Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,873 members, 7,813,974 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:09 PM

Throw Back: Most Memorable DMX Hit Songs(Pics/Video) - Music/Radio (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Throw Back: Most Memorable DMX Hit Songs(Pics/Video) (39826 Views)

DJ Xclusive Best Of Wizkid Old And New Hit Songs / Mixtape: Best Of Michael Jackson (all Michael Jackson's Greatest Hit Songs) / [throw Back Music] Musiliu Haruna Ishola-soyoyo (part1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Throw Back: Most Memorable DMX Hit Songs(Pics/Video) by dederocs(m): 8:53am On Apr 10, 2021
X forever. Rest in power King.
Re: Throw Back: Most Memorable DMX Hit Songs(Pics/Video) by GorillaApp(m): 8:54am On Apr 10, 2021
Tcwork:
After Tupac is was X. There wouldn't be another rapper with such energy.
And when he prayed, you felt the sincerity, you felt his pains and all his sorrows.
All his life was a constant battle with the darker side. Sliping, falling and trying to get up.
It's all over now. His soul is released. Rest in peace DMX.
That slipping song was one of my favorite

1 Like

Re: Throw Back: Most Memorable DMX Hit Songs(Pics/Video) by NoBones: 8:54am On Apr 10, 2021
His first Song I heard.
Slipping
Rest in Peace DMX
Re: Throw Back: Most Memorable DMX Hit Songs(Pics/Video) by FatherCHRISTMAS: 8:55am On Apr 10, 2021
Ugandatales:

That's from "Party Up."
Yes boss

1 Like

Re: Throw Back: Most Memorable DMX Hit Songs(Pics/Video) by Liposure: 9:10am On Apr 10, 2021
ikorodureporta:

That verse naiem kill the song. I really liked hardcore rap then...d days of onyx, lostboyz ...
..Geto boys...my mind's playin tricks on me
Re: Throw Back: Most Memorable DMX Hit Songs(Pics/Video) by Liposure: 9:13am On Apr 10, 2021
gassbee:
Dat guy's voice was unique, powerful rapper
never copied anybody
Re: Throw Back: Most Memorable DMX Hit Songs(Pics/Video) by hurlanrewaju(m): 9:13am On Apr 10, 2021
Rest in peace, black nigga

1 Like

Re: Throw Back: Most Memorable DMX Hit Songs(Pics/Video) by walyx(m): 9:16am On Apr 10, 2021
Rest on DMX

1 Like

Re: Throw Back: Most Memorable DMX Hit Songs(Pics/Video) by scally11: 9:18am On Apr 10, 2021
DMX was a legend then. I remember no party is complete in 1999 to year 2000 without Ride or Die, holla holla, it's murder and roughrider anthem. Onile wasiu God bless you that time for playing DMX Everytime for Agege that year. Rest on DOG
Re: Throw Back: Most Memorable DMX Hit Songs(Pics/Video) by Pharaoh4rin(m): 9:54am On Apr 10, 2021
FatJoe said that he became prayerful having listen to DMX way of music, always accompanying his songs with intense prayers.

Roxane his sister narrated the reason behind DMX substance abuse and I really no longer blame him.

In life, we may never know the devil that fight us. We continue to struggle within us but there's that thing that's constantly at war with us.

I got so emotional watching his tribute last nite. I will miss you Earl Simmons
Re: Throw Back: Most Memorable DMX Hit Songs(Pics/Video) by ltsng: 10:14am On Apr 10, 2021
X was the deal. He got people weeping in concerts (like MJ) when reciting his prayers. His music touched the depths of his fans' soul cos his story was relatable to a lot of them.

His voice and delivery are so unique they can't be missed and he remains one of the best storytelling rapper ever.

His real fans appreciate his uncelebrated tracks more;
I can feel it (Phil Collins adaptation)
Coming from ft. Mary J. Bilge
Make a move
The Professional
Here we go again
Angel
Damien series to mention a few

May not have lived a clean life all the way but he loved God and Jesus and was shamelessly open about it.

Adieu God's poet #dmx

Ps. Does anyone remember when he visited Nigeria and had an altercation with Eedris Abdul Kareem?

