Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,761 members, 7,817,104 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:47 AM

Here We Go Again: CPC Rejects Presidential Election Result - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Here We Go Again: CPC Rejects Presidential Election Result (8976 Views)

Some Kogi Governorship Election Result 2015 / Rev Chris Okotie Rejects Presidential Poll Result / Okotie Rejects Presidential Poll Result (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Here We Go Again: CPC Rejects Presidential Election Result by blacksta(m): 3:11pm On Apr 18, 2011
The Congress for Progressive (CPC) has officially rejected the results of the 2011 Presidential Election.

The presidential candidate of the Congress for Progressive Change, Muhammadu Buhari, has lodged a complaint with the Independent National Electoral Commission over the results of the presidential election which held in various parts of Nigeria last Saturday.

Speaking on Aljazeera, Monday, in reaction to questions on the rising protest and violence in the North where he has a large number of supporters, Mr Buhari said the announced results were false and that he had laid his complaints before the electoral body. He said the body has agreed to check the score sheets manually and compare with the results they inputed to their electronic system.

The former head of state said he based his allegations of electoral fraud on reports he got from party representatives from various polling booths in the North.

http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/Home/5690793-146/story.csp
Re: Here We Go Again: CPC Rejects Presidential Election Result by blacksta(m): 3:17pm On Apr 18, 2011
Both Action Congress of Nigeria, Congress for Progressive Change issue formal complaints about tallies in some areas

-

Abeg - throw that syndrome of Free and Fair elections inside dustbin - for now
Re: Here We Go Again: CPC Rejects Presidential Election Result by blacksta(m): 3:17pm On Apr 18, 2011
Riots in the North spreads to parts of Yola; offices and stalls closed down, according to reports --

Galadima of Kano's residence in flames
Re: Here We Go Again: CPC Rejects Presidential Election Result by Kobojunkie: 3:19pm On Apr 18, 2011
Throw wetin? Two years from now, you will still be told stories of how it was all free and fair.!
Re: Here We Go Again: CPC Rejects Presidential Election Result by Bawss1(m): 3:23pm On Apr 18, 2011
CPC should man up and accept their loss for what it is. Enough of this election wahala lets face the business of running the country properly.
Re: Here We Go Again: CPC Rejects Presidential Election Result by blacksta(m): 3:25pm On Apr 18, 2011
Riots sweep Northern states, VP Sambo's House in Zaria ablaze,as Jonathan declared winner of 1st round
Re: Here We Go Again: CPC Rejects Presidential Election Result by blacksta(m): 3:29pm On Apr 18, 2011
Emir of Kaduna's house ablaze, youths looting and no police
Re: Here We Go Again: CPC Rejects Presidential Election Result by blacksta(m): 3:30pm On Apr 18, 2011
The presidential candidate of the Congress for Progressive Change, Muhammadu Buhari, has lodged a complaint with the Independent National Electoral Commission over the results of the presidential election which held in various parts of Nigeria last Saturday.

Speaking on Aljazeera, Monday, in reaction to questions on the rising protest and violence in the North where he has a large number of supporters, Mr Buhari said the announced results were false and that he had laid his complaints before the electoral body. He said the body has agreed to check the score sheets manually and compare with the results they inputed to their electronic system.

The former head of state said he based his allegations of electoral fraud on reports he got from party representatives from various polling booths in the North.
Re: Here We Go Again: CPC Rejects Presidential Election Result by Adanora: 3:30pm On Apr 18, 2011
Let them keep rejecting. If CPC had won would they av bin rejecting results. Lets be realistic here, this guyz are just frustrated. If we look at Kano & Kaduna result, it obviously av k-leg with d underage voters there, d figs are not real and d cancelled local govt result. So make them no even talk, dis election results represent d mind of Nigerian People. Nigerians have spoken and thers nothing BUHARI and his TALIBAN groups and GANG can do about it. PERIODDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
Re: Here We Go Again: CPC Rejects Presidential Election Result by Dave6: 3:32pm On Apr 18, 2011
Reject? They can stick high-tension wires up their stnking as.ses!
Re: Here We Go Again: CPC Rejects Presidential Election Result by Pataki: 3:35pm On Apr 18, 2011
So ACN also rejecting the results is false?

