Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,939 members, 7,821,285 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:56 AM

Where Are The Notable Hausa People In Nigerian Politics? - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Where Are The Notable Hausa People In Nigerian Politics? (6210 Views)

Notable signatures of Lugard, Zik, Awolowo, Ahmadu Bello, Gani, Ojukwu & others / What The Hausa People Like About The Igbos (Video) / I Respect Hausa People But Not Fulani - Nnamdi Kanu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Where Are The Notable Hausa People In Nigerian Politics? by Basic123: 8:22pm On Apr 04, 2021
engrchykae:
thank God that you know.
I am happy igbo and yoruba are not crazy about religion.
What igbo hates about islam is it's systemically induced mental stagnancy.
People from that religion have never invented anything good to humanity.
Caucasians on their own are fatalistic and have invented more instruments of killings than medical breakthroughs.
USA love Saudi's money (Islamic nation)
USA love Israeli technology (Judaism nation)
The west is the true harlot.
If we as Nigerians can turn our nation around like the chinese,the west will listen to us when we are talking.
Before they use to look down on the mandarins,they call them "the sick man of the East"
Today China is bigger than EU
You just hate Islam because you are Christian simple.And you guys are Christians because you were not exposed to Islam early enough at all.Any other reason is rubbish

1 Like

Re: Where Are The Notable Hausa People In Nigerian Politics? by engrchykae(m): 8:50pm On Apr 04, 2021
Basic123:

You just hate Islam because you are Christian simple.And you guys are Christians because you were not exposed to Islam early enough at all.Any other reason is rubbish
I am not crazy about religion, christianity is no better than islam just that people died to force christianity to become flexible and more liberal,after all christians were burning witches and heretics during the dark ages.
Maybe along the line islam will loosen up as UAE are currently loosening up.
We did crusades,they did jihad.
We promised indulgences
They promised virgins.
British brought up God and started buying our devils, isn't it funny?
You think I care about religion?
I don't care
Re: Where Are The Notable Hausa People In Nigerian Politics? by shadeyinka(m): 10:06pm On Apr 04, 2021
Coronabirus:
I wonder what brought all these. Do u have mission abt these or u jst want to see the two tribes fighting so that u can start laughing. I'm born and brought up in the North and it's likely impossible for Northerners to engage in this kind of tribal debate except that there is a joke between Hausa-Fulani and Kanuri-Fulani. This kind of topic you're creating is unnecessary, worthless with no aorta of sense. I don't mind giving vu what u want but can u tell me 10 pure Fulani out of the list u mentioned.
Point of correction, Fulani women are the ones getting married to Hausa people because Hausas are known as business men so they use their money to marry beautiful Fulani girls selling fura and nono.
There is no quarrel between us. Just show us that Hausa people are represented in the Hausa-Fulani Symbiosis if indeed its a symbiotic and not a parasitic relationship.
Do you wish that the Hausa remain dumb and ignorant of the lopsided profit sharing?

You conquered them, I agree but should they remain in perpetual intellectual bondage?

I dont mind your Hausa-Fulani association but share the dividend fairly equally. After all, the Hausa are more than the Fulani in Population.
Re: Where Are The Notable Hausa People In Nigerian Politics? by shadeyinka(m): 10:07pm On Apr 04, 2021
Bionic07:
[color=#006600][/color]

Who told you Aliko Dangote & Dantata are Hausa?
I am very open to correction. I am not related to either one of them.
Re: Where Are The Notable Hausa People In Nigerian Politics? by Nobody: 5:39am On Apr 05, 2021
shadeyinka:

Not exactly!
The Missionaries came for their own purpose independently of the government!
The British government came for their own purpose independent of the missionaries!

But the missionaries are White people, hence they are protected by the government.

The British came for land and resource grabbing purpose QED!!
In the hx of conquest ,religion has always been used as a bait.
The British government through the church missionary society brought Christianity to Africa and in the process stole the resources of the people.
You can't separate the cms from the British.
It is like separating Islam from Fulani caliphate.
The selling point of the caliphate is Islam, the primary motivation for propagating Islam was to conquer vast expanse of Land.
To kill and destroy
To sit on the glory of Nigeria and set back the people of Southern Nigeria.
In the word of sardauna of Sokoto "we would not allow their children to enjoy their future"
Re: Where Are The Notable Hausa People In Nigerian Politics? by Nobody: 6:05am On Apr 05, 2021
engrchykae:
thank God that you know.

