Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,085 members, 7,814,754 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:05 PM

UI, UNILAG, OAU, Others Get Governing Councils - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / UI, UNILAG, OAU, Others Get Governing Councils (11426 Views)

Covenant, UI, UNILAG, Edo University Ranked As Best In Nigeria By Times Higher / Admission Into University Without Stress, Unilorin, Unilag, Oau And Many More / UNN, UNILAG & OAU Are The Best In Law School Results (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UI, UNILAG, OAU, Others Get Governing Councils by free2ryhme: 6:26am On Apr 09, 2021
Re: UI, UNILAG, OAU, Others Get Governing Councils by qanda: 6:31am On Apr 09, 2021
Re: UI, UNILAG, OAU, Others Get Governing Councils by 1God: 6:43am On Apr 09, 2021
Good move! may their appointment be beneficial to the students, members of staff and Nigeria at large

1 Like

Re: UI, UNILAG, OAU, Others Get Governing Councils by zoputan89113: 7:20am On Apr 09, 2021
:Well deserved appointments to Chief Oyegun and Senator Uchendu. I have no doubt that their wealth of experience will be brought to bear.
Re: UI, UNILAG, OAU, Others Get Governing Councils by ofiko123(m): 7:34am On Apr 09, 2021
Nice one....
Re: UI, UNILAG, OAU, Others Get Governing Councils by Kinematics: 7:35am On Apr 09, 2021
garfield1:

.skengman,you are back.I miss you.you are a maestro,an authority on rivers politics.amechi about to takeover rivers.where are kinematics,seanfer,aaa569,chrisxxx,sonoyom,exposition

Amaechi is not about to take over, rather pdp and Wike is about to lose Rivers if Wike continue in his tribalism.
Re: UI, UNILAG, OAU, Others Get Governing Councils by tishbite41(m): 7:42am On Apr 09, 2021
Racoon:
More of reward for political patronage otherwise, what is an old man like chief Oyegun doing on board the governing council of a reputable university like UI?
I don't know about his age and health but he's one of the greatest students of U.I.

1 Like

Re: UI, UNILAG, OAU, Others Get Governing Councils by chrisxxx(m): 8:28am On Apr 09, 2021
Kinematics:

Amaechi us not about to take over, rather pdp and Wike is about to lose Rivers if Wike continue in his tribalism.
Amaechi can only use tribalism to win Rivers State. No one can overwhelmingly win Rivers State without Wike's Ikwerre people. To show you the tribalism Amaechi has just facilitated the appointment of his fellow Ikwerre man Andrew Uchendu. If Wike loses it because of tribalism Amaechi will win it because of tribalism.
Re: UI, UNILAG, OAU, Others Get Governing Councils by garfield1: 9:01am On Apr 09, 2021
chrisxxx:

Amaechi can only use tribalism to win Rivers State. No one can overwhelmingly win Rivers State without Wike's Ikwerre people. To show you the tribalism Amaechi has just facilitated the appointment of his fellow Ikwerre man Andrew Uchendu. If Wike loses it because of tribalism Amaechi will win it because of tribalism.

Amechi is just being strategic.he is settling the ikwerre in apc so that they will forget about the guber ticket.dont forget hon asita is chair board of nimasa while ogbobula is chair of a federal poly and giadom is at maritime uni

1 Like

Re: UI, UNILAG, OAU, Others Get Governing Councils by Kinematics: 9:07am On Apr 09, 2021
chrisxxx:

I differ from the bolded. No one can overwhelmingly win Rivers without the support of non indigenes eg the Igbos and Akwa Ibomites especially in Phalga, Obio-Akpor, Oyigbo and Eleme.
Ikwerre alone cannot win Rivers without Igbo votes, let's tell ourselves the truth. Ikwerre alone cannot win Rivers without Etche, Omuma, Oyigbo, Ahoada and Ogba/Egbema/Ndoni.
Ikwerre population is artificially bloated because of SE people that easily get assimilated into the Ikwerre and other Igboid groups.
Pound for pound Ogoni can withstand the Ikwerres by population if we are talking about indigenous people of Rivers state. However the Ikwerres currently benefit more and look more populated simply because they have been enjoying power for over 10yrs now and have put their people in strategic positions. Its no brainer which I don't blame the Ikwerres, because I know if other ethnicities are given the chance they'll do same.
So in all without the support of Igbos from the SE especially those from Imo and Abia and to some extend Akwa Ibomites that have naturalised in the state, Ikwerre importance is just like any other ethnic group as regards voting strength.
Re: UI, UNILAG, OAU, Others Get Governing Councils by Kinematics: 9:25am On Apr 09, 2021
garfield1:

Amechi is just being strategic.he is settling the ikwerre in apc so that they will forget about the guber ticket.dont forget hon asita is chair board of nimasa while ogbobula is chair of a federal poly and giadom is at maritime uni

True talk. He is settling the Ikwerres to pave way for other ethnicities to go for the governorship. Amaechi is playing a fair game, however coming from the APC is his biggest issue.
Re: UI, UNILAG, OAU, Others Get Governing Councils by garfield1: 9:31am On Apr 09, 2021
Kinematics:

True talk. He is settling the Ikwerres to pave way for other ethnicities to go for the governorship. Amaechi is playing a fair game, however coming from the APC is his biggest issue.

How is apc a big issue? Is it not you time you riverine people unite under apc and go after wike? Even when amechi was governor,he did several projects in non ikwerre areas

1 Like

Re: UI, UNILAG, OAU, Others Get Governing Councils by garfield1: 9:35am On Apr 09, 2021
Kinematics:

I differ from the bolded. No one can overwhelmingly win Rivers without the support of non indigenes eg the Igbos and Akwa Ibomites especially in Phalga, Obio-Akpor, Oyigbo and Eleme.
Ikwerre alone cannot win Rivers without Igbo votes, let's tell ourselves the truth. Ikwerre alone cannot win Rivers without Etche, Omuma, Oyigbo, Ahoada and Ogba/Egbema/Ndoni.
Ikwerre population is artificially bloated because of SE people that easily get assimilated into the Ikwerre and other Igboid groups.

Pound for pound Ogoni can withstand the Ikwerres by population if we are talking about indigenous people of Rivers state. However the Ikwerres currently benefit more and look more populated simply because they have been enjoying power for over 10yrs now and have put their people in strategic positions. Its no brainer which I don't blame the Ikwerres, because I know if other ethnicities are given the chance they'll do same.
So in all without the support of Igbos from the SE especially those from Imo and Abia and to some extend Akwa Ibomites that have naturalised in the state, Ikwerre importance is just like any other ethnic group as regards voting strength.

You are right about the bolded but you are realising late.I first made that observation when wike was declared winner by inec,you mocked and attacked me.luckily,wike has inadvertently isolated the ikwerres..it is left for other groups to take due and undue advantage
Re: UI, UNILAG, OAU, Others Get Governing Councils by Kinematics: 9:35am On Apr 09, 2021
garfield1:

How is apc a big issue? Is it not you time you riverine people unite under apc and go after wike? Even when amechi was governor,he did several projects in non ikwerre areas

People from Rivers naturally do not like APC, simply because of Jonathan. It will take a special grace for APC to pacify Rivers people. Though Wike is already doing that for the APC with his one sided governance.
Re: UI, UNILAG, OAU, Others Get Governing Councils by chrisxxx(m): 9:35am On Apr 09, 2021
Kinematics:

I have not said anything about population. However note, anyone who stays in your house, your land becomes part of you.
Re: UI, UNILAG, OAU, Others Get Governing Councils by Kinematics: 9:39am On Apr 09, 2021
garfield1:

You are right about the bolded but you are realising late.I first made that observation when wike was declared winner by inec,you mocked and attacked me.luckily,wike has inadvertently isolated the ikwerres..it is left for other groups to take due and undue advantage

Can't remember me mocking you when you made that assertion. We know Ikwerre alone cannot win Rivers without the Igboid groups and Igbos from the SE. Its a 100% known fact especially in PHC.
Re: UI, UNILAG, OAU, Others Get Governing Councils by Kinematics: 9:39am On Apr 09, 2021
chrisxxx:

I have not said anything about population. However note, anyone who stays in your house, your land becomes part of you.

