Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,974 members, 7,814,314 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:55 AM

The Right English Word For “K Leg” And Other Facts You Need To Know - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The Right English Word For “K Leg” And Other Facts You Need To Know (54927 Views)

Longest Word In Dictionary And Other Facts You Might Not Know / Graduates Of Benin Republic Universities Can't Write Any English Word -NYSC Dire / Dash: What Is The Correct English Word For Giving One Money Without Taking Back? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Right English Word For “K Leg” And Other Facts You Need To Know by juanmiguel: 2:00pm On Apr 10, 2021
Knock knee is different from k-leg. In K- leg, only 1 leg is bent while both are bent in knock knees
Re: The Right English Word For “K Leg” And Other Facts You Need To Know by RPG2020(m): 2:01pm On Apr 10, 2021
JidennaJason:
Bro, nah bow legs I get oh, that kind David Beckham own. wink

By the way, what's the right English for "Half Past Eye"?

We do call it Gbejero Eye" for Area.
grin

Half past one right word
Re: The Right English Word For “K Leg” And Other Facts You Need To Know by edogu(m): 2:05pm On Apr 10, 2021
robosky02:
The right English word for “K leg” and other facts you need to know

Most Nigerians do call it “K Leg” due to how it’s shaped but it is not actually called “K Legs” or “Bend Bend Legs”.

Today we will not only look into what it is called but know more about “K Leg”.

It’s not called “K Leg” its called Knock Knees

Knock knees or knock knee syndrome is an incorrect alignment in the knee and it can affect people of all ages.

Why its called knock knee?

It’s called knock knee because it’s a condition that makes the knee bend inwards towards each other, therefore causing the knees to “knock” or touch each other.

Does it affect both legs?

In most cases, it affects both legs.

Are knock knees temporal or permanent?

Most children who are born with knock knees do get theirs corrected as they grow up. This normally corrects itself as the child grows up without much medical support. If it persists beyond the age of six then it may be a sign of knock knee syndrome and it could be permanent.

What are the causes of knock knee?

Obesity is one of the causes of knock knee, too much weight can put heavy pressure on the knees and contribute to knock knee.

Other common causes include;

Kidney failure
Metabolic disease
Arthritis on the knee
Bone infection

Rickets is a bone disease that is caused by lack of vitamin D; it’s also a common cause of knock knee.
A congenital condition is a common cause of knock knee; this affects children right before they are born.
Benign bone tumours
Growth plate injury
Fractures that heals with a deformity
Can knock knee be treated?

Yes, it can! Bracing normally works for kids with knock knee; if it fails to work then knee- realignment osteotomy can be done.

Osteotomy is a type of surgery in which the bone is cut and reshaped. Surgery is regarded as the final treatment for stubborn and severe cases of knock knees.

https://neptuneprime.com.ng/2021/02/the-right-english-word-for-k-leg-and-other-facts-you-need-to-know/
It is called 'knock me once, knock me twice'
Re: The Right English Word For “K Leg” And Other Facts You Need To Know by stano2(m): 2:06pm On Apr 10, 2021
Pharaoh4rin:

You mumu die walahi grin
Why exactly do you like bow legs? grin grin
When u dey on top girl with bow legs, the way e dey curve 4 back Sharp

1 Like

Re: The Right English Word For “K Leg” And Other Facts You Need To Know by SweetDipBenny(m): 2:07pm On Apr 10, 2021
Bow leg and k leg which is preferable
Re: The Right English Word For “K Leg” And Other Facts You Need To Know by lexy2014: 2:15pm On Apr 10, 2021
robosky02:

"K-leg" is the right nigerian word for it because when a person with such legs stands upright, both legs form d letter "K".
Re: The Right English Word For “K Leg” And Other Facts You Need To Know by saintbillion(m): 2:23pm On Apr 10, 2021
PrincessB1:
L cheesy Lz

It's called strabismus or simply crossed eyes.
can it be corrected?
Re: The Right English Word For “K Leg” And Other Facts You Need To Know by pocohantas(f): 2:27pm On Apr 10, 2021
Ishilove:

Poco, you that you are very brief and summarized are calling me short? cheesy I'm 5'6 o

See your fellow 5’6 person, can you see where e reach?
Re: The Right English Word For “K Leg” And Other Facts You Need To Know by ruffDiamond: 2:27pm On Apr 10, 2021
RPG2020:

Half past one right word
I know about k,bow,squint,lazy eyes ,dirty eyes and cross eyes,but abeg wetin dem dey call that kind eyes wey appear like say e dey look two different direction at the same time but actually looking at you..I know a dude and one lady like that..other than that,their sights dey 0k o
Re: The Right English Word For “K Leg” And Other Facts You Need To Know by Magnoliaa(f): 2:28pm On Apr 10, 2021
Ishilove:

Poco, you that you are very brief and summarized are calling me short? cheesy I'm 5'6 o

You pipu should sha be competing and oppressing with heights, una hear?

