Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,941 members, 7,835,135 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:42 AM

Itsekiri Are Part Of The Greater Oduduwa Family- Ooni - Culture (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Itsekiri Are Part Of The Greater Oduduwa Family- Ooni (6196 Views)

Olu Of Warri Kicks Out Ayiri, Revalidates Iyatsere, 10 Other Itsekiri Chiefs / Olu Of Warri Coronation: Tsola Emiko Walking Before Departing For Ode-Itsekiri / Itsekiri Are Part Of The Greater Oduduwa Family- Ooni (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Itsekiri Are Part Of The Greater Oduduwa Family- Ooni by macof(m): 12:45pm On Apr 11, 2021
Fezz:

Samuk, I have studied your write ups for a while now and I must admit you are one of the smartest Benin supporters in this forum. You pay attention and you study people a lot before you respond. That is an act of wisdom so keep it up.

You nailed my points. Benin city is just a fraction of the great Benin empire. It is only wise for Benin historians to know about the history of the Benin empire and all the clans within the empire and don't just focus on Edo alone.

The Yorubas best the benins in arguments not because their history is authentic but because they have studied their personal weaknesses, they have studied their opponents history and also they depend a lot onicer team work.

The benins history is so pure and genuine, but you need to have a deeper knowledge of the Benin empire as a whole and also study the Yoruba history as well because their history is flawed and very shallow. You can easily pick up errors from their history.

For example, Akka as you mentioned was the first son of pa Idu and the edo speaking tribe originated from akka and that is why till today the Urhobos call the Edo speaking people Akka. The Urhobos descended from Ihobo and they are all brothers. Other descendants of Pa Idu are efa and emehi, and their descendants are the esans, afemai etc. They all lived together as one family before they spread across the edo/delta region.

So can you see why it's good to study the pre-historic era of other clans such as the Urhobos etc because they will fill up the missing links of your history. It is true that the likes of the esans and Urhobos migrated to their present locations during internal wars or other disputes in Benin kingdom but you should realise that they migrated to those lands already inhabited by their ancestors that they were family with (efa, emehi, Ihobo)etc

The Yorubas are taking advantage of loopholes. For example, do you know that ubini was not derived from ile-ibinu as the yorubas usually say. Ubini has always been known as another name for igodomigo since the era of the ogisos. Ubini means "place of inexhaustible resources". Oranmiyan could not speak Edo language and that is why he mispronounced ile- ubini for ile-ibinu But the yorubas have hammered on that error and tried to use it to their advantage.

grin this guy is so hilarious. @tao11, at least this one has the brain to know that you are knocking the nonsense out of them. But bigotry will not allow him move forward
Opponent, rival Upon history? If that is all history is to you.. A tool to attack people then you have no business with history and should be disregarded because everything for you is purely motivated by hate and bigotry

2 Likes

Re: Itsekiri Are Part Of The Greater Oduduwa Family- Ooni by TAO11(f): 2:13pm On Apr 11, 2021
Fezz:
[s]This link says it all. The oba of Benin telling the whole world were Oduduwa hails from, and your ooni (the custodian of yoruba history) was right there. The Benins are not out there to force their history on anyone because the Benins make history, they don't tell stories. That's the difference between the Benins and the yorubas. The yorubas are good story tellers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GuhewZPbTsQ[/s]

Wait! Didn’t the Ooni actually run to the stage that day and snatched the ‘mic’ from your oba and called him a liar, while disrupting the whole proceeding? /s

I guess that was how you expected the Ooni (or the historians there seated) to express their disagreement with the Izoduwa fairy-tales of Oduduwa being from Benin. cheesy

Listen for the umpteenth time, anyone may freely choose to make any statement they please. Making the statement does not equate it to truth.

The Benin kings of today may, for example, choose to say that the clouds are made of cotton wool. He won’t be flogged simply for being ignorant. Scientist would only have a good laugh at his ignorance.

