Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,018 members, 7,818,017 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:37 AM

Buhari Rejects Results In 22 States And Fct - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Rejects Results In 22 States And Fct (15660 Views)

Wike Swears In 22 LGA Caretaker Chairmen In Rivers State / INEC Releases Statistics Of PVC Collected In All 36 States And FCT / List Of Senatorial Candidates For The 36 States And FCT And Their QUALIFICATION (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Rejects Results In 22 States And Fct by Bojiboji: 1:28pm On Apr 19, 2011
Some Nigerians are funny!!! They want Buhari to accept the results that was rigged!!!! If you are too good, go and contest an election, when you are cheated, go ahead and shake hands with the one who cheated and say' well done for cheating me, you are the winner, congratulations'. Kiss the dude and be happy. That how to show good example. People always want others to do what they would never accept and only people who are not principle would accept cheating. The effect of rigging an ellection goes a long way, beyond what many can see now.

Food for thought: Can anyone reconcile Thisday/ipsos poll with the actual result? Can anyone state the main reason why there was curfew between 10.00pm and 5.00am before the elections?
Re: Buhari Rejects Results In 22 States And Fct by Eziachi: 1:30pm On Apr 19, 2011
efisher:

Buhari is the only one complaining. Go to GEJ's facebook page and read the mind blowing comments from thousands of Nigerians from North, East, West and South. Nobody in the south is protesting that it was rigged, yet more than half of the states listed in his "black book" are southern states. The man is completely dumb.
During Abacha's time there were also thousands of mind blowing millions man matches for him, courtesy calls and articles in the praise of him by the same Nigerians.
So don't use of such to guage acceptability in Nigerian AGIPs.
When Shagari was overthrown by IBB and his boys, the same Nigerians trooped out in the street jubilating and celebrating the coup and many years later, a man (Buhari) called in by IBB and his gang to come and head the government is accused of derailing Nigerian wondeful democracy under Shagari by the same Nigerians.
Re: Buhari Rejects Results In 22 States And Fct by passyjango(m): 1:31pm On Apr 19, 2011
phatephul:

WTF is Buhari Talking abt Does he think we are so short memoried that we forget wat he did during his reign as presidentunfortunately the youths of this generation were worse hit by the misgovernanace of the Military (Buhari, Babangida and Abacha) so we cannot vote any of them into power. I only ask Buhari to be careful that he doesnt unleash a violence he cannot control because if the south, east and west  unleash our own brand of mayhem, northerners go flee go Niger and Chad. GEJ was a popular choice, campaigned very widely, very well and vigorously,articulated his plans for Nigeria and he won. Anyone rejecting the results should go hug transformer!!!

Omo, you were not even born by then, so the memory argument is irrelevant.
Re: Buhari Rejects Results In 22 States And Fct by bidemi12(m): 1:33pm On Apr 19, 2011
Kobojunkie:

It is very sad!!! People who have been violated for 12 years by the PDP now singing praises of this same group and believing they are all now born again . . . just like that~!!! sad

For Now we can only watch and pray. Good to see you back sister. . . . .
Re: Buhari Rejects Results In 22 States And Fct by Omooba77: 1:33pm On Apr 19, 2011
Kobojunkie:

Do you have proof of the child voters voting CPC or you are just mouthing what you have read from the 'crowd' yourself??  . . . yeah . .  back to the sense of reason question you were asked earlier, shall we?? wink
Madam, either you choose to be mischevious or sighing away from the truth AIT has it on record that REC of Bauchi was almost lynched when he ordered the arrest of under age . The news is every where CNN, BBC and Aljazera. Please don't from abraod fuel the ember of distingration. Home is home oh. God bless Nigeria! As for people changing to Goodluck suddenly, that is human nature; same crowd that cried Hossanna, said crucify him!
Re: Buhari Rejects Results In 22 States And Fct by snoop419: 1:35pm On Apr 19, 2011
I am so disappointed with his comment, Buhari should have visted my ward where he had only one vote which i guess was a mistake cos his party wasn't even represented, ,
Re: Buhari Rejects Results In 22 States And Fct by HamidO1(m): 1:35pm On Apr 19, 2011
The biggest mistake PDP made was to manipulate results in some nothern states all in the name of looking for 25%.
I live in Kaduna and there's no way; I repeat no way PDP got one million votes here. People hate Vice president Namadi with a passion, that was the reason PDP couldn't win in front of his family house at Zaria. The guy is useless and I just pray GEJ is not going to give him the same leverage given Atiku by OBJ.
I still pity any unemployed Nigerian youth that thumb printed PDP, I think some people are born to suffer and right now there's nothing like pity for a fellow Nigerian.
Re: Buhari Rejects Results In 22 States And Fct by Kenyy: 1:37pm On Apr 19, 2011
25.5% Rigging would have made everybody go home happy. Just like this:
SS-65%(GEJ), Buhari(3%)
SE-60%(GEJ), Buhari(4%)
SW-55%(GEJ), Buhari(7%)
NW-20.1%(GEJ), Buhari(75%)
NC-25.5%(GEJ), Buhari(71%)
NE-25.5%(GEJ), Buhari(70%)
GEJ & Co. would have won and Buhari & Co. would have gone home happy believing that at least the people's VOTES counted. That is what is called SELECTIVE honesty
which all powerful world leaders use on a daily basis.
Re: Buhari Rejects Results In 22 States And Fct by niceG: 1:38pm On Apr 19, 2011
[b]What the hell is wrong with this old man called Buhari. Was he not the same person who started the destruction of the democracy we instituted when Shagari was elected President of of our dear country? Now what has he forgotten there that he wants to go and take? Yaradua won by rigging and there was no chaos. Goodluck has won by what has been reckoned as the freest and fairest election in this country and he is opening his mouth to say he rejects the polls.
His arrogant and proud nature did not allow him to remain in one party cos he always wanted everybody to be under him.
Let us get one thing clear: Buhari wanted an alliance with ACN cos he saw the writing on the wall of his defeat by Jonathan. The alliance did not work, and I am surprised that such a man of his level would not undestand that the reason for his fear would prevail in the election. Pride did not allow him to allow another person emerge as the presidential flagbearer for ANPP, so went ahead to form the CPC. Same pride would not allow him to step down for the younger brother Ribadu, so the pride took him to the land of failures.

Should we even alow this man to contest elections bearing in mind that he was the same man that destroyed the democracy we built before?

Pls Buhari, it is not written in any constitution that you must rule this nation as a military man and as a civilian.
GO AND SLEEP, OR BETTER STILL R*P[/b]
Re: Buhari Rejects Results In 22 States And Fct by Kobojunkie: 1:39pm On Apr 19, 2011
Omooba77:

Madam, either you choose to be mischevious or sighing away from the truth AIT has it on record that REC of Bauchi was almost lynched when he ordered the arrest of under age . The news is every where CNN, BBC and Aljazera. Please don't from abraod fuel the ember of distingration. Home is home oh. God bless Nigeria! As for people changing to Goodluck suddenly, that is human nature; same crowd that cried Hossanna, said crucify him!

If you are going to jump in to respond to a question not even directed at you , the least you can do is make sure to read with your eyes open so you can actually provide an answer to the question asked . .  not more intangible fluff !!!
Re: Buhari Rejects Results In 22 States And Fct by hallo(f): 1:40pm On Apr 19, 2011
I think we need to get something clear. That is, people didn't vote for PDP but rather they voted for GOODLUCK

JONATHAN  cheesy. its so clear. How on earth did buhari think the SS, SW and SE would vote for

him, come on.

