Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,129 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:37 AM

Buhari Rejects Results In 22 States And Fct - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Rejects Results In 22 States And Fct (15662 Views)

Wike Swears In 22 LGA Caretaker Chairmen In Rivers State / INEC Releases Statistics Of PVC Collected In All 36 States And FCT / List Of Senatorial Candidates For The 36 States And FCT And Their QUALIFICATION (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Rejects Results In 22 States And Fct by Salym(m): 4:50pm On Apr 19, 2011
Dream chaser:

Lol, I dey laff this Buha whatever is a bad loser! After manipulating the registration process by coming out with surplus voters in the north, he is now complaining that the children, the donkeys, the cows and invincible voters that make up must of the votes they were expecting in the north did not show.

I always wondered how a state like Gombe would have 2million plus voters, now I know they never existed in the first place.

I live in PHC and all the ppl that did not come for accreditation where refused to vote. They turned geniune voters back. In my PU everybody voted PDP, no single vote escaped. Plus even some PUs where ppl voted some other party, I overheard some ppl asking if they were ok for not voting GEJ, nobody believed any1 won't vote for GEJ down here.

why? because GEJ is a saint or due to religious, ethnic and regional sentimentalisms?
Re: Buhari Rejects Results In 22 States And Fct by ariy(m): 4:53pm On Apr 19, 2011
Bayelsa had 472,389 registered voters and PDP got 504,811 votes while total votes were 506,680
Re: Buhari Rejects Results In 22 States And Fct by Chongaiman: 4:55pm On Apr 19, 2011
oncolor said,

I find it hard to believe Buhari thinks he can win GEJ in the SS or SE. I went to primary and secondary school in Jos, and I can say with all assurance that People from Plateau state and the middle belt in general who are mainly Christians identify more with the south than with the north. They see the Hausa/Fulani as oppressors, with all the recent religious crisis that has rocked Jos, which right thinking middle belter will vote for a Hausa/Fulani candidate.

Touché!
Re: Buhari Rejects Results In 22 States And Fct by Kilode1: 4:57pm On Apr 19, 2011
Toaskarity:

are you guys trying to quote that once BUHARI wins then it will be a free and fair election?

Not really. Maybe we are just wondering about the logic behind people's support for those who had consistently failed or refused to give one.
Re: Buhari Rejects Results In 22 States And Fct by CrudeOil2(m): 4:57pm On Apr 19, 2011
General buhari should accept reality. he has lost the election and there is nothing he can do about it.
Re: Buhari Rejects Results In 22 States And Fct by soloqy: 5:01pm On Apr 19, 2011
ariy:

Bayelsa had 472,389 registered voters and PDP got 504,811 votes while total votes were 506,680

Where did you get these figures? You just wake up and fabricate to your hearts desire.

Go to the INEC website and get the correct figures otherwise just shut it.

You may also stop being lazy and search the news sites yourself and find the correct figures.
Re: Buhari Rejects Results In 22 States And Fct by Banned4GEJ: 5:02pm On Apr 19, 2011
ariy:

The figure of 472, 389 is the provisional number. By the final list of registered voters, bayelsa, like many other states had their figure reviewed upwards to close 600,000. the voter's turnout is Bayelsa is about 85% which is the highest nationwide
Re: Buhari Rejects Results In 22 States And Fct by Guylan(m): 5:04pm On Apr 19, 2011
Buhari lost and should congratulate GEJ for beating him, period. grin
Re: Buhari Rejects Results In 22 States And Fct by seguno2: 5:05pm On Apr 19, 2011
Pastor Tunde Bakare's silence at this critical moment when his party supporters in the north are slaughtering christians and southerners means he agrees with such a reaction to the election dispute.
I hope he is not waiting until a close member of his family or congregation is killed before he opens his mouth to condemn in unambiguous this barbaric reaction from his supporters.
Re: Buhari Rejects Results In 22 States And Fct by Kenyy: 5:06pm On Apr 19, 2011
Kilode?!:

Not really. Maybe we are just wondering about the logic behind people's support for those who had consistently failed or refused to give one.
Re: Buhari Rejects Results In 22 States And Fct by naso2(m): 5:12pm On Apr 19, 2011
ariy:

Eh ya. so thats why you guys went killing innocent souls?

