Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,562 members, 7,843,754 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 10:42 AM

See The "World's Richest" Tribe - And It's African! (PIX) - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / See The "World's Richest" Tribe - And It's African! (PIX) (10285 Views)

TOP10 Most Popular Spots in the World to Take Selfies - One Is African (PIX) / Jeff Bezos: Flying Fox Mega Yacht Rumored To Be Owned By World's Richest Man / Richest Tribe In Africa 2019 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See The "World's Richest" Tribe - And It's African! (PIX) by IronGalaxy: 10:41am On Apr 06, 2021
AfriqueDuZuid:

So they used to call white people masters? > grin grin grin

it's projection. Its basically how Nigerians see white people. No African nation reveres ,worships and adores white people quite like Nigerians. They are like those tribes that live in the jungle and see a helicopter for the first time.

1 Like

Re: See The "World's Richest" Tribe - And It's African! (PIX) by selemempe: 10:41am On Apr 06, 2021
YEBOmadiba:

Sandton was a small town 30 years ago today it is the richest square mile in Africa, u telling us bout Abuja grin, just the number of schools built in SA by ANC is double the value of Abuja ;Dget outta here man, Abuja with less than 2 highways
Sandton was built by whites and Asians excaping the rapid decline of inner city of Johannesburg. It's black population is just 34% made up mainly of nannies and security guards.

Abuja only has two highways... you are high on drugs bro
Re: See The "World's Richest" Tribe - And It's African! (PIX) by IronGalaxy: 10:44am On Apr 06, 2021
selemempe:
and for your information I used to love you guys. Watch a lot of eTV back then. Rhythm city and one other show. That was before xenophobia
Now tell me why I should keep liking people who obsessively hate my people?
Unless you are living under a rock, Nigerians are not a nationality that many are fond of..it's about you do an introspection.

Don't care if like me or not, doesn't change Price of bread

1 Like

Re: See The "World's Richest" Tribe - And It's African! (PIX) by selemempe: 10:54am On Apr 06, 2021
IronGalaxy:
even that were though this is true the fact is black hands laid the bricks, financed with our minerals, mined by us. It's like saying African Americans never contributed anything to American prosperity. The fact is development is still continuing, who's responsible for that now?
fixed

Besides the mineral isn't yours. Many of you Bantus immigrated to the current south Africa from Botswana after Afrikaans arrived.
They have more claim to those lands than you nomads
Re: See The "World's Richest" Tribe - And It's African! (PIX) by IronGalaxy: 10:54am On Apr 06, 2021
selemempe:
Why should I quit acting intellectual when that's exactly what I am? grin Mzansi teens sha undecided
Bro a documentary done by the BBC about apartheid in 1970 said that only about 400 Blacks were in universities at the time. Maybe those 400 blacks became your brightest minds. They aren't particularly bright though (compared to their Nigerian counterparts) for we Know that black south Africans are not visible on the global stage.
In the the billionaire list of south Africa, only one is black in a country they are 80%. And we all know how corrupt allocation of mines by the ANC made him rich
South Africa does not have one black billionaire, they are plenty. And if you talking about Mostsepe he's not even ANC affiliated. Even if we had one black billionaire and you have 50 its pointless if the standards of your living are poor. You have poor healthcare, roads, electricity etc and you celebrate that you have 30 Black billionaires who could solve those problems but don't.urgh

I like how you Nigerians always claim superior intelligence but nothing shows with the state of your country. We even dwarf you in literacy levels.

Visible on what stage? Black South Africans arent overly Gaga about Europe and oyinbo like you Nigerians. There are those who go to the UK to study but come back. Its not a status symbol like it is over there
Re: See The "World's Richest" Tribe - And It's African! (PIX) by IronGalaxy: 10:55am On Apr 06, 2021
selemempe:
fixed
This is neither a response or anything. You are mute
Re: See The "World's Richest" Tribe - And It's African! (PIX) by IronGalaxy: 10:58am On Apr 06, 2021
selemempe:
Sandton was built by whites and Asians excaping the rapid decline of inner city of Johannesburg. It's black population is just 34% made up mainly of nannies and security guards.

A South African city with no live-in black population in a country with the biggest middle class black.

You are high on drugs
Re: See The "World's Richest" Tribe - And It's African! (PIX) by IronGalaxy: 11:03am On Apr 06, 2021
selemempe:
fixed

Besides the mineral isn't yours. Many of you Bantus immigrated to the current south Africa from Botswana after Afrikaans arrived.
They have more claim to those lands than you nomads
Now even the minerals arent ours LMFAO. These levels of envy are unbelievable. So what now,..Shaka Zulu a Zulu man is a descendant of Bastwana? You know what ? You an empty vessel, a vessel that keeps making noise. I would honestly keep quiet if were you. You know too little.
Re: See The "World's Richest" Tribe - And It's African! (PIX) by selemempe: 11:11am On Apr 06, 2021
IronGalaxy:
A South African city with no live-in black population in a country with the biggest middle class black.

