Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,781 members, 7,820,724 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:18 PM

Throw Back: Most Memorable DMX Hit Songs(Pics/Video) - Music/Radio (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Throw Back: Most Memorable DMX Hit Songs(Pics/Video) (39857 Views)

DJ Xclusive Best Of Wizkid Old And New Hit Songs / Mixtape: Best Of Michael Jackson (all Michael Jackson's Greatest Hit Songs) / [throw Back Music] Musiliu Haruna Ishola-soyoyo (part1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Throw Back: Most Memorable DMX Hit Songs(Pics/Video) by 12345baba(m): 8:09am On Apr 10, 2021
May his soul rest in peace
Re: Throw Back: Most Memorable DMX Hit Songs(Pics/Video) by ruffDiamond: 8:10am On Apr 10, 2021
naija rap artistes inspired by DMX to mention just a few
1),Rugged Man

2)|Kechuckwu

3)Dagrin?(but dagrin said in interview he like Biggie Small better)

4)Eedris Abdulkarim

NB not related to the above;

Weird Mc,the ijoya crooner was inspired by Mc Lute and Eve the ruffrider First Lady
Rip Earl Simon
Re: Throw Back: Most Memorable DMX Hit Songs(Pics/Video) by vickydevoka(m): 8:14am On Apr 10, 2021
Beremx:
1998, just finished secondary school and waiting for admission. Me and my siblings bought the RuffRyders CD album. I also bought his album ( The Great Depression). We rocked the song like kilode! grin

Rest In Peace DMX
Mehn u should be 40 years.u no be childs
Re: Throw Back: Most Memorable DMX Hit Songs(Pics/Video) by Twelfthman: 8:16am On Apr 10, 2021
That is what they told you. Don't believe everything on media

ursullalinda:
Wasn't a fan thou......but it hurts to know what killed him......say to drugs !......and don't use it as a source of income.......you are wasting lives

1 Like

Re: Throw Back: Most Memorable DMX Hit Songs(Pics/Video) by Nigeriapen1: 8:18am On Apr 10, 2021
DMX DIES AT 50.... He said He will Always Have A Drugs Problem Before He Died

WATCH VIDEO BELOW;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sETq-ER3gmc
Re: Throw Back: Most Memorable DMX Hit Songs(Pics/Video) by Tcwork: 8:20am On Apr 10, 2021
After Tupac is was X. There wouldn't be another rapper with such energy.
And when he prayed, you felt the sincerity, you felt his pains and all his sorrows.
All his life was a constant battle with the darker side. Sliping, falling and trying to get up.
It's all over now. His soul is released. Rest in peace DMX.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Throw Back: Most Memorable DMX Hit Songs(Pics/Video) by Kestolove(m): 8:23am On Apr 10, 2021
my best track 1. Angel 2. here we go again. 3. Trina mo 4. party up 5. x gonna give it to yah 6. slippin 7. we're the hood at 8. ayo'Kato 9. were right here 10. what this britches really want from a niggar
rip dark man X (dmx) rip blood of my blood flesh of my flesh.
Re: Throw Back: Most Memorable DMX Hit Songs(Pics/Video) by walozanga(m): 8:24am On Apr 10, 2021
Remember him Wella with that my brothers Benz v-boot banging ONE MORE ROAD TO CROSS , on that pioneer speakers . R.i.p "X"
Re: Throw Back: Most Memorable DMX Hit Songs(Pics/Video) by LucemFerre: 8:24am On Apr 10, 2021
luminouz:
I like him small so RIP

The only rapper that ever moved me when he died was dagrin.

No other rapper ever came close since then

Who’s dagrin? And is he dead?
Re: Throw Back: Most Memorable DMX Hit Songs(Pics/Video) by Twelfthman: 8:25am On Apr 10, 2021
I love all DMX songs...
I listen to all his albums...

Rest in peace legend.......