Ok try the facts below for size:

Initial Actual

ABIA 1,481,191 1,524,484

ADAMAWA 1,714,860 1,816,094

A/ IBOM 1,714,781 1,616,873

ANAMBRA 1,758,220 2,011,746

BAUCHI 1,835,562 2,523,614

BAYELSA 472,389 591,870

BENUE 1,415,162 2,390,884

BORNO 2,730,368 2,380,957

C/RIVER 1,018,550 1,148,486

DELTA 1,900,055 2,032,191

EBONYI 876,249 1,050,534

EDO 1,412,225 1,655,776

EKITI 750,753 764,726

ENUGU 1,301,185 1,303,155

FCT 886,323 943,473

GOMBE 1,266,993 1,318,377

IMO 1,611,715 1,687,293

JIGAWA 1,852,698 2,013,974

KADUNA 3,565,762 3,905,387

KANO 5,135,415 5,027,297

KATSINA 2,931,668 3,126,898

KEBBI 1,603,468 1,638,308

KOGI 1,215,405 1,316,849

KWARA 1,115,665 1,152,361

LAGOS 6,247,845 6,108,069

NASSARAWA 1,224,206 1,389,308

NIGER 721,485 2,175,421

OGUN 1,869,326 1,941,170

ONDO 1,558,975 1,616,091

OSUN 1,293,967 1,293,967

OYO 2,577,490 2,572,140

PLATEAU 1,983,453 2,259,194

RIVERS 2,419,057 2,429,231

SOKOTO 2,065,508 2,267,509

TARABA 1,308,106 1,336,221

YOBE 1,182,230 1,373,796

ZAMFARA 1,746,024 1,824,316

TOTAL 67,764,334 73,528,040

Re: Buhari Rejects Results In 22 States And Fct by luluosas(m): 5:20pm On Apr 19, 2011
@Musiwa this are human been killed over nothing . For God sake. I still call that they remove Edo,delta and Yoruba from Nigeria to benin republic or we form a country.

Musiwa, what is your problem here? Do you want to start a fight you will never be able to curtail? Why are you so nonsensical, stupid and dubious? May God forgive you. I cannot be deceived by your likes. In case, you did not know, the picture you pasted in your post was the remains of your greedy brothers and sisters in Jesse, Delta State, in 1997. They were roasted to ashes after they vandalised an Oil pipeline belonging to NNPC, after it caught fire. Go and research very well before coming here to peddle what will make war to break out.
Re: Buhari Rejects Results In 22 States And Fct by emmadeiza(m): 5:37pm On Apr 19, 2011
Sometimes one wonders if these Hausa/Fulani fanatics don't have the same brain as their cows. No human being takes pleasure in killing fellow humans!
Re: Buhari Rejects Results In 22 States And Fct by Banned4GEJ: 5:57pm On Apr 19, 2011
NEWS:

EU, NDI, Commonwealth hail NASS, presidential poll (PUNCH NEWSPAPER)

The International election observers on Monday hailed the National Assembly and presidential elections, saying they represented a departure from previous flawed polls. The international groups, including the Commonwealth, European Union and the National Democratic Institute, stated this at separate news conferences in Abuja. In a report presented by its Chairman, Mr. Festus Mogae, the Commonwealth Group said that the April 2011 elections “marked a genuine celebration of democracy in Africa’s most populous country and a key member of the Commonwealth. “Previously held notions that Nigeria can only hold flawed elections are now being discarded and this country can now shake off that stigma and redeem its image.”

[
b]Election: We don’t have reports of rigging - EU (TRIBUNE NEWSPAPERS)[/b]

Observers ask Buhari, others to accept results (VANGUARD)
ABUJA – A coalition of election observers in Nigeria under the auspices of Project 2011 Swift Count, Tuesday, urged the Congress for Progressive Change’ Presidential candidate, Maj. Gen. Muhammadu Buhari (rtd) and other candidates in the presidential poll to accept the results as declared by INEC in good faith.

[
British government congratulates Jonathan (VANGUARD)
The British government on Monday congratulated President Goodluck Jonathan on his election and expressed its willingness to work with him.
“The United Kingdom greatly values its friendship with Nigeria and looks forward to working closely with President Goodluck Jonathan and the new government in the coming years,’’ Foreign Secretary William Hague said.The British government statement welcomed the result of the election and described it as the most credible since the end of military rule in 1999.It commended the leadership of Professor Attahiru Jega and the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) for their crucial role in the process.

