Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,518 members, 7,830,532 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:25 AM

Itsekiri Are Part Of The Greater Oduduwa Family- Ooni - Culture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Itsekiri Are Part Of The Greater Oduduwa Family- Ooni (6157 Views)

Olu Of Warri Kicks Out Ayiri, Revalidates Iyatsere, 10 Other Itsekiri Chiefs / Olu Of Warri Coronation: Tsola Emiko Walking Before Departing For Ode-Itsekiri / Itsekiri Are Part Of The Greater Oduduwa Family- Ooni (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Itsekiri Are Part Of The Greater Oduduwa Family- Ooni by TAO11(f): 11:12pm On Apr 09, 2021
samuk:
[s]••• We all just listen to the video of Oba of Lagos which was less than a minute, yet someone still find the need to misinterpret what was clearly said and there were Yorubas that supported the lies whilst others said nothing. You will hardly find any Yoruba calling out one of their own no matter the amount of lies being told.•••[/s]
You’re a grand fraud. You and I know you’re a fraud. As such I won’t stop rubbing your fraudulent scheme all over your ugly face.
————————————

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rOsp9VLRFno

(Point 1) Oba Akiolu’s statement says: “... the first oba of Lagos is a male descendant of Oba of Benin ...”

(Point 2) The official recognition of who is the “first oba” always swings — in Lagos accounts — between Ashipa (father) and Ado (son).

Just as a similar recognition (of first Benin oba) always swings — in Benin accounts — between Oranmiyan (father) and Eweka (son).

(Point 3) Lagos accounts are unmistakably clear that Ashipa is an Awori noble (of Ife royal ancestry) from Isheri.

(Point 4) Oba Akiolu’s reference here to the “first Oba” is therefore by necessity in reference to AdoAshipa’s son.

(Point 5) Oba Akiolu’s precise words, viz. “male descendant of Oba of Benin” appears to have been carefully chosen.

He avoided saying “paternal descendant” or “patrilineal descendant” which would have meant something else.

(Point 6) Oba Akiolu’s emphasis is thus clearly on the child-descendant himself (i.e. a male descendant, i.e. a descended son).

(Point 6) Oba Akiolu’s word does NOT relate in any guise to the agent(s) through whom the child was descended — in which case the wording [if the agent(s) is(are) male(s)] would have been:

Paternal descendant,” or “patrilineal descendant”.

(Point 7) Oba Akiolu’s statement here is therefore in complete agreement with the native accounts of Lagos history.

(Point 8 ) And the traditional account of Lagos history states that:

Ashipa (the progenitor of the Lagos monarchy and father of Ado) is a Yoruba man.

(Point 9) And that Ashipa only gave birth to his son, Ado through a Benin woman. The son was born and raised in his mother’s land — Benin.

(Point 10) Lastly, Oba Akiolu later declared emphatically in this same interview that Lagos does NOT belong to Benin kingdom. See times-stamp 5:44 of the full and untampered video embedded below.

Cheers!

2 Likes

Re: Itsekiri Are Part Of The Greater Oduduwa Family- Ooni by Fezz: 12:02am On Apr 10, 2021
samuk:

Nice one, just to add, Benin is too vast to be viewed from a narrow prism. Every tribes that claimed Benin ancestry and left Benin centuries ago left with different strands/piece of Benin history that will sound strange to those at the heart of the empire today. I have read historical accounts of pre colonial Benin that I find difficult to reconcile with the Benin history I know and if not that these accounts were written by eyewitness to the events, it would have be difficult to believe them.

The study of Benin history can't be narrowed down to Benin city and Edo state alone. There are still numerous pre colonial writings of Benin history in various European languages still yet to be translated. No one person can claim to know Benin history more than others and my advice is whenever we come across new information coming from a Benin compatriot, we shouldn't be too quick to attack.

We all should stick to the area of Benin history we know, there is hardly anyone around hear that can claim to be expert in Benin history, we are all still scratching the surface.

Benin compatriot telling Benin history best to their ability are not enemies, if you don't agree, you can simply just ignore it, at the end of the day, it's left for them to support their claims if they wish. We all just listen to the video of Oba of Lagos which was less than a minute, yet someone still find the need to misinterpret what was clearly said and there were Yorubas that supported the lies whilst others said nothing. You will hardly find any Yoruba calling out one of their own no matter the amount of lies being told.

The Yoruba have a mission and deploying all means and especially lies to steal Benin history and yet some of us are looking for fault amongst their compatriots, not a very wise move.

Why do the Igbo call Benin Idu?
Why do the Urhobos call Benin Aka and others that interacted with Benin have several more names that will sound strange to the modern Benin person. All these names carry their own history that should be study, we must all approach Benin history with broad minds while we remain vigilant to Yoruba lies that started in late 1800s.

Samuk, I have studied your write ups for a while now and I must admit you are one of the smartest Benin supporters in this forum. You pay attention and you study people a lot before you respond. That is an act of wisdom so keep it up.

You nailed my points. Benin city is just a fraction of the great Benin empire. It is only wise for Benin historians to know about the history of the Benin empire and all the clans within the empire and don't just focus on Edo alone.

The Yorubas best the benins in arguments not because their history is authentic but because they have studied their personal weaknesses, they have studied their opponents history and also they depend a lot onicer team work.

The benins history is so pure and genuine, but you need to have a deeper knowledge of the Benin empire as a whole and also study the Yoruba history as well because their history is flawed and very shallow. You can easily pick up errors from their history.

For example, Akka as you mentioned was the first son of pa Idu and the edo speaking tribe originated from akka and that is why till today the Urhobos call the Edo speaking people Akka. The Urhobos descended from Ihobo and they are all brothers. Other descendants of Pa Idu are efa and emehi, and their descendants are the esans, afemai etc. They all lived together as one family before they spread across the edo/delta region.

So can you see why it's good to study the pre-historic era of other clans such as the Urhobos etc because they will fill up the missing links of your history. It is true that the likes of the esans and Urhobos migrated to their present locations during internal wars or other disputes in Benin kingdom but you should realise that they migrated to those lands already inhabited by their ancestors that they were family with (efa, emehi, Ihobo)etc

The Yorubas are taking advantage of loopholes. For example, do you know that ubini was not derived from ile-ibinu as the yorubas usually say. Ubini has always been known as another name for igodomigo since the era of the ogisos. Ubini means "place of inexhaustible resources". Oranmiyan could not speak Edo language and that is why he mispronounced ile- ubini for ile-ibinu But the yorubas have hammered on that error and tried to use it to their advantage.
Re: Itsekiri Are Part Of The Greater Oduduwa Family- Ooni by samuk: 12:06am On Apr 10, 2021
TAO11:
You’re a grand fraud. You and I know you’re a fraud. As such I won’t stop rubbing your fraudulent scheme all over your ugly face.
————————————

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XFFYH3GAmBk

(Point 1) Oba Akiolu’s statement says: “... the first oba of Lagos is a male descendant of Oba of Benin ...”

(Point 2) The official recognition of who is the “first oba” always swings — in Lagos accounts — between Ashipa (father) and Ado (son).

Just as a similar recognition (of first Benin oba) always swings — in Benin accounts — between Oranmiyan (father) and Eweka (son).

(Point 3) Lagos accounts are unmistakably clear that Ashipa is an Awori noble (of Ife royal ancestry) from Isheri.

(Point 4) Oba Akiolu’s reference here to the “first Oba” is therefore by necessity in reference to AdoAshipa’s son.

(Point 5) Oba Akiolu’s precise words, viz. “male descendant of Oba of Benin” appears to have been carefully chosen.

He avoided saying “paternal descendant” or “patrilineal descendant” which would have meant something else.