You are high on drugs
your understanding shows your university of Shaka Zulu, Bantu education undecided
I said many of the black population are just househelps. I didn't say all of them were.
Again which statistics and research gave you the largest middle income Black population? A university of Shaka Zulu research?

And for your other post where you seemed to suggest I said non of you Bantus were indigenous to SA...I didn't...I said many of you immigrated southwards later
Re: See The "World's Richest" Tribe - And It's African! (PIX) by IronGalaxy: 11:11am On Apr 06, 2021
selemempe:
I love non-black South Africans. I spent some nice evenings with an Indian south African...cool dude
But the only experience I have had with a black south African turned sour because of irrational hate against Nigerians....at a time when I did didn't even know things were like that
Look at this naive simpleton grin grin If there's one thing South Africans of all races and sexes have in common is the disdain for Nigerians, Nigerians are justnot held with a high esteem here. You chill with one bored Indian and you think they all like you? Ha ha ha. But it's typical of you people, always seeking validation and acceptance form non-blacks.
Re: See The "World's Richest" Tribe - And It's African! (PIX) by selemempe: 11:14am On Apr 06, 2021
IronGalaxy:
Look at this naive simpleton grin grin If there's one thing South Africans of all races and sexes have in common is the disdain for Nigerians, Nigerians are justnot held with a high esteem here. You chill with one bored Indian and you think they all like you? Ha ha ha. But it's typical of you people, always seeking validation and acceptance form non-blacks.
I have mingled with at least 6 non Black south Africans since I came to Qatar, they were all good people. But just the one black I mingled with left a bad taste in my mouth.
Re: See The "World's Richest" Tribe - And It's African! (PIX) by YEBOmadiba: 11:15am On Apr 06, 2021
selemempe:

Oh wow, nannies and security guards can afford Sandton property and make up 34% of the population grin u so bitter about black South Africans you have nothing good to say about them. In the meantime get your gay tongue out white men's ass my man, it's embarrassing how much credit you giving them.

You should read up on the Public Investment Corporation (PIC) of SA. It's not worth US$130 BILLION for nothing, it's building the country. SA spends $98 BILLION on infrastructure each year, you telling me about Abuja. Please sit down.
Re: See The "World's Richest" Tribe - And It's African! (PIX) by IronGalaxy: 11:18am On Apr 06, 2021
selemempe:
your understanding shows your university of Shaka Zulu, Bantu education undecided
I said many of the black population are just househelps. I didn't say all of them were.
Again which statistics and research gave you the largest middle income Black population? A university of Shaka Zulu research?

And for your other post where you seemed to suggest I said non of you Bantus were indigenous to SA...I didn't...I said many of you immigrated southwards later
It's actually University of Kwa Zulu Natal. cool

And someone who's been to Sandton to see acquaintances says you're talking BS,. The biggest middle class is black..at this point you are trying to rebuff anything and everything

Okay, the sky in SA is blue...watch him try rebuffing this

You clearly said we come from Botswana..gringrin grin you clearly don't know what you're talking about

1 Like

Re: See The "World's Richest" Tribe - And It's African! (PIX) by YEBOmadiba: 11:18am On Apr 06, 2021
selemempe:
You have not remarkably improved SA and I'm sure you know this.
I'm Suffering? I just bought a bungalow in this estate in Enugu for less than 500k Rands equivalent. It has security, water and electricity. Close to the city centre and I get to pay installmentally for 10 years. Nigeria is not so good but we are not doing as badly as we claim

At the bolded in your post, it should be 'shown' not showed. Learn your verbs undecided or are you a student of University of Shaka Zulu?

We spend close to $100 Billion on public infrastructure each year, that money is building stuff you refuse to admit. Just coz we don't have a city called Abuja doesn't mean our existing ones haven't been expanded and upgraded. You said it yourself SA is a huge country, we not short of land for expansion in our cities. You think like a child my guy, if u don't see a new hyped-up city u refuse to believe there's progress. I blame the hardship in your country for your slow thinking
Re: See The "World's Richest" Tribe - And It's African! (PIX) by IronGalaxy: 11:20am On Apr 06, 2021
YEBOmadiba:

Oh wow, nannies and security guards can afford Sandton property and make up 34% of the population grin u so bitter about black South Africans you have nothing good to say about them. In the meantime get your gay tongue out white men's ass my man, it's embarrassing how much credit you giving them.