Its like it is only Buhari and his CPC almajiris that believe the elections were rigged. I dont blame them sha. They have been living in a dreamland since believing that Buhari can win the election thats why its difficult for them to come back to reality. WAKE UP BB FANS! GEJ won fair and sqaure. Buhari can never win a presidential election in Nigeria because he is such a hard sell to the southern part of the country while the Northern elites are skeptical about him. He lost in 2003 and 2007 for these reason. He has lost agin in 2011 for same reasons and would continue to lose for these reasons if he continues to delude himself by contesting every election.
Re: Buhari Rejects Results In 22 States And Fct by seguno2: 6:06pm On Apr 19, 2011
The governorship candidate of the Congress for Progressive Change in Abia State, Chief Ako Atuloma, on Monday said that the presidential candidate of the party, Maj.-Gen. Muhammadu Buhari, failed because of poor organisation of the party in the state.

At a press conference in Umuahia, the state capital, Atuloma alleged that the party’s election campaign was placed in the hands of a corrupt person, who absconded with the funds meant for paying party agents and running the machinery of the party.

He said, “The party gave money to someone with which to pay the party agents during the election. The agents were supposed to be paid N2,500 each, but instead of the leader to pay them, he absconded. He also changed his residence.

“Because the agents were demoralised, they decided to abandon everything pertaining to the party; this led to the abysmal performance of the CPC in Abia.”

He said the party and its stakeholders had re-strategised to ensure that they won in the coming governorship election in the state.

Atuloma said that he was not unaware of what transpired in the last National Assembly elections where the state government and its agents allegedly used the security agents to intimidate the electorate.

“We have noted this and I can assure you it had been taken care of by the party and other political parties in the state,” he said.

Punch
Re: Buhari Rejects Results In 22 States And Fct by texazzpete(m): 7:09pm On Apr 19, 2011
I voted in Rivers State and in my Polling Unit, out of nearly 5000 people registered only 1750 people turned up to vote. That is less than 50% and is fully consistent with reality. We all know many of those who registered did so as a result of government intimidation (The illegal No registration, no salary clause) and determination to sell their cards eventually. Also many people would have travelled or refused to turn up to vote.
I will take any turnout of greater than 70% with a pinch of salt. I'm sure turnouts of around 50 - 60% are much closer to reality.
Re: Buhari Rejects Results In 22 States And Fct by Chongaiman: 7:34pm On Apr 19, 2011
Hamid O said,

The biggest mistake PDP made was to manipulate results in some nothern states all in the name of looking for 25%.
I live in Kaduna and there's no way; I repeat no way PDP got one million votes here. People hate Vice president Namadi with a passion, that was the reason PDP couldn't win in front of his family house at Zaria. The guy is useless and I just pray GEJ is not going to give him the same leverage given Atiku by OBJ.
I still pity any unemployed Nigerian youth that thumb printed PDP, I think some people are born to suffer and right now there's nothing like pity for a fellow Nigerian.

By what authority do you speak? Does people translate to everyone in the state? Or does Zaria alone constitute Kaduna State? I know lots of people in Kaduna who detest GMB with a passion and with good reason to boot.
Re: Buhari Rejects Results In 22 States And Fct by OmoTier1(m): 8:03pm On Apr 19, 2011
I hope all those defending the votes manipulation witness in the last presidential election through the "lens of ethnicity" would not come to nairaland to scream blue murder when PDP uses the same rigging tactics to retain governors from delta, imo, Abia,Oyo, etc. on April 26th!
Re: Buhari Rejects Results In 22 States And Fct by Limaoscar: 8:14pm On Apr 19, 2011
Pastor Tunde Bakare's silence at this critical moment when his party supporters in the north are slaughtering christians and southerners means he agrees with such a reaction to the election dispute.
I hope he is not waiting until a close member of his family or congregation is killed before he opens his mouth to condemn in unambiguous this barbaric reaction from his supporters.