(Point 6) Oba Akiolu’s emphasis is thus clearly on the child-descendant himself (i.e. a male descendant, i.e. a descended son).

(Point 6) Oba Akiolu’s word does NOT relate in any guise to the agent(s) through whom the child was descended — in which case the wording would have been:

(Point 7) Oba Akiolu’s statement here is therefore in complete agreement with the native accounts of Lagos history.

Ashipa (the progenitor of the Lagos monarchy and father of Ado) is a Yoruba man.

(Point 9) And that Ashipa only gave birth to his son, Ado through a Benin woman. The son was born and raised in his mother’s land — Benin.

(Point 10) Lastly, Oba Akiolu later declared emphatically in this same interview that Lagos does NOT belong to Benin kingdom. See times-stamp 5:44 of the full and untampered video embedded below.

Cheers!

None of the gibberish you wrote was said by the Oba of Lagos, everyone that have ears have listened to his majesty, you can keep your fabrications, lies and wishful thinking to yourself.

The Oba of Lagos was very clear when he said the following.

1. First Oba of Lagos was a Male descendant of Oba of Benin and was sent there by oba of Benin. Benin established the Lagos monarchy hence the first Oba of Lagos being a Male descendant of Oba of Benin according to oba of Lagos.

2. The Lagos royal have a song they sing at the installation of any Oba that says their father was born in Benin and his father was a king and not a commoner. Any body with sense knows that Benin have only one king, the Oba of Benin.

3. At the installation of any Lagos oba and chiefs, the Oba of Benin has to be saluted as part of the tradition.

No Awori bullsxxt was mentioned in that video.

Someone is looking for you with canes, go and meet the person to cane some senses into you. Good to know that someone has volunteered to cane some lies out of you, it's becoming too much.
Re: Itsekiri Are Part Of The Greater Oduduwa Family- Ooni by Fezz: 12:22am On Apr 10, 2021
gregyboy:

Nothing like pa idu, and am working harder than you think to connect benin history

I have made many success, just by going through my profile you will see and attest to it,
Currently researching on the origin of benin

And i wouldn't be happy someone coming with pa idu fairy-tales that would breed more ground for mythism

And again there is was no pa idu, that gave birth to the various edoid sub group

Auchi towns for example came in early 16Ad after the idah war, and not an imaginary pa idu, that begot such towns, the urhobos resulted from benin mass migration into original urhobos areas and influenced it

Broaden your scope of knowledge. If I may ask, who gave birth to the first ogiso? In Benin history it is well known that the ogisos represented god on earth. The ogisos where known to have a devine calling but they were humans. I have just told you where the lineage of the ogisos came from, go and do more research.

I agree with you that the urhobos of today's, the kukurukus, the esans etc all migrated in difficult times during that era but they migrated to locations that they knew was already established by their ancestral fathers. Their ancestors (efa, emehi, ihobo) where all brothers to Akka (present day benin city)
Re: Itsekiri Are Part Of The Greater Oduduwa Family- Ooni by Fezz: 12:28am On Apr 10, 2021
TAO11:
————————————

(Point 6) Oba Akiolu’s word does NOT relate in any guise to the agent(s) through whom the child was descended — in which case the wording would have been:

Cheers!

I'm going to use your own trick against you. If oba ado's father was Awori, why where the obas of Lagos buried in Benin Kingdom after they passed on. This tradition was stopped after the British took over eko from the Benin Kingdom.
Re: Itsekiri Are Part Of The Greater Oduduwa Family- Ooni by Christistruth00: 12:34am On Apr 10, 2021
Fezz:

I'm going to use your own trick against you. If oba ado's father was Awori, why where the obas of Lagos buried in Benin Kingdom after they passed on. This tradition was stopped after the British took over eko from the Benin Kingdom.

Answer. :for the same reason every third Oba of Benin was buried in Ile Ife.

1 Like

Re: Itsekiri Are Part Of The Greater Oduduwa Family- Ooni by samuk: 12:57am On Apr 10, 2021
Christistruth00:

Do you know why it's very difficult for anyone to just write or make an unsubstantiated claims about Benin history?

The answer is because Benin history was documented for over 400 years, 1400s to 1800s before the modern era of Yoruba and Yoruba influenced fabrications.

There is no evidence that any Oba of Benin was buried in Ife. If this was so, we would have found it in the European archives of Benin history from 1400s to 1800s.

By the 1600s the Roman catholic establishment a mission in Benin city, there were resident priests in Benin. The Catholic church have a vast archives of Benin history, they witness the death of many obas during the period from 1600s to 1800s, over two hundred years, none were ever recorded as being taken to Ife.

The so called site in Ife was excavated and no human bones were found.
Re: Itsekiri Are Part Of The Greater Oduduwa Family- Ooni by TAO11(f): 1:03am On Apr 10, 2021
samuk:
[s]None of the gibberish you wrote was said by the Oba of Lagos, everyone that have ears have listened to his majesty, you can keep your fabrications, lies and wishful thinking to yourself.[/s]
You’re so pained because ————————?

The answer is straightforward, and it’s because I always expose you for the fraud that you are.

And I will keep doing that, because you will keep being a fraud.

The Oba of Lagos was very clear when he said the following.
Let’s see where his words end, and where yours begin. Let’s go: grin

1. First Oba of Lagos was a Male descendant of Oba of Benin and was sent there by oba of Benin
Yes he said this, but your illiteracy is not Oba Akiolu’s fault; neither is it my fault. cheesy

In others words, “male descendant” is different from “patrilineal descendant” or “paternal descendant”.

The phrase “male descendant” emphasizes two things, viz.

(A) That the said child (i.e. the first oba of Lagos) is a son — viz., male.

(B) That his descent from the said Benin king was via his mom or dad — no specifics is given from the phrase.

You personally wish that his descent from the said Benin king was via his dad, but no such thing was said by Oba Akiolu.

Benin established the Lagos monarchy hence the first Oba of Lagos •••
No where was this said by Oba Akiolu in the video.

Neither did the interviewer ask him any question regarding the establishment of the Lagos monarchy.

The interviewer simply requested clarification on the relationship between Benin kingdom and Lagos to which he replied appropriately while summing up that Lagos does not belong to Benin.

2. The Lagos royal have a song that says there father was born in Benin and his father was a king and not a commoner. [s]Any body with sense knows that Benin have only one king, the Oba of Benin.[/s]
I crossed out your fraudulent manipulation so I can address the relevant part.

Yes, Ado was born in Benin — just as any child can be born in the mother’s land. And yes, Ado’s father (Ashipa) is a king.

The mention of the Yoruba word “oba” (i.e king) in that Yoruba song is NOT in reference to a Benin king but to Ashipa.

This is moreover supported by Oba Akiolu’s use of the word “descendant”, rather than simply “child”.

3. At the installation of any Lagos oba and chiefs, the Oba of Benin has to be saluted as part of the tradition.
Yes, he said that. Why did you expect him to deny the connections [maternal and political] between the Lagos island monarchy and Benin kingdom?

What he did NOT and will never say (which you’re dying to hear him say) is that: Lagos kings are paternally descended (or patrilineally descended) from a certain Benin king.

And he didn’t say any such thing because such information is inaccurate. It exists only in the fantasies of your fellow Binis — both young and old.

No Awori bullsxxt was mentioned in that video.
Again, the request put before him by the interviewer is specifically that he should clarify the relationship between the Lagos monarchy and Benin kingdom.

The interviewer said, at timestamp 4:55, and I quote here: “Tell us about the relationship between the Bini and the Eko people

Could you please explain to me why you expected that his reply should be on Eko/Awori connection rather than Eko/Benin connection?