If we as Nigerians can turn our nation around like the chinese,the west will listen to us when we are talking.
Before they use to look down on the mandarins,they call them "the sick man of the East"
Today China is bigger than EU
How can you turn a nation that was built on mediocrity?
A nation where a PhD holder in the person on Azikwe was a vice to An Arabic scholar?
A nation where Shagari a modern school certificate holder used a PhD holder in the person Ekwueme as his vice?
A nation where a Professor of law is a vice to a certificateless president?
The mediocrity was planted in the foundation of Nigeria by the wicked British government.
They are the backbone of Hausa-Fulani hegemony in Nigeria.
The secret pact between the Fulani and the British government will definitely be exposed in the nearest future.
In a recent online confession by a British man, he confessed how the British rigged the Nigerian census and the first election in favour of the North.
These were the reasons the Hausa Fulani removed history from Nigeria curriculum. They forgot that the internet offer a better history curriculum.
Their wickedness against the people shall be exposed.
The people shall liberate themselves.
The parasitic people of Nigeria shall return to Futajalon.
The hypnotism of Fulani shall expire.
Their intellects shall hunt them.
No going back. Let everyone return to his father's land.
Southern Nigeria is not your inheritance.
All marauding killer herdsmen shall be wiped out.
We hate you with passion. Go to your North and allow our Isreal to leave your Egypt. We are tired and done with Location 9.
A referendum for a True federalism is too late.
Bring on your weak army we shall send them back in body bag.
Import fighters from Niger and Chad through the railways you are constructing in Maradi, we shall destroy you all.
We are ready to destroy the parasites that leeche our resources.

https://www.wsws.org/en/articles/2007/08/nige-a09.html

Re: Where Are The Notable Hausa People In Nigerian Politics? by Bonavi: 6:16am On Apr 05, 2021
shadeyinka:
I am sure most Nigerians have related to the Northern Parts of Nigeria as if they are a homogeneous block. Unfortunately the North is not homogeneous

Where are the notable Hausa People in Government?
Are the Hausa people a minority tribe in the Northern Nigeria?

This is my personal opinion please!

Seun , Lalasticlala , this question need to be answered by a larger audience
make a better enquiries my friend. Dangote is and the Dantata u referred to are Fulanis. The truth is their are literally no prominent hausaman in the political space

2 Likes

Re: Where Are The Notable Hausa People In Nigerian Politics? by Nobody: 6:31am On Apr 05, 2021

A BBC radio documentary on the events leading up to the independence of Nigeria, Britain’s former colony, charged the British government with interference in the election to ensure the result was in line with its interests (see “Rigging Nigeria”).

The programme cited two files held in the British National archives covering the period leading up to independence in 1960 that to this day remain closed to the public and will remain closed for another 50 years.

One file contains material relating to the governor general at the time of independence, Sir James Robertson, and the other material on Dr Azikiwe, known as Zik, who was leader of the nationalist pro-independence political party, the National Council of Nigerian Citizens (NCNC).

Mike Thomson, the investigator on the programme, spoke to Harold Smith who had gone out to work as a British Colonial Officer in the 1950s after graduating from Oxford University. Smith was based in the then capital, Lagos, working in the ministry of Labour, then headed by Festus Okotie-Eboh, a flamboyant politician who was treasurer of the NCNC. The NCNC was based in the Eastern Region of Nigeria. Under colonial rule the country was divided up into three regions, North, East and West.

One day Smith was given a secret file containing a minute that ordered him to get involved in regional elections taking place in the late 1950s in the run up to independence. He was to make vehicles, staff and other resources available to the NCNC colleagues of Okotie-Eboh who was standing in the elections. Smith was shocked at the request. He explained that the election had to be fixed because the plan was that the Northern region would hold power on independence.

Thomson asks, “Could an allegation of British government involvement to rig an election or at the least to favour a particular party be substantiated?”

He interviewed Professor David Anderson, Director of the African Studies Centre at Oxford University. Asked if such manipulation of an election result could have happened Professor Anderson replied: “In almost every single colony the British attempted to manipulate the result to their advantage.... I would be surprised if they had not done so.”

Nigeria’s Northern region constituted three quarters of the land mass of the country and had roughly half the population. Professor Anderson explained that the North, with its Islamist culture, was very conservative and had enjoyed a close relationship with its British colonial rulers. The British had ruled through the emirs.

The British government was concerned that the result of independence might lead to partition. They regarded the Northern region as a bulwark against opposition. Professor Anderson explained that British analysts at the time thought that West Africa as a whole with its high levels of poverty was highly vulnerable to communism.

