Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,833 members, 7,810,205 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:44 PM

Why Nigeria Is Better Than The US - US-Based Nigerian Gives Reasons - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Why Nigeria Is Better Than The US - US-Based Nigerian Gives Reasons (47906 Views)

US Based Nigerian Lady Shares How She Spends All Her Finances On Bills (pix/vid) / Opinion:- 10 Reasons Why Nigeria Is Better Than Canada / 6 Reasons Why Nigeria Is A Better Place To Live Than Foreign Country (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Nigeria Is Better Than The US - US-Based Nigerian Gives Reasons by shegzhkn: 12:27pm On Apr 07, 2021
EgunMogaji2:

Thanks for bringing this up.

Buhari made a personal choice to go to the UK for treatment. He has a right to. It’s not because there are no competent doctors or facilities here in Nigeria.

I’m waiting till I go to the USA in a few months before I get my Covid vaccine, it’s not because it’s not available here. Personal choice.

Egun dakun no vex people faa.

Personal Choice ke ?? give it straight to 'em - Health care is inexistent in the country (don't you read US Mission Brief in the country).

I've noticed you don't like criticizing the country with all her ills and myriad of complex problems and it totally unfair to use the same adjective use to qualify the US for Nigeria.
Re: Why Nigeria Is Better Than The US - US-Based Nigerian Gives Reasons by Nobody: 12:27pm On Apr 07, 2021
WeNoGoDie:
Please ask him why then is he still remaining in the US.
HE SHOULD LET US SWAP OUR LOCATION. HE COME BACK WHILE I TAKE HIS PLACE OVER THERE. cheesy grin grin
Re: Why Nigeria Is Better Than The US - US-Based Nigerian Gives Reasons by BigDawsNet: 12:27pm On Apr 07, 2021
DamnnNiggarr:
A US-based Nigerian give reasons why Nigeria is better than the US. Do you agree with him?

A US-based Nigerian give reasons why Nigeria is better than the US.

- Can anyone in the US use $1 for breakfast? No! But in Nigeria, 500 will give you breakfast and lunch.

- Insurance in the US is $280 and that is almost100, 000
monthly. In Nigeria we don’t pay half of that

https://twitter.com/CoolFMNigeria/status/1379699416890810370?s=19

- Majority of people's monthly house rent (self-Contained apartment) in the USA is $1,000 and above... and that is your own 2 year's rent.

-Says he pays 40,000 monthly for phone bills or else they will block his SIM. Whereas MTN can be there for months without recharge.

https://twitter.com/CoolFMNigeria/status/1379700408420012034?s=19

- When last did you work on Saturday and Sunday? This I do compulsorily and on regular basis.

Don't get me wrong, the US is better than Nigeria,
depending on which angle you are viewing it.
But many people in Nigeria live a more fulfilled life than
those in America

https://twitter.com/CoolFMNigeria/status/1379700771135098881?s=19

If you are black they will kneel on you, and you need many jobs to truly live well.

Is there anything you don’t agree with in what he
said?
Drop your comments below

https://twitter.com/CoolFMNigeria/status/1379701188430548993?s=19

She's right...

But my fellow Nigerians pls come and experience it yourself...

Den you can accept if this info is valid

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Nigeria Is Better Than The US - US-Based Nigerian Gives Reasons by Eriokanmi: 12:31pm On Apr 07, 2021
America is only good for schooling and exploring opportunities. I'm a living testimony. All I've achieved to the glory of God, I couldn't have boasted of, had I stayed put in the USA. The plot of land where I built my smart home in lagos is in millions yet, I have a friend who had been living in the USA legit for 15 years after I had left, but can't afford that kind of land talkless of building on it. He's even faced with lots of family responsibilities now, to make the matter worse. Shooling is free yet there some bills you can't skip on your children while schooling

The OP didn't even mention the cost of gas ( which we call petrol). It's crazy.

If you're unemployed and you live in Nigeria, you would definitely prefer to relocate to America. But if you have a unique vision and idea, Nigeria is the best place to actualize it. Forget the government, they can never satisfy people's needs, even if they can afford to feed Nigerians 3 times everyday.

Nigeria beta pass.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Nigeria Is Better Than The US - US-Based Nigerian Gives Reasons by Zinpat: 12:36pm On Apr 07, 2021
In Nigeria, we work like elephants n earn like ants. Bt over there, u earn well.