You should read up on the Public Investment Corporation (PIC) of SA. It's not worth US$130 BILLION for nothing, it's building the country. SA spends $98 BILLION on infrastructure each year, you telling me about Abuja. Please sit down.

hes busy massaging Massa's anus. I tell you if there's one trait i hate about Nigerians more than their drug dealing ways it's their white worship

1 Like

Re: See The "World's Richest" Tribe - And It's African! (PIX) by YEBOmadiba: 11:21am On Apr 06, 2021
IronGalaxy:
hes busy massaging Massa's anus. I tell you if there's one trait i hate about Nigerians more than their drug dealing ways it's their white worship

Got u IG cool
Re: See The "World's Richest" Tribe - And It's African! (PIX) by IronGalaxy: 11:22am On Apr 06, 2021
selemempe:
I have mingled with at least 6 non Black south Africans since I came to Qatar, they were all good people. But just the one black I mingled with left a bad taste in my mouth.
Doesn't change the fact that South Africans of all races have only disdain for you. And quit this Qatar game now.lol we know you are somewhere in kirirki with flip flops grin grin
Re: See The "World's Richest" Tribe - And It's African! (PIX) by selemempe: 11:27am On Apr 06, 2021
IronGalaxy:
It's actually University of Kwa Zulu Natal. cool

And someone who's been to Sandton to see acquaintances says you're talking BS,. The biggest middle class is black..at this point you are trying to rebuff anything and everything

Okay, the sky in SA is blue...watch him try rebuffing this

You clearly said we come from Botswana..gringrin grin you clearly don't know what you're talking about
oh is it? undecided
Of course the sky is blue. I will always agree with you if you say the fact...not when you don't
Re: See The "World's Richest" Tribe - And It's African! (PIX) by selemempe: 11:30am On Apr 06, 2021
IronGalaxy:
Doesn't change the fact that South Africans of all races have only disdain for you. And quit this Qatar game now.lol we know you are somewhere in kirirki with flip flops grin grin
and you are in Alexandra ghetto Guateng with one hand on your dick and the other alternating between nairaland and xvideos... while quoting unverified University of Shaka Zulu statistics undecided
Re: See The "World's Richest" Tribe - And It's African! (PIX) by selemempe: 11:31am On Apr 06, 2021
IronGalaxy:
if we don't feed you addicts drugs like the big brother we are, who will? kiss
We are only playing our role
Re: See The "World's Richest" Tribe - And It's African! (PIX) by YEBOmadiba: 11:39am On Apr 06, 2021
selemempe:
if we don't feed you addicts drugs like the big brother we are, who will? kiss
We are only playing our role

U know what we do to u druglords, that's why u so bitter. So your smiley face is not fooling anyone. It's hiding a lot of pain cool
Re: See The "World's Richest" Tribe - And It's African! (PIX) by selemempe: 11:40am On Apr 06, 2021
YEBOmadiba:

U know what we do to u druglords, that's why u so bitter. So your smiley face is not fooling anyone. It's hiding a lot of pain cool
yeah we are druglords and you are drug addicts. Perfect blend of misfits grin
I'd rather be the former though
Re: See The "World's Richest" Tribe - And It's African! (PIX) by YEBOmadiba: 12:35pm On Apr 06, 2021
selemempe:
yeah we are druglords and you are drug addicts. Perfect blend of misfits grin
I'd rather be the former though

U mean u a dead druglord? That's what ud rather be? shocked grin 100s of u are killed in SA every single year without fail , and our govt does absolutely nothing about it, coz killing a Nigerian is like killing a dog in SA. We even killing your diplomats and u can do jack about grin this is where you'll finish your ranting my man, online and faceless, you're a small boy
Re: See The "World's Richest" Tribe - And It's African! (PIX) by selemempe: 2:41pm On Apr 06, 2021
YEBOmadiba:

U mean u a dead druglord? That's what ud rather be? shocked grin 100s of u are killed in SA every single year without fail , and our govt does absolutely nothing about it, coz killing a Nigerian is like killing a dog in SA. We even killing your diplomats and u can do jack about grin this is where you'll finish your ranting my man, online and faceless, you're a small boy
but we are still selling drugs to you bro. And business is booming cheesy
Re: See The "World's Richest" Tribe - And It's African! (PIX) by IronGalaxy: 6:28pm On Apr 06, 2021
selemempe:
and you are in Alexandra ghetto Guateng with one hand on your dick and the other alternating between nairaland and xvideos... while quoting unverified University of Shaka Zulu statistics undecided
Lol, and you are somewhere in the slums of makoko with a dirty dashiki and flip flops attempting to start a generator grin grin

2 Likes

Re: See The "World's Richest" Tribe - And It's African! (PIX) by TMKsouth: 10:48am On Apr 07, 2021
IronGalaxy:
Lol, and you are somewhere in the slums of makoko with a dirty dashiki and flip flops attempting to start a generator grin grin

grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: See The "World's Richest" Tribe - And It's African! (PIX) by gimakon2(m): 6:57pm On Apr 09, 2021
TMKsouth:

What do you mean?

