Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,155 members, 7,821,930 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:03 PM

Here We Go Again: CPC Rejects Presidential Election Result - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Here We Go Again: CPC Rejects Presidential Election Result (8984 Views)

Some Kogi Governorship Election Result 2015 / Rev Chris Okotie Rejects Presidential Poll Result / Okotie Rejects Presidential Poll Result (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Here We Go Again: CPC Rejects Presidential Election Result by CrudeOil2(m): 9:23pm On Apr 18, 2011
They should bomb themselves to shreds!
Re: Here We Go Again: CPC Rejects Presidential Election Result by aweebaby(f): 9:26pm On Apr 18, 2011
Buhari is just a frustrated man,here in the south east people came out in mass to vote so he should shut up and accept the defeat.this election was free and fair.
Re: Here We Go Again: CPC Rejects Presidential Election Result by ojofree: 9:34pm On Apr 18, 2011
I have read so many divergent views on this thread some well thought out, some intelligent and some that simply display a total lack of umderstanding of the thought process of the average person from the south-south. They have been marginalized for ever and they are suddenly presented an opportunity on a platter of gold to present this nation with a president and you expect them to seat at home?, BIG LIE, personally the turn out of voters in the niger delta is disappointing, i expected to see 100percent voter turnouts there, put yourself in their shoes and tell me you will do less, the votes cpc got in delta state must have been from the few thousand northerners who live in hausa quarter in warri. Buhari wanted votes from SS and SE did he bother to homour them and campaign there? a simply wise reminder for a foolish elder, YOU REAP WHAT YOU SOW
Re: Here We Go Again: CPC Rejects Presidential Election Result by Nobody: 9:36pm On Apr 18, 2011
^ Please come have a bottle of Vodka for that! U're in the right line wink
Re: Here We Go Again: CPC Rejects Presidential Election Result by MeGaStReEt: 9:37pm On Apr 18, 2011
@kobokobo

Don't you think you need a rest?
Re: Here We Go Again: CPC Rejects Presidential Election Result by phreakabit(m): 9:42pm On Apr 18, 2011
ekt_bear:

How can it be a free and fair election when he inflated his votes in the SS+SE by 4 or 5 million+?

Again, there is a difference between winning an election with 40% of the vote and winning it after inflating your share to 60%.

Regardless of what people say the champagne flow must go on HURRAY!  grin grin grin grin

MeGaStReEt:

@kobokobo

Don't you think you need a rest?

Theres a "junkie" somewhere in her name. I guess that Implies that she takes fixes! Probably speed, ex or roids I strongly suspect!
Re: Here We Go Again: CPC Rejects Presidential Election Result by ektbear: 9:44pm On Apr 18, 2011
Champagne is flowing in some parts. Blood is flowing in others. Both products of rigged elections.
Re: Here We Go Again: CPC Rejects Presidential Election Result by Ibime(m): 9:46pm On Apr 18, 2011
With or without rigging, GEJ woulda copped more votes, but he may not have copped the 25% in 24 states needed to avoid a run-off.

GEJ played a smart game, managing to lease pressure groups in Nigeria by appointing JEGA whilst gaining the commendation of International observers for the peaceful elections on election day. The main criticism they had of him was that access to media was unfair.

Now GEJ is the winner, let's just cling on to the very slim hope that he will perform contrary to his past history in governance.

Now what's happening in the North, at least initially, looks like pure people power. Since when do you hear of Aboki's burning their Emir's and Galadimas' palaces? The problem with Aboki is that violence will inevitably spill over to Christians.

I advice all Christians to stay well hidden on Friday cos the main rampage always takes place after Friday prayers. Even in Egypt and Tunisia, the biggest protests were seen after Friday prayers.
Re: Here We Go Again: CPC Rejects Presidential Election Result by soloqy: 9:49pm On Apr 18, 2011
phreakabit:

I hate it when people make utterances that clearly depicts their level of outrageous dumbness! What do you mean by 95% when they where about 17/18 people on at the polling boot? How did you monitor it from Ohio or are you in Umuohio,Anambra state? Please be reasonable when you make claims. claims are more than mere comments and should be backed with facts! I see you have a high amount of posts, I dont want to be forced to think that more than half of it are crap like the one above, Please!