Well if buhari insist he would be going to court, i can see my lawyer friends smilling to collect more

kudi grin from him, Pls someone should tell buhari to go back to his village cos this position(President) is not

meant for him. he is not born to rule  cool[size=8pt][/size]
Re: Buhari Rejects Results In 22 States And Fct by chagga(m): 1:41pm On Apr 19, 2011
SENATOR JOHN MCCAIN: Thank you. Thank you, my friends. (Cheers, applause.) Thank you for coming here on this beautiful Arizona evening. (Cheers, applause.)
My friends, we have -- we have come to the end of a long journey. The American people have spoken, and they have spoken clearly. A little while ago, I had the honor of calling Senator Barack Obama -- (boos) -- to congratulate him -- (boos) -- please -- to congratulate him on being elected the next president of the country that we both love.
In a contest as long and difficult as this campaign has been, his success alone commands my respect for his ability and perseverance. But that he managed to do so by inspiring the hopes of so many millions of Americans who had once wrongly believed that they had little at stake or little influence in the election of an American president is something I deeply admire and commend him for achieving.
This is an historic election, and I recognize the special significance it has for African-Americans and for the special pride that must be theirs tonight.
I've always believed that America offers opportunities to all who have the industry and will to seize it. Senator Obama believes that, too. But we both recognize that though we have come a long way from the old injustices that once stained our nation's reputation and denied some Americans the full blessings of American citizenship, the memory of them still had the power to wound.
A century ago, President Theodore Roosevelt's invitation of Booker T. Washington to visit -- to dine at the White House was taken as an outrage in many quarters. America today is a world away from the cruel and prideful bigotry of that time. There is no better evidence of this than the election of an African American to the presidency of the United States. Let there be no reason now -- (cheers, applause) -- let there be no reason now for any American to fail to cherish their citizenship in this, the greatest nation on Earth. (Cheers, applause.)
Senator Obama has achieved a great thing for himself and for his country. I applaud him for it, and offer in my sincere sympathy that his beloved grandmother did not live to see this day, though our faith assures us she is at rest in the presence of her creator and so very proud of the good man she helped raise.
Senator Obama and I have had and argued our differences, and he has prevailed. No doubt many of those differences remain. These are difficult times for our country, and I pledge to him tonight to do all in my power to help him lead us through the many challenges we face.
I urge all Americans -- (applause) -- I urge all Americans who supported me to join me in not just congratulating him, but offering our next president our good will and earnest effort to find ways to come together, to find the necessary compromises, to bridge our differences, and help restore our prosperity, defend our security in a dangerous world, and leave our children and grandchildren a stronger, better country than we inherited.
Whatever our differences, we are fellow Americans. And please believe me when I say no association has ever meant more to me than that. (Cheers, applause.)
It is natural -- it's natural tonight to feel some disappointment, but tomorrow we must move beyond it and work together to get our country moving again. We fought -- we fought as hard as we could.
And though we fell short, the failure is mine, not yours.
AUDIENCE: No!
MR. MCCAIN: I am so --
AUDIENCE: (Chanting.) John McCain! John McCain! John McCain! John McCain! John McCain! John McCain!
SEN. MCCAIN: I am so deeply grateful to all of you for the great honor of your support and for all you have done for me. I wish the outcome had been different, my friends. The road was a difficult one from the outset. But your support and friendship never wavered. I cannot adequately express how deeply indebted I am to you.
I am especially grateful to my wife, Cindy, my children, my dear mother -- (cheers, applause) -- my dear mother and all my family and to the many old and dear friends who have stood by my side through the many ups and downs of this long campaign. I have always been a fortunate man, and never more so for the love and encouragement you have given me
You know, campaigns are often harder on a candidate's family than on the candidate, and that's been true in this campaign. All I can offer in compensation is my love and gratitude, and the promise of more peaceful years ahead. (Laughter.)
I am also -- I am also, of course, very thankful to Governor Sarah Palin, one of the best campaigners I have ever seen. (Cheers, applause.) One of the best campaigners I have ever seen --
AUDIENCE: (Chanting.) Sarah! Sarah!
MR. MCCAIN: -- and an impressive new voice in our party for reform and the principles that have always been our greatest strength. (Cheers, applause.) Her husband Todd and their five beautiful children -- (cheers, applause) -- with their tireless dedication to our cause, and the courage and grace they showed in the rough-and- tumble of a presidential campaign. We can all look forward with great interest to her future service to Alaska, the Republican Party and our country. (Cheers, applause.)
To all my campaign comrades, from Rick Davis and Steve Schmidt and Mark Salter, to every last volunteer who fought so hard and valiantly month after month in what at times seemed to be the most challenged campaign in modern times, thank you so much. A lost election will never mean more to me than the privilege of your faith and friendship.
I don't know -- I don't know what more we could have done to try to win this election. I'll leave that to others to determine. Every candidate makes mistakes, and I'm sure I made my share of them. But I won't spend a moment of the future regretting what might have been.
This campaign was and will remain the great honor of my life. And my heart is filled with nothing but gratitude for the experience and to the American people for giving me a fair hearing before deciding that Senator Obama and my old friend Senator Joe Biden should have the honor of leading us for the next four years.
AUDIENCE MEMBERS: No!
AUDIENCE MEMBER: You deserve more!
AUDIENCE MEMBERS: (Chanting off mike.)
MR. MCCAIN: Please. Please.
I would not -- I would not be an -- an American worthy of the name, should I regret a fate that has allowed me the extraordinary privilege of serving this country for a half a century. Today, I was a candidate for the highest office in the country I love so much. And tonight, I remain her servant. That is blessing enough for anyone and I thank the people of Arizona for it. (Cheers, applause.)
AUDIENCE: (Chanting.) USA! USA! USA! USA! USA!
SEN. MCCAIN: Tonight -- tonight, more than any night, I hold in my heart nothing but love for this country and for all its citizens, whether they supported me or Senator Obama -- whether they supported me or Senator Obama, I wish Godspeed to the man who was my former opponent and will be my president.
And I call on all Americans, as I have often in this campaign, to not despair of our present difficulties but to believe always in the promise and greatness of America, because nothing is inevitable here.
Americans never quit. We never surrender. (Cheers, applause.) We never hide from history, we make history. (Cheers, applause.)
Thank you, and God bless you, and God bless America. (Cheers, applause.) Thank you all very much. (Cheers, applause.)

