Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,956 members, 7,828,365 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 08:48 AM

Swedish Admissions And Student Visa - Travel (62) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Swedish Admissions And Student Visa (125234 Views)

Study In Brazil: Admissions And Visa Procedures / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (59) (60) (61) (62) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Swedish Admissions And Student Visa by Tracedigitz: 7:01am On Apr 29
Dear Lionize

I need clarification on some issues, I checked through the thread and I saw that you have been so kind to respond and give answers. Please I urgently need to get some urgent clarification.

Anyone else that can be of help too

Thanks
Re: Swedish Admissions And Student Visa by subcbouy: 5:35pm On Apr 29
After paying the first quarter semester, are we going to include the other semester fees into the maintenance fee (Proof of fund)?
Re: Swedish Admissions And Student Visa by Mobil567: 7:44pm On Apr 29
no.
subcbouy:
After paying the first quarter semester, are we going to include the other semester fees into the maintenance fee (Proof of fund)?
Re: Swedish Admissions And Student Visa by subcbouy: 10:43pm On Apr 29
Mobil567:
no.
thank you

Another quick question, please.
When you have your PoF, is there a stipulated period one has to wait before applying?
Re: Swedish Admissions And Student Visa by Mobil567: 8:04am On Apr 30
no. You can apply as soon as you feel ready
subcbouy:
thank you

Another quick question, please.
When you have your PoF, is there a stipulated period one has to wait before applying?
Re: Swedish Admissions And Student Visa by subcbouy: 1:20pm On Apr 30
Mobil567:
no. You can apply as soon as you feel ready
Thank you very much
Re: Swedish Admissions And Student Visa by Lionize: 4:49pm On May 02
Tracedigitz:
I got admitted into University of Göteborg
Please I need guidance on how to go about my POF, Student permit and other process

Can anyone please give me insight

I saw that someone like @lionize was sharing insight and helping... please kindly help
What exactly do you need to know? Have you visited the migrationsverket website?
Re: Swedish Admissions And Student Visa by Lionize: 6:40am On May 04
A piece of advice for you intending to go to Sweden for studies, and you will live in Stockholm. Pay your fees as early as you can and start processing your accommodation early. You won't know what God has done for you if you move straight from Nigeria to Sweden and into your student apartment. If not, then you may have no peace until you get your own accommodation. My eyes saw my eyes for some months before I settled in, it is so so destabilizing.

Let me hint you: One landlord I lived in his house gave me numerous rules, one of which include not cooking in the apartment after 8pm. Now if you go to school from morning to around 2, 3 or 4pm, and then go to work, to close from work around 10pm, sorry will be your case if you don't plan.

This is just a piece of advice, especially if you will be studying in Stockholm.

3 Likes

Re: Swedish Admissions And Student Visa by Kboy2020: 3:58pm On May 04
Hello brother's
Re: Swedish Admissions And Student Visa by Kboy2020: 3:58pm On May 04
Hello, if you're having problems with authentication of documents at ministry of education and foreign affair in Abuja or unable to do it by themselves due to busy schedules be assured that all can be done from the comfort of your city by just a chat on my WhatsApp number+2348063426080.
Re: Swedish Admissions And Student Visa by subcbouy: 3:46am On May 05
Re: Swedish Admissions And Student Visa by subcbouy: 3:47am On May 05
Re: Swedish Admissions And Student Visa by subcbouy: 3:50am On May 05
Lionize:

What exactly do you need to know? Have you visited the migrationsverket website?
Is it advisable for someone to use sponsor letter for Pof from a company?
Re: Swedish Admissions And Student Visa by elijah101(m): 7:15am On May 05
Bro .. is it possible for me to pay my fees now and instead of to start by September , I start by January .. can I push my resumption to the next term
Lionize:
A piece of advice for you intending to go to Sweden for studies, and you will live in Stockholm. Pay your fees as early as you can and start processing your accommodation early. You won't know what God has done for you if you move straight from Nigeria to Sweden and into your student apartment. If not, then you may have no peace until you get your own accommodation. My eyes saw my eyes for some months before I settled in, it is so so destabilizing.

Let me hint you: One landlord I lived in his house gave me numerous rules, one of which include not cooking in the apartment after 8pm. Now if you go to school from morning to around 2, 3 or 4pm, and then go to work, to close from work around 10pm, sorry will be your case if you don't plan.

