Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,840 members, 7,810,237 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:24 AM

Weird Things Nigerians Do In UK And America To Avoid Deportation - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Weird Things Nigerians Do In UK And America To Avoid Deportation (70722 Views)

Legitimate Jobs Nigerians Do In Turkey / What Do Nigerians Do For A Living When They Travel Abroad? / 5 Things Most Nigerians Do On Vacation Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Weird Things Nigerians Do In UK And America To Avoid Deportation by AwesomeStormy00(m): 7:01pm On Apr 04, 2021
DemonInvoker:

Baba,Na one small Immigration matter still dey keep me for this country...9ja dey smell...No Sanity at all.

God will do it for you in Jesus name.

1 Like

Re: Weird Things Nigerians Do In UK And America To Avoid Deportation by Originalsly: 7:02pm On Apr 04, 2021
This write up is about people living abroad illegally. I want to believe it is based on hearsay and the writer never lived abroad. Some of.the stuff are off... like a doctor driving taxi to avoid child support payment. More likely he is driving taxi to make the payment and support himself.... he must pay or immediately becomes wanted. In general it shows the life of many that arrived with high hopes and expectations until they arrive and find situation on ground is not as expected. Worse is for those who do not have support .... people who will provide them with shelter etc. Many have this idea that they can begin with menial jobs as if menial jobs are there for the taking. Menial jobs in the US are dominated by Latinos... Mexicans to be precise. For security jobs.... certification is required... and so for caregiver's job. So what is left for an illegal to do? I pity many I see..... out in the cold... haggard.... can't even enter Shelters to avoid the cold because they are illegal. Have you ever seen a broken man?... broken as just existing?... not surviving?... all hope lost? ... and women ...oh well... that's a whole other story. Didn't know how to feel when one ... looks like she recently hit the wall and decided to turn to prostitution... just left an apartment and as we're going down in the elevator said " why do you men like to lie?". I found out she was illegal... went to have sex... the guy enjoyed himself but didn't pay her. There is nothing she can do about it ... unless she reported she was raped. That was for her to know... but not from me. Abroad is wired.... especially in these times... getting away is wayyyy more difficult than before.

9 Likes

Re: Weird Things Nigerians Do In UK And America To Avoid Deportation by Nobody: 7:03pm On Apr 04, 2021
nakaman:
I get my own plan sef, if I enter Yankee
omo iya mi
Re: Weird Things Nigerians Do In UK And America To Avoid Deportation by AwesomeStormy00(m): 7:03pm On Apr 04, 2021
Calitoscassius:
What does HSMP visa mean? Can anyone explain please? undecided

Highly Skilled Migrant Programme.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Highly_Skilled_Migrant_Programme#:~:text=The%20Highly%20Skilled%20Migrant%20Programme,work%20or%20self-employment%20opportunities.
Re: Weird Things Nigerians Do In UK And America To Avoid Deportation by vineyardfarms: 7:04pm On Apr 04, 2021
Calitoscassius:
So how are all these things you mentioned not a problem or curse?

PROBLEM THAT CAN BE FIXED. NOT CURSE - WE ARE BLESSED NATION
Re: Weird Things Nigerians Do In UK And America To Avoid Deportation by Nobody: 7:06pm On Apr 04, 2021
AwesomeStormy00:

God will do it for you in Jesus name.
Surely,I followed one Kenyan Babe to Nairobi and I was impressed...After She followed me down to Lagos she broke up with me.
Same thing with my Ghanaian Ex, She insisted on following me down to 9ja,After staying in Lag for two weeks she went back and broke up with me.
This country is cursed believe me.
Imagine Some Babes abroad still believe if they just land at Murtala International Airport they will steal them.
Re: Weird Things Nigerians Do In UK And America To Avoid Deportation by Calitoscassius(m): 7:11pm On Apr 04, 2021
vineyardfarms:

PROBLEM THAT CAN BE FIXED. NOT CURSE - WE ARE BLESSED NATION
Yea! for the last 50 years the problem are still not fixed. The president who is supposed to be fixing the problem is here in the UK relaxing. grin grin he is supposed to be fixing his country's hospitals but rather he is here seeking medical treatment.