Similarly, the Benin kings of today, may choose to say that Oduduwa is from Benin. He won’t have the ‘mic’ snatched from him for saying that (at his own event for that matter). Historians and other informed folks there would only have a good laugh for embarrassing himself.

The idea that Oduduwa came from Benin was made up by some intimidated Binis in the 1970s while citing no source for their strange claim. Their claim is debunked by the decades-earlier received accounts of Benin; and historians have also passed a verdict on this fabrication by declaring it to be an interesting nonsense.

Cheers!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Itsekiri Are Part Of The Greater Oduduwa Family- Ooni by TAO11(f): 2:21pm On Apr 11, 2021
macof:
grin grin grin these small people are so paranoid. Imagine this little man thinks Yoruba are his rivals cheesy
Don't flatter yourself, Yoruba nation is too large and too powerful to consider you a rival
Inferiority complex be gripping these Bini folks grin
I swear! Baba has gone paranoid. He sees rivals. LMAO!

Yorubas that have a long bucket list of fun activities with no sufficient time is now his rival. Wonderful! cheesy

He had better start living in the real world, and wake up from his delusions.

2 Likes

Re: Itsekiri Are Part Of The Greater Oduduwa Family- Ooni by davidnazee: 4:55pm On Apr 11, 2021
macof:

grin this guy is so hilarious. @tao11, at least this one has the brain to know that you are knocking the nonsense out of them. But bigotry will not allow him move forward
Opponent, rival Upon history? If that is all history is to you.. A tool to attack people then you have no business with history and should be disregarded because everything for you is purely motivated by hate and bigotry

See darkened pot calling kettle black.. who is denying history and using it to attack people because they feel history wasn't fair to them? History should be celebrated not to be ashamed of like ur brethren Tao11..
Great Benin was a mighty kingdom and it conquered and ruled vast yoruba territories, that is history..
You can continue to lie to yourselves..
Re: Itsekiri Are Part Of The Greater Oduduwa Family- Ooni by davidnazee: 4:59pm On Apr 11, 2021
TAO11:
I swear! Baba has gone paranoid. He sees rivals. LMAO!

Yorubas that have a long bucket list of fun activities with no sufficient time is now his rival. Wonderful! cheesy

He had better start living in the real world, and wake up from his delusions.

I told you before that for many years to come you will continue to argue Benin history and its conquests/rule of the Yorubas..
Re: Itsekiri Are Part Of The Greater Oduduwa Family- Ooni by Nobody: 7:18pm On Apr 11, 2021
davidnazee:

I told you before that for many years to come you will continue to argue Benin history and its conquests/rule of the Yorubas..

Are you binis not tired of arguing the truth.

Even today I watched a documentary on DStv about yoruba cultures, history and traditions plus marriage style....

All yoruba states were mentioned Including Edo state and written on the screen..

Why all these arguments.

You guys should give Peace a chance. Both of you are same people..

1 Like

Re: Itsekiri Are Part Of The Greater Oduduwa Family- Ooni by davidnazee: 7:38pm On Apr 11, 2021
Juliusmalema:

Even today I watched a documentary on DStv about yoruba cultures, history and traditions plus marriage style....

All yoruba states were mentioned Including Edo state and written on the screen..

Why all these arguments.

First, we are not the same..
Are u yoruba?
Did u start learning African history from childhood or from nairaland/internet?

Just a question for u..
Re: Itsekiri Are Part Of The Greater Oduduwa Family- Ooni by Nobody: 7:42pm On Apr 11, 2021
davidnazee:

First, we are not the same..
Are u yoruba?
Did u start learning African history from childhood or from nairaland/internet?

Just a question for u..

I am not Yoruba please

But Yoruba and Edo history are too interwined and that's the reason of the conflict.

Even the documentary clearly states there is a minor conflict but that doesn't affect the generality of the whole history.

