Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,018 members, 7,818,014 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:27 AM

Buhari Rejects Results In 22 States And Fct - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Rejects Results In 22 States And Fct (15658 Views)

Wike Swears In 22 LGA Caretaker Chairmen In Rivers State / INEC Releases Statistics Of PVC Collected In All 36 States And FCT / List Of Senatorial Candidates For The 36 States And FCT And Their QUALIFICATION (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Rejects Results In 22 States And Fct by TeeJay6(m): 2:11pm On Apr 19, 2011
Kobojunkie:

Well, sure!!But If everyone is rigging . . . does that then mean no one should speak out against rigging?? undecided undecided undecided
By all means the few ones who didnt cheat should speak up against it, not the ones who "played the rigging game" and then got outsmarted,
Re: Buhari Rejects Results In 22 States And Fct by passyjango(m): 2:16pm On Apr 19, 2011
Omooba77:

Madam, either you choose to be mischevious or sighing away from the truth AIT has it on record that REC of Bauchi was almost lynched when he ordered the arrest of under age . The news is every where CNN, BBC and Aljazera. Please don't from abraod fuel the ember of distingration. Home is home oh. God bless Nigeria! As for people changing to Goodluck suddenly, that is human nature; same crowd that cried Hossanna, said crucify him!

Who Registered the under aged voters and why? You cannot blame Buhari for that. He is not in charge of INEC nor is he the chief security of officer of Nigeria. So blame INEC, Jega, PDP, and GEJ for the lapses in the electoral process. They were the direct managers of the process.

The so called Almajiris are violent due to ignorance. Who is to blame for their continued ignorance and sense of low self-worth? PDP has been in control of most northern states for 12 years and till today they have not been able to find a lasting solution to the Almajiri problem. Is Buhari to blame for PDP's failure in solving the Almajiri problem?

It is also wrong to judge the Almajiris with our own standard as they are largely ignorant and do not reason the way we do. Most of them do not have homes and hence do not know how much it costs to build a house so burning houses would not be a problem. They also have no value for their own lives so taking another is not a big deal for them. We can insult, condemn, and denounce them like we always do, but until we face the Almajiri problem head long it will remain there.

The Almajiris are not the enemy. Our enemies are the people that created them and those who for their selfish reason have refused to tackle the social, economic, religious, and cultural problems that created them and continue to add more to their number. So causing the Almjiris is not going to help anyone.
Re: Buhari Rejects Results In 22 States And Fct by Kenyy: 2:17pm On Apr 19, 2011
lastpage:

NO REGION HAS A MONOPOLY OVER VIOLENCE!
TWO CAN PLAY THE GAME!

Internet Warrior, bravo!
Re: Buhari Rejects Results In 22 States And Fct by Kobojunkie: 2:19pm On Apr 19, 2011
Tee_Jay:

By all means the few ones who didnt cheat should speak up against it, not the ones who "played the rigging game" and then got outsmarted,

And what law dictates this? the one you came up with all by yourself? You are new to the idea of democracy, huh grin grin grin grin
Re: Buhari Rejects Results In 22 States And Fct by SU2011: 2:22pm On Apr 19, 2011
I have observed keenly the happenings of the last 48hrs. I must confess that the Northern muslims have done an almost disastrous damage to themsleves. Even if JEGA wakes up tomorrow and says there should be a run-off, Buhari will NOT win. Let me give you my reasons. First the SS & SE will come out en mass to vote against Buahri. What we saw in the last election was about 70% turnout and 98% Jonathan votes. What we will see now is almost 100% turnout, 100% Jonathan votes. Second, the yorubas in SW will have a more impressive turnout this time around. They are about 50% muslim and 50% Christians. Jonathan will get almost 100% of the christaian votes. Many of the muslims will probably not vote due to disenchantment will the whole northern uprising and a good number that vote will vote for Jonathan.
Third, the North Central that is predominantly christian will come out en mass to vote Jonathan. Buhari will be left with only NW & NE. Even in those places, the christians and Igbos present will still vote Jonathan. My advise to Buhari is just to concede the election in good faith. Acknowledge there were irregularities but that they are not enough to change the result drastically.
Conducting another round of elections is just wasting the country's resources as Jonathan WILL still win. The northern muslims will do themselves some good and end this uprising because they are just succeeding in making the rest of the country wary of voting for a northern muslim. Sir Ahmadu Bello and Tafawa Balewa understood that no single tribe or religion can go it alone. You must be able to build consensus and play down religion. A word is enough for the wise.
Re: Buhari Rejects Results In 22 States And Fct by TeeJay6(m): 2:24pm On Apr 19, 2011
whatever! What moral right has anyone to complain that another party rigged an election when their own party is guilty of the same offence?
Re: Buhari Rejects Results In 22 States And Fct by Kobojunkie: 2:25pm On Apr 19, 2011
Tee_Jay:

whatever! What moral right has anyone to complain that another party rigged an election when their own party is guilty of the same offence?

Again, are you making these things up as you go or what? Who says Democracy, and the courts, are only for the morally upright? ROFLMAO!! grin cheesy grin cheesy grin grin cheesy grin cheesy
Re: Buhari Rejects Results In 22 States And Fct by IbroYaya: 2:25pm On Apr 19, 2011
Buhari should start by Rejecting Kano results first.

All these buhaha will take him no where.

Its time for him to act mature and accept defeat.

I doubt his motives for Nigeria.

No election in world is 100% Rig-free, so Mr clean should not deceive us that he is trying to be transparent. I believe he has a hidden agenda
Re: Buhari Rejects Results In 22 States And Fct by uglybetty: 2:30pm On Apr 19, 2011
Thank God your eyes are now open. When I was telling you people that this so called despirado called Buhari is a big time fanatic  his supporters wanted to eat me up. where them dey? yeye loosers. he thinks he can take the presidency by force by killing innocent christians. God will jurge him.
Re: Buhari Rejects Results In 22 States And Fct by Revsola: 2:32pm On Apr 19, 2011
@ POSTER
The biggest mistake PDP made was to manipulate results in some nothern states all in the name of looking for 25%.
I live in Kaduna and there's no way; I repeat no way PDP got one million votes here. People hate Vice president Namadi with a passion, that was the reason PDP couldn't win in front of his family house at Zaria. The guy is useless and I just pray GEJ is not going to give him the same leverage given Atiku by OBJ.
I still pity any unemployed Nigerian youth that thumb printed PDP, I think some people are born to suffer and right now there's nothing like pity for a fellow Nigerian.

I sincerely agree with u.Buhari may not have gotten the highest number of votes:but that 10million votes gap is too ridiculous.PDPPPPP una toooooooo baaaaaad.This is a simple case of RIDICULOUS RIGGING.

To be candid,some level of rigging is "allowed" in Nigeria:
1.Giving out money around the polling booth to intending voters, PDP
2.Mobilising everyone(including the underaged) in your household to register and therefore vote, ACN,CPC
3.Intentionally initiating violence in your opponents strong areas so as to scare everyone away, ACN

Let me share with u some(not all) PDP ridiculous rigging methods
1.Stealing ballot boxes from polling units and exchanging them for already stuffed ballot boxes.
2.Smuggling already stuffed ballot boxes into collation centers,pretending to be INEC official (exercising Power)while the authentic INEC official are silenced by money or by force
3.Changing final figures at collation centers since most collation officers are PDP appointees(with no regard [/b]to whatever figures the party agents are parading)
4.Signing disputed final figures on behalf of the various party agents since u cant prove any where that its not your signature, even if u want to prove that, it will take 3yrs in the law court

[b]TO HAVE A FREE AND FAIR ELECTION IN NIGERIA,WE MUST EMBRACE E-VOTING, AND ALLOW (LIMITED) UNBIASED UN EXPERTS/AGENCIES PARTICIPATION
Re: Buhari Rejects Results In 22 States And Fct by passyjango(m): 2:33pm On Apr 19, 2011
uglybetty:

Thank God your eyes are now open. When I was telling you people that this so called despirado called Buhari is a big time fanatic  his supporters wanted to eat me up. where them dey? yeye loosers. he thinks he can take the presidency by force by killing innocent christians. God will jurge him.