The main problem in Nigeria is corruption, once you people gets rid of corruption everything else will fall into place. But it would be impossible co's everyone is corrupt in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Weird Things Nigerians Do In UK And America To Avoid Deportation by Calitoscassius(m): 7:12pm On Apr 04, 2021
AwesomeStormy00:

Highly Skilled Migrant Programme.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Highly_Skilled_Migrant_Programme#:~:text=The%20Highly%20Skilled%20Migrant%20Programme,work%20or%20self-employment%20opportunities.
danke!!
Re: Weird Things Nigerians Do In UK And America To Avoid Deportation by AwesomeStormy00(m): 7:13pm On Apr 04, 2021
DemonInvoker:

Surely,I followed one Kenyan Babe to Nairobi and I was impressed...After She followed me down to Lagos she broke up with me.
Same thing with my Ghanaian Ex, She insisted on following me down to 9ja,After staying in Lag for two weeks she went back and broke up with me.

I know exchange rate is bad now but if you can afford it try students visa, or try some I.T programs abroad i heard Germany is ok. Uk system is changing now cuz we are out of EU.

Listen there is always a way if you believe and determined. Always pray for guidance. God will see you through

1 Like

Re: Weird Things Nigerians Do In UK And America To Avoid Deportation by Obagreatdatoye(m): 7:16pm On Apr 04, 2021
Originalsly:
This write up is about people living abroad illegally. I want to believe it is based on hearsay and the writer never lived abroad. Some of.the stuff are off... like a doctor driving taxi to avoid child support payment. More likely he is driving taxi to make the payment and support himself.... he must pay or immediately becomes wanted. In general it shows the life of many that arrived with high hopes and expectations until they arrive and find situation on ground is not as expected. Worse is for those who do not have support .... people who will provide them with shelter etc. Many have this idea that they can begin with menial jobs as if menial jobs are there for the taking. Menial jobs in the US are dominated by Latinos... Mexicans to be precise. For security jobs.... certification is required... and so for caregiver's job. So what is left for an illegal to do? I pity many I see..... out in the cold... haggard.... can't even enter Shelters to avoid the cold because they are illegal. Have you ever seen a broken man?... broken as just existing?... not surviving?... all hope lost? ... and women ...oh well... that's a whole other story. Didn't know how to feel when one ... looks like she recently hit the wall and decided to turn to prostitution... just left an apartment and as we're going down in the elevator said " why do you men like to lie?". I found out she was illegal... went to have sex... the guy enjoyed himself but didn't pay her. There is nothing she can do about it ... unless she reported she was raped. That was for her to know... but not from me. Abroad is wired.... especially in these times... getting away is wayyyy more difficult than before.
nice one bro
Re: Weird Things Nigerians Do In UK And America To Avoid Deportation by opico24: 7:17pm On Apr 04, 2021
[quote author=olamide0147 post=100465819][/quote]

please make it tonight
Re: Weird Things Nigerians Do In UK And America To Avoid Deportation by opico24: 7:17pm On Apr 04, 2021
[quote author=olamide0147 post=100465819][/quote]

2118148306. uba
Re: Weird Things Nigerians Do In UK And America To Avoid Deportation by Calitoscassius(m): 7:18pm On Apr 04, 2021
Jaqenhghar:

Its the kind of white women he is talking of
naah!! The last on his lists was "getting married to whites" he already mentioned fat white women and all that, besides, what is also wrong with fat white women? Are some Nigerian women not fat?
Re: Weird Things Nigerians Do In UK And America To Avoid Deportation by 9jaRealist: 7:20pm On Apr 04, 2021
chianddora:

https://thenationonlineng.net/r-e-v-e-a-l-e-d-weird-things-nigerians-do-in-uk-america-to-avoid-deportation/

What do they do? They LIE of course! grin
Nigerians LIE to get into the US (and UK), and LIE to remain there.

FRAUD is just a natural way of life for most Nigerians...
It starts with their Nigerian documents and continues from there.

>

3 Likes

Re: Weird Things Nigerians Do In UK And America To Avoid Deportation by Nobody: 7:23pm On Apr 04, 2021
AwesomeStormy00:

I know exchange rate is bad now but if you can afford it try students visa, or try some I.T programs abroad i heard Germany is ok. Uk system is changing now cuz we are out of EU.

Listen there is always a way if you believe and determined. Always pray for guidance. God will see you through
No where is better Than the Six...How long have you stayed in the UK?!I definitely can't move to Germany.
Re: Weird Things Nigerians Do In UK And America To Avoid Deportation by Aeg0n: 7:25pm On Apr 04, 2021
Chykes4micheal:
I have this to say... I understand the plight of so many Nigerians and that why we all want to travel overseas or abroad as sweet as we call it grin

Nonetheless, let no one insult Nigeria. We have leadership problem as we all know but at least Nigeria is a fucking free country with the best of weathers. People are making it big in Nigeria, people are getting jobs, doing businesses, helping others in need, building houses, etc.