This is just a piece of advice, especially if you will be studying in Stockholm.
Re: Swedish Admissions And Student Visa by Lionize: 7:23am On May 05
elijah101:
Bro .. is it possible for me to pay my fees now and instead of to start by September , I start by January .. can I push my resumption to the next term

You have to contact your school/department. That may only possible if your autumn semester courses are not prerequisites to your spring courses/ But if I may ask, why do you want to do that? I could advise differently if your reasons are clear to me.
Re: Swedish Admissions And Student Visa by Lionize: 7:26am On May 05
subcbouy:
Is it advisable for someone to use sponsor letter for Pof from a company?
It may be possible but the process of verifying that may be rigorous. So, just to be safe, let the company open an account in your name and move the money into the account. With that, you only have the burden to prove the source of the money and the reason it came in in bulk, with relevant documentations provided.
Re: Swedish Admissions And Student Visa by PrincessJr(f): 10:01pm On May 05
Hello Lionize. I plan Coming to Umea, do you have any idea about student jobs and how easy it is to get around there? What is the effect of the new law on minimum monthly salary on international students looking for part time jobs

1 Like

Re: Swedish Admissions And Student Visa by Lionize: 10:39pm On May 05
PrincessJr:
Hello Lionize. I plan Coming to Umea, do you have any idea about student jobs and how easy it is to get around there? What is the effect of the new law on minimum monthly salary on international students looking for part time jobs

Umea is not bad, I think you will find your way. But you just need to zero your mind that it may take a little while to get a job. Again, Umea is colder than places like Stockholm.

Minimum monthly salary for international students? I am sure you convinced them that you can fund your studies.
Re: Swedish Admissions And Student Visa by Akintoye12(m): 7:51pm On May 06
subcbouy:

Hello subcbouy, I have been trying to contact you for a while now I just joined nairaland and I couldn't reply or quote in the total energies job pay, I also applied for the logistics engineer position and I received the verification form. How can we chat or stay in touch for follow up. I tried contacting teddyx also but to no avail. Nairaland restrictions are mad.
Re: Swedish Admissions And Student Visa by subcbouy: 10:26pm On May 06
Akintoye12:

Hello subcbouy, I have been trying to contact you for a while now I just joined nairaland and I couldn't reply or quote in the total energies job pay, I also applied for the logistics engineer position and I received the verification form. How can we chat or stay in touch for follow up. I tried contacting teddyx also but to no avail. Nairaland restrictions are mad.
First of all, I'm not always frequent on NL and more so I have lost the email account to this moniker.
Re: Swedish Admissions And Student Visa by Wrap46: 11:39pm On May 06
I have Swedish kronor and if anyone is interested in exchanging for dollar, hit me up.
Re: Swedish Admissions And Student Visa by Wrap46: 11:40pm On May 06
Hello from Goteborg

1 Like

Re: Swedish Admissions And Student Visa by PrincessJr(f): 11:59pm On May 06
Lionize:

Umea is not bad, I think you will find your way. But you just need to zero your mind that it may take a little while to get a job. Again, Umea is colder than places like Stockholm.

Minimum monthly salary for international students? I am sure you convinced them that you can fund your studies.
I mean the effect of this new law

Since 1 November 2023, the minimum monthly salary to obtain or to extend a work permit has been increased significantly from SEK 13,000 to SEK 27,360. The increase will affect the possibilities of obtaining work permits for many low-paid job positions
Re: Swedish Admissions And Student Visa by Akintoye12(m): 7:10am On May 07
subcbouy:
First of all, I'm not always frequent on NL and more so I have lost the email account to this moniker.
alright, if you hear anything kindly let me know here, same goes for me.
Re: Swedish Admissions And Student Visa by Lionize: 7:11am On May 07
PrincessJr:
I mean the effect of this new law

Since 1 November 2023, the minimum monthly salary to obtain or to extend a work permit has been increased significantly from SEK 13,000 to SEK 27,360. The increase will affect the possibilities of obtaining work permits for many low-paid job positions
This is not exclusively for students, but those seeking for work permit. For a student, the implication is that you must get a job that pays a minimum of 27,360 as basic salary to be able to convert your student/ RP to work/RP. Sweden wants to increase the quality of immigrants attracted to Sweden.
Re: Swedish Admissions And Student Visa by Gr8mind07(m): 7:19am On May 07
Hello house! Please I would like to find out if the GTbank USD debit card can be used to pay the school fees
Re: Swedish Admissions And Student Visa by Wrap46: 3:07am On May 08
Yes it should work
Gr8mind07:
Hello house! Please I would like to find out if the GTbank USD debit card can be used to pay the school fees
Re: Swedish Admissions And Student Visa by Gr8mind07(m): 12:15pm On May 09
Thank you
Wrap46:
Yes it should work
Re: Swedish Admissions And Student Visa by spongeisback: 5:07pm On May 14
Lionize:

Hello Lionize, please I’ve some questions for you.

I’ve paid my fees and applied for my visa on the 8th of May but I’ve not gotten any response yet although in the migration website it says that my application has been assigned to a case officer.

My questions are this, given the current situation surrounding the currency the POF in my account keeps reducing compared to SEK and I keep adding money every other day, please will this be a problem? Should I be worried that I’ve not gotten any response yet?

Thank you!

(1) (2) (3) ... (59) (60) (61) (62) (Reply)

Pictures Of Dana Air Crash Victims / 44 Countries You Can Travel To With No Visa From Nigeria. / Funny Experience At The Us Embassy Lagos

Viewing this topic: Alphaman007

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.