The politics of the North was dominated by the Northern Peoples’ Congress Party (NPC). Britain was aware that the NPC would be unable to rule an independent Nigeria by itself and would need the support of a major party in the East or West.

This is why, explains Smith, he had been ordered to help the party of Dr Azikiwe (Zik), in the East, the NCNC. He explained: “They had to fix Zik of course, there was stuff they have got him for that could send him to prison ... [they] forced him to do a deal with the North.”

Smith is adamant the orders to help the NCNC came from the top, the governor general Sir James Robertson. Smith described Robertson as “a thug and he had a terrible reputation....We loved Africans, but these people who came to do this job were a different breed, these were the ex-SOE [British Secret Service outfit set up during the Second World War] and MI6.”

According to Smith his colleagues reluctantly went along with the orders to aid the election campaign. Smith refused and asked to see Robertson.

He describes his meeting with Robertson. Robertson said, “I want you to know that everything you have alleged about the elections is correct.... You know too much and I want you to know how much trouble you are in. The Colonial Service is just like the army, you know what happens if you disobey orders on active service and that is what is going to happen to you.”

Smith added that Robertson was so angry he half expected him to produce a pistol and shoot him.

Smith showed Mike Thomson the copies of correspondence he has sent to the “great and the good” over the years in his campaign to highlight his allegations. Thomson remarked that without recordings of the conversations Harold Smith claims took place and no copies of the orders it is difficult for him to prove his case.

However, Thomson was able to quote from some documents that give a hint of what happened. One document is a letter written by Sir Peter Smethers who was a private parliamentary secretary at the British Colonial Office throughout most of the decolonization period and had been present at most of the independence negotiations, including that of Nigeria.

Writing of the Northern political class he says, “The attraction of the Kanu rulers was that they had a long and successful experience of government ... offered the obvious choice to head the new experiment. It was difficult to see an alternative to the early stages of independence.”

Smethers died last year at the age of 92.

The other document was from the memoirs of Robertson, who died in 1983. He explained that in the elections that took place in 1959 to choose the government that would rule after independence, before the result was known there were rumours that the NCNC in the East and the so-called Action Group in the West were considering a coalition and would be able to form a majority in the House of Representatives.

He explained how he thought this might result in the North leaving the federation. Part of his role was to appoint as prime minister whoever he thought best able to command a majority in the House of Representatives. He invited Abukakr Tafawa Balewa, the Northern leader, to form a government even before the result of the election was known. He did so without consulting the secretary of state in the British government.

Thomson also explains how the British carried out a census in Nigeria in the years leading to independence and were accused of overestimating the numbers in the North to give them a higher representation in the parliament. Professor Anderson agrees it was certainly in the interests of Britain to have done that.

Both Professor Anderson and Mike Thomson applied under the Freedom of Information Act to gain access to the two files but have been refused.

Anderson told the programme:

“Clearly someone in the British government, when those files were classified, did not want us historians to learn something about what they contain and that raises my suspicions that those files might contain information about whatever deals were brokered between the British government and the NCNC. Because it is certainly the case that the NCNC would not have won the election it did without British support. Nor could it have formed a coalition with the NPC at independence without British support. So I would love to see what’s in those two files about Sir James Robertson and Dr Azikiwe.”
Re: Where Are The Notable Hausa People In Nigerian Politics? by Nobody: 7:23am On Apr 05, 2021
shadeyinka:

There is no quarrel between us. Just show us that Hausa people are represented in the Hausa-Fulani Symbiosis if indeed its a symbiotic and not a parasitic relationship.
Do you wish that the Hausa remain dumb and ignorant of the lopsided profit sharing?

You conquered them, I agree but should they remain in perpetual intellectual bondage?

I dont mind your Hausa-Fulani association but share the dividend fairly equally. After all, the Hausa are more than the Fulani in Population.
You're so curious to instill something that will not work. It seems this week service propaganda put on your lips is how to divide Hausa-Fulani inseparable relationship, because I can see everyone is talking abt the same thing. You know that is how we always catch u, all the time you'll come out en mass to social media chanting the same thing on different platforms. I ask u to list 10 pure Fulani out of ur list and u failed, and asked u to list 10 pure Hausa and u failed again.
Lot of things won't work in this campaign!
Re: Where Are The Notable Hausa People In Nigerian Politics? by Nobody: 8:10am On Apr 05, 2021
Coronabirus:

You're so curious to instill something that will not work. It seems this week service propaganda put on your lips is how to divide Hausa-Fulani inseparable relationship, because I can see everyone is talking abt the same thing. You know that is how we always catch u, all the time you'll come out en mass to social media chanting the same thing on different platforms. I ask u to list 10 pure Fulani out of ur list and u failed, and asked u to list 10 pure Hausa and u failed again.