3 Likes

Re: Why Nigeria Is Better Than The US - US-Based Nigerian Gives Reasons by EgunMogaji2: 12:44pm On Apr 07, 2021
shegzhkn:

Egun dakun no vex people faa.

Personal Choice ke ?? give it straight to 'em - Health care is inexistent in the country (don't you read US Mission Brief in the country).

I've noticed you don't like criticizing the country with all her ills and myriad of complex problems and it totally unfair to use the same adjective use to qualify the US for Nigeria.

No need to berate me or argue with me based on my opinion. We all have our own. Good healthcare is available in the country. It is not available to all just as it's not available to all in the US. I lived in the USA for 33 years and worked for two healthcare organizations for 20 of those years. I have personal experience, not some mission statement.

Grass is always greener.

1 Like

Re: Why Nigeria Is Better Than The US - US-Based Nigerian Gives Reasons by olatuns2017: 12:46pm On Apr 07, 2021
Eriokanmi:
America is only good for schooling and exploring opportunities. I'm a living testimony. All I've achieved to the glory of God, I couldn't have boasted of, had I stayed put in the USA. The plot of land where I built my smart home in lagos is in millions yet, I have a friend who had been living in the USA legit for 15 years after I had left, but can't afford that kind of land talkless of building on it. He's even faced with lots of family responsibilities now, to make the matter worse. Shooling is free yet there some bills you can't skip on your children while schooling

If you're unemployed and you live in Nigeria, you would definitely prefer to relocate to America. But if you have a unique vision and idea, Nigeria is the best place to actualize it. Forget the government, they can never satisfy people's needs, even if they can afford to feed Nigerians 3 times everyday.

Nigeria beta pass.

It's only people who have hustle in these countries can give valid opinion on this matter

moreso,

if you are unemployed in Nigeria or doing Yahoo (lazy youths) your opinion on this will always be invalid!
Re: Why Nigeria Is Better Than The US - US-Based Nigerian Gives Reasons by dochenaj: 12:46pm On Apr 07, 2021
I don't like calling people idiots. But this is the most idiotic thing someone will ever write.

Can someone tell him that minimum wage in the US is $7.50/hour (and they are clamouring to increase it) but it is 15 cents/hour in Nigeria and there is no hope of increment?
Re: Why Nigeria Is Better Than The US - US-Based Nigerian Gives Reasons by mariahAngel(f): 12:48pm On Apr 07, 2021
They want to make US money and spend it in a Nigerian way... cheesy
Re: Why Nigeria Is Better Than The US - US-Based Nigerian Gives Reasons by Nobody: 12:49pm On Apr 07, 2021
EKONGKING:
America should conduct a IQ test when granting a visa to immigrants .Thats one way to stop stupid morons from bringing down the IQ levels of America.
If america deports this slowpoke ,he will start speaking in tongues and becomes overnight gay to stop deportation .

Re: Why Nigeria Is Better Than The US - US-Based Nigerian Gives Reasons by Realguyman1(m): 12:49pm On Apr 07, 2021
koning:

Even before i opened the thraed, i knew this would be the reply of POVERTY Stricken Nigerians on this forum. There are many of them.

The answer is this. He has gone, he has gone. He will return back to Nigeria as soon as he raises enough capital to be self employed.

All he posted are pure facts. Besides for one to compare The US with Nigeria, you must have spent reasonable time(Years) in both places.

But broke azz niggaz who have never had the opportunity to compare will always diss Nigeria. I really hope you'all will be given Visa so that you can get the hell out of Naija.
Trash na u just yarn bros. Why he nor come Nigeria even if he never gather enough money to become self-employed? Abi the money nor dey let gather for naija? I don't know why most of u whose parents were luckily to have little money and connection, and were able to give u guys good education and employment, feels that's how it is for everyone in this country. And u guys are always quick to say rubbish.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Nigeria Is Better Than The US - US-Based Nigerian Gives Reasons by Amalekki: 12:51pm On Apr 07, 2021
Our mates na Senegal, Ghana and co. Stop comparing Nigeria with USA, of all places. We still have places like UAE, Saudi, most of Europe, Singapore, Malaysia, South Africa, Egypt etc na America the oga patapata of capitalist economy you dey compare Nigeria with? Some of us are obviously ignorant of our true level among nations. We have a very long way to go and yet, we are still sleeping and battling herdsmen issues and agbero issues in 2021. America keeps building for the future every day, even at their level.