You see, there is a trend that I have noticed here. Most of these people sojourning abroad(Nairaland especially) somehow, feel they have to be negative about everything . I have asked the same question before. How on earth do they think they are in a better position to tell us what is happening here? They should all keep their negativity to themselves. What is dificult to understand about someone polling 90- 95 percent of votes cast in the SS and SE?

Jonathan represents the yearnings and aspirations of the minorities(all of south-south). They think buhari would be polling figures in the tens of thousands there?

The same can be said of the South East where Ohaneze and Aka-Ikenga expressly, directed the igbos to vote for their 'brother'.

What is all this? I have lived in Enugu and I am not being condescending when I say that the northerners living there at the time I was there, were total illiterates who never participated in any thing. They could all be found at a place called Ama-Hausa(pronounced 'amausa') .

The figures of Nortern elite moving to the east to settle, is very very low.

Its unfortunate, though not surprising, that Buhari would reject the results. This is a wicked and dangerous man who's inordinate ambition to rule blinds him to truth and peace of which he claims to be a harbinger .
Re: Here We Go Again: CPC Rejects Presidential Election Result by sirjec(m): 9:59pm On Apr 18, 2011
Why are we complaining. If CPC refuses the result, they should go to tribunal. Even before the election, they heard news of rigging, Funny as it can be, I voted and waited to count my votes and the polling unit where I was, PDP had 981, others share 19votes, No rigging of any kind. Some of my friends from the north voted there for their CPC and waited till it was counted and they were satisfied.

By the way, CPC did not campaign in the south and east. Were they promised of Miracle by any seer?

The reason CPC didn't campaign in those areas were because they new those areas are no-go-area for any other party.

I assure you that if this election is cancelled and re-conducted, Everybody will still vote GOODLUCK. I said Goodluck instead of PDP because we all voted the person not the party.

Buhari has always been like this. He never loved democracy. He ended it once, now he doesn't want to accept what democracy brings, peoples choice. I wonder what would have happened if he were still in active service.

Perhaps PDP paid all the journalists not to comment on the rigging this time around, Illusions.

Goodluck for everyone
Re: Here We Go Again: CPC Rejects Presidential Election Result by nwabso: 10:02pm On Apr 18, 2011
Tell them the truth my brother go ahead.
Re: Here We Go Again: CPC Rejects Presidential Election Result by 10cirenoh: 10:06pm On Apr 18, 2011
phreakabit:

Shaking my head at the level of reasoning you exhibit! Are you implying that since less than 40% of Lagosians and Abokis in Kano voted, then its only reasonable for less than 40% to vote in the SS and SE too? You are indeed comical!

I am not here to argue, kindly provide answers to my questions if you have any.

Thanks
Re: Here We Go Again: CPC Rejects Presidential Election Result by soloqy: 10:09pm On Apr 18, 2011
This is just a calculated attempt at casting aspersions on an election that was free and fair. Before the votes were tabulated, they all agreed that it was free and fair. They were all interviewed and they all said the same thing.

Buhari is a wicked despot. And thats the fact.
Re: Here We Go Again: CPC Rejects Presidential Election Result by Eziachi: 10:10pm On Apr 18, 2011
nwabso:

That man is fond of rejecting election results.the thing,whether he accept or not,it ll still make no change cos it had been destined that Goodluck must be there.pls tell him to stop wasting his energy and enjoy fresh air of good governance of Gej

What will be your understanding of the words "DESTINY" or "DESTINED"?
Re: Here We Go Again: CPC Rejects Presidential Election Result by oseo1(m): 10:10pm On Apr 18, 2011
@KOBOJUNKIE

I live in Lagos and i only know of maybe 6 candidates, and i am very very involved in the process. Im currently doing NYSC and I was part of the registration excercise. I dont know of anyone who can name 10 candidates, most cant even name 10 parties. Even in Lagos most of those parties didnt even get one vote in Lagos,

I live in a very very pro ACN area and PDP won here convincingly im talking 80% of the votes. ACN directed their members to either vote PDP or not vote. That happened in Edo and Delta i know that for a fact. So it is very very believable that they would win 99% of the votes in the SS and SE.