Why can't you guys find a common ground to merge everything into one instead of all these attacks.
Re: Itsekiri Are Part Of The Greater Oduduwa Family- Ooni by samuk: 7:54pm On Apr 11, 2021
TAO11:

Wait! Didn’t the Ooni actually run to the stage that day and snatched the ‘mic’ from your oba and called him a liar, while disrupting the whole proceeding? /s

I guess that was how you expected the Ooni (or the historians there seated) to express their disagreement with the Izoduwa fairy-tales of Oduduwa being from Benin. cheesy

Listen for the umpteenth time, anyone may freely choose to make any statement they please. Making the statement does not equate it to truth.

The Benin kings of today may, for example, choose to say that the clouds are made of cotton wool. He won’t be flogged simply for being ignorant. Scientist would only have a good laugh at his ignorance.

Similarly, the Benin kings of today, may choose to say that Oduduwa is from Benin. He won’t have the ‘mic’ snatched from him for saying that (at his own event for that matter). Historians and other informed folks there would only have a good laugh for embarrassing himself.

The idea that Oduduwa came from Benin was made up by some intimidated Binis in the 1970s while citing no source for their strange claim. Their claim is debunked by the decades-earlier received accounts of Benin; and historians have also passed a verdict on this fabrication by declaring it to be an interesting nonsense.

Cheers!

If the Benin Oduduwa claim was made up in the 1970s, when was the Yoruba version made up, late 1800s? If so what made the Yoruba version more authentic? Is it because it
Was the first lie told?

I have asked you to show us in the history books were Ife was mentioned in Benin history before 1800s.

The fact that the Yorubas are the first to tell lie doesn't make it true. The history books from 1400s to 1789, a period of about 400 years doesn't support your fairytales. Keep lying whilst we keep referring you to the history books.
Re: Itsekiri Are Part Of The Greater Oduduwa Family- Ooni by samuk: 7:59pm On Apr 11, 2021
Juliusmalema:

I am not Yoruba please

But Yoruba and Edo history are too interwined and that's the reason of the conflict.

Even the documentary clearly states there is a minor conflict but that doesn't affect the generality of the whole history.

Why can't you guys find a common ground to merge everything into one instead of all these attacks.

There are people across southern and middle belt Nigeria that claim Benin ancestry, so Benin and these people are intertwined, there is notthing new here. There is a bit of Benin in every region in southern Nigeria and part of the middle belt.

Below is history lecture for you from the Obi of Onitsha himself. Onitsha is the most significant town in eastern Nigeria, it has Benin written all over it.

Go and learn your history first before dabbling into other people history, you hardly even know your history let alone being in a position to say Benin are Yoruba.

I won't be surprised if you come and tell us the Obi of Onitsha doesn't know what he is saying just like your friend TAO11 says the Oba of Lagos doesn't know what he was saying. The Oba of Lagos claimed his father was born in Benin to a king, TAO11 said it was lie that the first Oba of Lagos was an Isheri/Awori commoner.

You present generation claim to know more than your kings.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrxQKyPh7I8
Re: Itsekiri Are Part Of The Greater Oduduwa Family- Ooni by Nobody: 8:22pm On Apr 11, 2021
samuk:

There are people across southern and middle belt Nigeria that claim Benin ancestry, so Benin and these people are intertwined, there is notthing new here. There is a bit of Benin in every region in southern Nigeria and part of the middle belt.

Below is history lecture for you from the Obi of Onitsha himself. Onitsha is the most significant town in eastern Nigeria, it has Benin written all over it.

Go and learn your history first before dabbling into other people history, you hardly even know your history let alone being in a position to say Benin are Yoruba.

You dream alot and that's the reason you can't face your rival.

Igbos have no business been n your history. Igwe Alfred Achebe was clear, people who went out in search of greener pastures returned when they have stayed enough in foreign land

It also happens today, there are Igbos everywhere searching for pastures and when they are done, they return home...So it is nothing to discuss

Until you become realistic then you will argue with facts unless you still like to dream.

1 Like

Re: Itsekiri Are Part Of The Greater Oduduwa Family- Ooni by samuk: 8:24pm On Apr 11, 2021
Juliusmalema:

You dream alot and that's the reason you can't face your rival.