This is not about personal properties of a few okay people, it is about the system. Never compare Nigeria with America, we are nowhere close. Go to Cotonou next door first, then Ghana and make an unbiased appraisal of where we are - and don't deceive yourself by comparing the best of a typical Nigerian city with the worst of a typical city in other countries or the well to do in Nigeria with the struggling people in other countries, compare apples with apples grin .

1 Like

Re: Why Nigeria Is Better Than The US - US-Based Nigerian Gives Reasons by mayDtolu(m): 12:53pm On Apr 07, 2021
EgunMogaji2:

Thanks for bringing this up.

Buhari made a personal choice to go to the UK for treatment. He has a right to. It’s not because there are no competent doctors or facilities here in Nigeria.

I’m waiting till I go to the USA in a few months before I get my Covid vaccine, it’s not because it’s not available here. Personal choice.

Hello sir. Try to be honest with yourself. Buhari left because he doesn’t trust our healthcare service here. Those politicians know what they did to Nigeria OR have you ever seen president of other countries come to Nigeria for health care?

4 Likes

Re: Why Nigeria Is Better Than The US - US-Based Nigerian Gives Reasons by obyrich(m): 12:57pm On Apr 07, 2021
MickzyDonald:
Oga, you are still re-capping this thing, high standard of living in us is high and likewise the pay is high also, compared to nigeria, the values of the money determine the price of goods that will be consumed, for instance, let a US worker swap his/her salary with a Nigerian worker and at the end of the month lets see who will lament the most,so stop comparing US lifestyle to NAIRA, US is far better than this country at most cost
Do you know some Nigerians working in Nigeria are paid in dollars at the same rate or more than some people in the USA? If it were only about money, some people will not move an inch out of Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Why Nigeria Is Better Than The US - US-Based Nigerian Gives Reasons by isaythetruth(m): 12:57pm On Apr 07, 2021
uvie66:
but the problem in the US is that pu$$√ Is difficult to get
bro, you no get problem at all.

1 Like

Re: Why Nigeria Is Better Than The US - US-Based Nigerian Gives Reasons by Jeromejnr(m): 1:04pm On Apr 07, 2021
livebyday:

She is not I am one and you are a disgusting liar

You are both illegal immigrants frustrated out of not getting papers grin

Go to your Nigeria and cry

Kpele...God will make a way for you.
Re: Why Nigeria Is Better Than The US - US-Based Nigerian Gives Reasons by livebyday(m): 1:06pm On Apr 07, 2021
Jeromejnr:

Kpele...God will make a way for you.

Go and cry in ajegunle where you live
Re: Why Nigeria Is Better Than The US - US-Based Nigerian Gives Reasons by shegzhkn: 1:07pm On Apr 07, 2021
EgunMogaji2:

No need to berate me or argue with me based on my opinion. We all have our own. Good healthcare is available in the country. It is not available to all just as it's not available to all in the US. I lived in the USA for 33 years and worked for two healthcare organizations for 20 of those years. I have personal experience, not some mission statement.

Grass is always greener.

Lol @ the bolded.

No wonder their leaders were all dropping dead last year when their wasn't an option of going to distant shores, from the President chief of staff to Parliamentarian and former governor.

You of course know this, the fact that you now live there now and you think your time now is better than the 33 years in the US does not mean you should deny the problem. we can argue about the approach to solve the problems but to simply deny it ..... Nope

Like you said you've got ur own opinion and so is everyone.

1 Like

Re: Why Nigeria Is Better Than The US - US-Based Nigerian Gives Reasons by Holluwhakemmy(f): 1:07pm On Apr 07, 2021
I beg come let me replace you. Thanks. I preferred America to Nigeria.
Re: Why Nigeria Is Better Than The US - US-Based Nigerian Gives Reasons by Emmasnoop(m): 1:08pm On Apr 07, 2021
opalu:
Nigeria is better than USA by far. See my own reason:-
This mansion attached, I can build it for $300,000 in Nigeria with private Swimming pool. But in USA, you need at least $1.8 Million to give you something like this. I mean just the construction alone.
mumu where U won get the money here or u dey do Yahoo Yahoo or steal money from the Government. Make that Guy Nigeria make i take he space for USA No many talk.
Re: Why Nigeria Is Better Than The US - US-Based Nigerian Gives Reasons by bizhop01: 1:08pm On Apr 07, 2021
Nonsense from someone that will die in US, why not compare income per hour
Re: Why Nigeria Is Better Than The US - US-Based Nigerian Gives Reasons by Jeromejnr(m): 1:10pm On Apr 07, 2021
livebyday:

Go and cry in ajegunle where you live

Oh so that's where you are grin grin grin..you come dey form U.S citizen. Is that what you tell yourself everyday? cheesy

Instead of you to ask how you can get VISA.
Re: Why Nigeria Is Better Than The US - US-Based Nigerian Gives Reasons by networkgenuis: 1:13pm On Apr 07, 2021
opalu:
This mansion attached, I can build it for $300,000 in Nigeria with private Swimming pool. But in USA, you need at least $1.8 Million to give you something like this. I mean just the construction alone.

Oga $300,000 Na like 140m for Naira o!
Re: Why Nigeria Is Better Than The US - US-Based Nigerian Gives Reasons by livebyday(m): 1:15pm On Apr 07, 2021
Jeromejnr:

Oh so that's where you are grin grin grin..you come dey form U.S citizen. Is that what you tell yourself everyday? cheesy

Instead of you to ask how you can get VISA.
Again I said go and cry in Ajegunle slum or Lagos slum that you reside.

Your hate and envy will only keep dragging that slum called lagos down while the US of A continues to be your prayer point you won't achieve
Re: Why Nigeria Is Better Than The US - US-Based Nigerian Gives Reasons by EgunMogaji2: 1:16pm On Apr 07, 2021
shegzhkn:

Lol @ the bolded.

No wonder their leaders were all dropping dead last year when their wasn't an option of going to distant shores, from the President chief of staff to Parliamentarian and former governor.

You of course know this, the fact that you now live there now and you think your time now is better than the 33 years in the US does not mean you should deny the problem. we can argue about the approach to solve the problems but to simply deny it ..... Nope

Like you said you've got ur own opinion and so is everyone.

Exactly so why berate and attack me for mine instead of just stating yours?

To the doctors and administrators practicing good medicine in Nigeria despite the ungratefulness keep on doing you and some of us appreciate you.
Re: Why Nigeria Is Better Than The US - US-Based Nigerian Gives Reasons by Eriokanmi: 1:21pm On Apr 07, 2021
olatuns2017:

It's only people who have hustle in these countries can give valid opinion on this matter

moreso,

if you are unemployed in Nigeria or doing Yahoo (lazy youths) your opinion on this will always be invalid!

Exactly. Hustlers would always differ.
Re: Why Nigeria Is Better Than The US - US-Based Nigerian Gives Reasons by Jeromejnr(m): 1:24pm On Apr 07, 2021
livebyday:

Again I said go and cry in Ajegunle slum or Lagos slum that you reside.

Your hate and envy will only keep dragging that slum called lagos down while the US of A continues to be your prayer point you won't achieve

Hahahahahaha....Mr Xiaomi.
Re: Why Nigeria Is Better Than The US - US-Based Nigerian Gives Reasons by blasterman(m): 1:25pm On Apr 07, 2021
opalu:

Also the food in america is full of chemicals and makes you sick long term.

Makes u sick that u will need drugs or can kill u if its a symptomless sickness like diabetes or high blood pressure

Unless you raise ur own chicken and cow normally

Every thing has been over spiked even common orange juice

1 Like

Re: Why Nigeria Is Better Than The US - US-Based Nigerian Gives Reasons by LORDKing001: 1:26pm On Apr 07, 2021
Eriokanmi:

Nigeria beta pass.
please I need your help. please help me out. I'm an undergraduate in my final year FUTMINNA. please I need your financial assistance. please sir.
Re: Why Nigeria Is Better Than The US - US-Based Nigerian Gives Reasons by koxi: 1:27pm On Apr 07, 2021
WeNoGoDie:
You have said it all...word!!
Respect

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Nigeria Is Better Than The US - US-Based Nigerian Gives Reasons by Depressed101: 1:40pm On Apr 07, 2021
WeNoGoDie:
mumu question, from an angle he is right, the major reason why any one would choose to leave Nigeria is the quality of life and that comes at a cost, which is higher cost of living, and an extra struggle to succeed.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Teenage Boy Packaged Into A Suitcase, To Be Smuggled Into Spain (Photos) / 20 English Words To Avoid When In Other Countries / The LAGOS STATE They Don't Let You See (video + Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.