THIS THE KIND OF SPEECH I EXPECTED FROM BUHARI NOT THIS NOISE
Re: Buhari Rejects Results In 22 States And Fct by Kobojunkie: 1:41pm On Apr 19, 2011
babalawo:

I dont have to proof to you that there was massive child voting in the north!!! do your findings and dont be lazy about it. I aint a crowd person but I dont have to  personally see a child vote b4 i can reasonably attest to it.I knw the feeders that makes me informed!!

Please take time to read the question asked. I asked a specific one. No article has reported what you claimed in your post there . .  the only people who hold that view are the 'crowd' people who simply follow what they hear without even taking time to confirm it or verify it in some way.
Re: Buhari Rejects Results In 22 States And Fct by Ire007: 1:43pm On Apr 19, 2011
What everybody should know is that in some of the polling booths in the north, you either vote Buhari or you will be beated blue black. They even helped to thumb print the ballot paper. Most non indigene I know did not vote because of intimidation. Also, the spate of under age voting is amazing. A friend even saw an under aged voter with three voter's card. Voting started as early as 8.30am in some polling booths. Before you throw stone to a house, chech where you stay. God help you if its a glass house.
Re: Buhari Rejects Results In 22 States And Fct by enomakos(m): 1:43pm On Apr 19, 2011
buhari shall be in jail by now if i was goodluck
Re: Buhari Rejects Results In 22 States And Fct by HamidO1(m): 1:44pm On Apr 19, 2011
snoop419:

I am so disappointed with his comment, Buhari should have visted my ward where he had only one vote which i guess was a mistake cos his party wasn't even represented,  ,