Igbos have no business been n your history.

Until you become realistic then you will argue with facts unless you still like to dream.

Argue that with the Obi of Onitsha. The Obi disagrees with you.

Re: Itsekiri Are Part Of The Greater Oduduwa Family- Ooni by Nobody: 8:26pm On Apr 11, 2021
samuk:

Argue that with the Obi of Onitsha. The Obi disagrees with you.

I am done with you. I don't debate fallacy or muzzle what was clear Igwe Achebe said.
Re: Itsekiri Are Part Of The Greater Oduduwa Family- Ooni by samuk: 8:31pm On Apr 11, 2021
Juliusmalema:

I am done with you. I don't debate fallacy or muzzle what was clear Igwe Achebe said.

There is no fallacy here, the Obi says the Onitsha people are intertwined with Benin and Yoruba.
Re: Itsekiri Are Part Of The Greater Oduduwa Family- Ooni by Nobody: 8:43pm On Apr 11, 2021
samuk:

There is no fallacy here, the Obi says the Onitsha people are intertwined with Benin and Yoruba.

Mr I am done with you. I don't debate fallacy or muzzle what was clear Igwe Achebe said.

Better listen clearly to what he said.

1 Like

Re: Itsekiri Are Part Of The Greater Oduduwa Family- Ooni by samuk: 8:52pm On Apr 11, 2021
Juliusmalema:

Mr I am done with you. I don't debate fallacy or muzzle what was clear Igwe Achebe said.

Better listen clearly to what he said.

What is there to understand, the Obi said the Onitsha people left Ife to Benin then to their present location. That made Igbo intertwined with Benin and Yoruba. When Zik said his ancestors were from the royal household of Benin, some of you were full of insult for the most successful politician and only president from the east, now that the Obi of Onitsha have said similar thing, you are too ashamed to debate, you should have just remained quiet and read from the sidelines instead of dabbling into debates like this knowing full well that the Benin are armed to the teeth with history of every region of Nigeria.

Now you have been brought face to face with your Obi for your history lecture, enjoy it.
Re: Itsekiri Are Part Of The Greater Oduduwa Family- Ooni by Nobody: 8:54pm On Apr 11, 2021
samuk:

What is there to understand, the Obi said the Onitsha people left Ife to Benin then to there present location. That made Igbo and Yoruba intertwined with Benin and Yoruba. When Zik said his ancestors from from the royal household of Benin, some of you were full of insult for the most successful politician and only president from the east, now that the Obi of Onitsha have said similar thing, you are too ashamed to debate, you should have just remained quietly and read from the sidelines instead of dabbling into debates like this knowing full well that the Benin are armed to the teeth with history of every region of Nigeria.

Now you have been brought face to face with your Obi for your history, enjoy it.

Go and argue your history with Tao11, we have nothing, no single fallacy to debate with you.

2 Likes

Re: Itsekiri Are Part Of The Greater Oduduwa Family- Ooni by samuk: 9:01pm On Apr 11, 2021
Juliusmalema:

Go and argue your history we Tao11, we have nothing, no single fallacy to debate with you.

I am not surprised because I already predicted it that you will call what Obi of Onitsha said fallacy just like your friend TAO11 called the Oba of Lagos a liar.
Re: Itsekiri Are Part Of The Greater Oduduwa Family- Ooni by Nobody: 9:06pm On Apr 11, 2021
samuk:

I am not surprised because I already predicted it that you will call what Obi of said fallacy just like your friend TAO11 called the Oba of Lagos a liar.

Yawns

Argue with those u are related to.
Re: Itsekiri Are Part Of The Greater Oduduwa Family- Ooni by samuk: 9:12pm On Apr 11, 2021
Juliusmalema:

Yawns

Argue with those u are related to.