You are an agent of falsehood propagations. The same way your progenitors hypnotised and blindfolded the hausas is what you are propagating on this platform.
Same way you wouldn't accept that the Northerners are parasites that feed on the resources and taxes of Southerners.
Hausa-Fulani are divided at the grassroot, but united religiously and politically on national issues.
I participated in NYSC in Kano state. Most Fulani settlements are separated from the hausa's
In a place called Kura, there is a Fulani settlement called butalawa. It is 100% Fulani village. No hausa lives there. It is located in Kura town.
Same story of several settlements in Karaye, Shanonu, gwarzo, rogo, garu mallam etc.
The Southerners are even united more than the hypocritical Hausa-Fulani relationship at the grassroots.
In Por-hacourt, Ibo, ikwerre , Erik, ibibio, ijaw and Yoruba live together under same roof. This can never be seen in the political North.
I have never seen a place where the grassroots Fulani share same house with the hausas. The only exception is non-reciprocal Islamic marriage that permits the fulani men to marry the hausa women with no vice versa reciprocal.
It is all over the place, because the Fulani speak hausa, most Southerners tend to call then Hausa.
The average Fulani man sees himself as superior to the hausas.
Fulanis are the author of divide and rule.
85% of the Bureau de change operators in Lagos, Por-hacourt, and Abuja are pure bred Fulani.
This was the reason no one could ban the illegal black market that is controlled by the Fulanis. Rather they legalized an illegality in the name of cbn regulations.
Another reason they do not want to allow the Southerners to leave the fraudulent amalgamated territory of the British empire.
Read dz, acquire sense of history and learn more about the wickedness of your progenitors.

Coronabirus is dandawodu , son of Dan iska.
Re: Where Are The Notable Hausa People In Nigerian Politics? by Basic123: 8:23am On Apr 05, 2021
engrchykae:
I am not crazy about religion, christianity is no better than islam just that people died to force christianity to become flexible and more liberal,after all christians were burning witches and heretics during the dark ages.
Maybe along the line islam will loosen up as UAE are currently loosening up.
We did crusades,they did jihad.
We promised indulgences
They promised virgins.
British brought up God and started buying our devils, isn't it funny?
You think I care about religion?
I don't care
your post wreaks Ignorance about Islam!
go and learn
Re: Where Are The Notable Hausa People In Nigerian Politics? by shadeyinka(m): 12:11pm On Apr 05, 2021
Coronabirus:

Are you afraid that the Hausa peoples eyes will be open to the TAQQIYA they've fallen into? If their eyes open to this truth, you know that your people will loose control over them: Don't you?

Just show us that Hausa people are equally represented in the Hausa-Fulani Symbiosis if indeed its a symbiotic and not a parasitic relationship.

Are you Hausa? NO!
Are you Fulani? YES!!
Are you Kanuri? NO! Even though your mum is Kanuri and you have Kanuri blood in addition to your Fulani blood.

Just as you know that you are Fulani and not Kanuri is how the Hausa know that they are Hausa and Not Fulani. Even if you intermarry, till tomorrow in Nigeria ethnicity is still determined along the patriarchal lines.

What we are saying in a nutshell is that the Term Hausa-Fulani is TAQQIYYA to deceive the Hausa people. Only Fulani people are benefiting from your relationship. QED.
Re: Where Are The Notable Hausa People In Nigerian Politics? by shadeyinka(m): 12:22pm On Apr 05, 2021
Bonavi:
make a better enquiries my friend. Dangote is and the Dantata u referred to are Fulanis. The truth is their are literally no prominent hausaman in the political space
Correction accepted. I am not related to either of them. Got the information from the internet.