You need to visit several polling units in Kaduna where CPC polled thousands and PDP scored less than 100, I stay here and that was the general trend in Kaduna. Wondering how the sum total got to a million.
I didn't vote Buhari because I think he's too old niether did I vote GEJ because I think he's too dull and is surrounded by devils called PDP.
My argument is simple; without manipulation Buhari will beat PDP by about same margin GEJ beat him in the South east. That is a fact.
Re: Buhari Rejects Results In 22 States And Fct by voche: 1:47pm On Apr 19, 2011
Pls let Buhari know that Nigeria are not playing, if he means politices let him play the game according its rule.
Re: Buhari Rejects Results In 22 States And Fct by enomakos(m): 1:49pm On Apr 19, 2011
Ire007:

What everybody should know is that in some of the polling booths in the north, you either vote Buhari or you will be beated blue black. They even helped to thumb print the ballot paper. Most non indigene I know did not vote because of intimidation. Also, the spate of under age voting is amazing. A friend even saw an under aged voter with three voter's card. Voting started as early as 8.30am in some polling booths. Before you throw stone to a house, chech where you stay. God help you if its a glass house.

you are right that what my friends serving in the north say

thank you
Re: Buhari Rejects Results In 22 States And Fct by sley4life(m): 1:49pm On Apr 19, 2011
Buhari should b jailed if found to instigate the crises. Stu.pid rioters. Let them near my door i would blast all of them.
Re: Buhari Rejects Results In 22 States And Fct by HamidO1(m): 1:50pm On Apr 19, 2011
@chagga, You think senator McCain will deliver the same speech even if a single ballot box was snatched. Stop making people think you are as f¤¤lish as the whole of PDP combined.
Re: Buhari Rejects Results In 22 States And Fct by komekn(m): 1:51pm On Apr 19, 2011
Prior to the presidential elections the disparities were much greater and local bitter contentions highlighted in the national legislator’s elections this was clearly reflected in the results in each state as well as the desperate rigging attempts.

It’s quite evident that Buhari's claims of rigging are based on assumption but do not have any evidential basis, as it stands our electorate do not vote on ideology but personality and that personality is tied up in tribal, regional and religious sentiments.

Furthermore you cannot discount the influence of incumbency and its structures of influence and organisation at state, local govt. and ward levels,  structures the PDP have across the whole north and I don’t mean for just rigging I am talking about persuasion psychological coercion, these are structures that get you votes.

Consider this post psychoanalysis of the Northern Nigerian voter                                                  http://www.nairaland.com /nigeria?topic=649750.msg8159605#msg8159605

If we are too look at things and make informed judgements that become trends and established behaviour. Any time any day GEJ will get the whole south, South vote there are many people in the rural Niger Delta who do not even know Buhari’s name, so the contention therefore is % turnout,  but it becomes an irrelevance GEJ will always get 90%  plus of the votes there.

Historically speaking (civil war, Kaduna, Kano, Bauchi, Jos crisis) old fears die hard Ibo man will not vote Buhari well at least not in mass that covers the whole SE, we have to ask how many PDP legislators, LG Chairmen and governors do we have to Advocate for the GEJ vote and in addition the minor parties who have spoken and unspoken allegiances to GEJ and in my mind that settles the SE, first cousins of the South South.

The issues of the middle belt are somewhat different but with a number of similarities for instance the sometimes very bitter Muslim, Christian divide nonetheless there are a lot of PDP structures and supporters rigging or no rigging. In these areas Buhari does not have overwhelming support. Again reflected in the aggregate results across this region.

We move to the North, North if you like till tomorrow the controversy of population censes has never been concluded (more people in Kano than Lagos?) More Muslims than Christians not in doubt but a lot more Christians than we are told and led to believe and with local concentrations of Christians in quite a few places. Kaduna is clearly divided down the line and that clearly showed in the voting rigging or no rigging. Sokoto the sultan endorsed GEJ  and a PDP incumbency , Bauchi clearly for Buhari not in dispute but still with pockets of support for GEJ. Kano 5 million registered voters only 2.5 million voted the rest went missing why? Kano vote divided with Shekaru loyalists and  Buhari  and yet substantial  support for GEJ how many Ibos, southerners, middle-belters, etc reside in Kano?