Moreover, he addressed the Lagos connection to Benin without ever making any inaccurate information.

You were dying to hear him say that the first king of Lagos is a son (or paternal grandson, or paternal descendant) of a Benin king.

No, he wouldn’t make such inaccurate statement. Instead, he clarified, at timestamp 5:45, that Lagos does NOT belong to Benin.

Cheers!

1 Like

Re: Itsekiri Are Part Of The Greater Oduduwa Family- Ooni by TAO11(f): 1:22am On Apr 10, 2021
Fezz:
Christistruth00 has answered you.

To recap again: It is only their bodies (after the head has been removed) that is taken to Benin. ~ Robert S. Smith, “The Lagos Consulate 1851 — 1861”, University of California Press, 1979, p. 6.

In the case of the Benin-Lagos connection, the head is for the father’s land (Lagos), while the body is for the mother’s land (Benin).

Just as in the case of the Ife-Benin connection, the head is for the father’s land (Ife), while the body is for the mother’s land (Benin).

Cheers!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Itsekiri Are Part Of The Greater Oduduwa Family- Ooni by Fezz: 1:26am On Apr 10, 2021
Christistruth00:

I'm glad you agree with me that the first oba of Lagos is from Benin Kingdom and not Awori, that is the only reason why the Kings where allowed to be buried in Benin.

Secondly, kindly tell us the name of this book and who is the author?. Thank you
Re: Itsekiri Are Part Of The Greater Oduduwa Family- Ooni by Christistruth00: 1:33am On Apr 10, 2021
Fezz:

I'm glad you agree with me that the first oba of Lagos is from Benin Kingdom and not Awori, that is the only reason why the Kings where allowed to be buried in Benin.

Secondly, kindly tell us the name of this book and who is the author?. Thank you

The first Oba of Lagos was an Awori man from Isheri

It was his mother that was the daughter of the Oba of Benin

Also Since Ologun Kutere was Oba of Lagos as the son of a Ilesha Father and a a Lagos Princess Mother called Erelu Kuti the Obas of Lagos have all been of Ijesha Patrilineal descent,

1 Like

Re: Itsekiri Are Part Of The Greater Oduduwa Family- Ooni by Fezz: 1:37am On Apr 10, 2021
TAO11:
Christistruth00 has answered you.

To recap again: It is only their bodies (after the head has been removed) that is taken to Benin. ~ Robert S. Smith, “The Lagos Consulate 1851 — 1861”, University of California Press, 1979, p. 6.

In the case of the Benin-Lagos connection, the head is for father’s land (Lagos), while the body is for the mother’s land (Benin).

Just as in the case of4 the Ife-Benin connection, the head is for the father’s land (Ife), while the body is for the mother’s land (Benin).

Cheers!

1979 is quite recent, the yorubas already had well planned agenda by this time. Revisionist at work here. If you have an earlier account it will be welcomed.
Re: Itsekiri Are Part Of The Greater Oduduwa Family- Ooni by TAO11(f): 1:47am On Apr 10, 2021
samuk:
[s]Do you know why it's very difficult for anyone to just write or make an unsubstantiated claims about Benin history?

The answer is because Benin history was documented for over 400 years, 1400s to 1800s before the modern era of Yoruba and Yoruba influenced fabrications.

There is no evidence that any Oba of Benin was buried in Ife. If this was so, we would have found it in the European archives of Benin history from 1400s to 1800s.

By the 1600s the Roman catholic establishment a mission in Benin city, there were resident priests in Benin. The Catholic church have a vast archives of Benin history, they witness the death of many obas during the period from 1600s to 1800s, over two hundred years, none were ever recorded as being taken to Ife.

The so called site in Ife was excavated and no human bones were found.[/s]
(1) There is zero evidence that any of of the following so-called obas have anything to do with Benin kingdom:

Eweka I, Uwuakhuahen, Henmihen, Ewedo, Oguola, Edoni, Udagbedo, Ohen, Egbeka, Orobiru, Uwaifiokun, Ewuare I, Ezoti, Olua, Ozolua, Esigie, Orhogbua, Ehengbuda, Ohuan, Ohenzae, Akenkpaye, Akengbedo, Ore-Oghene, Ewuakpe, Ozuere, Akenzua I, Eresoyen, Akengbuda, Obanosa, Ogbebo, and Osemwende

If there was any evidence, we would have found it in the European archives of Benin history from 1400s to 1800s.

No! I’m simply using your dumb fallacy (argumentum ex-silentio) against you as always. cheesy

(2) And who said the buried skulls of the late Benin kings would magically become irremovable, or even non-bio-degradable after they’ve been buried.? Lol!

You’re a great fraud as expected, because I have once educated you that the excavation yielded an important discovery which proved the burial tradition.

For the purpose of other readers, please note that the excavation revealed the relevant evidence required to prove that the tradition actually took place.

The evidence revealed is the find of a number of circular burial pits at the site of Orun-Oba-Ado in the course of the archaeological excavation.

But that’s not the whole point, the crucial information lies in the total number of circular burial pits discovered at the site.

Amazingly, the site revealed eleven (11) burial pits. This number is precisely accurate as it matches the number of buried skulls implied from the Benin tradition itself.

Cc: Christistruth00, Fezz

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Itsekiri Are Part Of The Greater Oduduwa Family- Ooni by TAO11(f): 1:53am On Apr 10, 2021
Fezz:
1979 is quite recent, the yorubas already had well planned agenda by this time. Revisionist at work here. If you have an earlier account it will be welcomed.
LMAO! You’re right though /s. Robert Sydney Smith is a well known Yoruba revisionist. /s cheesy grin

I would love ❤️ to be shown this golden source of yours which eXpOsEs the Yorubas’s WeLl pLanNeD aGeNdA. cheesy

But don’t you think a WeLl pLaNnEd aGeNdA would actually deny having any such relationship with Benin instead of saying bodies go to Benin? Just saying. Lol.

What kind of WeLl pLaNnEd aGeNdA is this? But I would wait on your evidence of this WeLl pLaNnEd aGeNdA sha.

Lol.

1 Like

Re: Itsekiri Are Part Of The Greater Oduduwa Family- Ooni by gregyboy(m): 7:47am On Apr 10, 2021
Fezz:

Broaden your scope of knowledge. If I may ask, who gave birth to the first ogiso? In Benin history it is well known that the ogisos represented god on earth. The ogisos where known to have a devine calling but they were humans. I have just told you where the lineage of the ogisos came from, go and do more research.

I agree with you that the urhobos of today's, the kukurukus, the esans etc all migrated in difficult times during that era but they migrated to locations that they knew was already established by their ancestral fathers. Their ancestors (efa, emehi, ihobo) where all brothers to Akka (present day benin city

You saying benins migrated to a place already occupied by their benin ancestors?

Create a thread to all this things you're saying, now is looking like you're biting round the bush

Create a thread
Re: Itsekiri Are Part Of The Greater Oduduwa Family- Ooni by Fezz: 8:45am On Apr 10, 2021
TAO11:
LMAO! You’re right though /s. Robert Sydney Smith is a well known Yoruba revisionist. /s cheesy grin

I would love ❤️ to be shown this golden source of yours which eXpOsEs the Yorubas’s WeLl pLanNeD aGeNdA. cheesy

But don’t you think a WeLl pLaNnEd aGeNdA would actually deny having any such relationship with Benin instead of saying bodies go to Benin? Just saying. Lol.

What kind of WeLl pLaNnEd aGeNdA is this? But I would wait on your evidence of this WeLl pLaNnEd aGeNdA sha.

Lol.