The bottom line is that there seems to be truly no prominent Hausa man in politics. All the prominent ones are all Fulani.
The Hausa people should wake up from this symbiotic relationship deception!
Re: Where Are The Notable Hausa People In Nigerian Politics? by shadeyinka(m): 12:26pm On Apr 05, 2021
Leggitsam:

In the hx of conquest ,religion has always been used as a bait.
The British government through the church missionary society brought Christianity to Africa and in the process stole the resources of the people.
You can't separate the cms from the British.
It is like separating Islam from Fulani caliphate.
The selling point of the caliphate is Islam, the primary motivation for propagating Islam was to conquer vast expanse of Land.
To kill and destroy
To sit on the glory of Nigeria and set back the people of Southern Nigeria.
In the word of sardauna of Sokoto "we would not allow their children to enjoy their future"

Christianity in Nigeria came in through severan independent sources
The Catholic
The Anglican
The SIM
Canadian Evangelical Christians
etc. They are not just from Britain.

Both the British and American government dont care one bit about religion. They only care about money to be made.
Re: Where Are The Notable Hausa People In Nigerian Politics? by shadeyinka(m): 12:29pm On Apr 05, 2021
Basic123:

The problem is not islam perse but the fact that the Fulani are using Islam to sell their agender to the west through agencies like MURIC. MURIC should defend ISlam, that's their job but many times they are drawn into Northern politics without their own knowledge to the detriment of their people
Re: Where Are The Notable Hausa People In Nigerian Politics? by Nobody: 1:15pm On Apr 05, 2021
shadeyinka:

Are you afraid that the Hausa peoples eyes will be open to the TAQQIYA they've fallen into? If their eyes open to this truth, you know that your people will loose control over them: Don't you?

Just show us that Hausa people are equally represented in the Hausa-Fulani Symbiosis if indeed its a symbiotic and not a parasitic relationship.

Are you Hausa? NO!
Are you Fulani? YES!!
Are you Kanuri? NO! Even though your mum is Kanuri and you have Kanuri blood in addition to your Fulani blood.

Just as you know that you are Fulani and not Kanuri is how the Hausa know that they are Hausa and Not Fulani. Even if you intermarry, till tomorrow in Nigeria ethnicity is still determined along the patriarchal lines.

What we are saying in a nutshell is that the Term Hausa-Fulani is TAQQIYYA to deceive the Hausa people. Only Fulani people are benefiting from your relationship. QED.
Lol...this guy u take this useless matter serious....in the North we dnt give a Bleep abt this even if u will spend million years preaching it.....
Re: Where Are The Notable Hausa People In Nigerian Politics? by shadeyinka(m): 1:23pm On Apr 05, 2021
Coronabirus:
Lol...this guy u take this useless matter serious....in the North we dnt give a Bleep abt this even if u will spend million years preaching it.....
Do you think I blame you?
No!

I only blame the pet chicken who think its a member of your family!

But, at least it opened the eyes of others to your Taqqiyya!
Re: Where Are The Notable Hausa People In Nigerian Politics? by Elock1: 2:28pm On Apr 05, 2021
Leggitsam:
The picture painted by the Northerners is not what is on ground in the Northern part of Zoogeria.
For instance, the Hausas and the Fulanis live separately.
There is always a partition between the Hausa's and Fulanis's settlement.
The general language is Hausa. 90% of Hausa people cannot speak Fulfude.
98% of Fulanis can speak Hausa language.
Islam brought them together.
Almost all the village heads or chiefs are Fulanis
The Hausas are farmers while the Fulanis are herders. There is a strong mutual respect .
Most of the gangsters are hausas.
The Fulanis do not do almajiris
The Fulani women are the sellers of fura de nunu which the majority hausas enjoy the most.
They do have Farmers-herders clashes but not at the magnitude that is being perpetrated in Southern part of Zoogeria.
The Fulanis tame the hausas completely the same way they have been taming Nigeria.
The Fulanis like to live in secluded area while the hausas prefer the open settlement.
The dream of every educated Fulanis is to be in position of power.
They believe in the popular born to rule agenda of their progenitors from guinea's Futajalon.
It is difficult to observe the wide gap between the hausas and Fulanis in the city.
However, if you are lucky to visit the villages in Kano, you will see it all.
I have been to most of the glorified villages called local government in Kano.
From Karaye, gwarzo, rano, dela, taraoni, bebeji, bichi,kura, tofa, Garun mallam, kwankwaso, gezewa, rogo, dawakin kudu, dawakin tofa
I can beat my chest that I had been opportuned to travel all the LGs in Kano.
It is the real scam of the republic.
Every 10 to 15 villages is a local government.
Most of the rich fabric sellers in Kantin Kwari Market are Fulanis from Niger and Chad. They are the progenitors of Major Buhari.
The question, I never got an answer for in my years of sojourning in Nigeria. Why would a Christian nation (Britain) that brought Christianity to the people of Southern Nigerian sold the people that accepted Christianity into slavery by handing over the governance of Nigeria to the Fulanis jihadist from Futajalon?
The repercussions are what our generation is suffering today.
Every government apparatus in Nigeria has been Fulanilised.
NLNG in Bonny Island belongs to the Fulanis.
NNPC is their cash cow and footstool.
NPA is their cashcowh
Nig Army , NN, NAF belong to them
Nigeria customs is theirs
Nig immigration is no going area for the Southerners.
They head all the intern. Airports
They have taken over all the Ministries.
All agencies and parastatals are headed by the Fulanis.
Now, they insist that the Southerners must not farm again.
No one is sure of tmao, dz Fulani empire will surely crumble.