What else can He say, when He's bewitched Himself grin grin
Re: Buhari Rejects Results In 22 States And Fct by ektbear: 8:29pm On Apr 19, 2011
@eziachi: Those things aren't worth much (not high dollar, very profitable items), can be imported cheaply or produced locally.
Re: Buhari Rejects Results In 22 States And Fct by bamosagie(m): 8:33pm On Apr 19, 2011
The General cried before the election, he knew he would loose; now he is performing the other part of the reharsed script he was given to study before the election. Buhari must win an award for acting this season
Re: Buhari Rejects Results In 22 States And Fct by otokx(m): 8:46pm On Apr 19, 2011
The PDP rigging machine has been repaired and will work wonders south of Nigeria. Akala will have a landslide victory, same for Uduaghan plus Ohakim, mark my words. No body should complain that time o.
Re: Buhari Rejects Results In 22 States And Fct by MukLdn(m): 8:48pm On Apr 19, 2011
@ Omo_Tier1

Leave them, Let PDP continue the rigging come Govenor election 26 April, maybe they are one of the few who enjoy Nigeria as it is?
Re: Buhari Rejects Results In 22 States And Fct by bamosagie(m): 8:51pm On Apr 19, 2011
The PDP rigging machine has been repaired and will work wonders south of Nigeria. Akala will have a landslide victory, same for Uduaghan plus Ohakim, mark my words. No body should complain that time o.

Maybe Uduaghan, Ohakim not likely, Alao Akala is a no way! the people voted Goodluck Ebele Jonathan not PDP
Re: Buhari Rejects Results In 22 States And Fct by Nobody: 8:53pm On Apr 19, 2011
CPC lost in the South South and South East period. Buhari is a bad loser and a tribalistic idiot who enjoys the sight of blood.
Re: Buhari Rejects Results In 22 States And Fct by otokx(m): 9:11pm On Apr 19, 2011
The same people will vote Akala, Uduaghan, Ohakim, Orji, etc and not PDP. What a lame logic?
Re: Buhari Rejects Results In 22 States And Fct by kompolon(m): 9:18pm On Apr 19, 2011
bomo-sagie, i want to hail prophet Orkar. During his botched coup, he listed the northern states that he called all sorts amongst them is "a people that derive pleasure in drawing the country backwards" i believe his soul will really rest now that without a coup, Nigerians & the northerners voted along Prophet oh sorry Maj. ORKAR'S Nigeria. (A puzzle, get the map of Nigeria, paint the States GEJ won, leave the rest, look @ the pattern, you'll then understand)
Re: Buhari Rejects Results In 22 States And Fct by lastpage: 11:31pm On Apr 19, 2011
@Abagworo
The crisis in the North is almost blinding us from the potential crisis brewing in South-East and South-South.

Ohakim might be rigged in

Theodore Orji might be rigged in

Akpabio might be rigged in

Uduaghan might be rigged in.

It is already glaring that the majority of the people of the 4 states will not vote PDP.I therefore expect crisis especially in Akwaibom.

Aba-Malam!
Why are you now a Prophet of DOOM?
Why dont you make "wicked predictions" about your own states/domain, up-North, instead of trying to stoke hatred in another part of the country?

What people like you dont know (or knew but decide not to acknowledge), is that THE SOUTHERN NIGERIANS ARE FAR "SMARTER PEOPLE" THAN YOU GIVE THEM CREDIT FOR!

Despite their mis-givings about PDP as a party, Southerners are "smart enough" not to throw away the baby, with the dirty bath water,,,,BY VOTING GEJ!! wink wink

How on earth does Buhari hope to win an election when he keeps hopping from one party to another and just 24hrs to a Presidential election, his alliance with the ACN CRUMPLED like a park of cards?

How come YOU NORTHERNERS always think the only solution to your grievance, is to LOOT, BURN AND KILL SOUTHERNERS?
DONT YOU VALUE HUMAN LIFE, AT ALL?

Dont you for one moment think you are re-enforcing the widely held perception that you guys are "lower animals" and incapable of handling any form of civilization?
When Ghadafi said Nigeria should be split, you people derided him.
When Gideon Orkah tried to do the same, it is the same "Northern Extract" of military brass that killed that dream!
When Ojukwu tried to emancipate his people from these useless contraption, it is the same Northerners that would have none of it!
Wetin sef?

C'mmon, grow up, get a life or f*ck-off!.
Educate your people, spread the wealth, teach your people about value and sanctity of human life and lets see, whether you will win an election!

The only way a Northerner would ever rule this country again, IS BY QUOTA SYSTEM! grin grin You cant win an election cos you're the minority.