It would make more sense for you to say the body of obas are buried in ile-Ife after they pass on, but rather you are sticking to the plot that the obas head is decapitated. Please where ls the honor in that. The Benin chiefs will never agree to such arrangements, the beheading of the oba after death and the head buried in a foreign land is just so funny. I laugh in spanish.

This story was created to devalue the authority of the Benin kings, it's derogatory and only the yorubas can think of such fairytale stories because their sole purpose is to devalue the achievements of Benin Kingdom. In history, the only time a king is beheaded is during the act of war, the victorious king finds honor in beheading the defeated king as a sign of authority, but for you to say the descendants of the mighty oba dinasty who was never defeated in battle would willingly decide to be beheaded after death is just pure fairytales. No man in his right senses would believe such fairytales.

As long as no oba or chief can come out to verify this claim, I'm sorry but no one apart from the gullible yorubas can ever believe such fairytales. High chiefs in the Benin court have spoken against such reports and that is all that matters to the benins. The yorubas tried their best to create a shrine-like tomb depicting where the obas heads are buried but that has been debunked a long time ago. That was a very weak attempt to distort history.

The yorubas went over the board in distorting history the way they did. Too much desperation is evident in the way your father's cooked up stories. It's really sad.
Re: Itsekiri Are Part Of The Greater Oduduwa Family- Ooni by samuk: 9:06am On Apr 10, 2021
TAO11:
(1) There is zero evidence that any of of the following so-called obas have anything to do with Benin kingdom:

Eweka I, Uwuakhuahen, Henmihen, Ewedo, Oguola, Edoni, Udagbedo, Ohen, Egbeka, Orobiru, Uwaifiokun, Ewuare I, Ezoti, Olua, Ozolua, Esigie, Orhogbua, Ehengbuda, Ohuan, Ohenzae, Akenkpaye, Akengbedo, Ore-Oghene, Ewuakpe, Ozuere, Akenzua I, Eresoyen, Akengbuda, Obanosa, Ogbebo, and Osemwende

If there was any evidence, we would have found it in the European archives of Benin history from 1400s to 1800s.

No! I’m simply using your dumb fallacy (argumentum ex-silentio) against you as always. cheesy

(2) And who said the buried skulls of the late Benin kings would magically become irremovable, or even non-bio-degradable after they’ve been buried.? Lol!

You’re a great fraud as expected, because I have once educated you that the excavation yielded an important discovery which proved the burial tradition.

For the purpose of other readers, please note that the excavation revealed the relevant evidence required to prove that the tradition actually took place.

The evidence revealed is the find of a number of circular burial pits at the site of Orun-Oba-Ado in the course of the archaeological excavation.

But that’s not the whole point, the crucial information lies in the total number of circular burial pits discovered at the site.

Amazingly, the site revealed eleven (11) burial pits. This number is precisely accurate as it matches the number of buried skulls implied from the Benin tradition itself.

Stop quoting me 1979 fabrications and fables that were feed to those that regurgitated them.

Yoruba fabrications started in the 1800s, Yoruba have been trying to attached themselves into Benin history since they learned how to read and write. You will not find all these garbage in history books before literacy got to Yoruba land. Historical accounts that were documented in Yoruba land by Europeans before Yoruba themselves had the ability to read and write doesn't contain these latter day fallacies.

Yoruba history is full of fairytales and frauds.

Show me your Benin/Ife connection where it was documented before 1800s that oba of Benin were buried in Ife. Every aspect of Benin history was documented, why was this not?

The simple truth is that Yoruba have been trying to steal Benin history since the 1800s and the previous 400 years 1400s - 1799 have become their stumbling block. Just Imagine if Benin history was not documented in the previous 400 years by eyewitness Europeans in their various languages.

Yoruba should create and write their history without Benin. You guys said you had Oyo empire, write about it without mentioning Benin, you are shamelessly obsessed with Benin, were is the pride in you.

Just listen to your lies and see if it makes any sense?

You claimed the first Oba of Lagos was an Isheri man contrary to what the Oba of Lagos said himself.

The Lagos royal have a song that says their father was born in Benin and his father was a king, if you are claiming that your fiction isheri man was born in Benin according to Lagos royal song, who was the king that was his father because the song also says the father of the first Oba of Lagos was a king. Did Lagos have a king before the first Oba was sent there by the Oba of Benin?

Which king was the father of the first Oba of Lagos. The Lagos royal song says the first Oba of Lagos that was born in Benin was born to a king and not a commoner. Tell us your Yoruba king in Benin that gave birth to your fictional Isheri/Awori man.

Oba of Lagos say his forefather was the son of a king born in Benin, you are saying it's a lie that the first oba of Lagos is a son of a commoner from Isheri.

You just lie thinking your readers are dumb.
Re: Itsekiri Are Part Of The Greater Oduduwa Family- Ooni by Fezz: 10:58am On Apr 10, 2021
TAO11:

You keep on saying "relevant evidence" can you kindly share with us proof of such evidence regarding the archeological excavation of the burial site of orun-oba-ado. We want to see the pits you are referring to. I'm sure pictures must have been taken if such excavations was done. If you can't share this relevant proof on this thread I suggest you forget about this topic and move on.

Like I said earlier, all Benin high chiefs in the royal court have denied such practice involving beheading of the great obas in the past. It's derogatory and this is the master plan of the yorubas to distort Benin history. Unfortunately for the yorubas, the benins can see right through the conspiracy and are being debunked rightfully.
Re: Itsekiri Are Part Of The Greater Oduduwa Family- Ooni by samuk: 11:09am On Apr 10, 2021
Fezz:

You keep on saying "relevant evidence" can you kindly share with us proof of such evidence regarding the archeological excavation of the burial site of orun-oba-ado. We want to see the pits you are referring to. I'm sure pictures must have been taken if such excavations was done. If you can't share this relevant proof on this thread I suggest you forget about this topic and move on.

Like I said earlier, all Benin high chiefs in the royal court have denied such practice involving beheading of the great obas in the past. It's derogatory and this is the master plan of the yorubas to distort Benin history. Unfortunately for the yorubas, the benins can see right through the conspiracy and are being debunked rightfully.

There was an excavation of the so called site, only few animal bones were found and no human bones. What she is saying is that the bones must have been removed before the excavation, the question is why remove the bones and call a white archeologist to come and waste her time. What was the purpose of the the archeological exercise if it wasn't to find the prove to cement Benin/Ife relationship.

The Yoruba were looking for prove to Benin/Ife relationship, they invited a European archeologist to come to Ife to excavate a site they say Benin used to bury their Oba, the archeologist excavated the site and found no human remains but Mr/Ms is telling us that the bones must have been removed before the excavation. Who removed the bones and why remove the evidence when you are desperately looking for evidence to support your claims. It doesn't make sense.

To add insult to injury they actually created two sites, one was labelled as Male obas of Benin and the other for female Obas of Benin.

Below is the link to the description and location to both sites.

https://www.nairaland.com/1794927/ile-ife-final-rest-place-oba#24390068
Re: Itsekiri Are Part Of The Greater Oduduwa Family- Ooni by gregyboy(m): 11:50am On Apr 10, 2021
samuk:

There was an excavation of the so called site, only few animal bones were found and no human bones. What she is saying is that the bones must have been removed before the excavation, the question is why remove the bones and call a white archeologist to come and waste her time. What was the purpose of the the archeological exercise if it wasn't to find the prove to cement Benin/Ife relationship.

The Yoruba were looking for prove to Benin/Ife relationship, they invited a European archeologist to come to Ife to excavate a site they say Benin used to bury their Oba, the archeologist excavated the site and found no human remains but Mr/Ms is telling us that the bones must have been removed before the excavation. Who removed the bones and why remove the evidence when you are desperately looking for evidence to support your claims. It doesn't make sense.