In 1993, when IBB annulled the June 12 Presidential elections, where you people when the South West went on rampage?

Once a set of people feel cheated in Nigeria, they take it out on the street in respective of ethnicity.
Re: Here We Go Again: CPC Rejects Presidential Election Result by SweetT1: 3:37pm On Apr 18, 2011
Truth be told, i'm not an Hausa guy but i do think the election was massively rigged in the SE of the country in favor of PDP.
Re: Here We Go Again: CPC Rejects Presidential Election Result by Hanoobaba(m): 3:38pm On Apr 18, 2011
Enuff of this ranting about underaged voters. No be person register them. Or what do you expect when a thirteen year old girl is already married to a sixteen year old boy who already owns several cattle, do you want the young couple to be disenfranchised. Selfish people.
grin grin grin grin :-P
Re: Here We Go Again: CPC Rejects Presidential Election Result by IBONWON1: 3:47pm On Apr 18, 2011
Nigerins voted massivelly for GEJ, not Party. PLZ our dear brother in North let us embrace the God choosen person, who rose from Commissioner up to Commerder-in -Chief.
PLZ lets move forward, and Buhari to be in Oppositin Leader, and let us turn Nigeria round to good.
God Bless Northerner and Southerner.
Re: Here We Go Again: CPC Rejects Presidential Election Result by Nobody: 4:02pm On Apr 18, 2011
If I was Buhari or the CPC, even if I will reject the results, I will make a statement and say that 'we will review the results and come up with a position statement in a week (or after the violence has ceased)'
The swift rejection of the results is bound to escalate the violence.
Re: Here We Go Again: CPC Rejects Presidential Election Result by Kobojunkie: 4:04pm On Apr 18, 2011
dappssee:

If I was Buhari or the CPC, even if I will reject the results, I will make a statement and say that 'we will review the results and come up with a position statement in a week (or after the violence has ceased)'
The swift rejection of the results is bound to escalate the violence.

NOPE!!! You have a certain period within which you can accept or reject the result . . . before INEC makes it's final announcement. You don't have all week to twiddle your fingers on whether or not to.
Re: Here We Go Again: CPC Rejects Presidential Election Result by dayokanu(m): 4:04pm On Apr 18, 2011
Who wont reject results where one woman was voting for a whole Local Govt in the SS
Re: Here We Go Again: CPC Rejects Presidential Election Result by otokx(m): 4:07pm On Apr 18, 2011
Truth be told, all parties rigged but the best rigger won so let us move forward and wait till next time in the alternative they could go to court and may the best "courter" win?
Re: Here We Go Again: CPC Rejects Presidential Election Result by Nobody: 4:09pm On Apr 18, 2011
Kobojunkie:

NOPE!!! You have a certain period within which you can accept or reject the result . . . before INEC makes it's final announcement. You don't have all week to twiddle your fingers on whether or not to.

And that certain period is how long if I might ask
Re: Here We Go Again: CPC Rejects Presidential Election Result by Kobojunkie: 4:12pm On Apr 18, 2011
dappssee:

And that certain period is how long if I might ask

I am not 100% on that but no, you don't have all week.
Re: Here We Go Again: CPC Rejects Presidential Election Result by proudly9ja(m): 4:15pm On Apr 18, 2011
If Jega is truly honest,  it is very easy to detect multiple voting.  Just get a fingerprint scanner and an expert and scan ballot papers. Cancel elections in wards where we exceed a certain preset number of electoral violations. Quite simple.

