Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,207 members, 7,822,068 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:32 AM

What Language Do I Need To Learn For Software Development? - Programming (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / What Language Do I Need To Learn For Software Development? (16444 Views)

What Programming Language Do I Need To Learn And Master Frontend Web Development / Help!!!. What Language Is Best For Developing A Payment App. / What Programming Language Do I Need To Create App (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Language Do I Need To Learn For Software Development? by ReluctantAdult(m): 3:03pm On Apr 12, 2021
Can you think computationally? If no...forget programming. No be by programming language.
Re: What Language Do I Need To Learn For Software Development? by Duplexxx: 3:05pm On Apr 12, 2021
So you want to tell us say you never find any language by now

Nawa o

You don ask Hausa man

You don ask Igbo man

You don ask Yoruba man

Make you ask dem o

1 Like

Re: What Language Do I Need To Learn For Software Development? by captainamiedi1: 3:05pm On Apr 12, 2021
you have started python, why not finish it?? must you jump from one language to another without a knowledge of one? if you understands python, it will be easy to navigate around other languages. i started with javascript, i later learn php. i am currently learn python though not actively because i barely have time. just take it easy. software development is too large to try learning everything at once

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Language Do I Need To Learn For Software Development? by dometome: 3:07pm On Apr 12, 2021
gimakon2:
1.) First of all , learn something that is in Vogue. Not just because you are a C++ Dev or whatever you think there are jobs everywhere.
2.) Have a Drive.

Whats in Vogue now, is Python and React native if you can learn it , best for u.
is React native a language?
Re: What Language Do I Need To Learn For Software Development? by gimakon2(m): 3:08pm On Apr 12, 2021
dometome:
is React native a language?
Javascript = Language
React native = Framework

Just incase you looking for who to insult now. E no day hard u.

5 Likes

Re: What Language Do I Need To Learn For Software Development? by Angelawhite(m): 3:09pm On Apr 12, 2021
LeopardX:
I'll be 25 this year. Can I still learn computer programming at my age?

I became a professional software developer at 29. It took less than 6 months boot camp for me to become a junior developer and get hired . Some people start learning programming at 40.

To answer your question, YES

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Language Do I Need To Learn For Software Development? by Skillsnigeria: 3:10pm On Apr 12, 2021
grin hmmm
Re: What Language Do I Need To Learn For Software Development? by kennykruzmason: 3:11pm On Apr 12, 2021
just run away from programming if you don't have patience and endurance

2 Likes

Re: What Language Do I Need To Learn For Software Development? by dometome: 3:11pm On Apr 12, 2021
gimakon2:

Javascript = Language
React native = Framework

Just incase you looking for who to insult now. E no day hard u.
did I insult you?
Re: What Language Do I Need To Learn For Software Development? by bigtt76(f): 3:12pm On Apr 12, 2021
Begin with simple html and CSS then gradually move on to others after deciding whether you want to be a frontend or backend developer.

Lordsagna:
hi, I'm a newbie in programming without any prior knowledge....my interest is software development.. I've started learning python what other language do I need c++ or Java ?

1 Like

Re: What Language Do I Need To Learn For Software Development? by Incognito403: 3:14pm On Apr 12, 2021
LeopardX:
I started learning html at around your age. Three years later I'd built several apps and made millions.

Today, I'm thinking even higher.

Long story short; it's not too late, at all.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Language Do I Need To Learn For Software Development? by TundeChris: 3:21pm On Apr 12, 2021
LeopardX:

I know someone who started at 47....

Never compare yourself to anyone

6 Likes

Re: What Language Do I Need To Learn For Software Development? by SirLakes: 3:25pm On Apr 12, 2021
jimmyolasun:
Fulfude or native Greek. But when I started, I learnt ijebu before proceeding to egba language.. peace

Werey grin grin

2 Likes

Re: What Language Do I Need To Learn For Software Development? by dragunov: 3:29pm On Apr 12, 2021
Lordsagna:
hi, I'm a newbie in programming without any prior knowledge....my interest is software development.. I've started learning python what other language do I need c++ or Java ?

Spanish and Japanese will make it more convenient for you my guy.

2 Likes

Re: What Language Do I Need To Learn For Software Development? by SirLakes: 3:29pm On Apr 12, 2021
Continue with your python, dive deep.... You can do almost anything with it.

2 Likes

Re: What Language Do I Need To Learn For Software Development? by Nobody: 3:29pm On Apr 12, 2021
Lordsagna:

can one know JavaScript without HTML and CSS?

It is possible but i would never recommend it

Start with HTML and CSS, css is the fun part. If you start with JS(Javascript), you will lose interest and start exploring other options. Happened to me.

I would suggest you become a master at one language then the others will come easily.

The future is the web, so if you are super good at JS, then React, Angular, Vue and other native apps will be so easy at your fingertips thus making you able to create web and mobile apps super easily. And you will never lack freelance work as long as you put your work out there.