To add insult to injury they actually created two sites, one was labelled as Male obas of Benin and the other for female Obas of Benin.

Below is the link to the description and location to both sites.

https://www.nairaland.com/1794927/ile-ife-final-rest-place-oba#24390068

I stop wasting my time on tao11 when she stop bringing anything new to the table just old lies been recirculated again trying to convince us to belive her lies

Are brothers have all, abandoned her but she wont quit because of pride

Dont you see we have done enough damage to Yoruba history which they use to attach on benins, you dont see random people creating topic again discussing on the benin-ife myth as most people are getting enlightened on the truth
Re: Itsekiri Are Part Of The Greater Oduduwa Family- Ooni by TAO11(f): 12:09pm On Apr 10, 2021
Fezz:
It would make more sense for you to say the body of obas are buried in ile-Ife after they pass on, but rather you are sticking to the plot that the obas head is decapitated.
History is not necessarily what you love to hear, okay. So it’s about what your received account says — why do you think I should distort it to make you feel good?

Please where ls the honor in that. The Benin chiefs will never agree to such arrangements, the beheading of the oba after death and the head buried in a foreign land is just so funny. I laugh in spanish.
Foreign land you say? No! Benin is the foreign land for the Benin obas. Ife is their ancestral paternal home.

This story was created to devalue the authority of the Benin kings, it's derogatory and only the yorubas can think of such fairytale stories because their sole purpose is to devalue the achievements of Benin Kingdom.
Wrong! The account was collected from Binis themselves.

In history, the only time a king is beheaded is during the act of war, the victorious king finds honor in beheading the defeated king as a sign of authority
Let’s talk about this when you’re able to grasp the difference between beheading a person; and exhuming the skull of a buried body.

but for you to say the descendants of the mighty oba dinasty who was never defeated in battle would willingly decide to be beheaded after death is just pure fairytales. No man in his right senses would believe such fairytales.
Well, one of your obas is reported to have been beheaded in battle. So, stop typing feel good Benin fairytales.

Also, dead people don’t do things willingly or unwillingly. I thought I should remark on that. LMAO!

As long as no oba or chief can come out to verify this claim, I'm sorry but no one apart from the gullible yorubas can ever believe such fairytales. High chiefs in the Benin court have spoken against such reports and that is all that matters to the benins. The yorubas tried their best to create a shrine-like tomb depicting where the obas heads are buried but that has been debunked a long time ago. That was a very weak attempt to distort history.
The revisions of your modern obas or chiefs doesn’t change what has been received from their predecessors. Their predecessors confirmed this tradition. They probably didn’t have much to be ashamed about unlike these modern ones.

The yorubas went over the board in distorting history the way they did. Too much desperation is evident in the way your father's cooked up stories. It's really sad.
Wrong! It was your own people who announced such traditions to historians, chroniclers. Stop blaming others for your daddies’ (and mommies’) truths. Rather, embrace your truth unashamedly.

Cheers!

1 Like

Re: Itsekiri Are Part Of The Greater Oduduwa Family- Ooni by Fezz: 1:09pm On Apr 10, 2021
TAO11:
History is not necessarily what you love to hear, okay. So it’s about what your received account says — why do you think I should distort it to make you feel good?

Foreign land you say? No! Benin is the foreign land for the Benin obas. Ife is their ancestral paternal home.

Wrong! The account was collected from Binis themselves.

Let’s talk about this when you’re able to grasp the difference between beheading a person; and exhuming the skull of a buried body.

Well, one of your obas is reported to have been beheaded in battle. So, stop typing feel good Benin fairytales.

Also, dead people don’t do things willingly or unwillingly. I thought I should remark on that. LMAO!

The revisions of your modern obas or chiefs doesn’t change what has been received from their predecessors. Their predecessors confirmed this tradition. They probably didn’t have much to be ashamed about unlike these modern ones.

Wrong! It was your own people who announced such traditions to historians, chroniclers. Stop blaming others for your daddies’ (and mommies’) truths. Rather, embrace your truth unashamedly.

Cheers!

The Benin king that was beheaded was done by his esan brother which is exceptional and understandable. There was a battle and that is what led to the killing of the king. No outsider from yoruba land can ever do such a thing to a benin oba without their land getting burnt down to the ground by the benin kingdom.

As far as I am concerned, you have no proof whatsoever that any oba of benins skull was exhumed. The archaeological excavation turned out to be a total failure and nothing was found, so I advise you to die this topic because it's all fairytales.

Just the same way the yorubas claim oduduwa fell from the sky or migrated from mecca is the same way the benins believe he was their exiled prince and moved to ile-ife to became the ancestors of yoruba obas. This is also a dead end, so let it go kiss

Everyone has rights to believe their own history. There is nothing you will say that will make the benins believe you that oduduwa is from ile-ife, because it is a known fact by majority that he is a bonified prince of the Benin Kingdom also known as "Ekelederan". The oba of benin has testified to this fact during his coronation and the ooni of ife was seated right at the front role and he never objected the history when the oba of benin reminded the whole world of his roots, which means ooni agrees with the oba of Benin. kiss

I truly believe you are on pay roll to debunk Benin history. Your research is not done purely because you are a historian. You are being paid to distort history and you are good at what you do, but you picked the wrong side to battle against because the benins are natural historians. Have some conscience and do what is right for once. Say no to your pay masters. Behave like a true historian and dish out true historical events just as they happened without falsifications. Your good deeds will pay off eventually kiss
Re: Itsekiri Are Part Of The Greater Oduduwa Family- Ooni by TAO11(f): 2:15pm On Apr 10, 2021
samuk:
Stop quoting me 1979 fabrications and fables that were feed to those that regurgitated them.
Wait! Are you willing to stand by your words that these names of supposed-obas (Eweka I, Uwuakhuahen, Henmihen, Ewedo, Oguola, Edoni, Udagbedo, Ohen, Egbeka, Orobiru, Uwaifiokun, Ewuare I, Ezoti, Olua, Ozolua, Esigie, Orhogbua, Ehengbuda, Ohuan, Ohenzae, Akenkpaye, Akengbedo, Ore-Oghene, Ewuakpe, Ozuere, Akenzua I, Eresoyen, Akengbuda, Obanosa, Ogbebo, and Osemwende) are nothing but 1979 fabrications?? shocked

What an amazing revelation from you!? LMAO!

Yoruba fabrications started in the 1800s, Yoruba have been trying to attached themselves into Benin history since they learned how to read and write. You will not find all these garbage in history books before literacy got to Yoruba land.
Reminder! It is your people who have been attaching themselves forcefully to the Yorubas from the get go. Not the other way round.

Your people insisted adamantly to the EUrOpEaNs that it is the Yorubas who taught you bronze casting, that your obas are Yoruba people, and so on.

Stop blaming others for your daddies’ (and mommies’) truths. Embrace your predecessors’ truths unashamedly.

Historical accounts that were documented in Yoruba land by Europeans before Yoruba themselves had the ability to read and write doesn't contain these latter day fallacies.
Name us one of such example jarey. grin

You’re an illiterate Bini fraud. Three terrible combinations.

Show me your Benin/Ife connection where it was documented before 1800s that oba of Benin were buried in Ife. Every aspect of Benin history was documented, why was this not?
Before the 1800s? Not even the names of Benin supposed-obas were documented before the 1800s.

Your obas’s name weren’t worthy of mention prior to 1800s. You should be more worried over such silence.