My brother, we are living in slavery oh, the whites are still colonizing us but we seem not to know.

Like why can people be so wicked to a whole race... Na Wa oh
Re: Where Are The Notable Hausa People In Nigerian Politics? by DaniDani(m): 3:40pm On Apr 05, 2021
This is very very bad. By this time, this veil covering the hausas should be torn, and they should be able to see the future. The present hausas owe their future children the freedom to be free from the suppression and relegation of the fulanis. The earlier they start the mental cum psychological emancipation, the better for them.

2 Likes

Re: Where Are The Notable Hausa People In Nigerian Politics? by Legendguy(m): 4:20pm On Apr 05, 2021
shadeyinka:

Danagote is not Fulani but like his grand father he was Hausa.

My question is, Where are the Hausa Politicians. Dont they exist?
Governors, Ministers and Technocrats: I wish Hausas on Nairaland can correct this ugly narrative.
Ibrahim shekarau, former kano state governor is an hausa man, full blooded
Re: Where Are The Notable Hausa People In Nigerian Politics? by shadeyinka(m): 4:28pm On Apr 05, 2021
Legendguy:

Ibrahim shekarau, former kano state governor is an hausa man, full blooded
Thanks be to Allah, one in two scores!
How about political appointees , do you know many particularly in this government?
Re: Where Are The Notable Hausa People In Nigerian Politics? by shadeyinka(m): 4:31pm On Apr 05, 2021
DaniDani:
This is very very bad. By this time, this veil covering the hausas should be torn, and they should be able to see the future. The present hausas owe their future children the freedom to be free from the suppression and relegation of the fulanis. The earlier they start the mental cum psychological emancipation, the better for them.
You speak the truth: the present generation of Hausa men and women owe their future generation not only an explanation but a fight for emancipation.

2 Likes

Re: Where Are The Notable Hausa People In Nigerian Politics? by shadeyinka(m): 4:34pm On Apr 05, 2021
Elock1:
My brother, we are living in slavery oh, the whites are still colonizing us but we seem not to know.

Like why can people be so wicked to a whole race... Na Wa oh
The white man is still colonizing us because we are shallow minded and fragmented. But how can there be unity when one tribe is using taqqiyya on the rest of us while shouting "one Nigeria!"

1 Like

Re: Where Are The Notable Hausa People In Nigerian Politics? by Legendguy(m): 4:36pm On Apr 05, 2021
Leggitsam:

History had it that the hausas were voodoo worshipers before the advent of Islam.
Othman Dan fodio launched a bloody jihad on the progenitors of the modern day hausas.
Once Islam was accepted, it becomes the way of life for the people. Most of them abandoned their voodoo and magic in favour of Islam.
It was written in history books that the aim of the jihad launched by othman Dan fodiyo the progenitor of sultan of Sokoto was to conquer the whole of Nigeria. However, he stopped in Ilorin and surrounding area.
Who knows? Maybe you and I would have been shouting Allah akbar. God forbid.
It couldn't have been possible because many attempt by the fulanis to penetrate Oyo empire suffers setbacks. If only they succeeded in conquering the Oyo empire then they would have conquered the whole Yoruba land. Oyo empire was jus too strong and sophisticated for them. Aside hausas, they never conquered middle belt like benue, taraba etc, even going down south
Re: Where Are The Notable Hausa People In Nigerian Politics? by Elock1: 4:50pm On Apr 05, 2021
shadeyinka:

The white man is still colonizing us because we are shallow minded and fragmented. But how can there be unity when one tribe is using taqqiyya on the rest of us while shouting "one Nigeria!"
I'm just tired
Re: Where Are The Notable Hausa People In Nigerian Politics? by shadeyinka(m): 5:03pm On Apr 05, 2021
Elock1:
I'm just tired
So sad for the black man.
He seems to be the least intelligent of all the races in the world only followed by the Arabs

