Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,025 members, 7,814,506 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:00 PM

Cost Of Living In UK Compared To Nigeria (Photos) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Cost Of Living In UK Compared To Nigeria (Photos) (80474 Views)

Xenophobia: S’African Envoy Meets Buhari, Apologizes To Nigeria (Photos) / El-Zakzaky: Religious Movement Or A Military State Within Nigeria? (Photos, Vide / Theresa May's Visit To Nigeria (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cost Of Living In UK Compared To Nigeria (Photos) by Lordgel7: 10:03am On Apr 11, 2021
glacswhite:

u wanna do bet9ja?
No sir. I'm a believer, I don't do betting. Please help me
Re: Cost Of Living In UK Compared To Nigeria (Photos) by CheedyJ(m): 11:12am On Apr 11, 2021
TrickorTreat:
Cute kittens for sale.. kiss
You mean cute pussies for sale
Re: Cost Of Living In UK Compared To Nigeria (Photos) by nenyeRitta(f): 7:52pm On May 16, 2021
no matter how expensive, people are sure still making it over there, esp Nigerian s
Re: Cost Of Living In UK Compared To Nigeria (Photos) by Bodyodour: 7:54pm On May 16, 2021
Una don start una stupid comparison

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Living In UK Compared To Nigeria (Photos) by wunmi590(m): 7:55pm On May 16, 2021
undecided

If you can't cope with the situation over there, then come back home.... Nonsense
Re: Cost Of Living In UK Compared To Nigeria (Photos) by UncleKoboko: 7:56pm On May 16, 2021
anthonyuncle:
i sick and tired of nigerians abroad complaining of how living over there is very expensive.

these guys that complain are the worst type of hypocrites.
they are always complaining and putting up posts to discourage others from seeking greener pastures abroad but they will refuse to return to Nigeria

i pity people that take their words to heart.

life is expensive there - yes, but the standard of living is way more better.

they earn enough to cover these expenses and still enjoy life. yet they use posts like the above to discourage others.

rubbish

Don't mind the fool. He thinks we are ignorant of all those facts.
He should come home or he should let us swap grin

3 Likes

Re: Cost Of Living In UK Compared To Nigeria (Photos) by NamelessOGBENI(m): 7:56pm On May 16, 2021
GraGra247:
On the brighter side they make up to 10 times the money people make in 9ja for the same job or labor.
They want us to stay put here but we'll leave this country soon...

We go dey table our analysis down once we cross to the other side...
As for OP, continue with your vibes and kilishi sprinkled with gishiri....
Re: Cost Of Living In UK Compared To Nigeria (Photos) by biggie73(m): 7:57pm On May 16, 2021
That's a wicked comparison. You compare issues with similar features. Like UK and US or Japan.
Re: Cost Of Living In UK Compared To Nigeria (Photos) by Casper21: 7:57pm On May 16, 2021
This is an absurd comparison. They earn more in the UK and such they are able to pay for the services and still have some savings.

2 Likes

Re: Cost Of Living In UK Compared To Nigeria (Photos) by Benrosaria(m): 7:57pm On May 16, 2021
GraGra247:
On the brighter side they make up to 10 times the money people make in 9ja for the same job or labor.

Good point you made here, in addition the best saying for this is- cut your coat according to your size
Re: Cost Of Living In UK Compared To Nigeria (Photos) by Enyimbamercedes: 7:57pm On May 16, 2021
Omasoro Ovie is just an idiot with that stupid cap on his head

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Living In UK Compared To Nigeria (Photos) by Angelfrost(m): 7:57pm On May 16, 2021
What kind of an idiot compares costs using currencies that are not on the same level... And without even showing us standards of living in both nations!

Since when did Nigeria have a comparable standard of living, economy, GDP to UK that we now claim the latter is more expensive??!...

This is the comparison of a dunce!!! undecided

4 Likes

Re: Cost Of Living In UK Compared To Nigeria (Photos) by avrilwisedata: 7:58pm On May 16, 2021
Hmm
Re: Cost Of Living In UK Compared To Nigeria (Photos) by sonnie10: 7:58pm On May 16, 2021
dood
Re: Cost Of Living In UK Compared To Nigeria (Photos) by RuddyFusion(m): 7:59pm On May 16, 2021
Nonsense comparison....the currency not the same the value not the same and the environment not same

After ALLL you so called expenses , you will still have enough to send home , and save so why compare?