In any case, it was your own people who first divulged the custom of Benin obas‘s skull burial in Ife to the public sphere. It wasn’t Yorubas. So, channel your energy accordingly. cheesy

The simple truth is that Yoruba have been trying to steal Benin history since the 1800s and the previous 400 years 1400s - 1799 have become their stumbling block.
LMAO! The gentle reminder again. It is your daddies and mommies who insisted adamantly to the EUrOpEaNs that the Yorubas are their master and father. The revelation didn’t happen the other way round. Grab that? cheesy

Just Imagine if Benin history was not documented in the previous 400 years by eyewitness Europeans in their various languages.
I can imagine that. If there wasn’t such accounts, Binis would have lied that their kings are the gReAtEsT.

But thank God for such early (500 odd-years old writings) which confirms that the Benin king is actually a slave-king to a certain great overlord.

Historians today have analyzed those particular writings (in the light of diverse historical evidence) and have come to identify the great overlord (of whom the Benin king is more or less a slave-king) as none other than the Ooni of Ife. cheesy

Thank God for 400+ years old EUrOpEaN eYeWiTnEss documentation. LMAO!

Yoruba should create and write their history without Benin.
Well, history lies in the past and it is not something to be fabricated like the Binis did in the 1970s with the Ekeladerhan story. History is already frozen in time and unchanging. Change your mindset of thinking you can fabricate and rewrite history.

You guys said you had Oyo empire, write about it without mentioning Benin, you are shamelessly obsessed with Benin, were is the pride in you.
No, we didn’t merely say we have an empire. Historians recognize ours as an empire based on a multiplicity of corroborated relevant historical evidences.

Just listen to your lies and see if it makes any sense?
Listen! you are a fraud. You know you are a fraud. I know you are a fraud. My job is to make the world realize that you are fraud. So help me God. smiley

You claimed the first Oba of Lagos was an Isheri man ...
I never did. cheesy

Instead, I stated that a certain Ashipa (the father of Ado) is an Isheri noble.

And I noted that the Lagos traditions do swing between him and his son Ado in recognizing who officially is the first king of Lagos island.

I added that a similar blurring exists in Benin traditions between Oranmiyan and his son, Eweka in recognizing who officially is the first Benin king.

In other words, the Lagos traditions sometimes speak of Ashipa (the Isheri noble) as the first king; but at other times also speak of his son, Ado (born from a Benin mother) as the first king.

This is the position I have repeatedly clarified. Where is your imagination coming from? smiley

contrary to what the Oba of Lagos said himself.
Oba Akiolu actually didn’t even mention either Ashipa or Ado by name to start with.

It was only inferred that Oba Akiolu’s use of the phrase “first oba” must be in reference to Ado (and not his father Ashipa) because of the Benin royal connection mentioned.

However, Oba Akiolu’s own words never said that this
Lagos oba [i.e. Ado] is a son of the said Benin king. Neither, did Oba Akiolu say that he was a paternal grandson, etc. of the said Benin king.

Oba Akiolu’s exacts words are that he is a “male descendant” of the said Benin king. In other words, he is a descendant son (through a certain line) from the said Benin king.

But his line of descent from the Benin king (whether through his mom or through his dad) is not specified by Oba Akiolu’s words.

Why then are you hell-bent on putting words which he never said into his mouth?

You’re dying to hear Oba Akiolu specify that this male child was descended from the Benin king through a patrilineal/paternal line. But he wouldn’t say that. cheesy

The Lagos royal have a song that says their father was born in Benin and his father was a king
Yes!

But no where does the quoted song say that his father was a Benin king. Even Oba Akiolu’s own statement disallows that. wink

if you are claiming that your fiction isheri man was born in Benin according to Lagos royal song,
I would love to see you demonstrate where you got the idea from in my comments that Ashipa (the Isheri noble of Ife royal ancestry) was born in Benin. I’d patiently wait. smiley

who was the king that was his father because the song also says the father of the first Oba of Lagos was a king.
(A) As already debunked in the foregoing, you were simply hallucinating when you claimed above to have read from me that Ashipa (the Isheri noble) was the child given birth to within Benin city according to the quoted song.

(B) Moreover, the quoted song did not specify a name. But from the Benin connection spelt out in the song, Ado is the child given birth to within Benin city.

And his father Ashipa (the ‘Isherian’) is identified as the progenitor of the Lagos island monarchy. In fact, he is often identified as the first king of Lagos.

Did Lagos have a king before the first Oba was sent there by the Oba of Benin? Which king was the father of the first Oba of Lagos.
Two things:

(1) The song quoted by Oba Akiolu (not his own words) did NOT label the main character of that song as “first king

But as already debunked above, Ashipa is the king of Lagos who fathered Ado, and Ado is the main character of that quoted song.

(2) As already clarified at the top however, it wouldn’t make any difference even if the main character of that song had been labeled in the song as “first king”.

This has been discussed where I educated you (and I quote below) that:

I stated that a certain Ashipa (the father of Ado) is an Isheri noble.

And I noted that the Lagos traditions do swing between him and his son Ado in recognizing who officially is the first king of Lagos island.

I added that a similar blurring exists in Benin traditions between Oranmiyan and his son, Eweka in recognizing who officially is the first Benin king.

In other words, the Lagos traditions sometimes speak of Ashipa (the Isheri noble) as the first king; but at other times also speak of his son, Ado (born from a Benin mother) as the first king.

This is the position I have repeatedly clarified. Where is your imagination coming from? smiley

The Lagos royal song says the first Oba of Lagos that was born in Benin was born to a king and not a commoner. Tell us your Yoruba king in Benin that gave birth to your fictional Isheri/Awori man.
Well, the song doesn’t contain the phrase “first oba” as I have already debunked above. But it still wouldn’t make any difference if it did as explained already.

The song also didn’t say anywhere that the king who fathered [Ado] was a king of Benin. No that’s your hallucination. cheesy

Ashipa is the king of Lagos island who fathered Ado. Ashipa is an Isheri man. Ado was born inside Benin city by a Bini mother. Ado [NOT Ashipa] is the main character of that song considering his Benin connection.

Oba of Lagos say his forefather was the son of a king born in Benin, you are saying it's a lie that the first oba of Lagos is a son of a commoner from Isheri.
Well, your’re partly correct, but Oba Akiolu did NOT actually use the phrase “his forefather”. That’s by the way though.

I also never referred to Ashipa as a commoner, you fraud. I have consistently referred to him as a noble man (of Ife royal ancestry) from Isheri. And he is the progenitor of the Lagos island monarchy. He is the father of Ado.

You just lie thinking your readers are dumb.
You were giving you a pep talk here, right? Be honest. cheesy

Cheers!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Itsekiri Are Part Of The Greater Oduduwa Family- Ooni by TAO11(f): 2:43pm On Apr 10, 2021
Fezz:
Let me get you straight: Who said photographs of Orun-Oba-Ado excavation are published if they even exist at all? You Binis make unintelligent requests just to hide your shame.

I could decide to stoop low to your level and ask you to show me a sketch of the Benin oba burial witnessed by the EUrOpEaNs.

I may even stoop lower to your base level and remark that if there was no such sketch, then no Benin oba’s burial was witnessed.

Notice how easy it is to rubbish your dumb perspective if everyone else decides to also make m0r0nic requests.

Yes, it is you who made pictures and photographs your criteria when the going got rough for you. Lol.

Having said that, the report of Ife excavations (plus that of Orun-Oba-Ado) are actually published information.

And the discovery of eleven (11) circular burial pits at Orun-Oba-Ado is also published.

The crucial information here is that this number is precisely accurate as it matches the expected number of Benin oba’s’ skulls.

Like I said earlier, all Benin high chiefs in the royal court have denied such practice involving beheading of the great obas in the past.
English language seems to be a great problem for the present-day Benin boys and girls.