2 Likes

Re: Throw Back: Most Memorable DMX Hit Songs(Pics/Video) by BeeBeeOoh(m): 10:15am On Apr 10, 2021
chigoziri2403:
where did you grow
I grew up in Onitsha, why asking?
Re: Throw Back: Most Memorable DMX Hit Songs(Pics/Video) by BeeBeeOoh(m): 10:17am On Apr 10, 2021
brownemmanuel43:

Mehnnnnnnnnn I was damn weak when I read the news of his death, if no bi PAC song na dmx song I dey blast
I weak pass weakness axwearugad. It's PAC, DMX or Ja Rule for me
Re: Throw Back: Most Memorable DMX Hit Songs(Pics/Video) by EbenezerTriumph: 10:22am On Apr 10, 2021
Explorers:
Party Up(Up in Here), 2000

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=thIVtEOtlWM
my best hit. he won an award with this song
Re: Throw Back: Most Memorable DMX Hit Songs(Pics/Video) by EbenezerTriumph: 10:26am On Apr 10, 2021
FatherCHRISTMAS:
There is a particular verse I heard for dmx. I can never forget those verse

You wack, you're twisted, your girl's a ho

You're broke, the kid ain't yours, and everybody know

Your old man say you stupid, you be like, "So?

I love my baby mother, I never let her go
party up.
he won Grammy award with that song
Re: Throw Back: Most Memorable DMX Hit Songs(Pics/Video) by EbenezerTriumph: 10:27am On Apr 10, 2021
McSterling:

This is my favourite one. Followed by "Slipping" and "Get it on the Floor". Also love his lines from The LOX's "Money, Power, Respect". RIP DMX.
you're the real MVP bro
Re: Throw Back: Most Memorable DMX Hit Songs(Pics/Video) by EbenezerTriumph: 10:29am On Apr 10, 2021
ikorodureporta:

I sight grand finale thete
my grandfinale2017 and grandfinale2021 moniker was inspired through that song
Re: Throw Back: Most Memorable DMX Hit Songs(Pics/Video) by jayaim: 10:30am On Apr 10, 2021
I still can't believe the legendray dark man x has left 4 dead. He is surely among the immortals. Very talented, his dress sence is something else. R.I.p bro. We miss u
Re: Throw Back: Most Memorable DMX Hit Songs(Pics/Video) by EbenezerTriumph: 10:31am On Apr 10, 2021
CarGuideNG:
Just here to pay my respects to DMX and honor his memory.

His gruff voice quipped and sang of the demons that he just couldn't shake off, and which finally came calling for him, in the end. The demons of addiction and self harm.

He was real and quite frank about his life experiences, he lived his lines, he rapped about his pain, he rapped because of his pain, he rapped through his pain.

"See, to live is to suffer but to survive
Well, that's to find meaning in the suffering"

DMX - Slippin'

He lived, he suffered, he survived, he's gone to rest.

He will be missed.
he even said in his song ' I'mma let life be my song"

1 Like

Re: Throw Back: Most Memorable DMX Hit Songs(Pics/Video) by EbenezerTriumph: 10:33am On Apr 10, 2021
AfonjaConehead:
One more road to cross,one more risk to take,gotta live my life like there's one more move to make...
.cat came out spitting, hitting my mans,his mans,couldn't control wha was in his hands......

Gangster rap with nice beats

Rip Ryder
na all those kind violent lyrics Igbos like you dey like as e dey motivate una to dey cause trouble up an dan
Re: Throw Back: Most Memorable DMX Hit Songs(Pics/Video) by EbenezerTriumph: 10:36am On Apr 10, 2021
ruffDiamond:
"don't let nobody tell you what to hope and fear" (4times hook) in
No Love For Me by Dmx is one of the most maddest hook in the history of rap..similar to 2pac's hook "look for meee, ,lostin the whirlwind, lost in the whirlwind, me and my girlfriend ,lost in the whirlwind.. most rapper don't know what a hook is..it's not the same as the chorus..
Ain't No Sunshine No More ,Rip my dawg,.say hi to your granny,Mary Ella Holloway
mehn I really love that I missed you song with faith Evans
Re: Throw Back: Most Memorable DMX Hit Songs(Pics/Video) by EbenezerTriumph: 10:39am On Apr 10, 2021
Beremx:
my favorite of them all. I still have this song in my playlist.

Explorers what of the song about mistaken identity of a robbery case?
party up.
it's included up there
Re: Throw Back: Most Memorable DMX Hit Songs(Pics/Video) by EbenezerTriumph: 10:40am On Apr 10, 2021
FlipModeSquade:
Must you type this ?