The Average person in the SS &SE is a PDP person to start with and then when you factor in that GEJ is Ijaw and his wife is Rivers. While no other main party had a SS or SE person on the ticket. Looking at those factors its very easy to see how he got those high percentages.  I know people who went back to their villages in the east to register and to vote.
Re: Here We Go Again: CPC Rejects Presidential Election Result by Nobody: 10:14pm On Apr 18, 2011
You guys should understand the 411… Goodluck is on the verge to upturn illiteracy in the northern part of the country. Buhari should understand why he lost
1. He did not teach does illiterate how to thumbprint so he gathered more invalid votes than valid ones
2. His campaign in the SS AND SE was not solid enough to have earned him the type of vote he needed
3. He has lived his life and mine; please he should leave that of my children for another person.

He (Buhari) is a good man, he should go and play golf or lawn tennis and tell his great grandchildren good bedtime stories about Nigeria… cry cry lipsrsealed
Re: Here We Go Again: CPC Rejects Presidential Election Result by Kobojunkie: 10:19pm On Apr 18, 2011
ose_o:

@KOBOJUNKIE

I live in Lagos and i only know of maybe 6 candidates, and i am very very involved in the process. Im currently doing NYSC and I was part of the registration excercise. I dont know of anyone who can name 10 candidates, most cant even name 10 parties. Even in Lagos most of those parties didnt even get one vote in Lagos,

I live in a very very pro ACN area and PDP won here convincingly im talking 80% of the votes. ACN directed their members to either vote PDP or not vote. That happened in Edo and Delta i know that for a fact. So it is very very believable that they would win 99% of the votes in the SS and SE.

The Average person in the SS &SE is a PDP person to start with and then when you factor in that GEJ is Ijaw and his wife is Rivers. While no other main party had a SS or SE person on the ticket. Looking at those factors its very easy to see how he got those high percentages.  I know people who went back to their villages in the east to register and to vote.

No it is not!!

About 5 or more of the candidates on the ballot where from the SS/SE region. Even if we pretend for a minute that the top 2 candidates on the ballot last saturday where invisible, it remains that you have 5 candidates from the SE region especially, who didn't even get 500 votes( from their village members, their immediate family, friends etc).

You are not the second person claiming that ACN Representatives actually directed people to vote PDP or not vote at all. I heard this on the TV the other day and wondered if ACN would deny this but so far nothing. But I hear ACN did file a petition as to the validity of the results, along with CPC. So I think all we need to do is relax and let the process handle it from this end.
Re: Here We Go Again: CPC Rejects Presidential Election Result by DeCleff(m): 10:21pm On Apr 18, 2011
Buhari die if u want to die. There nothing u can do cause GEJ won the election
Re: Here We Go Again: CPC Rejects Presidential Election Result by quoxouq(m): 10:24pm On Apr 18, 2011
Buhari is a bad loser and big old baby. Grown *a s s* military man shedding tears in public. He feeds on sentiments now his illiterate followers are acting on it.
About not going to court, pff, that's just whinnying and asking for attention. I think he needs a big hug. Learned Nigeria wont give him!
Re: Here We Go Again: CPC Rejects Presidential Election Result by phreakabit(m): 10:24pm On Apr 18, 2011
ose_o:

@KOBOJUNKIE

PLS my broda tell her! I myself was aware of only 3 presidential candidates! And maybe The vice-presidential candidate of the United National Party Development, Alhaji Galadima Samari. I am still laughing at the fact that he can not speak English, and yet thought it possible to be the vice president of our country!
Re: Here We Go Again: CPC Rejects Presidential Election Result by phreakabit(m): 10:26pm On Apr 18, 2011
Kobojunkie:

No it is not!!

