Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,983 members, 7,814,348 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:26 AM

Throw Back: Most Memorable DMX Hit Songs(Pics/Video) - Music/Radio (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Throw Back: Most Memorable DMX Hit Songs(Pics/Video) (39834 Views)

DJ Xclusive Best Of Wizkid Old And New Hit Songs / Mixtape: Best Of Michael Jackson (all Michael Jackson's Greatest Hit Songs) / [throw Back Music] Musiliu Haruna Ishola-soyoyo (part1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Throw Back: Most Memorable DMX Hit Songs(Pics/Video) by FBIBOT(m): 11:14am On Apr 10, 2021
Only do see him in crazy scenes in movies... Rip tho
Re: Throw Back: Most Memorable DMX Hit Songs(Pics/Video) by Nobody: 11:18am On Apr 10, 2021
meobizy:
This is how you know casual fans of the guy. To me everything he brought out was a hit. That site where you can download DVD made sense, back in 2004. Nowadays na HD video sure pass. Redditors once introduced me to a site where one could download 1080p masters of popular songs, each video was a consistent 500 MB in size.
I had these albums of his then
It's dark &hell is hot
Flesh of my flesh, blood of my blood
...And then there was X
The Great Depression
Grand Champ

I couldn't buy the subsequent albums he dropped. He was even working on a new album before his death. Artists like Snoop Dogg, Lil Wayne, Alicia Keys etc gon feature
Re: Throw Back: Most Memorable DMX Hit Songs(Pics/Video) by armadeo(m): 11:24am On Apr 10, 2021
sammyj:
DMX - Damien

Surprised nobody had mentioned this classic song.

Today i met this cat
He said his name was damien
He said that we're alot alike and wsnts to be my friend.
You mean like chucky ..
Yeah just like chucky
Dada i think we both lucky....
Re: Throw Back: Most Memorable DMX Hit Songs(Pics/Video) by reversedrolez: 11:28am On Apr 10, 2021
ikorodureporta:
*ITS ON
*GRAND FINALE
*MONEY POWER & RESPECT FEAT LOX
*SHUT THEM DOWN FEAT ONYX
*ITS MURDA FEAT JARULE
*WHATS MY NAME
*THE PROFESSIONAL
*THE HEAT
* WE RIGHT HERE
*X GONNA GIVE IT TO YOU
*WHO WE BE
*ONE MORE ROAD TO CROSS
*SLIPPIN
*WHAT THESE BTHES WANT
*FLESH OF MY FLESH, BLOOD OF MY BLOOD
*LOOK THRU MY EYES
*HOW IS IT GOING DOWN
*STOP BEING GREEDY
* COMING FROM
*ANGEL
*READY TO MEET HIM
*RUFF RYDERS ANTHEM
*COME BACK IN ONE PIECE FEAT AALIYAH
*PARTY UP
*SOME X SHIT
*RYDE OR DIE
Etc

Download those SONGZ & enjoy DMX to the fullest...
You may also download the full albums:
*It dark and hell is hot
*Flesh of my flesh blood of my blood
*And then there was X

Get more classic rap SONGZ here:

https://www.nairaland.com/6066151/rap-hiphop-classic-songs-download#100656912

You forgot the hard hitting "Dog's out"
Re: Throw Back: Most Memorable DMX Hit Songs(Pics/Video) by armadeo(m): 11:28am On Apr 10, 2021
ruffDiamond:
naija rap artistes inspired by DMX to mention just a few
1),Rugged Man

2)|Kechuckwu

3)Dagrin?(but dagrin said in interview he like Biggie Small better)

4)Eedris Abdulkarim

NB not related to the above;

Weird Mc,the ijoya crooner was inspired by Mc Lute and Eve the ruffrider First Lady

Rip Earl Simon

Funny i knew wierd MC before the other 2. She had a hit back then. Allen avenue .....
Re: Throw Back: Most Memorable DMX Hit Songs(Pics/Video) by Thryphosa(m): 11:38am On Apr 10, 2021
Rest on Dog man, I remember how we rocked his tracks back then when we had our social nights at FGC Ido-Ani. My best tracks are: ain't no sunshine, here we go again, one more road to cross, what these bitches want, party up, the rain, what's my name, we right here, slipping, I miss you, lord give me a sign, dogs out, get up and try again. I will miss your unique voice X. and your genuine prayers.
Re: Throw Back: Most Memorable DMX Hit Songs(Pics/Video) by bluefilm: 11:38am On Apr 10, 2021
I wonder how it will be like the day 50 Cent dies.

In Da Club and P.I.M.P will become the national anthem around the world once more!!!
Re: Throw Back: Most Memorable DMX Hit Songs(Pics/Video) by Nobody: 11:48am On Apr 10, 2021
lionlee216:
I listen to his music everyday. You need my attention, play me dmx songs and you got me.