You have a point with the highlighted.

1 Like

Re: UI, UNILAG, OAU, Others Get Governing Councils by garfield1: 9:40am On Apr 09, 2021
Kinematics:

Can't remember me mocking you when you made that assertion. We know Ikwerre alone cannot win Rivers without the Igboid groups and Igbos from the SE. Its a 100% known fact especially in PHC.

I know that is why amechi has tried to isolate etche and ahoada people from ikwerre.it is now left with onelga.which tribe makes up abua odual?

I am going to look for that thread and tag you
Re: UI, UNILAG, OAU, Others Get Governing Councils by Kinematics: 9:41am On Apr 09, 2021
garfield1:

I know that is why amechi has tried to isolate etche and ahoada people from ikwerre.it is now left with onelga.which tribe makes up abua odual?

Ijoid/Edoid
Re: UI, UNILAG, OAU, Others Get Governing Councils by garfield1: 9:45am On Apr 09, 2021
Kinematics:

Ijoid/Edoid

During the last elections,they voted for apc.I wonder how amechi convinced them
Re: UI, UNILAG, OAU, Others Get Governing Councils by Kinematics: 9:49am On Apr 09, 2021
garfield1:

During the last elections,they voted for apc.I wonder how amechi convinced them

APC is very strong there. The top politicians there are staunch Amaechi supporters. PDP there is controlled by a woman(The current Rivers West senator). The main PDP man from there has died long ago. So the other ones are not as strong as him, hence APC proliferated the place. Also Wike has some bad blood with major stakeholders from that area. Even his government now has done practically nothing for the people of Abua/Odual. The most senior judge in Rivers State is a woman from that area, yet Wike bypassed her and made his Ikwerre brother the attorney general of the state.
That tells you about the bad blood brewing between Wike and the people of Abua/Odual LGA.
Re: UI, UNILAG, OAU, Others Get Governing Councils by garfield1: 10:04am On Apr 09, 2021
Kinematics:

APC is very strong there. The top politicians there are staunch Amaechi supporters. PDP there is controlled by a woman(The current Rivers West senator). The main PDP man from there has died long ago. So the other ones are not as strong as him, hence APC proliferated the place. Also Wike has some bad blood with major stakeholders from that area. Even his government now has done practically nothing for the people of Abua/Odual. The most senior judge in Rivers State is a woman from that area, yet Wike bypassed her and made his Ikwerre brother the attorney general of the state.
That tells you about the bad blood brewing between Wike and the people from Abua/Odual LGA.

Oh,so sen apiafi is from there?
Re: UI, UNILAG, OAU, Others Get Governing Councils by Kinematics: 10:33am On Apr 09, 2021
garfield1:

Oh,so sen apiafi is from there?

Yes.
Re: UI, UNILAG, OAU, Others Get Governing Councils by garfield1: 2:11pm On Apr 09, 2021
I just heard that wike has directed to stop an igbo meeting billed to hold tomorrow in oyigbo...cc fergie001, igbochief,igboid,juliusmalema
Re: UI, UNILAG, OAU, Others Get Governing Councils by Igboid: 3:44pm On Apr 09, 2021
garfield1:
I just heard that wike has directed to stop an igbo meeting billed to hold tomorrow in oyigbo...cc fergie001, igbochief,igboid,juliusmalema

Igbo meeting convened by who and who? What was the agenda and where is your source
Re: UI, UNILAG, OAU, Others Get Governing Councils by HansSpeke: 4:37pm On Apr 09, 2021
Criminals
Re: UI, UNILAG, OAU, Others Get Governing Councils by Ahamefuna0001(m): 12:02pm On Apr 10, 2021
Igboid:

Igbo meeting convened by who and who? What was the agenda and where is your source

I won't blame any Igbo group for trying to convene an Igbo meeting, I heard the curfew placed on that area by Wike during the EndSars saga in October is still in existence even after normalcy has returned to the area, People live like prisoners. Wike killed the night life over there.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

CKC Onitsha Emerged Victorious At The World Affairs Challenge (WAC) / ASUU Accuses SSS Of Arresting Chapter Chairman / List Of Cheapest Universities In Canada

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.