How many of you pay for the water you use to bath and cook at home. Once you have a borehole or well.... Gbam. Water is plenty everywhere. Light is not stable i know, but at least you are happy. Steady electricity cannot be your source of joy.

But it is not some people fault why they still want to travel abroad after they see pictures of their colleagues on the streets of London with sneakers and a hood jacket. Nigerians over there don't snap in their place of work, they can only snap when they get to one street like that or when they there is snow and you will see the picture and without thinking twice, you are already asking God when you will travel Abroad like say Abroad na Heaven grin grin cheesy

Do you even know that people dug boreholes and wells because the government failed to provide public water?

Have you ever asked yourself why they won't stop the importaion of generators and upgrade the power grids because they are the sole beneficiaries.

If your government can provide these basic amenities/facilities, do you think it's going to be for free?

I only know of fews states and Lagos; I'm aware LASG used to provide public water through Lagos State Water Cooperation and since it couldn't be properly maintained, it's now a story. The reason why everybody isn't paying taxes in Nigeria is because there's no proper documentation hence the reason for frauds in the institutions but with time, thing would change for betterment because NIN/BVN would serve Just like SSN. Because you are probably making it in Nigeria doesn't make you better than them - it's just because you are you to get a chance to jet out yet.

1 Like

Re: Weird Things Nigerians Do In UK And America To Avoid Deportation by 9jaRealist: 7:26pm On Apr 04, 2021
vineyardfarms:
NO SIR. NIGERIA IS BLESSED AND HIGHLY FAVORED BY GOD. NIGERIA PROBLEM ARE : ROGUE - FOOLISH -GREEDY - EVIL - BASTARD - SPOILERS - WASTERS - DEMONIC - VISIONLESS - LEADERS. IMAGINE A PRESIDENT ON MEDICAL TRIP TO UK AT A TIME WHEN DOCTORS AT HOME ARE ON STRIKE.

So the same “God” that supposedly “favored” Nigeria...
Also put rogue, foolish, greedy, evil, bastard, spoilers, wasters, demonic people there?

How is that a “favor” since PEOPLE are a nation’s best resource?
You folks keep relying on imported superstitions, while the rest of humanity is working hard.
>

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Weird Things Nigerians Do In UK And America To Avoid Deportation by dederocs(m): 7:26pm On Apr 04, 2021
CocoaOla:
The Nigeria system and standards of living
NIGERIA politicians raping Nigerians inequalities everywhere

Nigeria problem is too much
Try being among the rich...they are poor people everywhere. 90% of Americans are poor/dependent on welfare.

1 Like

Re: Weird Things Nigerians Do In UK And America To Avoid Deportation by 9jaRealist: 7:29pm On Apr 04, 2021
dederocs:

Try being among the rich...they are poor people everywhere. 90% of Americans are poor/dependent on welfare.

Abegi, not 90% - not even close... grin grin cheesy
But a large number are poor or are barely subsistent.
>

1 Like

Re: Weird Things Nigerians Do In UK And America To Avoid Deportation by chatinent: 7:36pm On Apr 04, 2021
The stigma of going abroad as a promising somebody and coming back as a promising nobody has made numerous Nigerians remain abroad. They can't beat the shame and over-expectations from their families back home.

If I have a good life, and a promising job back home, I wouldn't think of leaving.

2 Likes

Re: Weird Things Nigerians Do In UK And America To Avoid Deportation by neonbash0: 7:36pm On Apr 04, 2021
This is a very dumb post. You kidding me, dawg?! Like for real though?

You an agent of buhari or you just unfortunate?

Anyone who is lucky enough to leave nigeria especially one from a low income/poor income/ middle income background has started a process to redefine his future. Only a fool would migrate to the WEST and not have a definite purpose. I've actually seen lots of African immigrants in the US with no papers, no jobs but totally hungry for opportunities and success. And on God,they be living real good ATM. It's all about determination.

I met one Nigerian. Kunle in 2014. He got to the us with a B1/B2 Visa and decided to stay back. He was a lawyer in nigeria. Although he wasn't practicing. No firm would accept him. He said he stayed home for almost four years, Hoping and praying.

When he finally linked up with another coursemate who already left to further his education in the US (as per a wealthy man's son) via social media.

He processed his paperwork for visa and luckily he got it. He got to the US. His friend refused to meet him up at JFK to pick him up. Infact his line wasn't available at that time.