And if he is innocent, God will judge you for bearing false witness against your neighbor.
Re: Buhari Rejects Results In 22 States And Fct by Dreamchaser1(f): 2:36pm On Apr 19, 2011
Lol, I dey laff this Buha whatever is a bad loser! After manipulating the registration process by coming out with surplus voters in the north, he is now complaining that the children, the donkeys, the cows and invincible voters that make up must of the votes they were expecting in the north did not show.

I always wondered how a state like Gombe would have 2million plus voters, now I know they never existed in the first place.

I live in PHC and all the ppl that did not come for accreditation where refused to vote. They turned geniune voters back. In my PU everybody voted PDP, no single vote escaped. Plus even some PUs where ppl voted some other party, I overheard some ppl asking if they were ok for not voting GEJ, nobody believed any1 won't vote for GEJ down here.
Re: Buhari Rejects Results In 22 States And Fct by ziccoit: 2:37pm On Apr 19, 2011
LISTEN TO GEN. BUHARI ON BBC,
"In the last 24 hours there has been a spate of violence in the country, this has included the burning of churches and it is a sad, unfortunate and totally unwarranted development. This is a criminal act, I seize this opportunity to dissociate myself and CPC from any such act. I must emphasise that what is happening is not ethnic, religious or regional."
Re: Buhari Rejects Results In 22 States And Fct by Nobody: 2:49pm On Apr 19, 2011
ziccoit:

LISTEN TO GEN. BUHARI ON BBC,
"In the last 24 hours there has been a spate of violence in the country, this has included the burning of churches and it is a sad, unfortunate and totally unwarranted development. This is a criminal act, I seize this opportunity to dissociate myself and CPC from any such act. I must emphasise that what is happening is not ethnic, religious or regional."
please let him address this to his people too!!
Re: Buhari Rejects Results In 22 States And Fct by Kobojunkie: 2:52pm On Apr 19, 2011
Is there a link??
Re: Buhari Rejects Results In 22 States And Fct by Limaoscar: 2:52pm On Apr 19, 2011
Buhari and His gang of Illitrate fans should Zip it or else He'd face the full weight of the lwa if He continues to stir violence. He lost in what international Observers have dubbed the freest and fairest election in the anals of our History as a democray and yet the man still get mind to dey  yarn dust. I beg make Him waka go i'm farm milk some cows for His family Jare grin
Re: Buhari Rejects Results In 22 States And Fct by Winnerslfc(m): 2:54pm On Apr 19, 2011
To hell with cpc.
excel application manipulated?
i think desperacy is now making Buhari to go mad.
How would he have expected that the south south and south east were going to leave their own son to vote for him seeing that no one from the south south have ever rulled/led this country.
As for the south east, we reached a consensus that every person from that soil should give his/her mandate to GEJ (Note, i'm not saying to PDP but to Goodluck Jonathan).

Also, what happened at the PDP primaries is a reflection that even the northerners are divided.
Atiku was was named the consensus candidate for the north and by implication, this means that they were to vote for him.
So, how did Atiku score 800 plus and how did he lose even in Adamawa (his state)
Buhari should be happy that he was not disgraced on his own soil.
who told us that IBB (the grand guru in politics) was not wise when he opted out of the race?

I don't care how some may feel about this but the truth is
[b]Goodluck Ebele Azikiwe Jonathan is not only the choice candidate of most Nigerians, he is God's candidate and that is final.
[b]Look at the way he came to power and explain the mistery.
Re: Buhari Rejects Results In 22 States And Fct by Banned4GEJ: 2:56pm On Apr 19, 2011
When people say that the elections was rigged in the South South and South East because of the unusually high turnout, they are either still in the dreamland where they saw buhari winning the elections or they just as ignorant as the almajiris. Have a look at the following turnout figures and tell me if CPC is not just being bad losers.