Oguta people of Imo state claim Benin ancestry. See the link for video of their history below. No matter your denial Benin is everywhere in Igbo land.

https://www.google.com/url?q=https://www.bbc.com/igbo/afirika-48565792&sa=U&ved=2ahUKEwiPgLLynb7tAhXI2qQKHaWeBrQQFjAOegQICRAB&usg=AOvVaw3am-fbxDHnMAVrzuqkDP9h
Re: Itsekiri Are Part Of The Greater Oduduwa Family- Ooni by TAO11(f): 9:17pm On Apr 11, 2021
samuk:
[s]If the Benin Oduduwa claim was made up in the 1970s, when was the Yoruba version made up, late 1800s? If so what made the Yoruba version more authentic? Is it because it Was the first lie told?

I have asked you to show us in the history books were Ife was mentioned in Benin history before 1800s.
The fact that the Yorubas are the first to tell lie doesn't make it true. The history books from 1400s to 1789, a period of about 400 years doesn't support your fairytales. Keep lying whilst we keep referring you to the history books.[/s]
(1) tHe BeNiN hIsToRy bOoKs fRoM 1400s to 1850s, A pErIoD oF aBoUt 400 yEaRs dOeSn’T sUpPoRt tHe fOlLowInG fAirYTaLeS : Oba Eweka I, Oba Uwuakhuahen, Oba Henmihen, Oba Ewedo, Oba Oguola, Oba Edoni, Oba Udagbedo, Oba Ohen, Oba Egbeka, Oba Orobiru, Oba Uwaifiokun, Oba Ewuare I, Oba Ezoti, Oba Olua, Oba Ozolua, Oba Esigie, Oba Orhogbua, Oba Ehengbuda, Oba Ohuan, Oba Ohenzae, Oba Akenkpaye, Oba Akengbedo, Oba Ore-Oghene, Oba Ewuakpe, Oba Ozuere, Oba Akenzua I, Oba Eresoyen, Oba Akengbuda, Oba Obanosa, Oba Ogbebo, Oba Osemwende.

(2) The idea that Oduduwa is a Bini man was first put forward by the following guy-men (non-historians): S. B. Omoregie (1970), D. U. Edebiri (c.1970), E. Akenzua (1971), and A. Iyare (1973).

Their idea is a fraud NOT because of the year(s) it was put forward, no. Rather, it is a fraud for the following reasons:

(A) The classical account of the Benins (on Oduduwa) — which was documented about forty years earlier — does contradict their strange claim.

(B) The classical account of the Benins (on Ekalderhan) — which was documented about eighty years earlier — does contradict their strange claim.

(C) S. B. Omoregie (1970), D. U. Edebiri (c.1970), E. Akenzua (1971), and A. Iyare (1973) didn’t cite even one source for their strange claim, neither did they name even one informant for their strange claim.

(D) Historians have declared it to be nothing but a fraud and an interesting nonsense.

Cheers! kiss

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Itsekiri Are Part Of The Greater Oduduwa Family- Ooni by TAO11(f): 9:19pm On Apr 11, 2021
samuk:
[s]I am not surprised because I already predicted it that you will call what Obi of said fallacy just like your friend TAO11 called the Oba of Lagos a liar.[/s]
No, Oba Akiolu is NOT a liar. And no one said he is. cheesy

You’re only butt-hurt that he wouldn’t say what you’re dying to hear him say. grin

And you’re also raving mad because he declared that Lagos does NOT belong to Benin kingdom.

Cc: Juliusmalema

4 Likes

Re: Itsekiri Are Part Of The Greater Oduduwa Family- Ooni by TAO11(f): 9:33pm On Apr 11, 2021
Juliusmalema:

Why all these arguments.

The fact that we ruled and continue to rule over them does not mean we are exactly the same people.

The appropriate thing to say is that the Binis are the subjects of the Ife-Yorubas.

But if you really want to call a spade a spade, you may call them slaves of the Ife-Yorubas

Cheers.