For the umpteenth time, to exhume a skull is NOT to behead. Gosh! grin

Moreover, the modern Benin chiefs may be as ashamed as they want to be for all I and historians care.

The fact remains that their predecessors were not as ashamed. Their predecessors admitted this obviously embarrassing custom.

It's derogatory and this is the master plan of the yorubas to distort Benin history. Unfortunately for the yorubas, the benins can see right through the conspiracy and are being debunked rightfully.
A gentle reminder again, the Binis are the ones who put out this information to the public sphere.

Now, get your priorities right and channel your energy accordingly.

2 Likes

Re: Itsekiri Are Part Of The Greater Oduduwa Family- Ooni by Fezz: 3:23pm On Apr 10, 2021
[quote author=TAO11 post=100669138]Let me get you straight: Who said photographs of Orun-Oba-Ado excavation are published if they even exist at all? You Binis make unintelligent requests just to hide your shame.

I could decide stoop low to your level and ask you to show me a sketch of the Benin oba burial witnessed by the EUrOpEaNs.

I may even stoop lower to your base level and remark that if there was no such sketch, then no Benin oba’s burial was witnessed.

Sincerely no one cares if there were eye witnesses in the obas burial or not. The truth remains that you have no proof that the obas head is buried in ile-ife, so my question is why do you still dwell on such controversial topics. Move on if you have no proofs. It's only logical
Re: Itsekiri Are Part Of The Greater Oduduwa Family- Ooni by Fezz: 3:33pm On Apr 10, 2021
Having said that, the report of Ife excavations (plus that of Orun-Oba-Ado) are actually published information.

And the discovery of [b]eleven (11)
circular burial pits at Orun-Oba-Ado is also published.

The crucial information here is that this number is precisely accurate as it matches the expected number of Benin oba’s’ skulls.
[/b]

This is very funny. No skulls or body parts were found after the excavation but pits were found kiss.. does this even sound right to you?.. common! kiss. As far as I'm concerned anything could have been buried there and dug up. Don't dwell on such fables. The number of pits found on the site is not relevant because such reports can easily be doctored to fit into a particular narrative. The most important point you raised here is that no skull or human remains were found in the burial site. Case closed
Re: Itsekiri Are Part Of The Greater Oduduwa Family- Ooni by TAO11(f): 3:42pm On Apr 10, 2021
Fezz:
The Benin king that was beheaded was done by his esan brother which is exceptional and understandable. There was a battle and that is what led to the killing of the king. No outsider from yoruba land can ever do such a thing to a benin oba without their land getting burnt down to the ground by the benin kingdom.
I thought you said no Benin king can be beheaded even in war.

Oh I get, only Esans are allowed to behead Benin kings in war. Okay! Understood! grin

As far as I am concerned, you have no proof whatsoever that any oba of benins skull was exhumed. The archaeological excavation turned out to be a total failure and nothing was found, so I advise you to die this topic because it's all fairytales.
Nope!

Something was found. Not just anything, but something which confirmed the skull burial of the Benin kings.

A total of eleven (11) circular burial pits was found at Orun-Oba-Ado by Frank Willett.

This number is accurate as it matches the total number of Benin obas’ skulls per the Benin tradition.
————————

By the way, the excavation of Orun-Oba-Ado was not a skull search quest. It was part of a general excavation of different Ife sites to unearth artifacts of historical significance.

Anyways, no archaeologist would obviously interpret the absence of human remains as refutation of a burial
custom.

Only a very slow lay-person would obviously think along such line. Whatever happened to biodegradation or even recovery for further rites.

The only archaeological criteria which refutes a burial custom is the absence of a burial pit. And this was not the case with regard to Orun Oba Ado.

In sum, the Benin tradition of reburying skulls of every 3rd reign Benin obas at Orun-Oba-Ado, Ile-Ife was definitively corroborated by Willett’s 1961-2 excavation.

Just the same way the yorubas claim oduduwa fell from the sky or migrated from mecca is the same way the benins believe he was their exiled prince and moved to ile-ife to became the ancestors of yoruba obas. This is also a dead end, so let it go kiss
Well, the sky narrative is a romanticization of the life of a historical figure. Nobody said it was history, just as nobody thinks the Benin tradition of Igodo diving from the sky to Benin is literally history.

The Mecca (and general Middle-East) narrative which claims to be historical is traced to have originated from Hausaland and then popularized all over.

The Benin narrative of an alleged exiled prince Izoduwa has been found by historians to be a recent fabrication as it is debunked by earlier Benin accounts.

In sum, the Oduduwa and Igodo sky origin narratives are not literal history narratives, and do not claim to be such.

The Meccan (Middle East narrative) and Izoduwa narrative which claims to be historical have each been debunked by history.

Everyone has rights to believe their own history.
Yes, everyone has a right to believe that their mother is their father and their father is their mother.

But there is a difference between reality and hallucination. That’s the point I’m stressing.

There is nothing you will say that will make the benins believe you that oduduwa is from ile-ife,
Unfortunately, the wishful opinions of Benin lay-persons don’t count in matters like this. History always have the upper hand, not what Benin people would love to believe to compensate for their minority complex issues.

•••because it is a known fact by majority that he is a bonified prince of the Benin Kingdom also known as "Ekelederan".
Fact? Have you seen the four walls of a school before? Benin’s own early history repeatedly and consistently says A, and some clowns in the 1970s says B without naming one source — hence B is fact. Wow! grin

The oba of benin has testified to this fact during his coronation and the ooni of ife was seated right at the front role and he never objected the history when the oba of benin reminded the whole world of his roots, which means ooni agrees with the oba of Benin. kiss
Interesting reasoning from the Binis. If Oba Adeyeye disagreed he would have rushed to the stage and grabbed the mic right? Lol.

Anyways, the same Ewuare 1 didn’t dare repeat that at the Ife palace when he visited Ife for homage. He got to that point and skipped it.

In other words, let’s be a m0r0n like you and think that the Ooni (not wanting to cause commotion) must have later educated him back stage on that coronation day.

I truly believe you are on pay roll to debunk Benin history. Your research is not done purely because you are a historian. You are being paid to distort history and you are good at what you do, but you picked the wrong side to battle against because the benins are natural historians. Have some conscience and do what is right for once. Say no to your pay masters. Behave like a true historian and dish out true historical events just as they happened without falsifications. Your good deeds will pay off eventually kiss
I think you’re taking Benin too seriously than others take it. Lol.

Nobody has the time to pay anyone to expose Benin lies. If Yorubas had such will and time, the recent Benin redactions would have long been thoroughly exposed to every single soul on earth for what it is — a FRAUD borne out of the minority complex syndrome.

Cheers!

2 Likes

Re: Itsekiri Are Part Of The Greater Oduduwa Family- Ooni by Fezz: 3:44pm On Apr 10, 2021
TAO11:
First of all, the request to him from the interviewer was NOT “Tell us about the first Oba of Lagos”. No, that wasn’t the request. smiley

Had that being the request, of course he should have touched on both Ado’s father-side (Yoruba) and his mother-side (Benin).

However, the interviewer specifically requested him to talk about the relationship between Benin kingdom and Lagos.

In the light of the request put to him, I am still lost why you expected his reply to be in relation to the Eko/Awori relationship rather than the Eko/Benin relationship.

Could you please explain why such was the reply you were expecting from him with regard to the specific request put to him?

Even at that, NO where did he say, as you’ve put it here, that “tHe fIrSt oBa oF lAgOs iS fRoM bEnIn”.

Again, the interviewer’s request was: “Tell us about the relationship between the Bini and the Eko people
~ Timestamp 4:55 of the full & untampered video below.