About 5 or more of the candidates on the ballot where from the SS/SE region. Even if we pretend for a minute that the top 2 candidates on the ballot last saturday where invisible, it remains that you have 5 candidates from the SE region especially, who didn't even get 500 votes( from their village members, their immediate family, friends etc).

You are not the second person claiming that ACN Representatives actually directed people to vote PDP or not vote at all. I heard this on the TV the other day and wondered if ACN would deny this but so far nothing. But I hear ACN did file a petition as to the validity of the results, along with CPC. So I think all we need to do is relax and let the process handle it from this end.

So what appointment did Buhari promise you in anticipation of his victory? I can sense the desperation and emotional distress in your actions!
Re: Here We Go Again: CPC Rejects Presidential Election Result by popoyeh(m): 10:29pm On Apr 18, 2011
Though I am not a PDP fan, nonetheless I campaigned for GEJ and the people have spoken. Let Mr. Buhari accept the result and lets move forward.

I wish Naija growth in leaps and bounds, in every sphere of our Nationality and pray that the next four years will be years of Goodluck.
Re: Here We Go Again: CPC Rejects Presidential Election Result by 10cirenoh: 10:34pm On Apr 18, 2011
phreakabit:

Shaking my head at the level of reasoning you exhibit! Are you implying that since less than 40% of Lagosians and Abokis in Kano voted, then its only reasonable for less than 40% to vote in the SS and SE too? You are indeed comical!

Thanks
Re: Here We Go Again: CPC Rejects Presidential Election Result by thehomer: 10:35pm On Apr 18, 2011
Buhari and Bakare seem to be on some drugs. They probably failed to campaign in other places. They don't even seem to have any sort of grassroots coordination. These jokers should learn to build their parties from the ground up rather than just popping up on random stations to talk. They seem to forget that a large number of Nigerians do not have television sets.
My advice to them is that they should start working on their homework. Then they may actually have a reasonable shot at the highest office in maybe 8 to 12 years.
Re: Here We Go Again: CPC Rejects Presidential Election Result by oseo1(m): 10:35pm On Apr 18, 2011
@Kobojunkie

You are right i just googled the candidates and turns out there are 12 southerners all together.

But with that said there are only 3 others who anyone would recognise, Pat utomi, Chris okotie and dele momodu. The only one on that list that had any hope of getting any votes is Pat Utomi and if you ask 100 people on the street they couldnt tell you what his party is. There is even a joke making the rounds about dele momodu it reads

Dele momodu went to his polling unit with his wife and 3 other family members, the result ward 10, unit 24 at wasimi community high school where he cast his vote is
PDP 177, CPC 65, ACN 41 NCP 1. should he
A. file for a divorce
B. Chase out his family members
C. Move to ghana

Note: I am not sure if those were actual reslts
Re: Here We Go Again: CPC Rejects Presidential Election Result by phreakabit(m): 10:36pm On Apr 18, 2011
BUHARI has never meant well for this nation, I remember the presidential debate he featured in, in the election prior to this one. H e clearly stated his plans for the south and the North it was clear to see, that he had absolutely NOTHING! in mind for the south. He even said he planned building more refineries in the north back then. I can still see his face in my head as he said those words, I was really pissed off that night, I fell asleep wishing him ill will! God forgive me. Now look at what he has caused, little kids getting killed in the North! I am ashamed of him!

http://af.reuters.com/article/topNews/idAFJOE73H0GE20110418
Re: Here We Go Again: CPC Rejects Presidential Election Result by phreakabit(m): 10:41pm On Apr 18, 2011
10cirenoh:

Thanks

For starters my broda. There is/was no question! You made a mere comment. Its late try to catch some sleep, okay! GEJ has won, he has won. Sometimes in life you have to take the bitter pill. life is not Mr Biggs, you cant always have it as you want or plan!
Re: Here We Go Again: CPC Rejects Presidential Election Result by Kobojunkie: 10:41pm On Apr 18, 2011
ose_o:

@Kobojunkie

You are right i just googled the candidates and turns out there are 12 southerners all together.