4 Likes

Re: Itsekiri Are Part Of The Greater Oduduwa Family- Ooni by Nobody: 10:23pm On Apr 11, 2021
TAO11:
The fact that we ruled and continue to rule over them does not mean we are exactly the same people.

The appropriate thing to say is that the Binis are the subjects of the Ife-Yorubas.

But if you really want to call a spade a spade, you may call them slaves of the Ife-Yorubas

Cheers.

I can't use a derogatory words against them because the documentary didn't. The documentary states clearly that though a friction exist that doesn't mean the people are divided.
Re: Itsekiri Are Part Of The Greater Oduduwa Family- Ooni by TAO11(f): 10:50pm On Apr 11, 2021
Juliusmalema:
I can't use a derogatory words against them because the documentary didn't. The documentary states clearly that though a friction exist that doesn't mean the people are divided.
Yorubas are people with Yoruba language and Yoruba culture.

Edos (of course including the Bini subgroup) are people with Edo language and Edo culture.

The fact that Yorubas came all the way from Ife to rule over the Binis (till date) doesn’t make the Binis one of us.

Their kings however are one of us. But the people over whom they rule remain Binis.

Cheers!

3 Likes

Re: Itsekiri Are Part Of The Greater Oduduwa Family- Ooni by samuk: 11:56pm On Apr 11, 2021
TAO11:
Yorubas are people with Yoruba language and Yoruba culture.

Edos (of course including the Bini subgroup) are people with Edo language and Edo culture.

The fact that Yorubas came all the way from Ife to rule over the Binis (till date) doesn’t make the Binis one of us.

Their kings however are one of us. But the people over whom they rule remain Binis.

Cheers!

If you truly believe the king is one of you, you wouldn't have any problem with the claim by his son, the Oba of Lagos, that the Oba of Benin is his father.

Even you clever by half liar don't even believe your own lies. If you believe your lies of Oba of Benin being Yoruba, you wouldn't have issues with the claim by Oba of Lagos that his father is the Oba of Benin, but because you know that the Oba of Benin is not Yoruba, you have to look for an Isheri commoner as the first Oba of Lagos and try to deny the Benin ownership of Lagos monarchy.

If you sincerely believe that the Oba of Benin is a Yoruba man, then by extension the Oba of Lagos whose father is oba of Benin, will also be a Yoruba man through his father and I don't see any reason why you will have any problem with that but you have issues with oba of Benin being the father of Oba of Lagos because you know that the Oba of Benin is not Yoruba.

Can you see how you expose your own lies.

Yoruba 1800s fabrications of Benin history will not hold water because documented Benin history pre 1800s disagree with your fabrications.

We are still waiting for were Ife was mentioned in Benin history books pre 1800s. Or where Benin was mentioned in Ife history books pre 1800s, sorry for the last question, I forgot Ife history haven't started then, even your fictional Oyo empire wasn't visited by the white man until 1826.

Baby kingdom trying to annexed their ancestors that is more than 400 years older than them.
Re: Itsekiri Are Part Of The Greater Oduduwa Family- Ooni by samuk: 12:17am On Apr 12, 2021
Juliusmalema:

The Benin have told you times without numbers that they are not Yoruba, TAO11 has now also told you that Edo people are not Yoruba. This we both agree on and hope you learn from this. As for the Yoruba trying to steal the Oba of Benin since the late 1800s, we the Benin are equal to the task.

The Yoruba can't just wake up in the 1800s and started writing books on how to steal the Oba of Benin as soon as they knew how to read and write, when more than 400 years of documented Benin history says otherwise.

The issue is Yoruba is trying to steal the Benin monarchy to claim every other tribes that claim Benin ancestry and we are resisting them with Benin pre colonial historical archives.

The issue is purely between a thief and the owner.
Re: Itsekiri Are Part Of The Greater Oduduwa Family- Ooni by TAO11(f): 1:32am On Apr 12, 2021
samuk:
[s]The Benin have told you times without numbers that they are not Yoruba, TAO11 has now also told you that Edo people are not Yoruba. These we both agree on and hope you learn from this. As for the Yoruba trying to steal the Oba of Benin since the late 1800s, we the Benin are equal to the task.