Re: Throw Back: Most Memorable DMX Hit Songs(Pics/Video) by lkillbrokehoes: 8:27am On Apr 10, 2021
You will forever live in our hearts dark man x
Re: Throw Back: Most Memorable DMX Hit Songs(Pics/Video) by kendrick93(m): 8:29am On Apr 10, 2021
Right or Wrong
Re: Throw Back: Most Memorable DMX Hit Songs(Pics/Video) by Beremx(f): 8:31am On Apr 10, 2021
cheesy grin cheesy
Explorers:

Two hands in the air..... You're my sis o.

Will henceforth mind my words grin grin grin
Re: Throw Back: Most Memorable DMX Hit Songs(Pics/Video) by Grandmeister(m): 8:31am On Apr 10, 2021
Explorers:
What these B***** really want, 2020

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0MdAbsd0HmI
Notice how black American women looked so natural and beautiful here? No fake butt silicons
Re: Throw Back: Most Memorable DMX Hit Songs(Pics/Video) by Beremx(f): 8:32am On Apr 10, 2021
vickydevoka:

grin grin
Re: Throw Back: Most Memorable DMX Hit Songs(Pics/Video) by Grandmeister(m): 8:33am On Apr 10, 2021
Explorers:
Party Up(Up in Here), 2000

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=thIVtEOtlWM
When music videos had content. Looked like a mini movie.
Re: Throw Back: Most Memorable DMX Hit Songs(Pics/Video) by dohyn(m): 8:34am On Apr 10, 2021
"One more road to cross, one more risk to take"..

"All I know is pain, all I feel is rain, how can i maintain, with that shit on my brain "

Too many lines man.

I jammed to DMX during socials in sec sch and that 2 year period whilst waiting to pass Jamb... He helped me through that dark period.

To this day, I still jam him..

Rest in peace Dawg.

We'll meet on the other side one day.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Throw Back: Most Memorable DMX Hit Songs(Pics/Video) by chival(f): 8:34am On Apr 10, 2021
Explorers:
Ruff Ryders Anthem 98, was in JSS class. We bought lyrics books, took them to school to mime with portable cassette players.

The stress of getting these songs on cassette then, you had to buy empty cassettes, write down the tracks and pay dj to get the tracks for you.

Wasted money on battery for this cassette player.

Having large posters of your favorites rappers on the wall of your room.

You're a king if you can afford any of the hand carry cd/cassette players in pic 2&3 those days.

Nobody go hear word for the whole street.

RIP DMX
I can relate. I did all that. The 90s were lit. You didn't include Angel in the list of great tracks by DMX. Angel was my best. The lyrics are also nice. Been listening to it again since yesterday.
Re: Throw Back: Most Memorable DMX Hit Songs(Pics/Video) by walkingshadow911: 8:34am On Apr 10, 2021
Godmademan:
The thread is scanty cos indomie generation can't relate

swears dey can't relate o.
guns don kill people, people kill people -dmx 2000
he was the there for us when 2pac was no more.
great lost to east coast and hip-hop in general
Re: Throw Back: Most Memorable DMX Hit Songs(Pics/Video) by bjtinz: 8:35am On Apr 10, 2021
Explorers:
What's my Name, 1999

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FFK5Oh10os

My favorite.

What's my name!

DMX
I be the best/you see the rest/they looking like they NEED a rest!!
Re: Throw Back: Most Memorable DMX Hit Songs(Pics/Video) by Ugandatales: 8:42am On Apr 10, 2021
lastempero:
One more road to cross!!! Dopest!!!

That's definitely one of my favorite from him. "...cats come out spitting, hitting my man and his man, couldn't control what was in his hand..."

1 Like

Re: Throw Back: Most Memorable DMX Hit Songs(Pics/Video) by Mekas2016(m): 8:42am On Apr 10, 2021
Yea
Explorers:
Earl Simmons, the gruff, evocative rapper from Yonkers, N.Y., better known as DMX, died on Friday at 50. He spent his final days on life support at White Plains Hospital in Westchester County after suffering a heart attack on April 2.

DMX was one of the most recognizable M.C.s in the late 1990s and early 2000s, years when hardcore New York rap could still stake a claim as hip-hop’s central concern.