HE just day talk nonsense no mind am

1 Like

Re: See The "World's Richest" Tribe - And It's African! (PIX) by theInterpreter: 8:32pm On Sep 03, 2021
Yeomadiba tmksouth irongalaxy afriqueduzuid

Selempe is not a good representation of Nigerians here

He is an IPOB fool angry

1 Like

Re: See The "World's Richest" Tribe - And It's African! (PIX) by TMKsouth: 10:18pm On Sep 03, 2021
theInterpreter:
Yeomadiba tmksouth irongalaxy afriqueduzuid

Selempe is not a good representation of Nigerians here

He is an IPOB fool angry

A fool he really is wink Haven't seen that mumu in a while, come to think of it.

1 Like

Re: See The "World's Richest" Tribe - And It's African! (PIX) by Shaolin77: 1:05pm On Sep 28, 2021
TMKsouth:
Reuters

A South African kingdom that partly governs a small stretch of the country's platinum belt has managed to transform mineral wealth into social stability.

The Royal Bafokeng Nation has funnelled money it earns from its Royal Bafokeng Platinum (RBPLat) company into a mini sovereign wealth fund that provides cash for schools, clinics and infrastructure.

A little larger than New York City, the kingdom stands out as a beacon of success amid the poverty of the platinum belt, which is home to nearly 80 percent of the world's known platinum reserves.

Although the nation is often called “the country's richest tribe”, it is still far from a paradise.

Its unemployment rate is well above the national average and crime is high, as are HIV infection rates. RBPLat pays its workers about the same as other platinum firms.

But the wages appear to go much further because of the kingdom's social spending, residents say.

For pensioners such as Baanjo Mfulmwane, the kingdom sends out vans to shuttle them for medical treatment: “There is someone to pick me up even though I don't have money,” she said.

Schools

At Lemao Boitshoko's school in Phokeng (the capital city), classmates play soccer under solar-powered floodlights on a synthetic pitch imported from Italy - facilities that would be difficult to find elsewhere in the platinum belt.

“I want to be a doctor. I can do that anywhere, but it's a lot easier to do because I live here,” Boitshoko said.

Public schools have, at the minimum, qualified teachers, books, desks and electricity. The ratio of students passing a high school graduation exam in the Bafokeng kingdom is about 20 percentage points above the national average.

Accomodation

Most miners in the Bafokeng Nation live with their families in modest homes connected to electricity lines and clean water, and along paved roads where garbage is regularly collected.

The conditions are far better than the shanties around many South African platinum mines, where miners pay to live alone in shacks without water, electricity and plumbing, sending money to extended families far away.

Investments

The kingdom set up Royal Bafokeng Holdings in 2006 to manage and develop its commercial assets, merging two other funds. It is a major shareholder in Impala Platinum and Zurich Insurance Company South Africa, and holds shares in major telecoms firm Vodacom and local manufacturers.

The holding company's portfolio was valued at $2.92 billion, according to its 2011 annual report. In 2010, it provided an $92.92 million dividend to the Royal Bafokeng Nation, equal to about $620 per person.

Three quarters of the dividend went to schools, sewage systems, roads, electric lines, sports, police, housing and social welfare, according to the kingdom's accounts published on the Internet, providing additional benefits over and above what the local and national governments spend.

The remainder, about $23.23 million, was spent on administration, including an undisclosed salary for the king.

The Future

At the current rate of platinum extraction, the mineral reserves in the Bafokeng land will last another 35 to 40 years, according the kingdom's estimates.

King Kgosi Leruo Molotlegi, born in 1968, trained as an architect and has a penchant for well-tailored suits. He is said to understand that the platinum wealth provides only a short timeframe to transform the kingdom.

“Our governance and internal controls must be benchmarked against the very best,” he wrote in the kingdom's master plan.

“Our plans must be realistic and affordable.”

Igbos are the richest and wealthiest tribe in Africa
Re: See The "World's Richest" Tribe - And It's African! (PIX) by TMKsouth: 2:01pm On Sep 28, 2021
Shaolin77:
Igbos are the richest and wealthiest tribe in Africa

We're talking facts here, not wishful thinking.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Visa Application To Norway / Lagos To Divert Traffic At Stadium For Today's World Cup Qualifying Match / Any Nigerian In Bulgaria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.