The Yoruba can't just wake up in the 1800s and started writing books on how to steal the Oba of Benin as soon as they knew how to read and write, when more than 400 years of documented Benin history says otherwise.

The issue is Yoruba is trying to steal the Benin monarchy to claim every other tribes that claim Benin ancestry and we are resisting them with Benin pre colonial historical archives.

The issue is purely between a thief and the owner[/s]
Binis have been insisting adamantly to Europeans since the 1800s that their obas are Yorubas. It is not the other way round.

I have evidence for my position. You have nothing for yours. Be guided.

4 Likes

Re: Itsekiri Are Part Of The Greater Oduduwa Family- Ooni by TAO11(f): 1:48am On Apr 12, 2021
samuk:
[s]If you truly believe the king is one of you, you wouldn't have any problem with the claim by his son, the Oba of Lagos, that the Oba of is his father.

Even you clever by half liar don't even believe your own lies. If you believe your lies of Oba of Benin being Yoruba, you wouldn't have issues with the claim by Oba of Lagos that his father is the Oba of Benin, but because you know that the Oba of Benin is not Yoruba, you have to look for an Isheri commoner as the first Oba of Lagos and try to deny the Benin ownership of Lagos monarchy.

If you sincerely believe that the Oba of Benin is a Yoruba man, then by extension the Oba of Lagos whose father is oba of Benin, will also be a Yoruba man through his father and I don't see any reason why you will have any problem with that but you have issues with oba of Benin being the father of Oba of Lagos because you know that the Oba of Benin is not Yoruba.

Can you see how you expose your own lies.[/s]
So, history to you and your fellow dullards is about what you have problem with and what you do not have a problem with.

No, that’s not history. That’s Benin people mUmUism.

Oba of Benin is a Yoruba. How does that necessitate that Oba of Lagos is descended paternally from Benin?

To you, the actual history of Lagos must be set aside for whatever should make us feel good.

Nah, we are not Benin dullards here. History is history regardless of whatever you’re okay or not okay with.

This your comment appears to be the dumbest of all time.

[s]Yoruba 1800s fabrications of Benin history will not hold water because documented Benin history pre 1800s disagree with your fabrications.

We are still waiting for were Ife was mentioned in Benin history books pre 1800s. Or where Benin was mentioned in Ife history books pre 1800s, sorry for the last question, I forgot Ife history haven't started then, even your fictional Oyo empire wasn't visited by the white man until 1826.

Baby kingdom trying to annexed their ancestors that is more than 400 years older than them.[/s]
Oyo was no where near the coast, grow up. grin

Europeans visited Benin and they made the world realize that there is no connection between Benin kingdom and the following names: Oba Eweka I, Oba Uwuakhuahen, Oba Henmihen, Oba Ewedo, Oba Oguola, Oba Edoni, Oba Udagbedo, Oba Ohen, Oba Egbeka, Oba Orobiru, Oba Uwaifiokun, Oba Ewuare I, Oba Ezoti, Oba Olua, Oba Ozolua, Oba Esigie, Oba Orhogbua, Oba Ehengbuda, Oba Ohuan, Oba Ohenzae, Oba Akenkpaye, Oba Akengbedo, Oba Ore-Oghene, Oba Ewuakpe, Oba Ozuere, Oba Akenzua I, Oba Eresoyen, Oba Akengbuda, Oba Obanosa, Oba Ogbebo, Oba Osemwende.

2 Likes

Re: Itsekiri Are Part Of The Greater Oduduwa Family- Ooni by samuk: 8:06am On Apr 12, 2021
Nigeria history of various tribes falls into two categories, pre-1800s eyewitness written accounts and post 1800s mostly fairytales which was written by the first educated Nigerians and some lazy Europeans who based their writings on latter day fairytales and were too lazy to do their proper research into archival materials of pre 1800s Nigeria eyewitness historical accounts.

