like that.

I don't know what glory the deeds of Bokoharam and fulani herdsmen can bring in the end and I don't think there is any.

So we can't really compare both scenarios.
Re: PARADOX: Why Did God Sacrifice His Son Instead Of Just Killing Satan ? by khiaa(f): 7:48pm On Apr 10, 2021
budaatum:

Only people who lack reading comprehension skills will answer a question with another question.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: PARADOX: Why Did God Sacrifice His Son Instead Of Just Killing Satan ? by Dtruthspeaker: 8:04pm On Apr 10, 2021
budaatum:

*It is Finished" has put all to rest!
Re: PARADOX: Why Did God Sacrifice His Son Instead Of Just Killing Satan ? by budaatum: 8:27pm On Apr 10, 2021
GeneralDae:

Hmm not thesame analogy. The arguement is that those pharisees or Jewish leaders intended only evil ( which was against the will of God) but God had the last laugh in the end. We now have disciples teaching in the name of Jesus and stuff like that.

I don't know what glory the deeds of Bokoharam and fulani herdsmen can bring in the end and I don't think there is any.

So we can't really compare both scenarios.

God had a laugh? Must be a very jovial God. I got to say though that God's laugh must be pyrrhic, since two thousand years later only the name of Jesus is taught and not an understanding of Christ, but I guess God does not work by my estimation of time, a day being a thousand years and all. And I don't know why it couldn't be said that God had a laugh if boko haram and fulani herdsmen make the name of Jesus sweep the North in the future like say in 100 or 1000 or so years time. I'm certain it took awhile before humans said God had a laugh especially the first three hundred or so years after Christ when his followers were being persecuted, so it could be the same with boko haram and fulani herdsmen, no?

Still, I can't help wonder what Christ might have done if he'd lived. He might gave taken the Word to its logical conclusion and written a book instead of leaving us with four Gospels et al, but I guess we had to murder him for God's will to prevail.

Anyway. Easter just past so in the Spirit, Alleluia! Christ Is Risen! He Is Risen Indeed! Alleluia!
Re: PARADOX: Why Did God Sacrifice His Son Instead Of Just Killing Satan ? by budaatum: 8:34pm On Apr 10, 2021
khiaa:

Only people who lack reading comprehension skills will answer a question with another question.

Oh, your pardon I thought I did answer yiur question. But let me have another go.

I don't agree that God planned Jesus death. S
I think some sneaky gits wrote what you understand, that it was God's plan after they murdered Jesus. If it were maths, I'd acuse them of wuruwuruing to the answer they want. It's not as if God told the plan to Jesus or he would not have Eli Eli Lama Sabachthani at the end, is what I think.

Now what do you think?
Re: PARADOX: Why Did God Sacrifice His Son Instead Of Just Killing Satan ? by GeneralDae: 8:47pm On Apr 10, 2021
[quote author=budaatum post=100678056]

God had a laugh? Must be a very jovial God. I got to say though that God's laugh must be pyrrhic, since two thousand years later only the name of Jesus is taught and not an understanding of Christ, but I guess God does not work by my estimation of time, a day being a thousand years and all. And I don't know why it couldn't be said that God had a laugh if boko haram and fulani herdsmen make the name of Jesus sweep the North in the future like say in 100 or 1000 or so years time. I'm certain it took awhile before humans said God had a laugh especially the first three hundred or so years after Christ when his followers were being persecuted, so it could be the same with boko haram and fulani herdsmen, no?
I really don't know what you are on about here, but having a last laugh is a figurative expression. It's like saying God's purpose prevailed.
Again comparison with Bokoharam and fulani herdsmen is a flawed analogy. Jesus knew he was going to die and gave himself up for his disciples and what he believed in and God crowned his sacrifice with glory, bokoharam are killing people who do not want to die.
God having a laugh is not about the religon christianity itself, but rather the belief that he lives on and his message still prevailed.
My Kingdom is not a set up of this world, else my servants would stand and fight for me not to be taken . After the death of jesus, the kingdom of God was set up with the disciples now alone and having his spirit to take the message everywhere. The message they were to bring is that the kingdom of God is here and now for those who are ready to live the kingdom lifestyle. I am not speaking religion here, so I don't know what you are on about it taking 300 years and so forth, Constantine or no Constantine, the message of the kingdom would have stood the test of time. Within 300years, they were already 10% of the Roman Empire despite persecution and they were growing not declining. Constantine simply used the religon for his purpose, because if you can't beat them, join them.

Still, I can't help wonder what Christ might have done if he'd lived. He might gave taken the Word to its logical conclusion and written a book instead of leaving us with four Gospels et al, but I guess we had to murder him for God's will to prevail.
We didn't have to murder him for God's will to prevail, but when we did, it didn't stop God's will. That's the gist.
Re: PARADOX: Why Did God Sacrifice His Son Instead Of Just Killing Satan ? by budaatum: 9:14pm On Apr 10, 2021
GeneralDae:
We didn't have to murder him for God's will to prevail, but when we did, it didn't stop God's will. That's the gist.