2 Likes

Re: What Language Do I Need To Learn For Software Development? by IMAliyu(m): 3:30pm On Apr 12, 2021
Lordsagna:
Been learning Java, but python is looking more and more attractive these days. Because of its relatively simpler code and versatility for both software and web design.

2 Likes

Re: What Language Do I Need To Learn For Software Development? by hakeemhakeem(m): 3:32pm On Apr 12, 2021
Naijatask:
The question should be, why do you want to become a software engineer? Is it for a hobby? Or to increase your chances of getting employed? Or to create a product which will solve problems?

Well, if it's 1 And 3, then you should make research and if it's to get employed, then be ready to go on a long journey.

There are various aspects of software engineering like web development, mobile development, enterprise software engineering, data science and Artificial intelligence.

If you're diving into mobile development, then using Java or kotlin as a programming language to develop android apps, and using Swift to develop IOS apps.

And if it's web development, then learning react or angular as a front end framework and using a framework like bootstrap or materialize to back it up (I won't even mention HTML, CSS or JavaScript as those should be obvious to you already that you must know them before learning the aforementioned frameworks above).

Then you still have to learn either Python,php, node js or java as a back end language. And don't forget, you'll still need to learn a database language like my SQL or mongo dB.

Then you'll learn how to deploy a website's to the internet. Did I forget you'll need to learn how to test for bugs after completing your web app before deploying it? (PS: all these are needed, if you wish to be employed, else most of them are not needed if you want to become a freelancer).

As for enterprise software development, you'll be needing languages such as java, c++, c#.

As for both data science and artificial intelligence, you'll need to learn Python algorithm.

So, welcome to the frustrated guys club, where we get headache over a closing parentheses we forgot to insert at the end of the program cheesy

it not funny PARENTHESIS shown me sege if i finished using right another error left parenthesis

3 Likes

Re: What Language Do I Need To Learn For Software Development? by bluefilm: 3:33pm On Apr 12, 2021
Lordsagna:

I wanted to say you should learn German but since German is a hardcore language and you want to develop software, I will suggest you learn Spanish because Spanish is soft-werk. grin

2 Likes

Re: What Language Do I Need To Learn For Software Development? by jasperskiddo(m): 3:35pm On Apr 12, 2021
HTML CSS JavaScript Python React JS Angular JS Type Script MySQL Mono gdb e.t.c
Re: What Language Do I Need To Learn For Software Development? by Demogorgon(m): 3:36pm On Apr 12, 2021
Phase 1 - HTML Phase 2 - CSS Phase 3 - JavaScript Phase 4 - Git/ Linux Phase 5 - React Phase 6 - Node Phase 7 - Express Phase 8 - Mongo{or MySQL}

2 Likes

Re: What Language Do I Need To Learn For Software Development? by SaintBeehot(m): 3:37pm On Apr 12, 2021
BigDawsNet:
The 9 Best Programming Languages to Learn in 2021

JavaScript

Java

C#

PHP

Finally

RUBY

Find yourself a good school and do not be lazy about your constant tutorial
which schools do you recommend.
Re: What Language Do I Need To Learn For Software Development? by Ramos16(m): 3:41pm On Apr 12, 2021
Yoruba

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: What Language Do I Need To Learn For Software Development? by Waaaaat: 3:43pm On Apr 12, 2021
Odogwunaeast:

Igbo language

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaat!!! This so serious.

You must be joking.. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Language Do I Need To Learn For Software Development? by Mrlcredible: 3:47pm On Apr 12, 2021
LeopardX:
nonsense question
Re: What Language Do I Need To Learn For Software Development? by Mrlcredible: 3:49pm On Apr 12, 2021
Incognito403:

I started learning html at around your age. Three years later I'd built several apps and made millions.

Today, I'm thinking even higher.

Long story short; it's not too late, at all.
chai see lie.
audio millions

2 Likes

Re: What Language Do I Need To Learn For Software Development? by Mrlcredible: 3:50pm On Apr 12, 2021
Ramos16:
Yoruba
grin grin
Re: What Language Do I Need To Learn For Software Development? by ManOfCompetence(m): 3:51pm On Apr 12, 2021
Lordsagna:
Please how are you learning? I'm also a newbie but I'm finding it difficult...
Re: What Language Do I Need To Learn For Software Development? by barragan: 3:57pm On Apr 12, 2021
Karleb:

What kind of software are you talking about?

If it's web applications, then the other one that is needed is Javascript.

There are Frameworks (Spring) that will work just fine for a language like Java as well.
Re: What Language Do I Need To Learn For Software Development? by barragan: 4:00pm On Apr 12, 2021
Lordsagna:

Python is a very good place to start. Finish that one.

1 Like

Re: What Language Do I Need To Learn For Software Development? by Petersamuel8(m): 4:03pm On Apr 12, 2021
I am currently leaning python, I think it's high time I switch to JavaScript, python is too logical for my liking

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Learn How To Build A Desktop Software Using PYTHON – Tutorial On Nairaland / Is C# Better Than C/C++? / The Importance Of Software Testing And Not Just Software Programming

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.