5 ft. 6 ft... watin make me I con do? cry cry

Mschew.
Re: The Right English Word For “K Leg” And Other Facts You Need To Know by Nobody: 2:28pm On Apr 10, 2021
Na u no know we knew a long time ago
Re: The Right English Word For “K Leg” And Other Facts You Need To Know by Ishilove: 2:28pm On Apr 10, 2021
pocohantas:

See your fellow 5’6 person, can you see where e reach?
Camera angle tongue grin
Re: The Right English Word For “K Leg” And Other Facts You Need To Know by Ishilove: 2:29pm On Apr 10, 2021
Magnoliaa:

You pipu should sha be competing and oppressing with heights, una hear?

5 ft. 6 ft... watin make me I con do? cry cry

Mschew.
Oh dear, are you less than 5ft tall?
Re: The Right English Word For “K Leg” And Other Facts You Need To Know by HRSweetness(f): 2:29pm On Apr 10, 2021
JidennaJason:
We learn everyday...

Here in Warri, nah "Kobo Leg" we dey call am.. grin

This is not meant to spite any lady here, but I notice that most Nigeria ladies have this Kobo leg, even Cristiano Ronaldo have it as well.

I love ladies with bow legs sha, Especially when they're on jean or gown, it's kinda sexy cheesy

Kobo leg or bow legs is not same as knocked knees.

Knocked knees starts from the kness, bow legs affects the legs and curves outwardly.
Re: The Right English Word For “K Leg” And Other Facts You Need To Know by HRSweetness(f): 2:31pm On Apr 10, 2021
juanmiguel:
Knock knee is different from k-leg. In K- leg, only 1 leg is bent while both are bent in knock knees

Hahaha.

Not correct though. Knocked knee can be just one or both.
Re: The Right English Word For “K Leg” And Other Facts You Need To Know by Nobody: 2:33pm On Apr 10, 2021
HRSweetness:

Kobo leg or bow legs is not same as knocked knees.

Knocked knees starts from the kness, bow legs affects the legs and curves outwardly.

k.
Re: The Right English Word For “K Leg” And Other Facts You Need To Know by pocohantas(f): 2:33pm On Apr 10, 2021
Ishilove:

Camera angle tongue grin

Dwarf grin grin
Re: The Right English Word For “K Leg” And Other Facts You Need To Know by Magnoliaa(f): 2:38pm On Apr 10, 2021
Ishilove:

Oh dear, are you less than 5ft tall?

grin grin grin grin

I am not as tall as you are sha. I am not saying, lmao. But I'm short in world's people eyes. angry
Re: The Right English Word For “K Leg” And Other Facts You Need To Know by Wronggee(m): 2:39pm On Apr 10, 2021
Normally...... Na full voltage grin grin
JidennaJason:
Unto one or two, we suppose let them know how E dey be for wafftown. cheesy
Re: The Right English Word For “K Leg” And Other Facts You Need To Know by Nobody: 2:43pm On Apr 10, 2021
JidennaJason:

grin

Orsharay, you be old warri oh. Shuu
Re: The Right English Word For “K Leg” And Other Facts You Need To Know by Nobody: 2:49pm On Apr 10, 2021
michaelpop50:

Orsharay, you be old warri oh. Shuu

Wronggee:
Normally...... Na full voltage grin grin

Una know the matters nah.... Na Unto rough characters. cheesy

Vwé Kobiró Oniovo.
Re: The Right English Word For “K Leg” And Other Facts You Need To Know by Favemmzar200(m): 2:50pm On Apr 10, 2021
JidennaJason:

grin
anya eight o clock
Re: The Right English Word For “K Leg” And Other Facts You Need To Know by Wronggee(m): 2:51pm On Apr 10, 2021
I be full area now sho oooo Born and rasied in warri... No be beans oo
JidennaJason:

Una know the matters nah.... Na Unto rough characters. cheesy

Vwé Kobiró Oniovo.
Re: The Right English Word For “K Leg” And Other Facts You Need To Know by Nobody: 2:54pm On Apr 10, 2021
Wronggee:
I be full area now sho oooo Born and rasied in warri... No be beans oo
Nothing do you, your teeth complete... You nor get Ibeké. smiley
Re: The Right English Word For “K Leg” And Other Facts You Need To Know by RuMiRgO1stSon: 3:03pm On Apr 10, 2021
I hate fat bitches with K legs
Re: The Right English Word For “K Leg” And Other Facts You Need To Know by alibiguy: 3:04pm On Apr 10, 2021
JidennaJason:

grin

It's called crossed eyes.
Re: The Right English Word For “K Leg” And Other Facts You Need To Know by ahnie: 3:04pm On Apr 10, 2021
purpleicious:

It's called squinted eyes.
Noted purple...thanks
Re: The Right English Word For “K Leg” And Other Facts You Need To Know by Obarofrederick(m): 3:11pm On Apr 10, 2021
Warri boys in da building... Nothing do una, na we dey run am... We know this matter na cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Right English Word For “K Leg” And Other Facts You Need To Know by PrincessB1(f): 3:20pm On Apr 10, 2021
saintbillion:
can it be corrected?
Sure.

Strabismus is caused when the six muscles that control the eyes fails to comply and work together as a team.

If detected early in childhood, simply cover the better eye up by designing a patch for the better eye.
The child will have to wear the patch for a while, it will in turn strengthen the eye muscle which will improve the function of the crossed or squint eye.

The other way in which it can be corrected includes:
Wearing corrective contact lens or prism lens.

Injecting botox injection specifically made to strengthen the affected eye muscle.

Surgery to correct the affected muscle for proper eye muscle alignment.
Re: The Right English Word For “K Leg” And Other Facts You Need To Know by Nobody: 3:26pm On Apr 10, 2021
PrincessB1:

Sure.

Strabismus is caused when the six muscles that control the eyes fails to comply and work together as a team.

If detected early in childhood, simply cover the better eye up by designing a patch for the better eye.
The child will have to wear the patch for a while, it will in turn strengthen the eye muscle which will improve the function of the crossed or squint eye.

The other way in which it can be corrected includes:
Wearing corrective contact lens or prism lens.

Injecting botox injection specifically made to strengthen the affected eye muscle.

Surgery to correct the affected muscle for proper eye muscle alignment.
Seems you're an optician or "Eye witness" cheesy

Still learning from you though.
Re: The Right English Word For “K Leg” And Other Facts You Need To Know by nnamdico82: 3:34pm On Apr 10, 2021
All na same same, so far its still has K, knock kneels
robosky02:

Most Nigerians do call it “K Leg” due to how it’s shaped but it is not actually called “K Legs” or “Bend Bend Legs”.

Today we will not only look into what it is called but know more about “K Leg”.

It’s not called “K Leg” its called Knock Knees

Knock knees or knock knee syndrome is an incorrect alignment in the knee and it can affect people of all ages.

Why its called knock knee?

It’s called knock knee because it’s a condition that makes the knee bend inwards towards each other, therefore causing the knees to “knock” or touch each other.

Does it affect both legs?

In most cases, it affects both legs.

Are knock knees temporal or permanent?

Most children who are born with knock knees do get theirs corrected as they grow up. This normally corrects itself as the child grows up without much medical support. If it persists beyond the age of six then it may be a sign of knock knee syndrome and it could be permanent.

What are the causes of knock knee?

Obesity is one of the causes of knock knee, too much weight can put heavy pressure on the knees and contribute to knock knee.

Other common causes include;

Kidney failure
Metabolic disease
Arthritis on the knee
Bone infection

Rickets is a bone disease that is caused by lack of vitamin D; it’s also a common cause of knock knee.
A congenital condition is a common cause of knock knee; this affects children right before they are born.
Benign bone tumours
Growth plate injury
Fractures that heals with a deformity
Can knock knee be treated?

Yes, it can! Bracing normally works for kids with knock knee; if it fails to work then knee- realignment osteotomy can be done.

Osteotomy is a type of surgery in which the bone is cut and reshaped. Surgery is regarded as the final treatment for stubborn and severe cases of knock knees.

https://neptuneprime.com.ng/2021/02/the-right-english-word-for-k-leg-and-other-facts-you-need-to-know/

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

CGPA Of OAU Best Graduating Engineering Students From 1987 / Two Nigerian Students Sent To Study Abroad Welcome A New Baby. Photos / Adire Now School Uniform In Ogun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.