1 Like

Re: Where Are The Notable Hausa People In Nigerian Politics? by engrchykae(m): 6:16pm On Apr 05, 2021
Basic123:

your post wreaks Ignorance about Islam!
go and learn
islam is very open,I know that islam is filled with hypocrisy.
Islam is supposed to be a religion of Love,that is why they worship on Friday,the day of Venus, goddess of Love,islam(moon and star) is supposed to complement Sun worship (Sun) completing the 24 hours of the day as in amun ra amun dei.
The young man and the maiden
Yin and yang
Fire and water

But an illiterate hijacked something bigger than his entire generation.
Mohammed is a fool
Re: Where Are The Notable Hausa People In Nigerian Politics? by Basic123: 7:04pm On Apr 05, 2021
engrchykae:
islam is very open,I know that islam is filled with hypocrisy.
Islam is supposed to be a religion of Love,that is why they worship on Friday,the day of Venus, goddess of Love,islam(moon and star) is supposed to complement Sun worship (Sun) completing the 24 hours of the day as in amun ra amun dei.
The young man and the maiden
Yin and yang
Fire and water

But an illiterate hijacked something bigger than his entire generation.
Mohammed is a fool
You can see that you are very Ignorant!
Please,Go and learn
And may you be guilded
Re: Where Are The Notable Hausa People In Nigerian Politics? by SMBH: 7:09pm On Apr 05, 2021
obiekunie2:
the dangotes are purebred fulanis.

there is literally no Hausa in any top government position - they are all taken by fulanis.

that's how self-centered the fulanis are.

He his not
Re: Where Are The Notable Hausa People In Nigerian Politics? by Nobody: 8:01pm On Apr 05, 2021
shadeyinka:

Do you think I blame you?
No!

I only blame the pet chicken who think its a member of your family!

But, at least it opened the eyes of others to your Taqqiyya!

This Taqiyya u consistently call, u dnt even knw who apply it and why, check the word again & its origin.
All we need to understand in this nation is, we shouldn't allow the sin of few elites to set the masses into fight.
Almost all Nigerian elites have dual citizenship. When they create chaos they know where to run. Masses are recruited into police & army, when there are clashes between masses, the low rank police officers who are from the same poor family background, who were deprived all privileges and right will be unleashed to torment/detain/kill their fellow poor masses.
All these conspiracies they set and put on the tongue of masses are politically motivated.
For instance, there was a time Wike went against some Northerners in Rivers to the extent he declared Rivers a Christian state but when he started sensing VP slot in PDP everything in him changed. He now prefer Northern PDP Presidential candidate for self gratification not for the interest of Southern Nigeria. I don't blame Wike but I cited this example to showcase how all Politicians play dirty to satisfy their personal needs. They sacrifice their love ones for political office, their religion, their people, all because of political goals. Sometimes the leaders commit treasonous offence to satisfy the whites at the detriment of their citizens.
They are in different party at the imaginary sight of masses but they share the same party when it comes to looting.
Between 2011-2015 most Northerners illusionary believed GEJ was behind Boko Haram, now their eyes is opened and started understanding that they believed in hoax. Now PMB is President and in the south many people believe that he is just pampering bandits because they're from his tribe not knowing that there are political actors who use the blood of Nigerian to attract election figures and this trend will continue untill we buy sense.
I hope a Southerner win next general election; many people would come to believe that President is just a person who is played by cabals, mislead, ill informed who only realise his mistakes after the expiration of his tenure.
Youth need to stand up, learn leadership skills with patience & perseverance, enter the system no matter how decayed it is and bring the right revolution through the right process but exchanging insults on social media among the masses won't change anything. Unfortunately, our leaders are not even in control of their social media handles.
I hope we grow ball and get things right!

1 Like

Re: Where Are The Notable Hausa People In Nigerian Politics? by shadeyinka(m): 9:16pm On Apr 05, 2021
Coronabirus:

This Taqiyya u consistently call, u dnt even knw who apply it and why, check the word again & its origin.
Taqqiyya simply means deception (especially as a strategy of war or takeover)!