So "despite" and not, "it was the plan"? That I can live with. The dark can never prevail over Light after all.

Sorry if you don't get me. If you wanted to you'd ask, but you never so.......
Re: PARADOX: Why Did God Sacrifice His Son Instead Of Just Killing Satan ? by budaatum: 9:15pm On Apr 10, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

*It is Finished" has put all to rest!

Thankfully, it began, and I am delighted it did.
Re: PARADOX: Why Did God Sacrifice His Son Instead Of Just Killing Satan ? by khiaa(f): 11:24pm On Apr 10, 2021
[b]
budaatum:

]Oh, your pardon I thought I did answer yiur question. But let me have another go.

I think some sneaky gits wrote what you understand, that it was God's plan after they murdered Jesus. If it were maths, I'd acuse them of wuruwuruing to the answer they want. [b][/b]It's not as if God told the plan to Jesus or he would not have Eli Eli Lama Sabachthani at the end, is what I think.

Now what do you think?

Well, according to the scriptures Yahushua knew exactly what was going to happen, from the betrayal of Judas, the disowning of him 3 times before the rooster crowed by peter, and his death. So yes, Yah had told him of the events to come, according to the scriptures.

Now, I don't know if these events were Yah's plans or was he only showing Yahushua the events that were to occur. undecided
Re: PARADOX: Why Did God Sacrifice His Son Instead Of Just Killing Satan ? by budaatum: 1:03am On Apr 11, 2021
khiaa:
[b]

Well, according to the scriptures Yahushua knew exactly what was going to happen, from the betrayal of Judas, the disowning of him 3 times before the rooster crowed by peter, and his death. So yes, Yah had told him of the events to come, according to the scriptures.

Now, I don't know if these events were Yah's plans or was he only showing Yahushua the events that were to occur. undecided

I doubt he knew how bad it was going to get considering his last words. My own opinion is making it God's plan was written in hindsight to justify killing him, but I guess that goes down to how one sees the Bible. Humans wrote it, and I can't trust they are much different to the Sun or Punch journalists of today.

If I had a say I'd have just done what you suggested in your op and killed satan instead. Satan dead should have made the world a better place than it is today, I think, though I got to wonder how much free will we'd have.

Fact is those he supposedly came to save killed him. And to be honest with you, if that was God's plan, to make humans commit murder, that kind of sucks considering "Thou shalt not kill". Would have loved much more of him myself, but I guess one should make the best of the little of him we have.
Re: PARADOX: Why Did God Sacrifice His Son Instead Of Just Killing Satan ? by Dtruthspeaker: 8:01am On Apr 11, 2021
budaatum:

I think some sneaky gits wrote what you understand, that it was God's plan after they murdered Jesus. If it were maths, I'd acuse them of wuruwuruing to the answer they want. It's not as if God told the plan to Jesus or he would not have Eli Eli Lama Sabachthani at the end, is what I think.

Now what do you think?

It was His Plan for surely you must remember that it is The Law "He that reproveth a scorner getteth to himself shame: and he that rebuketh a wicked man getteth himself a blot."

Enter not into the path of the wicked, and go not in the way of evil men.

15 Avoid it, pass not by it, turn from it, and pass away.

16 For they sleep not, except they have done mischief; and their sleep is taken away, unless they cause some to fall.

17 For they eat the bread of wickedness, and drink the wine of violence.

And The Lord Knew this, yet did He speak against the Scribes and Pharisees and Changed their "laws" and "policies"

Why?

Because it is the Wicked who require redemption not the righteous; it is the sinner who needs to comply with the Law of Sin Offerings, not the Just.
Re: PARADOX: Why Did God Sacrifice His Son Instead Of Just Killing Satan ? by ictjobber: 8:07am On Apr 11, 2021
yanabasee1:
You don't sacrifice impure offerings to God ...

You can only sacrifice pure offerings to God....

So that was why he sacrificed himself to himself?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: PARADOX: Why Did God Sacrifice His Son Instead Of Just Killing Satan ? by Dtruthspeaker: 8:31am On Apr 11, 2021
ictjobber:

So that was why he sacrificed himself to himself?

Under the Instruction of Loving, Kind, Long Suffering God, and the will of an Obedient Child, which is why it is Written

"For God so loved the world, that He gave His Only Son!"
Re: PARADOX: Why Did God Sacrifice His Son Instead Of Just Killing Satan ? by khiaa(f): 3:17pm On Apr 11, 2021
budaatum:

Anyway. Easter just past so in the Spirit, Alleluia! Christ Is Risen! He Is Risen Indeed! Alleluia!

I'm positive Yah had a laugh when White Neanderthalds painted him WHITE.
Re: PARADOX: Why Did God Sacrifice His Son Instead Of Just Killing Satan ? by sonmvayina(m): 3:31pm On Apr 11, 2021
khiaa:

I'm positive Yah had a laugh when White Neanderthalds painted him WHITE.

Their story ...their illustration..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

The Major Reason Why I Became An Atheist (picture ) / Aliens In The Bible / Am now a born again, should I sent my three wives away?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.