And his reply was that king Ado is a descended son from a certain Benin king; and that a salute gesture to the Benin king is always re-enacted at Enuwa during coronations.

My comment in relation to this video is to disillusion folks from the false propaganda of claiming that his reply was outside the limits of the Lagos account.

No it is not. Please point out the specific time-stamps where you think otherwise.

The Lagos account states categorically that Ashipa (i.e. Ado’s father) is an Awori-Yoruba noble from Isheri-Olofin; and that Ado’s mother is Benin.

I should add that the name Enu[o]wa also resonates with another square by the same name at Isheri-Olofin where every Olofin of Isheri-Olofin is coronated. Same applies at Ife to the area where the palace is located.

To wrap it all up, Oba Akiolu noted in this interview that Lagos does NOT belong to Benin kingdom.
~ Timestamp 5:45 of the full & untampered video below.

He understands how easily the complex and intricate historical relationship may be hijacked & misinterpreted by some folks suffering from the minority complex.

In what more way should he have debunked the false idea of a patrilineal descent from Benin if not the note that Lagos does not belong to Benin kingdom?

(Point 1) Yes, the Aworis settled in Lagos first — perhaps countless centuries actually. Do you dispute this? Lol.

(Point 2) Could you please point out the so-called “[my] previous posts” where I said Benins named a certain land as Eko? Lol.

Wake up man, Benin didn’t name any land (not even a plot) as Eko. And I never claimed that they did — at least not in recent year(s).

The earliest known documented account of the origin of the name Eko (for Lagos island) states clearly that it was named by the Yorubas — not Benins. ~ D’Avezac (1845: p.26).

Also, the area have been named Eko before any non-Yoruba group immigrated near the area in search of better life. ~ Alan C. Burns (1929: p.44).

The idea that Benin named Lagos island as Eko is a big fat myth made-up and popularized by Binis in the latter part of the 1900s.

Well, the Benins didn’t name any part of Lagos as Eko per historical documentation. smiley

The name Eko for the island predates any of the non-Yoruba immigrant groups — Aja, Benin, or Ijaw. This is the earliest documented information prior to recent redactions from Benin writers.

The actual reality appears (in the light of all the early information cited above) to have been as follows:

After the Binis had come to encounter the name Eko in Lagos where they eventually set up their camp, the word Eko thus slowly flowed into the Benin lexicon and eventually acquired a new meaning, viz. camp among Binis — especially the Binis back at home.

This may be corroborated with the fact that an older word actually exist for camp in the language of the Binis — that is, Ago [or perhaps Oxogbo].

Cheers!

Back to the lagos claim. Check out this 17th century trade map clearly showing that lagos was under the Benin Kingdom. It clearly states "Van Ichoo Benin"..You can zoom it to your satisfaction to see it clearly labeled. Why isn't Awori written on this map if you claim that the aworis own lagos.

Be honest with yourself, the Benin Kingdom had full control over eko and the aworis and other yoruba clans where their subject until the British came into the scene and took over because they saw lagos as a major trading port.

http://gallica.bnf.fr/ark:/12148/btv1b8595583b/f1.item.r=Benin.zoom
Re: Itsekiri Are Part Of The Greater Oduduwa Family- Ooni by TAO11(f): 3:51pm On Apr 10, 2021
Fezz:
This is very funny. No skulls or body parts were found after the excavation but pits were found kiss.. does this even sound right to you?.. common! kiss. As far as I'm concerned anything could have been buried there and dug up. Don't dwell on such fables. The number of pits found on the site is not relevant because such reports can easily be doctored to fit into a particular narrative. The most important point you raised here is that no skull or human remains were found in the burial site. Case closed
Wonderful! We have found another ‘Yoruba man’ (in addition to Robert Sydney Smith) who takes delight in persecuting Benin people and their hIsToRy.

His name is Frank Willett. He dOcToReD his report of the excavation of Orun-Oba-Ado just to punish Binis.

But wait, don’t you think to effectively perpetrate such dOcTorIng, it would have been easier if he claimed to have found skulls intact? cheesy

I think this ‘Yoruba man’ (Frank Willett) could have made his dOcToRiNg job easier by claiming to have found more than circular burial pits whose number miraculously matches the skulls expected. LMAO!

Benin people seem to have all the complexes in the world. It was the inferiority complex, then the minority complex, and now the persecution complex. May God have mercy on your miserable souls.
—————————
PS:
The Benin tradition does not speak of other body parts. It speaks simply of the skulls. Respect your tradition.

Like I have already noted, only a very slow lay-person from Benin would imagine that a Benin obas’ skull is non-biodegradable, or irrecoverable for further rites.

2 Likes

Re: Itsekiri Are Part Of The Greater Oduduwa Family- Ooni by TAO11(f): 4:05pm On Apr 10, 2021
Fezz:
Sincerely no one cares if there were eye witnesses in the obas burial or not. The truth remains that you have no proof that the obas head is buried in ile-ife, so my question is why do you still dwell on such controversial topics. Move on if you have no proofs. It's only logical
No one cares? Really!? LMAO! Your own standard is too stupid for even you to follow, right? That was my point.

In other words, there is historical proof that Benin sends forth the exhumed skulls of its 3rd reign obas to Orun-Oba-Ado, Ile-Ife.

The historical proofs are: (1) The Benin traditions which consistently passes down this information.

(2) The corroboration of this tradition as shown in the discovery of 11 circular burial pits by F. Willett during his excavation of Orun-Oba-Ado.

Both the existence of the burial pits and the number of the burial pits match the details given in the Benin tradition.

No, this is not a coincidental miracle. The tradition had been documented decades before the excavation.

2 Likes

Re: Itsekiri Are Part Of The Greater Oduduwa Family- Ooni by TAO11(f): 4:21pm On Apr 10, 2021
Fezz:
Back to the lagos claim. Check out this 17th century trade map clearly showing that lagos was under the Benin Kingdom. It clearly states "Van Ichoo Benin"..You can zoom it to your satisfaction to see it clearly labeled. Why isn't Awori written on this map if you claim that the aworis own lagos.

Be honest with yourself, the Benin Kingdom had full control over eko and the aworis and other yoruba clans where their subject until the British came into the scene and took over because they saw lagos as a major trading port.

http://gallica.bnf.fr/ark:/12148/btv1b8595583b/f1.item.r=Benin.zoom
If a full-grown Bini (who of course is soaked deep in inferiority complex and minority complex) could claim that Benin ruled Japan, then why shouldn’t I expect you to make the foregoing claims on the basis of the words “Van Ichoo Benin”?

Anyways, the same map you attached shows the words: “De Kust van Benin Biafra en Gabon”.

If you must consistently exhibit your m0r0nism, then you must conclude that Benin is jointly owned by Biafra and Gabon. Smh!

2 Likes

Re: Itsekiri Are Part Of The Greater Oduduwa Family- Ooni by samuk: 4:56pm On Apr 10, 2021
gregyboy:

I stop wasting my time on tao11 when she stop bringing anything new to the table just old lies been recirculated again trying to convince us to belive her lies

Are brothers have all, abandoned her but she wont quit because of pride

Dont you see we have done enough damage to Yoruba history which they use to attach on benins, you dont see random people creating topic again discussing on the benin-ife myth as most people are getting enlightened on the truth

Tao is the only one left carrying the Yoruba lies, even those that used to cheer her on and insult on her behalf have all abandoned her.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

War In Benin Kingdom As Ogiamen Names Himself Ruler... / Nnewi New Yam Festival Heard Today, It Looks So Demonic (photo) / Nigerian English & Questionnaire

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 195
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.