If you no get any respectable thing to say,keep moving! angry
from your moniker, seems like you be Busta rhymes fan
Re: Throw Back: Most Memorable DMX Hit Songs(Pics/Video) by EbenezerTriumph: 10:41am On Apr 10, 2021
Beremx:
1998, just finished secondary school and waiting for admission. Me and my siblings bought the RuffRyders CD album. I also bought his album ( The Great Depression). We rocked the song like kilode! grin

Rest In Peace DMX
so this woman don really senior me like this
chai
Re: Throw Back: Most Memorable DMX Hit Songs(Pics/Video) by meobizy(f): 10:47am On Apr 10, 2021
This is how you know casual fans of the guy. To me everything he brought out was a hit. That site where you can download DVD versions of music videos made sense, back in 2004. Nowadays na HD video sure pass. Redditors once introduced me to a site where one could download 1080p masters of popular songs, each video was a consistent 500 MB in size.

1 Like

Re: Throw Back: Most Memorable DMX Hit Songs(Pics/Video) by EbenezerTriumph: 10:48am On Apr 10, 2021
ltsng:
X was the deal. He got people weeping in concerts (like MJ) when reciting his prayers. His music touched the depths of his fans' soul cos his story was relatable to a lot of them.

His voice and delivery are so unique they can't be missed and he remains one of the best storytelling rapper ever.

His real fans appreciate his uncelebrated tracks more;
I can feel it (Phil Collins adaptation)
Coming from ft. Mary J. Bilge
Make a move
The Professional
Here we go again
Angel
Damien series to mention a few

May not have lived a clean life all the way but he loved God and Jesus and was shamelessly open about it.

Adieu God's poet #dmx

Ps. Does anyone remember when he visited Nigeria and had an altercation with Eedris Abdul Kareem?
that's 50 cent oga

1 Like

Re: Throw Back: Most Memorable DMX Hit Songs(Pics/Video) by luminouz(m): 10:50am On Apr 10, 2021
Tolani1122:
Lolz local boy
Nawa o...na by force to like DMX? grin
Re: Throw Back: Most Memorable DMX Hit Songs(Pics/Video) by luminouz(m): 10:51am On Apr 10, 2021
ChiefAfonja:

E never tey you start todey listen md if so. But its okay I get it
I was born way earlier than you.

I said I don't like him as much as dagrin. Where on earth did that connote what you insinuate? I like who I like na
Re: Throw Back: Most Memorable DMX Hit Songs(Pics/Video) by luminouz(m): 10:52am On Apr 10, 2021
thaoriginator:
Indomie undecided

Lol...ain't that weird that you lots venerate DMX this much but hate on local rappers like dagrin?
Re: Throw Back: Most Memorable DMX Hit Songs(Pics/Video) by luminouz(m): 10:52am On Apr 10, 2021
LucemFerre:

Who’s dagrin? And is he dead?
Google is your friend
Re: Throw Back: Most Memorable DMX Hit Songs(Pics/Video) by Nobody: 11:04am On Apr 10, 2021
Let Me Fly
Stop Being Greedy
Slipin
My Niggaz (Skit)
For My Dogs
Damien
Look Through My Eyes
Flesh of my flesh, blood of my blood
Who We Be
Trina Moe
Prayer III
How It Going Down
Coming for you
Here We go Again
What these b****** want
Whats my name?
Get it on the floor
Party Up
No more love me
Changes (Remix) feat Pac
The Combo
Damien III

I have been listening to DMX since I was 15 years old. His verzuz battle with Snoop on IG still remains the best verzuz ever.

1 Like

Re: Throw Back: Most Memorable DMX Hit Songs(Pics/Video) by deedeemob(m): 11:09am On Apr 10, 2021
Upon all the DMX tracks weyu show us, na naira marley dey currently play. Chai see life. Lol
lionlee216:
I listen to his music everyday. You need my attention, play me dmx songs and you got me.

I love

Look tru my eyes
Damien
Dogs for life
The Professional
Here we go again
How's its going down.

I listen to them put them on repeat.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Davido's FALL Is Now The Most Viewed Nigerian Music Video On Youtube / 'Logo Benz' Lyrics By Lil Kesh Ft. Olamide / Mavin Records And Don Jazzy’s Impotent Artistes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.