Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,811 members, 7,817,352 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:48 AM

Swedish Admissions And Student Visa - Travel (34) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Swedish Admissions And Student Visa (123828 Views)

Study In Brazil: Admissions And Visa Procedures / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) ... (62) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Swedish Admissions And Student Visa by adedejis2: 7:00pm On Apr 10, 2022
Please who has the link to the telegram group.
Also, does anyone have an idea if we can apply in lagos and what the process for lagos is like
Re: Swedish Admissions And Student Visa by davidkruss: 9:02am On Apr 11, 2022
Anyone got admission to mid Sweden university? hit me up
Re: Swedish Admissions And Student Visa by Ichiebillion: 12:58pm On Apr 11, 2022
Hello guys,
I want to ask if Sweden gives work permit after the completion of 2 years Msc program?
Secondly, what is the naira equivalent of 88k seek?
Re: Swedish Admissions And Student Visa by eltido(m): 2:16pm On Apr 11, 2022
Ichiebillion:
Hello guys,
I want to ask if Sweden gives work permit after the completion of 2 years Msc program?
Secondly, what is the naira equivalent of 88k seek?

Asking same but now for 1 year msc
Re: Swedish Admissions And Student Visa by Mobil567: 3:15pm On Apr 11, 2022
Most of your questions can easily be answered if you actually take your time to read through Migrationsverket website.

Yes, you are eligible to for a one year job search visa after your studies.

For rate conversation to calculate POF, use xe.com or oanda but make room for fluctuations.
Re: Swedish Admissions And Student Visa by Mobil567: 3:16pm On Apr 11, 2022
Application is done online.
Biometrics is taken at Abuja.
If the lagos one is accepting biometrics, you can go there too. You can email their Abuja office for better clarification
adedejis2:
Please who has the link to the telegram group.
Also, does anyone have an idea if we can apply in lagos and what the process for lagos is like

2 Likes

Re: Swedish Admissions And Student Visa by Mobil567: 3:20pm On Apr 11, 2022
1) I don’t have kids yet. Others can help you better.
2) family accommodation is hard to get because universities does not provide housing in such case. So your best bet is actually Facebook, joining queue or finding other Nigerians in your city that know available spaces.

3) sadly, not the best person to advise for this.

4) have enough funds to last you for a year since you’re coming with kids. This will ensure smooth settlement before you can start working. All the best
HeyHey:
@lionize, @Mobil567 @ebim

I just got admitted and by Gods grace, will be coming with 2kids. Following your experience, I will apply for myself first before the kids bc them never get passport.

My questions are as follows:
1. Has your family joined you?, did you register for kids school from Nigeria
2. Accomodation, I saw some places on sssb and facebook, I was advised to queue but was discouraged when I see the waiting time as 1119 days
3. What should I note about bringing kids to Stockholm as Na only me and them Dey come
4. All other insights and contributions are welcomed

School: Swedish Defense University, Stockholm
Re: Swedish Admissions And Student Visa by Mobil567: 3:22pm On Apr 11, 2022
Don’t worry about it.
You will most likely not apply for your permit until next month anyway.
Just print 3 months bank statement, and get ready to resend a recent one if asked.
daviano2013:
@Mobil567, please can you explain this write up for me, saw it on Swedish Migration Agency Website. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Swedish Admissions And Student Visa by Duby2288(m): 9:41pm On Apr 11, 2022
Can someone pay the total tuition fees from here now before applying for Visa?
Re: Swedish Admissions And Student Visa by Temmrow: 8:28am On Apr 12, 2022
For undergraduate student, the portal for application is locked now. Meaning, application processing is ongoing.

Best of luck to us in Jesus name

1 Like

Re: Swedish Admissions And Student Visa by Mobil567: 11:05am On Apr 12, 2022
yes.
Duby2288:
Can someone pay the total tuition fees from here now before applying for Visa?
Re: Swedish Admissions And Student Visa by Mobil567: 11:06am On Apr 12, 2022
goodluck! wink
Temmrow:
For undergraduate student, the portal for application is locked now. Meaning, application processing is ongoing.

Best of luck to us in Jesus name

1 Like

Re: Swedish Admissions And Student Visa by Temmrow: 12:58pm On Apr 12, 2022
Mobil567:
goodluck! wink

Amen, and thanks so much
Re: Swedish Admissions And Student Visa by akpgalaxy: 8:33pm On Apr 12, 2022
mbachidi:
POF is 8694 SEK/month for the period u will be applying, so if your course is 2 yrs, u apply for 13 months, u multiply 8694 x 13 = 113022sek
If for 1 yr course multiply by 10 months. U put the amount in your bank account.
No, u don’t transfer the amount to the school, u only pay your school fees to the school before applying for permit

Please for flight ticket, are we to purchase a one way ticket or return? I just want to get my financial statistics clear
Re: Swedish Admissions And Student Visa by sirjunzenblaze: 10:04pm On Apr 12, 2022
davidkruss:

Hi, what was your ranking before you got the admission?
Re: Swedish Admissions And Student Visa by mbachidi: 12:38am On Apr 13, 2022
One way

akpgalaxy:

Please for flight ticket, are we to purchase a one way ticket or return? I just want to get my financial statistics clear
Re: Swedish Admissions And Student Visa by Ge0grapher(m): 9:22am On Apr 13, 2022
Hello guys. Is PhD free in Sweden??
Re: Swedish Admissions And Student Visa by Mobil567: 9:41am On Apr 13, 2022
that is entirely up to you
akpgalaxy:

Re: Swedish Admissions And Student Visa by Mobil567: 9:41am On Apr 13, 2022
yes
Ge0grapher:
Hello guys. Is PhD free in Sweden??
Re: Swedish Admissions And Student Visa by Temmrow: 11:41am On Apr 13, 2022
For the Lord is good and his Mercies endureth forever.