But is Jega honest?
Re: Here We Go Again: CPC Rejects Presidential Election Result by otokx(m): 4:19pm On Apr 18, 2011
Jega will tell you that the law does not allow for that, if we had done electronic voting we would not been in this mess or rather this mess will have been reduced because i hear of people that have 2 voters cards. 1 for village and 1 for town.
Re: Here We Go Again: CPC Rejects Presidential Election Result by 2mch(m): 4:23pm On Apr 18, 2011
every finger print is unique. This should be very easy to verify. Why is GEJ dragging his feet? I dont think he is too confident. PDP must be stopped! If they cannot win an election convincingly then that party needs to be shut down. These people have committed criminal acts. It is time for Nigerians to react and fight back. Today we are happy because it is GEJ. Tomorrow, how will we react if we are cheated? Fair is fair!
Re: Here We Go Again: CPC Rejects Presidential Election Result by SweetT1: 4:24pm On Apr 18, 2011
To be honest, i have given up hope on Naija. Why is everything that other serious countries do with ease becomes so darn hard to do in Nigeria?? Even elections in Ghana went by without a drop of blood being spilled or massive rigging alleged. Any right thinking human being can see that this past election was a hoax. Especially in the south eastern part of Nigeria. The only part i can honestly say was credible was the south west. I have lost all hopes for these present generation of Nigerians.
Re: Here We Go Again: CPC Rejects Presidential Election Result by Lagosboy: 4:29pm On Apr 18, 2011
The result from SS and SE is simply ridiculous coupled with the rigging video we all saw on youtube from rivers.

CPC is right in rejecting the results. The issue is not would GEJ have won without rigging or not the issue is criminality is criminality.
Re: Here We Go Again: CPC Rejects Presidential Election Result by SkyBlue1: 4:39pm On Apr 18, 2011
People should not register to vote if they have no intention whatsoever to go and vote on the day, it creates more opportunity for spare ballot papers (accrediation or not) being used for rigging. If the will was really there, ballots could be checked again and results from booths with considerable amounts of violations should be cancelled altogether to pass on a stong message that rigging will no longer be tolerated. But then what about underage voters in the north? How does scanning for multiple voting by one thumb checkmate underage voters? I wouldn't be surprised to find that there was rigging in some parts of the south south, but personally I think rigging in eastern states are quite over played. What did people expect exactly? Did Buhari campaign in the east?
Re: Here We Go Again: CPC Rejects Presidential Election Result by MukLdn(m): 4:44pm On Apr 18, 2011
110% The election was rigged. PDP getting 99%'s and 400000 votes in Jigawa and 300000 in Sokoto for example is a joke.

Tell me who vote GEJ in Jigawa that he got 400000? HAHAH. None of it adds up, GEJ might have still won more states but at least it would have gone to run off. This one they claiming is FALSE.

If you cant see 419 there. God Bless you.

Bring out the papers, each fingerpirnt is unique, lets us count again live on NTA television. Or is GEJ scared he may be found out?
Re: Here We Go Again: CPC Rejects Presidential Election Result by dasa: 4:46pm On Apr 18, 2011
Lagosboy:

The result from SS and SE is simply ridiculous coupled with the rigging video we all saw on youtube from rivers.

CPC is right in rejecting the results. The issue is not would GEJ have won without rigging or not the issue is criminality is criminality.

How are the results ridiculus, are you in rivers state or Bayelsa? Look over there, the people had one Goal, and that is voting en mass for GEJ.

I repeat, Buhari did not even campaign in the south south. He wrote that region off, and they wrote him off as a result.

In the North, they are millions of Igbo's and they voted in large numbers for GEJ, same thing happened in Lagos.

Na wa for Una oh. Hwy did the CPC statte agaents sign the results if they were false. all documents from all polling stations untill abuja must b signed by the various party agents.

Buhari ended our Democracy in 1983 and he is doing it again.
Re: Here We Go Again: CPC Rejects Presidential Election Result by Dave6: 4:49pm On Apr 18, 2011
Pls Nigerians, learn not to be Sore Losers .