The west somewhat divided Lagos is cosmopolitan informed and far from parochial the Ribadu factor  as well as incumbency of the ACN neutralised Buhari and of course they still went for GEJ, Ogun was exceptional but in all of this GEJ was able to muster the very much larger % of the vote in the west religious sentiments are not overriding in the West and in many cases are of little significance were political allegiances are concerned.

Finally, Nigerians have chosen, rigging or no rigging I still think we would have arrived at the largely same percentage figures. The conclusions are clear Ribadu’s time will come he has greater national acceptance, Buhari is and still remains a regional candidate that’s why he lost and of course GEJ with corruption, strange bedfellows, double standards , unfulfilled promises limited dynamism NIGERIA has chosen good or bad I accept GEJ as my president .NO SHAKIN !!!!

P.S. In my opinion rigging never start, now we will see the real rigging thuggery, stealing, killing do or die it’s the state assembly and Gubernatorial elections apart from Lagos its bullet proof vest time get your phone cameras out and please do it discreetly don’t become a victim.
Re: Buhari Rejects Results In 22 States And Fct by TeeJay6(m): 1:55pm On Apr 19, 2011
Students cheat in exams, 419 is rife from north to south, some nigerians own more than 3 passports yet when it comes to election all these people put aside their tendency to cheat/defraud except PDP voters! Either that or the so called Buhari apologists are just living in denial
Re: Buhari Rejects Results In 22 States And Fct by Kobojunkie: 1:57pm On Apr 19, 2011
Tee_Jay:

[size=13pt]Students cheat in exams, 419 is rife from north to south, some nigerians own more than 3 passports yet when it comes to election all these people put aside their tendency to cheat/defraud except PDP voters! [/size]Either that or the so called Buhari apologists are just living in denial

Yes, all PDP gets "Born again" during election! grin grin cheesy grin cheesy cheesy
Re: Buhari Rejects Results In 22 States And Fct by Kenyy: 1:59pm On Apr 19, 2011
Ire007:

More facts are emerging! Please how come the PDP score more than 1.2million Votes in Kaduna?
Re: Buhari Rejects Results In 22 States And Fct by babalawo(m): 2:00pm On Apr 19, 2011
Kobojunkie:

Please take time to read the question asked. I asked a specific one. No article has reported what you claimed in your post there . .  the only people who hold that view are the 'crowd' people who simply follow what they hear without even taking time to confirm it or verify it in some way.

Kindly ask your specific question again thanks.

Article reports are just one of so many information streams.  Someone just uploaded a picture showing underage voting in Abuja.  Just goggle 'underage voting in Nigeria' and get informed. Being on ground confers some advantage u know?
Re: Buhari Rejects Results In 22 States And Fct by fxtopedia(m): 2:02pm On Apr 19, 2011
[size=48pt]Life is simple[/size] , [size=18pt]however put yourself in the shoe of others before making comments! Easier said than done[/size]
Re: Buhari Rejects Results In 22 States And Fct by TeeJay6(m): 2:03pm On Apr 19, 2011
Kobojunkie:

Yes, all PDP gets "Born again" during election! grin grin cheesy grin cheesy cheesy
or the hypocrites accusing PDP of mass rigging are equally guilty
Re: Buhari Rejects Results In 22 States And Fct by Kobojunkie: 2:04pm On Apr 19, 2011
Tee_Jay:

or the hypocrites accusing PDP of mass rigging are equally guilty

Well, sure!!But If everyone is rigging . . . does that then mean no one should speak out against rigging?? undecided undecided undecided
Re: Buhari Rejects Results In 22 States And Fct by seguno2: 2:05pm On Apr 19, 2011
Kobojunkie:

Do you have proof of the child voters voting CPC or you are just mouthing what you have read from the 'crowd' yourself??  . . . yeah . .  back to the sense of reason question you were asked earlier, shall we?? wink

and do you have proof of the spurious allegations you have been throwing against your political opponents?