Bauchi -             63.8 percent (won by CPC.No complain by PDP)
Kaduna -           65.8 percent (Won by CPC, complain by PDP)
Anambra           57.5 percent
Ebonyi -            47.9 percent
Enugu -             62.5 percent
Cross River       63.2 percent
Edo -                37.5 Percent
Gombe             58.4 percent (won by CPC.No complain by PDP)
Re: Buhari Rejects Results In 22 States And Fct by Banned4GEJ: 2:58pm On Apr 19, 2011
BTW. This is Muami. For some very strange reasons, I lost my posting priviledges just after GEJ was announced winner. I have sent email to the moderators but ni response. Hey Jarus and Aisha2. I thought we were doing politics without bitterness?
Re: Buhari Rejects Results In 22 States And Fct by allnewsng(m): 2:59pm On Apr 19, 2011
Nice and peaceful elections so far. Nigeria is the greatest country,
Re: Buhari Rejects Results In 22 States And Fct by Limaoscar: 3:04pm On Apr 19, 2011
I
have observed keenly the happenings of the last 48hrs. I must confess that the Northern muslims have done an almost disastrous damage to themsleves. Even if JEGA wakes up tomorrow and says there should be a run-off, Buhari will NOT win. Let me give you my reasons. First the SS & SE will come out en mass to vote against Buahri. What we saw in the last election was about 70% turnout and 98% Jonathan votes. What we will see now is almost 100% turnout, 100% Jonathan votes. Second, the yorubas in SW will have a more impressive turnout this time around. They are about 50% muslim and 50% Christians. Jonathan will get almost 100% of the christaian votes. Many of the muslims will probably not vote due to disenchantment will the whole northern uprising and a good number that vote will vote for Jonathan.
Third, the North Central that is predominantly christian will come out en mass to vote Jonathan. Buhari will be left with only NW & NE. Even in those places, the christians and Igbos present will still vote Jonathan. My advise to Buhari is just to concede the election in good faith. [b]Acknowledge there were irregularities but that they are not enough to change the result drastically.[/b]Conducting another round of elections is just wasting the country's resources as Jonathan WILL still win. The northern muslims will do themselves some good and end this uprising because they are just succeeding in making the rest of the country wary of voting for a northern muslim. Sir Ahmadu Bello and Tafawa Balewa understood that no single tribe or religion can go it alone. You must be able to build consensus and play down religion. A word is enough for the wise.

Guy, good piece and good thinking too but first of all there isn't a known statistics that the yoruba Muslims and Christians are split 50% each, subject of discussion for another day I suppose.

The result that the Buhari fellow is contesting was a result I heard people stood in the sun till evening to be collated and counted openly at every polling booth before handing over to returning officers who in-turn openly delared results before the INEC CHAIRMAN and His committee. The irregularities you acknowledge(and I share the same sentiments with you) were even more in the states the crying Baby won, I saw pictures and clips of kids voting up North. Remember this type of non-compliance is not new up North , same with national Census excercise where they even claim that Kano state is more populated that Lagos State, haba Malam!!
Re: Buhari Rejects Results In 22 States And Fct by ziccoit: 3:06pm On Apr 19, 2011
It it unfortunate the attack on the innocent people and burning of churches. Do we have a government in this country at all? What are the governors and president who are the chief security officers  of their respective domain doing about this?

Anyway, feel the pulse of these people. These are from Buhari4change facebook page

Muhammed Bello Mohammed
: Its unfortunate that despite the high tension, the govt allowed d violence to escalate. I hope n pray things permanently gt better.

Sulaimon Hakeem Bolarinwa: When you beat a child,it must cry, when PDP rigged this election they ought to know there will be consequences, a proactive government would have nip the violence in the bud before it escalate

Yusuf Jalo: This is the insecurity we have been talking about,government should have a total control in anticipation of such act,is the begginin of failure. Please Gen,intervent to put a stop of this unlawful act for the sake of the masses & unity of Nigeria.