He walked out of the airport, got a taxi and luckily he got a Jamaican taxi driver. Also an immigrant, although he's got his PR. Kunle told the driver his issue. For some reason, the driver bought his story and took him to (I don't wanna give out vital info) where he'd be staying but not for free. He's gotta work to keep up(pay rents and stuffs). The Jamaican's were solid. He did cleaning and laundry for them until he got a handle on things. Over time, he worked at a grocery and did security services. It took him a year to fully integrate. Without papers it was a tad difficult but considering his location, ICE were not on his tail.

Anyway, long story short. He went back to school. A community college in NYC. It's free. He was still working. But he changed his field. From law to Nursing.

I later asked why nursing?

He said, because he was no longer a young adult to start up another career that'd take up to 5years to achieve. Besides he couldn't practice law in the US , since nigerian law is very different from that of the US.

2019, July he finally got married but he already got a son in 2018 from same woman. She's a medical practitioner in the same outlet as him.

What I'm I saying?!
His life is forever changed and that of his children.

Y'all never wondered why Actress Regina Asika with all her fame at that time still left Nigeria to start afresh as a Nurse in the US?

Most prominent families send their wives abroad to give birth so their children can have dual citizenship. Why? Even with all their power and wealth here in Nigeria. Why go abroad?

You know the answer sadly

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Weird Things Nigerians Do In UK And America To Avoid Deportation by Uchemus(m): 7:36pm On Apr 04, 2021
Chykes4micheal:

Dont call Nigeria a cursed country abeg. People are making it big time in Nigeria. There is no country that does not have her shortcomings or bad sides. Just for your info
All you folks saying making it thinks it's all about the money. You people forget not everyone is after money, some just want to be in a sane environment. Bros, Nigeria is rotten, the earlier we tell ourselfs the truth and solve the problem, the better.

7 Likes

Re: Weird Things Nigerians Do In UK And America To Avoid Deportation by tosinhtml: 7:41pm On Apr 04, 2021
Vaughanlanrewaj:

It really does not matter sir. It's just a matter of time, you will realise that you will get from Nigeria what you wish for Nigeria. You will get from Detroit same thing you wish for Detroit. I know someone who talks down on Nigeria like you and feels he has spent long enough overseas to insulate him from the curses he rains on his fatherland. When covid-19 swept people away in the UK, he was one of those who didn't make it back enough and the rest is history. He is 6 feet down below somewhere overseas not even his graveyard was seen by his relative here in Nigeria.
When he needed to run down to Nigeria, by providence, our airspace was shut and he was shut out. He got exactly the bad stuff he gives to the land and even both his living and dead did not make it back to Nigeria.
If you can't bless the Land, don't curse it because it will haunt you someday.
Money and character are two different things. If you don't have a proper upbringing, sadly, you can't buy it. Bibire o se fowora

Bro don't mind the olamide0147 dude. He his a poor dude in Nigeria.

From every of his words you can tell that he his lying. Nigeria is a shitty place, yes we all agree but saying It's better to be a fugitive abroad means that such person is frustrated.

It is those that are frustrated or don't have a choice of leaving Nigeria that usually speak in this manner.
Re: Weird Things Nigerians Do In UK And America To Avoid Deportation by AwesomeStormy00(m): 7:49pm On Apr 04, 2021
DemonInvoker:

No where is better Than the Six...How long have you stayed in the UK?!I definitely can't move to Germany.

Nearly 2 decades by God grace
Re: Weird Things Nigerians Do In UK And America To Avoid Deportation by walesho(m): 7:52pm On Apr 04, 2021
dederocs:

Only poor and struggling people in Nigeria, travel as illegal immigrants...nothing fancy about doing menial jobs etc...richest Nigerians live in Nigeria.

Its not always about money, but good standard of living.

24/7 electricity

good roads

basic amenities and well structured infrastructures.

5 Likes

Re: Weird Things Nigerians Do In UK And America To Avoid Deportation by Nobody: 7:52pm On Apr 04, 2021
AwesomeStormy00:

Nearly 2 decades by God grace
Baba,Send me iv abeg.
Re: Weird Things Nigerians Do In UK And America To Avoid Deportation by neonbash0: 7:53pm On Apr 04, 2021
dederocs:

Don't be lying!
It's very easy to make wealth in America. I know this because I'm American. Half white(mom) & Half black(dad- Nigerian).

Anywho!
There are low income People living in low income housing and also the homeless based on their poor choices. And most homeless folks are immigrants too mostly from Latin America. I'm not being racist. Just facts.

I've been in nigeria for a minute and even not been in the US, the government still sent me my stimulus check(cheque) the 3times they've given home based Americans.

That's a govt that works. Unlike your selfish buhari's admin that hoards everything. Such shame.