Do not blame Buhari for under aged voters. It was INEC and the PDP led government headed by GEJ that registered them. If they were not registered, they would not have voted. Buhari is not in control of INEC and should not be blamed for its lapses. As for Bakare, he would speak when he is ready.

so by your warped logic, why blame PDP and GEJ for inflated votes  
just blame CPC for not fielding vigilant agents in ALL polling units and collating centres all over the country- ok.
Re: Buhari Rejects Results In 22 States And Fct by Kobojunkie: 2:06pm On Apr 19, 2011
babalawo:

Kindly ask your specific question again thanks.

Article reports are just one of so many information streams.  Someone just uploaded a picture showing underage voting in Abuja.  Just goggle 'underage voting in Nigeria' and get informed. Being on ground confers some advantage u know?

Kobojunkie:

Re: Buhari Rejects Results In 22 States And Fct by Kobojunkie: 2:07pm On Apr 19, 2011
seguno2:

and do you have proof of the spurious allegations you have been throwing against your political opponents?

so by your warped logic, why blame PDP and GEJ for inflated votes  
just blame CPC for not fielding vigilant agents in ALL polling units and collating centres all over the country- ok.

I am lead to ask if English comprehension is a problem?  undecided undecided undecided  I mean what spurious allegation has been made? What of that post do you have a hard time digesting? I think you are best tailoring to question to what is actually contained in my post, and not some random fuxz that hits you since I can only comment on that which  is actually contained in my post! grin
Re: Buhari Rejects Results In 22 States And Fct by lastpage: 2:10pm On Apr 19, 2011
Lets keep it focused!

Lets focus on the petition of Buhari/CPC instead of conjuring various reasons, for and against, the success of the election.

IMO, of ALL the reasons given by Buhari, ONLY ONE IS WORTH INVESTIGATING.

WHY? Others are mere SPECULATION!
For example, you cannot determine "turn-out percentage" in "A STATE", based on the few polling stations in your area! It is an aggregation of turn-outs in ALL polling stations in that state. Now, no single person has that fact since "movement" was restricted and ypou can be in all polling stations at all times! FACT!

The interesting statement concerns where Buhari "alleged" that EXCEL PROGRAM INSTALLED ON INEC MACHINES WAS PROGRAMMED TO DEFRAUD HIS VOTES!

That is worth investigating. And it is simple to investigate too moreover, the process/procedure for doing so scientific amd mathematical.
We simply use a test case on a random selection of machines, from INEC's pool

But let me add that "Microsoft Excel" was written by Microsoft and it is the same l have on my machine, that INEC has. No "special edition" was produced for INEC!
Sounds like crying wolf where there is none.

But to assauge the feelings of Buhari and CPC, let us/INEC/ the whole nation,  put the machines to TEST.

[color=#000099]
We may dislike PDP but we cannot and must not "transfer that aggression" unto Goodluck Jonathan.

Violence would neither "test the machines" nor do a "probability analysis", which is what Buhari/CPC needs, to prove their case.
[/color]

Killing Southerners and Christians in the North is foolish and mad. It only shows the "animal instinct" in some set of people.

I hope they use their brains and dont turn Nigeria into Ivory Coast or Somalia  BUT if its violence they want to use in achieving their "aims", NO REGION HAS A MONOPOLY OVER VIOLENCE!
TWO CAN PLAY THE GAME!
Meanwhile, CONGRATS TO THE WINNER.

Enuf said.
BTW: Thanks to Komekn, for your objective analysis.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

US To Return $350m Stolen By Nigerian Generals / Protest In Ogun Against Electricity Distribution Company / Uproar Over PDP Chairmanship, Stakeholders’ Meeting Ends In Deadlock

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.