I love

Look tru my eyes
Damien
Dogs for life
The Professional
Here we go again
How's its going down.

I listen to them put them on repeat.

Last night for me was about Ruff Ryders, Swizzbeats, DefJam and ultimately DMX.

Listened to the whole album of 'Its dark and hell is hot' continuing with flesh of my flesh. Dmx had bangers to be honest.
Re: Throw Back: Most Memorable DMX Hit Songs(Pics/Video) by billyG(m): 11:49am On Apr 10, 2021
Rest in pieces nigga,
I still moves my feet anytime I hears his what do d bitches want from a nigga & dago make mi loose my mind..loose my cool.
Re: Throw Back: Most Memorable DMX Hit Songs(Pics/Video) by Nobody: 11:50am On Apr 10, 2021
armadeo:

Today i met this cat
You mean like chucky ..
Yeah just like chucky

Damien 3 was the best for me.
Re: Throw Back: Most Memorable DMX Hit Songs(Pics/Video) by donMIG(m): 11:53am On Apr 10, 2021
I used to love listening to these guys
The lyric was so clear n sometimes I wonder if he really talk to the devil(Damien)
He talks about going to hell and his soul being tormented but I'm glad he capped it with 'that's my life'

I just pray he must have made his way right with God b4 this came knocking

X GON GIVE IT TO YA
was my fav

May God show u mercy as u travel to ur maker

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Throw Back: Most Memorable DMX Hit Songs(Pics/Video) by billyG(m): 11:58am On Apr 10, 2021
ltsng:
X was the deal. He got people weeping in concerts (like MJ) when reciting his prayers. His music touched the depths of his fans' soul cos his story was relatable to a lot of them.

His voice and delivery are so unique they can't be missed and he remains one of the best storytelling rapper ever.

His real fans appreciate his uncelebrated tracks more;
I can feel it (Phil Collins adaptation)
Coming from ft. Mary J. Bilge
Make a move
The Professional
Here we go again
Angel
Damien series to mention a few

May not have lived a clean life all the way but he loved God and Jesus and was shamelessly open about it.

Adieu God's poet #dmx

Ps. Does anyone remember when he visited Nigeria and had an altercation with Eedris Abdul Kareem?
Not be him fight eedris na 50cent.
Re: Throw Back: Most Memorable DMX Hit Songs(Pics/Video) by KallmemrB0: 11:58am On Apr 10, 2021
lekki1444:
next time you compare DMX to olamide i am going to slap somebody angry
wake up... for better understanding... The way olamide dropped back to back hits in Nigeria and was topping the charts..he was like that
Re: Throw Back: Most Memorable DMX Hit Songs(Pics/Video) by ikorodureporta: 11:59am On Apr 10, 2021
ltsng:
X was the deal. He got people weeping in concerts (like MJ) when reciting his prayers. His music touched the depths of his fans' soul cos his story was relatable to a lot of them.

His voice and delivery are so unique they can't be missed and he remains one of the best storytelling rapper ever.

Make a move
The Professional
Here we go again
Angel

May not have lived a clean life all the way but he loved God and Jesus and was shamelessly open about it.

Adieu God's poet #dmx

Ps. Does anyone remember when he visited Nigeria and had an altercation with Eedris Abdul Kareem?

When DMX come Nigeria, d guy collapse for stage. Him brain no strong for hard drugz. D kwale weed knock am down on stage that day
Re: Throw Back: Most Memorable DMX Hit Songs(Pics/Video) by Obarofrederick(m): 11:59am On Apr 10, 2021
luminouz:
I like him small so RIP

The only rapper that ever moved me when he died was dagrin.

No other rapper ever came close since then
Mine was Michael Jackson. I couldn't eat throughout that day.
Re: Throw Back: Most Memorable DMX Hit Songs(Pics/Video) by AfonjaConehead: 12:10pm On Apr 10, 2021
EbenezerTriumph:
na all those kind violent lyrics Igbos like you dey like as e dey motivate una to dey cause trouble up an dan

Gerrout here, nobody's talking about pasuma on here,afonja....
Re: Throw Back: Most Memorable DMX Hit Songs(Pics/Video) by Goldenklassy: 12:12pm On Apr 10, 2021
Dmx made me remember our passing out in 97,u made a mark..rest on bro
Re: Throw Back: Most Memorable DMX Hit Songs(Pics/Video) by AfonjaConehead: 12:12pm On Apr 10, 2021
ltsng:

Make a move
The Professional
Here we go again
Angel

Adieu God's poet #dmx

Hey that wasn't DMX,I think it was 50 cent
Re: Throw Back: Most Memorable DMX Hit Songs(Pics/Video) by sammyj: 12:28pm On Apr 10, 2021
cheesy cheesy grin RIP to the Big Dog
armadeo:

Today i met this cat
You mean like chucky ..
Yeah just like chucky

1 Like

Re: Throw Back: Most Memorable DMX Hit Songs(Pics/Video) by johnbush(m): 1:06pm On Apr 10, 2021
DmX was one of a kind. He was as real as you could get. A tortured soul living in the dark, but always moving toward the light. I really enjoy his songs even today. when I began enjoying music some 21 years ago, DmX was the only artist I'd listen to for 3 years.
I quite liked:

coming from
for my dogs
who's next
the professional
ready to meet him
coming for ya
lord give me a sign
let me fly
stop being greedy
dog for life
slippin
more to a song
who we be
I'm bang
... and a lot more.

favorite quote, " to live is to suffer and to survive, you gats to find meaning in the suffering". DmX

1 Like

Re: Throw Back: Most Memorable DMX Hit Songs(Pics/Video) by brownemmanuel43(m): 1:08pm On Apr 10, 2021
BeeBeeOoh:
I weak pass weakness axwearugad. It's PAC, DMX or Ja Rule for me
Such is life bro, life goes on. We all live to die

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Throw Back: Most Memorable DMX Hit Songs(Pics/Video) by iamclime(m): 1:34pm On Apr 10, 2021
lastempero:
One more road to cross!!! Dopest!!!
You gerrit bro, you gerrit!

1 Like

Re: Throw Back: Most Memorable DMX Hit Songs(Pics/Video) by ruffDiamond: 1:35pm On Apr 10, 2021
armadeo:

Funny i knew wierd MC before the other 2. She had a hit back then. Allen avenue .....
I mean to say MC Lyte
Re: Throw Back: Most Memorable DMX Hit Songs(Pics/Video) by JustASeer: 1:38pm On Apr 10, 2021
Playing shorty was da bomb
RIP DMX
Re: Throw Back: Most Memorable DMX Hit Songs(Pics/Video) by lozanni(m): 1:41pm On Apr 10, 2021
Rip DMX.

I remember that year he came to Abuja to perform with Ashanti, the songstress.

Like the good entertainer he was, he chose to perform some few hours after he landed at the Airport due to delayed flight; unfortunately the heat was too much for him and he later collapsed on the stage.
Re: Throw Back: Most Memorable DMX Hit Songs(Pics/Video) by stanley000: 1:51pm On Apr 10, 2021
sean079:

Not really drugs per say but depression got hold of him making him to indulge more in hard drugs. DMX sees himself as failure when you look at his achievements in music industry and where he was before his demise in comparison with his comtemporary then like Jay z, Nas even those guys ain't up to his exploit then but you see them today they are high up there.

He made that mistake of giving everything in him to record label when he should have planned his exit after one or two good album or better get his own label and management team. under the parent label, sign one or more artist on his label just like what wizkid, olamide, Davido are doing today.
actually he was signed by jay z and we all know record labels are worse than devil himself. Jay z ripped him off which caused the label controversy that destroyed his career. Lot of lebel owners are enjoying ppls sweat. Dmx made millions for the label and got nothing
Re: Throw Back: Most Memorable DMX Hit Songs(Pics/Video) by greenprince(m): 2:10pm On Apr 10, 2021
BeeBeeOoh:
I don't joke with this line in What These Bit**** Want From A Nigga

I don't also joke with this line in his Prayer IV

See bars oh dear Lord.

Not I'm a savage winning best hip hop song.
Chai, e don really spoil. Still people ask me why I stick to mainly old school rap and hip hop.
Re: Throw Back: Most Memorable DMX Hit Songs(Pics/Video) by 1F30M4(f): 2:15pm On Apr 10, 2021
RIP Legend
Re: Throw Back: Most Memorable DMX Hit Songs(Pics/Video) by jidobaba(m): 2:21pm On Apr 10, 2021

Re: Throw Back: Most Memorable DMX Hit Songs(Pics/Video) by ltsng: 2:27pm On Apr 10, 2021
AfonjaConehead:

Hey that wasn't DMX,I think it was 50 cent

He did with DMX as well, but it didn't trend like that of 50cents
Re: Throw Back: Most Memorable DMX Hit Songs(Pics/Video) by BeeBeeOoh(m): 2:28pm On Apr 10, 2021
greenprince:

See bars oh dear Lord.

Not I'm a savage winning best hip hop song.
Chai, e don really spoil. Still people ask me why I stick to mainly old school rap and hip hop.
Old school hip hop na life axwearugad mehn!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

1,000+ Throwback Songs To Download From Qoret.com / Davido's FALL Is Now The Most Viewed Nigerian Music Video On Youtube / 'Logo Benz' Lyrics By Lil Kesh Ft. Olamide

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.