Here are some Dmx top tracks of all time:
Re: Throw Back: Most Memorable DMX Hit Songs(Pics/Video) by Ugandatales: 8:43am On Apr 10, 2021
FatherCHRISTMAS:
There is a particular verse I heard for dmx. I can never forget those verse

You wack, you're twisted, your girl's a ho

You're broke, the kid ain't yours, and everybody know

Your old man say you stupid, you be like, "So?

I love my baby mother, I never let her go

That's from "Party Up."
Re: Throw Back: Most Memorable DMX Hit Songs(Pics/Video) by feeloscar(m): 8:45am On Apr 10, 2021
RIP DMX
Re: Throw Back: Most Memorable DMX Hit Songs(Pics/Video) by GorillaApp(m): 8:45am On Apr 10, 2021
Explorers:
Ruff Ryders Anthem 98, was in JSS class. We bought lyrics books, took them to school to mime with portable cassette players.

The stress of getting these songs on cassette then, you had to buy empty cassettes, write down the tracks and pay dj to get the tracks for you.

Wasted money on battery for this cassette player.

Having large posters of your favorites rappers on the wall of your room.

You're a king if you can afford any of the hand carry cd/cassette players in pic 2&3 those days.

Nobody go hear word for the whole street.

RIP DMX
Wow. Seeing those CD player reminded me of my uniben days (2000). I sleep and dream those CD players that year. They used to call it cobra CD player because of the way the CD player compartment opens up.
Las las I was able to buy one loader deck( CD player).
I felt Like a king then. grin
Dmx was a hit then(1) what these b**tch want from a nigga and the firrst one on your list up there.
I remembered using one of dmx line on a lady in class that year. If looks could kill, I would have been dead by now. She was peering into my notes ( during lectures) and I told her" mind your business lady!" grin
We dey form small hard men that year

2 Likes

Re: Throw Back: Most Memorable DMX Hit Songs(Pics/Video) by Topmaike007(m): 8:46am On Apr 10, 2021
Indomie generation children abeg stay out of here I repeat stay out of here

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Throw Back: Most Memorable DMX Hit Songs(Pics/Video) by feeloscar(m): 8:48am On Apr 10, 2021
Tcwork:
After Tupac is was X. There wouldn't be another rapper with such energy.
And when he prayed, you felt the sincerity, you felt his pains and all his sorrows.
All his life was a constant battle with the darker side. Sliping, falling and trying to get up.
It's all over now. His soul is released. Rest in peace DMX.
Re: Throw Back: Most Memorable DMX Hit Songs(Pics/Video) by Tjiaz(m): 8:49am On Apr 10, 2021
One more road to cross that year.a true legend Rest well DMX
Re: Throw Back: Most Memorable DMX Hit Songs(Pics/Video) by Whitecoal711: 8:51am On Apr 10, 2021
Baba explo dey the game
Re: Throw Back: Most Memorable DMX Hit Songs(Pics/Video) by GorillaApp(m): 8:52am On Apr 10, 2021
vickydevoka:

Now you know say your elders are here. So mind how you talk. In 98 was given admission to uniben and na dmx na im be our anthem that year,played from our cobra deck player.

Cc.beremX

1 Like

Re: Throw Back: Most Memorable DMX Hit Songs(Pics/Video) by captainking(m): 8:53am On Apr 10, 2021
This man was the bomb during my secondary school days.. 1997 to 2003 was a great era foe dmx.. Every youth loved rough riders... We dressed like him and rapped his song
RIP dmx

3 Likes

Re: Throw Back: Most Memorable DMX Hit Songs(Pics/Video) by feeloscar(m): 8:53am On Apr 10, 2021
walkingshadow911:

swears dey can't relate o. guns don kill people, people kill people -dmx 2000 he was the there for us when 2pac was no more. great lost to east coast and hip-hop in general

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Davido's FALL Is Now The Most Viewed Nigerian Music Video On Youtube / 'Logo Benz' Lyrics By Lil Kesh Ft. Olamide / Mavin Records And Don Jazzy’s Impotent Artistes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.