Coronabirus:

All we need to understand in this nation is, we shouldn't allow the sin of few elites to set the masses into fight.
Almost all Nigerian elites have dual citizenship. When they create chaos they know where to run. Masses are recruited into police & army, when there are clashes between masses, the low rank police officers who are from the same poor family background, who were deprived all privileges and right will be unleashed to torment/detain/kill their fellow poor masses.
All these conspiracies they set and put on the tongue of masses are politically motivated.
For instance, there was a time Wike went against some Northerners in Rivers to the extent he declared Rivers a Christian state but when he started sensing VP slot in PDP everything in him changed. He now prefer Northern PDP Presidential candidate for self gratification not for the interest of Southern Nigeria. I don't blame Wike but I cited this example to showcase how all Politicians play dirty to satisfy their personal needs. They sacrifice their love ones for political office, their religion, their people, all because of political goals. Sometimes the leaders commit treasonous offence to satisfy the whites at the detriment of their citizens.
I agree that politician care only for money and power and they don't care one bit about the ordinary citizen. That is why they are not ashamed that N30k is the minimum wage in Nigeria (in fact, some are arguing that it is too much). Nigeria of a truth is a FAILED state and unless we comeback to the drawing board for RESTRUCTURING and REARRANGEMENT, we will continue to slide into poverty, disunity and disarray.

Unfortunately, it looks like the North is firmly against any form of restructuring. Why?
Could it be that the current structure favours the North more than any other region?

Coronabirus:

They are in different party at the imaginary sight of masses but they share the same party when it comes to looting.
Between 2011-2015 most Northerners illusionary believed GEJ was behind Boko Haram, now their eyes is opened and started understanding that they believed in hoax. Now PMB is President and in the south many people believe that he is just pampering bandits because they're from his tribe not knowing that there are political actors who use the blood of Nigerian to attract election figures and this trend will continue untill we buy sense.
I hope a Southerner win next general election; many people would come to believe that President is just a person who is played by cabals, mislead, ill informed who only realise his mistakes after the expiration of his tenure.
Youth need to stand up, learn leadership skills with patience & perseverance, enter the system no matter how decayed it is and bring the right revolution through the right process but exchanging insults on social media among the masses won't change anything. Unfortunately, our leaders are not even in control of their social media handles.
I hope we grow ball and get things right!
GEJ messed up big time. I was one of those who campaigned against him mainly because of the massive CORRUPTION and the "I don't care" attitude he displayed on many issues of importance. Although, we cant accuse him too much of nepotism. Neither did he destroy the system he inherited from Ya'radua. Unfortunately, Buhari is the biggest disappointment and worst President so far: he has turned GEJ into a saint by his dismal performance. He totally failed on every area of mandate he used to deceive people to vote for him. If not for Buhari's nepotism, the question of the difference between Hausa and Fulani would probably not have come up at all.

I am not Ibo, but fairness, equity and justice demand that an Ibo become our next president. Any argument against this is pure selfishness. How can we say ONE NIGERIA where resources, leadership and security is held in the hands of a few unit of the coalition we call Nigeria?
The serious unequal distribution of national asset is what is polarising Nigerians against themselves: unfortunately it seems that behind all our woes is a tribe who feel they own Nigeria and use every TRICK in the book to amass power and wealth. You will notice that the middle belt are now gradually dissociating themselves from the North (they have noticed that some animals are more equal than the others in the Northern template).

It is obvious that Buhari is pampering the Criminal Elements amongst his people simply because he knows that they are his people. A young man retaliated against a Fulani herder who destroyed his crops, before we know it he was in jail. A set of community leaders were locked up in Abuja for months because they said no to the excesses of the Fulani herders in their village. The story is endless. What has the President said about the killings in Benue at its peak, what gave the Criminal elements of the Fulani herdsmen the audacity to start kidnapping in Western Nigeria?
We know exactly what happed in 2015 how these people were brought from all over (in case they lost the election to PDP), fortunately, they won and they didn't have any plan for the "cowless" Fulani man who was invited from Ghana, Togo, Niger and Chad. Armed but with no cows it initially started as cattle rustlers, armed robbery and then to kidnapping.

The President and his people are pampering the bandits because they're from his tribe and honestly, it is too late to ask them to return from Ghana (where they have been displaced). Shouldn't Nigerians feel somehow when all the security architecture are headed mainly by northerners.

The truth is usually bitter but infectious and will spread given time.
I pray for the eventual freedom of Nigerians!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Enugu: Keke, Okada Riders To Regulate Operations In Igbo-Eze South, North LGAs / Our Girls Are Not Interested In Politics? / My Prophecy 2011 : Sectional Rebellion Army from The Nigeria Army

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 213
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.