Frauds like TAO11 mostly qoute and cite their sources to support their lies, fallacies, fairytales and fabrications from the post 1800s lies. They hardly cite or qoute from earlier than 1800s to support their lies.

Everyone should be guided when they see citations from post 1800s talking about historical events that supposed or claimed to have happen earlier than 1800s. If you want the authentic history of pre 1800s Nigeria, they were documented by eyewitnesses of that time, seek for their materials and read their first hand accounts not latterday manipulations.

1. TAO11 told us the Oba of Benin used to be buried in Ife pre 1800s, I have asked for the pre 1800s accounts that said so, she is yet to provide it.

2. TAO11 is repeating the lies that Benin hard relationship with Ife pre-1800s, I have severally requested for source material pre 1800s to support his/her claim, she can't find any pre 1800s historical accounts to support her lies.

3. TAO11 told us that the first Oba of Lagos was an Isheri commoner, this is contrary to the account of Oba of Lagos himself who said his ancestors was a Benin prince and eyewitness historical accounts of Lagos in 1603 is in support of Oba of Lagos position. TAO11 is yet to provide pre 1800s historical accounts to support her Isheri man.

4. TAO11 told us Oyo used to be an empire pre 1800s, she is yet to show us the pre 1800s eyewitness historical accounts to support her fairytale and fictional Oyo empire that didn't even have a European visitor until 1826, 400 years after Benin had her first European encounter.

5. TAO11 told us Ife was more than a village and the cradle of Yoruba culture that was so advanced in artworks that they taught Benin the skills in ancient times, I have requested for her pre-1800s sources but she can't provide any to support her lies.

TAO11 be warned that if you must tell a lie avoid pre 1800s Nigeria history because that era was documented and the Benin of 1400s to 1799 was particularly well documented.

Henceforth, concentrate your lies in post 1800s Nigeria because each time you dabble into pre 1800s Nigeria history, you will be requested for eyewitness sources from that period and nothing less will be accepted.

Don't come back to tell us it wasn't you that made these claims initially and that you are just repeating the lies told by those before you. It has been brought to your notice that all these claims are lies, he who makes a claim most be ready to back it up with eyewitness evidence.

You just can't wake up in 2021 and start telling us some bullshit stories and claim they happen in 1550 without eyewitness historical evidence to back them up.

Your lies are for those with baby brains not matured minds like ours.
Re: Itsekiri Are Part Of The Greater Oduduwa Family- Ooni by macof(m): 9:53am On Apr 12, 2021
samuk:

If you truly believe the king is one of you, you wouldn't have any problem with the claim by his son, the Oba of Lagos, that the Oba of Benin is his father.

Can you see how you expose your own lies.

Yoruba 1800s fabrications of Benin history will not hold water because documented Benin history pre 1800s disagree with your fabrications.

Baby kingdom trying to annexed their ancestors that is more than 400 years older than them.

Goes to show that all this is subject to sentiments for you.
TAO11 is hitting with facts and narratives proven to be traditional accounts to burst new age revisionism. I don't see how it is about personal issues.
When you are told Oba of Lagos is only distantly connected to Bini by ologun kutere 's (the current dynasty) mother being the daughter of Ado, Ado whose mother (not father) was Bini...you best believe it because that's the Awori account

4 Likes

Re: Itsekiri Are Part Of The Greater Oduduwa Family- Ooni by Fezz: 1:02pm On Apr 12, 2021
TAO11:

Cheers.

It is obvious you are paid by a royal house to derogate the Benin history. There is so much hate in you towards the Benins. May God instil some level of love in your heart. Be a professional and have the decency to tell the truth. This is all I have to say to you

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

The 40 Something Nigerian Woman Who Is Not Married / Eze Ukoha Remains Ezieogo Of Ebem — EODU, Backs April 8 Chieftaincy Conferment / 10 Reasons Ibadan Is Better Than Lagos -hashimyussufamao

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.