Muhammadu Sani: VOTE OUT ALL THE PDP GOVERNORS COME APRIL 26 2011,THE CHANGE WILL START ON THEM,JIGAWA,KANO,SOKOTO,KEBBI,KATSINA,BORNO.YOBE.ADAMAWA.KADUNA,NASSARAWA,BAUCHI,GOMBE,KADUNA AND ALL OTHER NORTHERN GOV.VOTE THEM OUT.BABA BUHARI ALLAH YA BIYAKA.

Deen Mahmud :Buhari4life. I have resignd as INEC official and never will i associate maself wid PDP even if its a bblood relation. Me & ma crew have destroyd our voters card.
2 hours ago · Like · 2 people

Abubakar Ahmed Summarily , illiteracy and poverty are results of bad leadership of past , pdp has been responsible for this for past 12yrs ,therefore the "modernised violence" nowadays is nobody's fault but pdp's. With kind of pple appearin in villa 4 congrats , sincere nigerians still await bad governance.
Re: Buhari Rejects Results In 22 States And Fct by ziccoit: 3:15pm On Apr 19, 2011
Re: Buhari Rejects Results In 22 States And Fct by Nobody: 3:18pm On Apr 19, 2011
ziccoit:

It it unfortunate the attack on the innocent people and burning of churches. Do we have a government in this country at all? What are the governors and president who are the chief security officers  of their respective domain doing about this?

Anyway, feel the pulse of these people. These are from Buhari4change facebook page

Muhammed Bello Mohammed
: Its unfortunate that despite the high tension, the govt allowed d violence to escalate. I hope n pray things permanently gt better.

Sulaimon Hakeem Bolarinwa: When you beat a child,it must cry, when PDP rigged this election they ought to know there will be consequences, a proactive government would have nip the violence in the bud before it escalate

Yusuf Jalo: This is the insecurity we have been talking about,government should have a total control in anticipation of such act,is the begginin of failure. Please Gen,intervent to put a stop of this unlawful act for the sake of the masses & unity of Nigeria.

Muhammadu Sani: VOTE OUT ALL THE PDP GOVERNORS COME APRIL 26 2011,THE CHANGE WILL START ON THEM,JIGAWA,KANO,SOKOTO,KEBBI,KATSINA,BORNO.YOBE.ADAMAWA.KADUNA,NASSARAWA,BAUCHI,GOMBE,KADUNA AND ALL OTHER NORTHERN GOV.VOTE THEM OUT.BABA BUHARI ALLAH YA BIYAKA.

Deen Mahmud :Buhari4life. I have resignd as INEC official and never will i associate maself wid PDP even if its a bblood relation. Me & ma crew have destroyd our voters card.
2 hours ago · Like · 2 people

Abubakar Ahmed Summarily , illiteracy and poverty are results of bad leadership of past , pdp has been responsible for this for past 12yrs ,therefore the "modernised violence" nowadays is nobody's fault but pdp's. With kind of pple appearin in villa 4 congrats , sincere nigerians still await bad governance.

same almajaris in his facebk page !!!
why not they write a letter to the un,au,ecowas that they dnt wnt pdp(goodluck) to rule them and insist on a referendum to split the country so that buhari their messiah can rule them!! embarassed embarassed
Re: Buhari Rejects Results In 22 States And Fct by Abagworo(m): 3:20pm On Apr 19, 2011
The crisis in the North is almost blinding us from the potential crisis brewing in South-East and South-South.

Ohakim might be rigged in

Theodore Orji might be rigged in

Akpabio might be rigged in

Uduaghan might be rigged in.

It is already glaring that the majority of the people of the 4 states will not vote PDP.I therefore expect crisis especially in Akwaibom.
Re: Buhari Rejects Results In 22 States And Fct by Kilode1: 3:22pm On Apr 19, 2011
Revsola:

@ POSTER
The biggest mistake PDP made was to manipulate results in some nothern states all in the name of looking for 25%.
I live in Kaduna and there's no way; I repeat no way PDP got one million votes here. People hate Vice president Namadi with a passion, that was the reason PDP couldn't win in front of his family house at Zaria. The guy is useless and I just pray GEJ is not going to give him the same leverage given Atiku by OBJ.
I still pity any unemployed Nigerian youth that thumb printed PDP, I think some people are born to suffer and right now there's nothing like pity for a fellow Nigerian.