So y'all if you're reading this and wants something better for your children, please migrate. For your children's sake.

America might not be the best but I'd take her over nigeria anyday, anytime

7 Likes

Re: Weird Things Nigerians Do In UK And America To Avoid Deportation by Pelxmiye(m): 7:57pm On Apr 04, 2021
DemonInvoker:

Imagine Some Babes abroad still believe if they just land at Murtala International Airport they will steal them.

A real problem, same with my Angolan babe, her parents said Nigeria is bad and that kidnappers and ritualists are all over the country

3 Likes

Re: Weird Things Nigerians Do In UK And America To Avoid Deportation by Goldenheart(m): 7:58pm On Apr 04, 2021
cheesy People wey go travel go still travel
Re: Weird Things Nigerians Do In UK And America To Avoid Deportation by Goldenheart(m): 8:00pm On Apr 04, 2021
neonbash0:

Don't be lying!
It's very easy to make wealth in America. I know this because I'm American. Half white(mom) & Half black(dad- Nigerian).

Anywho!
There are low income People living in low income housing and also the homeless based on their poor choices. And most homeless folks are immigrants too mostly from Latin America. I'm not being racist. Just facts.

I've been in nigeria for a minute and even not been in the US, the government still sent me my stimulus check(cheque) the 3times they've given home based Americans.

That's a govt that works. Unlike your selfish buhari's admin that hoards everything. Such shame.

So y'all if you're reading this and wants something better for your children, please migrate. For your children's sake.

America might not be the best but I'd take her over nigeria anyday, anytime

Chop knuckle grin

2 Likes

Re: Weird Things Nigerians Do In UK And America To Avoid Deportation by AwesomeStormy00(m): 8:05pm On Apr 04, 2021
neonbash0:
This is a very dumb post. You kidding me, dawg?! Like for real though?

You an agent of buhari or you just unfortunate?

Anyone who is lucky enough to leave nigeria especially one from a low income/poor income/ middle income background has started a process to redefine his future. Only a fool would migrate to the WEST and not have a definite purpose. I've actually seen lots of African immigrants in the US with no papers, no jobs but totally hungry for opportunities and success. And on God,they be living real good ATM. It's all about determination.

I met one Nigerian. Kunle in 2014. He got to the us with a B1/B2 Visa and decided to stay back. He was a lawyer in nigeria. Although he wasn't practicing. No firm would accept him. He said he stayed home for almost four years, Hoping and praying.

When he finally linked up with another coursemate who already left to further his education in the US (as per a wealthy man's son) via social media.

He processed his paperwork for visa and luckily he got it. He got to the US. His friend refused to meet him up at JFK to pick him up. Infact his line wasn't available at that time.

He walked out of the airport, got a taxi and luckily he got a Jamaican taxi driver. Also an immigrant, although he's got his PR. Kunle told the driver his issue. For some reason, the driver bought his story and took him to (I don't wanna give out vital info) where he'd be staying but not for free. He's gotta work to keep up(pay rents and stuffs). The Jamaican's were solid. He did cleaning and laundry for them until he got a handle on things. Over time, he worked at a grocery and did security services. It took him a year to fully integrate. Without papers it was a tad difficult but considering his location, ICE were not on his tail.

Anyway, long story short. He went back to school. A community college in NYC. It's free. He was still working. But he changed his field. From law to Nursing.

I later asked why nursing?

He said, because he was no longer a young adult to start up another career that'd take up to 5years to achieve. Besides he couldn't practice law in the US , since nigerian law is very different from that of the US.

2019, July he finally got married but he already got a son in 2018 from same woman. She's a medical practitioner in the same outlet as him.

What I'm I saying?!
His life is forever changed and that of his children.

Y'all never wondered why Actress Regina Asika with all her fame at that time still left Nigeria to start afresh as a Nurse in the US?

Most prominent families send their wives abroad to give birth so their children can have dual citizenship. Why? Even with all their power and wealth here in Nigeria. Why go abroad?

You know the answer sadly

This is inspiring story... thank you for sharing sir
Re: Weird Things Nigerians Do In UK And America To Avoid Deportation by Nobody: 8:05pm On Apr 04, 2021
Pelxmiye:

A real problem, same with my Angolan babe, her parents said Nigeria is bad and that kidnappers and ritualists are all over the country
Hahahaaaaaa lolangry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Coldest States In Nigeria / National Park Abuja Video, Photo: You Won't Believe This Place Exist In Nigeria / The Man Who Caused A Scare At The Lagos Airport Today Pictured

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.