The election on Saturday was massively rigged in the North in favour of buhari; not just underaged voters but thumbprinting of ballot papers. Persons were caught in Maiduguri by security agents on Saturday with ballot papers being thumbprinted in the thousands for cpc. No noise was made by any opposing party or supporters.
Votes in Borno South were overwhemingly in favour of GEJ. In units where only 2 people voted for cpc or 4 votes, while PDP had about 300 on average.

buhari is and will always be a sore loser as far as this Democratic dispensation is concerned.

In the North, people voted for GEJ, in the South, people voted for GEJ. Why the bitterness?

He and his running mate went about making inflammatory statements throughout their so-called campaign. Even when he went to vote, at the polling station where hundreds of voters with different opinions were, he was saying rubbish.

Never in my life have I   seen such a sore loser like buhari.

I'm utterly disgusted by this creature.
Re: Here We Go Again: CPC Rejects Presidential Election Result by SkyBlue1: 4:51pm On Apr 18, 2011
Lagosboy:

Completely agree, criminality is criminality, no arguments from me. But do we shout "rigging rigging" and close our eyes to under age voters that seemed a very common phenomenom in the north? We can't be biased here. Was the election perfect? I wouldn't say so. Could it have been better? I would agree it could have been. Was it better than the last one we had? I will absolutely make that claim. In cases where there might have been rigging, it could simply be a matter of the riggers got outrigged by the better riggers, but I would say that the shouts of rigging have been over played. There were 120,000 polling booths around the country. What percentage of those got rigged (either by multiple thumb printing or under age voters) that we won't hear anything other than rigged elections? If we are going to be serious about this then results from booths in violation of electoral law can be disregarded to send a clear message, simple. People should push for that if they are serious. PDP is not the only party in Nigeria that knows how to rig. Let us stop being lackeys for people who might have rigged.
Re: Here We Go Again: CPC Rejects Presidential Election Result by 2mch(m): 4:53pm On Apr 18, 2011
Sky Blue:

Completely agree, criminality is criminality, no arguments from me. But do we shout "rigging rigging" and close our eyes to under age voters that seemed a very common phenomenom in the north? We can't be biased here. Was the election perfect? I wouldn't say so. Could it have been better? I would agree it could have been. Was it better than the last one we had? I will absolutely make that claim. It might simply be a matter of the riggers got outrigged by the better riggers, but I would say that the shouts of rigging have been over played. There were 120,000 polling booths around the country. What percentage of those got rigged (either by multiple thumb printing or under age voters) that we won't hear anything other than rigged elections? If we are going to be serious about this then results from booths in violation of electoral law can be disregarded to send a clear message, simple. People should push for that if they are serious. PDP is not the only party in Nigeria that knows how to rig. Let us stop being lackeys for people who might have rigged.

As per the underaged voters, was it not GEJ's responsibility to ensure that adequate security and observer's are present? Instead observer's were arrested and the polling agents were left at the mercy of the civilians, because PDP had the whole rigging strategy worked out. If the argument is underaged voters, then the election should be cancelled and done right
Re: Here We Go Again: CPC Rejects Presidential Election Result by Kobojunkie: 4:54pm On Apr 18, 2011
dasa:

How are the results ridiculus, are you in rivers state or Bayelsa? Look over there, the people had one Goal, and that is voting en mass for GEJ.
I repeat, Buhari did not even campaign in the south south. He wrote that region off, and they wrote him off as a result.
In the North, they are millions of Igbo's and they voted in large numbers for GEJ, same thing happened in Lagos.
Na wa for Una oh. Hwy did the CPC statte agaents sign the results if they were false. all documents from all polling stations untill abuja must b signed by the various party agents.
Buhari ended our Democracy in 1983 and he is doing it again.

I am certain you have not seen or even processed the results being spoken of here. We are talking almost 100% of SE/SS States all voting average 95% one way when there were about 17/18 people on the ballot.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

PDP: Governor Ikpeazu Does Not Intend To Join APC / Nigerian Army : Troops Desertion Story Not True / Ministry Of Finance Freezes MDAs Accounts.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.