The West, South, S/East, East, Middle Belt are all smart now wink wink Together, we have "United to cage" the Northerner, for good!
If you dont like it, OPT OUT. End of story.
Mtchew tongue
Re: Buhari Rejects Results In 22 States And Fct by Kobojunkie: 11:42pm On Apr 19, 2011
Since the SE/SS seem to be sweet on PDP let's see the PDP Governors WIN come Saturday!!! WOOHOOO
Re: Buhari Rejects Results In 22 States And Fct by ridgeman: 11:53pm On Apr 19, 2011
This is all tactics, in African politics its a text book strategy to reject any result that doesn't favor you in the hope that you will be offered something in return for dropping your case.

I just hope things will not get out of hand, because it will be the masses that will suffer most,
Re: Buhari Rejects Results In 22 States And Fct by Eagle75: 1:03am On Apr 20, 2011
Kobojunkie:

Since the SE/SS seem to be sweet on PDP let's see the PDP Governors WIN come Saturday!!! WOOHOOO
@Kobo SE/SS voted basically on ethnic line last Saturday, every other parties within the states came together for GEJ. CPC had no single agent in all the PUs of the above states. As for the guber election the serving governors that did well in thier states will definitely be returned for example Rivers Amechi and Enugu's Chime. There will be no guber elections in Bayelsa, Cross River, & Anambra State. (court decision for tenure duration) so the battle grounds now is for Akpabio vs Acn, Udeughan Vs Dpp, Ohakim vs APGA & ACN, Orji vs ACN, APGA & PPA, Elechi vs ANPP.
Re: Buhari Rejects Results In 22 States And Fct by gadogado(m): 2:29am On Apr 20, 2011
There is no born to rule mentality, thats just what you southerners cooked up to rally yourselves against northern political forces. Lame! the riots happened because the election was rigged, goodluck did not get and could not get 40% of sokoto votes as the results showed!

Dont rig elections and there will be no violence! under ordinary circumstances, with no cheating, the election would go into a run off!!! not gej winning by over 10 million votes!! big lie!! rigging!!! you know it, the whole country knows the elections were rigged, northerners, if you heard what they were chanting, were aggrieved by the margin of loss not necessarily because gej "won" All the PDP knows is rigging! they're criminals and have no true legitimacy! if you recall in 1993, Kano people voted en mass for a southerner (MKO ABIOLA) over a son of the soil (Bashir Tofa)

in 1999, there was an agreement, saying power will rotate between north and south, it went to the north for 8 years and reciprocity and adherence to the agreement was naturally expected. It came back to the north, pres died in no time, then it was ok for the vp to continue, but naturally, the agreement should have stayed and gej step down for a northerner in 2011. But southerners said theres no agreement, which agreement, so this is now wayo!!! good and fine, lets have an honest election then, but no, they had to rig!

Most northerners want the country split in two, there's unity in the north and understanding! the only thing keeping southerners united in your hate for the north, if we break up, you'll swallow each other!! The northern elite who have hoarded all the money along with the southern elite are the only people "NIGERIA" is serving so they'll fight to keep the status quo, what average northerner smells oil money? pls tell me! when they're hungry so oil means jack, they couldn't be bothered since a split doesn't mean they lose anything, the only people that will lose are the less than 1000 individuals that make up the core of the northern elite, they all know each other and inter marry!!! get it straight people! I'm a northerner and I'd rather see the country broken up since it doesn't look like we can coexist as a united nation! many countries that have no oil are doing better than Nigeria anyway so oil is not a requisite for livelihood or even prosperity i dare to say, the north was doing fine pre oil before being inflicted with the dastardly dutch disease by the south!!

You can't keep to agreements and the cheat in elections!! so we might as well split! The condition being, for the sake of the history and the many positive effects we've had on each other (it hasn't all been negative hate) you allow us a port through dredging the Niger river and we'll be out of your skin in no time!! There's oil on the Nigerian side of lake Chad anyway since it exists on the Chadian side and the soil and geology is the same, it therefore must exist on the Nigerian side! politics won't let us be serious about exploration!!! But I'd love to split the country!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Governor Ikpeazu Playing Golf In Aba (Photos) / Protest In Ibadan Over Closure Of Business Premises (pics) / FG Begins Shortlisting Candidates For 500,000 Jobs – Lai Mohammed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.