I give Glory to God, for I have been admitted to Darlana university. I Just checked it not quite long.

Glory be to God.

If you're going to Darlana university let's connect pls.

Thanks
Re: Swedish Admissions And Student Visa by Mobil567: 11:43am On Apr 13, 2022
Congrats cheesy
Temmrow:
For the Lord is good and his Mercies endureth forever.

I give Glory to God, for I have been admitted to Darlana university. I Just checked it not quite long.

Glory be to God.

If you're going to Darlana university let's connect pls.

Thanks
Re: Swedish Admissions And Student Visa by alabajay: 3:25pm On Apr 13, 2022
davidkruss:
Congrats
Re: Swedish Admissions And Student Visa by Ichiebillion: 4:46pm On Apr 13, 2022
Mobil567:
Congrats cheesy
Boss, does program duration count towards postgraduate work permit like in Canada?
The school that am looking at, offers a program with a year and two years duration respectively. If there are technically no advantage, then I will proceed for the cheaper one year program.
Re: Swedish Admissions And Student Visa by Wrap46: 4:52pm On Apr 13, 2022
I’m glad that most people here got accepted and will be moving to Sweden soon, Goodluck with your journey in Sweden.
Re: Swedish Admissions And Student Visa by Temmrow: 5:19pm On Apr 13, 2022
Mobil567:
Congrats cheesy

Thanks so much
Re: Swedish Admissions And Student Visa by Mobil567: 6:12pm On Apr 13, 2022
No, study years do not count in Sweden (in terms of getting residency). You have to switch permits
Ichiebillion:
Boss, does program duration count towards postgraduate work permit like in Canada?
The school that am looking at, offers a program with a year and two years duration respectively. If there are technically no advantage, then I will proceed for the cheaper one year program.
Re: Swedish Admissions And Student Visa by Ichiebillion: 7:28pm On Apr 13, 2022
Mobil567:
No, study years do not count in Sweden (in terms of getting residency). You have to switch permits
Noted chief
Re: Swedish Admissions And Student Visa by akpgalaxy: 7:42am On Apr 14, 2022
Thanks to this my lovely Nairaland family for all info you guys provide. Please a quick one, how much is proof of fund for a couple. Just the man and wife. I intend going to Sweden with my wife. Thanks guys
Re: Swedish Admissions And Student Visa by Ktei: 7:59am On Apr 14, 2022
Good morning everyone, Please, I need all your help and contribution on this, my younger brother just got admitted to Linnaeus university for a 3 years bachelor degree programme,

I want to know if he is to show proof of fund or living expenses for 13 months or for the entire program ?

Also, for the balance tuition, is he to show proof for the balance tuition also and add it to his proof of funds to reflect in his final statement before applying for the visa ?

I will appreciate all your sincere contributions and guidance.
Re: Swedish Admissions And Student Visa by Mobil567: 8:27am On Apr 14, 2022
1) for 13 months

2) no
Ktei:
Good morning everyone, Please, I need all your help and contribution on this, my younger brother just got admitted to Linnaeus university for a 3 years bachelor degree programme,

I want to know if he is to show proof of fund or living expenses for 13 months or for the entire program ?

Also, for the balance tuition, is he to show proof for the balance tuition also and add it to his proof of funds to reflect in his final statement before applying for the visa ?

I will appreciate all your sincere contributions and guidance.
Re: Swedish Admissions And Student Visa by akpgalaxy: 8:33am On Apr 14, 2022
akpgalaxy:
Thanks to this my lovely Nairaland family for all info you guys provide. Please a quick one, how much is proof of fund for a couple. Just the man and wife. I intend going to Sweden with my wife. Thanks guys

@mobil567, abeg help me with this info. Anyone with the info, abeg help me
Re: Swedish Admissions And Student Visa by Mobil567: 8:59am On Apr 14, 2022
Good Morning,

Have you taken out time to read through https://www.migrationsverket.se? If you haven't, please do.
If you still don't find the answer to your question, you can ask again.

This also applies to other people, please read https://www.migrationsverket.se and familiarise yourself with the requirements for the study permit. Repeating stuff (you can easily find online) multiple times is a daunting task and that's why this thread is somewhat idle.

Thanks for your understanding

akpgalaxy:

@mobil567, abeg help me with this info. Anyone with the info, abeg help me

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) ... (62) (Reply)

Writing CIMA For Express Entry?? Lets Meet Here! / Derailer Thread: Meeting Point For Nigerians/Africans In Scandanavia / Pictures Of Dana Air Crash Victims

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.