I sincerely agree with u.Buhari may not have gotten the highest number of votes:but that 10million votes gap is too ridiculous.PDPPPPP una toooooooo baaaaaad.This is a simple case of RIDICULOUS RIGGING.

To be candid,some level of rigging is "allowed" in Nigeria:
1.Giving out money around the polling booth to intending voters, PDP
2.Mobilising everyone(including the underaged) in your household to register and therefore vote, ACN,CPC
3.Intentionally initiating violence in your opponents strong areas so as to scare everyone away, ACN

Let me share with u some(not all) PDP ridiculous rigging methods
1.Stealing ballot boxes from polling units and exchanging them for already stuffed ballot boxes.
2.Smuggling already stuffed ballot boxes into collation centers,pretending to be INEC official (exercising Power)while the authentic INEC official are silenced by money or by force
3.Changing final figures at collation centers since most collation officers are PDP appointees(with no regard [/b]to whatever figures the party agents are parading)
4.Signing disputed final figures on behalf of the various party agents since u cant prove any where that its not your signature, even if u want to prove that, it will take 3yrs in the law court

[b]TO HAVE A FREE AND FAIR ELECTION IN NIGERIA,WE MUST EMBRACE E-VOTING, AND ALLOW (LIMITED) UNBIASED UN EXPERTS/AGENCIES PARTICIPATION

Quoted for emphasis.
Re: Buhari Rejects Results In 22 States And Fct by Nobody: 3:26pm On Apr 19, 2011
Kilode?!:

Quoted for emphasis.
are you guys trying to quote that once BUHARI wins then it will be a free and fair election?
Re: Buhari Rejects Results In 22 States And Fct by emmatok(m): 3:28pm On Apr 19, 2011
Tee_Jay:

My friend every one has the right to complain if election is rigged.

The ACN lost 2007 election in OSUN and EKITI STATE  but the tribunal upturned it.

If BUHARI has a genuine case of RIGGING (e.g The Bayelsa election result.), he should take it to the ELECTION TRIBUNAL.

As for violence, it is not about BUHARI OR GEJ. IT IS ABOUT THE NORTH AND SOUTH.

Most Northerners felt they have been cheated by the Southerners(thanks to OBJ) in this new democratic dispensation.

This is the main reason why the Turai Yar'Adua and  Northern politicians never wanted GEJ to succeed President Umaru Musa Yar'Adua(RIP).
Re: Buhari Rejects Results In 22 States And Fct by soloqy: 4:20pm On Apr 19, 2011
What did CPC win in the NASS polls? How many senatorial seats? How many House of Reps seats? ACN did better than them.

Delusions of grandeur for the wicked despot called Buhari to even imagine that he could win GEJ in a free and fair election.
Re: Buhari Rejects Results In 22 States And Fct by Salym(m): 4:26pm On Apr 19, 2011
Thats the most logical thing for him to do. PDP rigged the elections in the South and they used the rotting politicians of the North to clinch the 25% they needed to win.
Re: Buhari Rejects Results In 22 States And Fct by Salym(m): 4:33pm On Apr 19, 2011
solomonwal:

He is a bad loser. What gave him the assurance that he is going to win. He should accept the result in good faith. If he is interested in serving the nation as he made us to believe, he should put himself at the disposal of the elected president for the service of the nation. I think CPC have hidden agender and all Nigerians should reject the party in the governorship election.

What a useless post, u people were blinded by ethnocentricism, regionalism and the likes during this elections. How can a person in there right senses vote for PDP for God's sake.
Re: Buhari Rejects Results In 22 States And Fct by ziccoit: 4:37pm On Apr 19, 2011

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

I'm The ‘Hope That Nigeria Will Get Better' - Tinubu To Actors (Video) / US To Return $350m Stolen By Nigerian Generals / Protest In Ogun Against Electricity Distribution Company

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.