But with that said there are only 3 others who anyone would recognise, Pat utomi, Chris okotie and dele momodu. The only one on that list that had any hope of getting any votes is Pat Utomi and if you ask 100 people on the street they couldnt tell you what his party is. There is even a joke making the rounds about dele momodu it reads
I would say it depends on which street you meet them. People in my state know of the two men from around who contested but who were not popular online. Now, my friend in Lagos who herself did not vote knew of Buhari and Jonathan -- Nobody else.

My other friend from Kaduna knows of the Shekarau, Buhari, Ribadu and Jonathan. He does not even know of the other Northern candidates(he is not a voter). So, it does depend on where you are, and stuff. Even Utomi, who dropped out earlier( but his name was still on the ballot) barely got 500 votes in his own home state. ROFL

ose_o:

Dele momodu went to his polling unit with his wife and 3 other family members, the result ward 10, unit 24 at wasimi community high school where he cast his vote is
PDP 177, CPC 65, ACN 41 NCP 1. should he
A. file for a divorce
B. Chase out his family members
C. Move to ghana

Note: I am not sure if those were actual reslts

To each his own . . . ROFLMAO!!
Re: Here We Go Again: CPC Rejects Presidential Election Result by Nobody: 10:42pm On Apr 18, 2011
ekt_bear:

Champagne is flowing in some parts. Blood is flowing in others. Both products of rigged elections.
Aboki listen to urself talking up 'blood spilling'

Who wanted to spill bloods?? When an election that has been considered free and fair is finalised isin't it ur part to play in stomaching defeat and resigning to fate! Why Is that Ribadu and Shekarau arent going Gaga bout the election?? B'cos they saw it coming - a triumph for Gej!
You and ur fellow Aboki mates should put ur As.s together and stop exhibiting ur low Mentality that is subordinated with a Normadic Stupidity, u guys are spilling bloods now, when the Souths starts it turns to be that Northerners are Molested in Nigeria - Take a chill Pill and Stop talking 'Buharic' here!
Re: Here We Go Again: CPC Rejects Presidential Election Result by ektbear: 10:47pm On Apr 18, 2011
^-- As my username suggests, I'm about as far from an aboki as you can get, lol. I just think it is a bad precedent to accept rigged elections.
Re: Here We Go Again: CPC Rejects Presidential Election Result by flyndolphin(m): 10:59pm On Apr 18, 2011
A LEOPARD WILL NEVER CHANGE ITS SPOTS. WHEN HIS PERSISTENCE WAS BEGINING TO PAY OFF AND NIGERIANS WERE STARTING TO ACCEPT HIM AS A POSSIBLE LEADER, HE THEN F**CKS UP WITH HIS CHILDISH ANTICS OUT TO SHEER DESPERATION.
IMAGINE A SO CALLED FOR MILITARY MAN SOBBING ON NATIONAL TV, WHAT A SHAME
IMAGINE A LEARNED MAN WHO WANT TO RULE A MULTI ETHNIC NIGERIA REPLYING REPORTERS IN HAUSA, HE COULDNT SPEAK ENGLISH ANYMORE?
IMAGINE HIM MAKING AUDACIOUS CLAIMS OF BALLOT BOXES IN PLANES WITHOUT PROOF
, WHO KNOWS WHAT HE IS UP TO NEXT.
HE SHOULD ROT IN JAIL FOR INCITEMENT. NIGERIANS HAVE AHEAD, WE NOW KNOW BETTER, PEOPLE LIKE HIM WILL NEVER RULE OUR COUNTRY AGAIN.
GOD BLESS NIGERIA.
Re: Here We Go Again: CPC Rejects Presidential Election Result by Bumpad: 11:02pm On Apr 18, 2011
u guys should shut up saying nonsense about rigging is not the same hausas that have been ruling us for 12 years without doing anything,doing as if presidency is there father's property

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Hausas And Nupes Occupied Onitsha Before The Igbo / JUSUN Suspends Strike In Federal Courts / As A Condition For Vaccination Shiites Demand Zakzaky’s Release

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.