2 Likes

Re: Cost Of Living In UK Compared To Nigeria (Photos) by ChiefSosa(m): 7:59pm On May 16, 2021
HUSTLE OO OR ELSE YOU GO COME JOIN ME DEY LOAD MY KABU KABU

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Living In UK Compared To Nigeria (Photos) by ednut1(m): 8:00pm On May 16, 2021
Minimum wage per hour in uk is what
Re: Cost Of Living In UK Compared To Nigeria (Photos) by Casper21: 8:00pm On May 16, 2021
This exchange nonsense u guys do to justify things that are expensive is absurd. UK has its own currency and value same as Nigeria naira.

2 Likes

Re: Cost Of Living In UK Compared To Nigeria (Photos) by Farki: 8:00pm On May 16, 2021
360degreess:
..Who told you that?..I believe the OP was thinking just the way you are thinking until travel over there himself.Now he understands the reality.

Minimum wage in the UK is 19000 pounds, that's nine million naira. Some of our Nigerian big men aren't earning up to the UK minimum wage and you want to talk.

Even at that rate of rent the man takes home 12000 pounds which is five million naira a year.

3 Likes

Re: Cost Of Living In UK Compared To Nigeria (Photos) by adonainana: 8:00pm On May 16, 2021
Shejej
Re: Cost Of Living In UK Compared To Nigeria (Photos) by ThatFairGuy: 8:01pm On May 16, 2021
You also make the money from your job. Ultimately, it'll be thesame with whoever is living in Nigeria.

The best is to work online abroad while one lives in Nigeria. This kinds job is rare though

2 Likes

Re: Cost Of Living In UK Compared To Nigeria (Photos) by omopapa: 8:02pm On May 16, 2021
Do am if e easy grin
Re: Cost Of Living In UK Compared To Nigeria (Photos) by timesup234: 8:02pm On May 16, 2021
Do people still travel to UK in 2021? Borno state is better than UK. Only fools reside there
Re: Cost Of Living In UK Compared To Nigeria (Photos) by Casper21: 8:02pm On May 16, 2021
anybody that say living in Nigeria is better than US or UK doesn't have the foresight to be there

3 Likes

Re: Cost Of Living In UK Compared To Nigeria (Photos) by DesChyko: 8:02pm On May 16, 2021
Nonsense. angry

My friend was working while on a video call with me for about 2 hours. We were actually catching up while he worked.
At that leisurely pace, he already bagged £250 for just today. Note that this isn't part of his income targets for the week. He was just bored at home amd decided to do some hours. This isn't even his dream hustle.
We even spoke about him changing his two vehicles for newer ones soon.

Nonsense. angry

By the way, £250 is #150,000.

Nonsense. angry

3 Likes

Re: Cost Of Living In UK Compared To Nigeria (Photos) by onuman: 8:02pm On May 16, 2021
blamingthedevil:
"UK is expensive abeg. Imagine charging my Naija homeboy N270k a month for this face_Me &_face_You with shared toilet and bathroom. The Landlady said no roommate is allowed or girlfriend living with you. Also this 5kg gas [Camera via@ValiantNig,] is N1,800 in Lagos but N18k in the UK"

https://mobile.twitter.com/OvieNews/status/1380899354576359430

Minimum pay for one hour’s job is about N5,000 in the UK. This is for the type of laborer job available everywhere and begging for people to do.

Minimum pay for a laborer in Nigeria per hour is about N350.

You don’t even find job in Nigeria.
All these Nigerian voodoo economists and economic migrants to the UK; now compare and contrast cost of living between the UK and Nigeria.

What holds you back from returning to enjoy Nigeria?

5 Likes

Re: Cost Of Living In UK Compared To Nigeria (Photos) by adonainana: 8:03pm On May 16, 2021
Farki:

Minimum wage in the UK is 19000 pounds, that's nine million naira. Some of our Nigerian big men aren't earning up to the UK minimum wage and you want to talk.

Even at that rate of rent the man takes home 12000 pounds which is five million naira a year.

So the income after tax of 12,000 a year after deducting rent of 800 pounds a month that’s 9600 a year
Other stuff as food etc has not be deducted

In the end he might be left with £50 to send back to Nigeria which is less than 30,000 naira

4 Likes

Re: Cost Of Living In UK Compared To Nigeria (Photos) by MoIbrahim: 8:03pm On May 16, 2021
Cost only? Nonsense!

How about standard of living?

How about earnings per hour?

blamingthedevil:
"UK is expensive abeg. Imagine charging my Naija homeboy N270k a month for this face_Me &_face_You with shared toilet and bathroom. The Landlady said no roommate is allowed or girlfriend living with you. Also this 5kg gas [Camera via@ValiantNig,] is N1,800 in Lagos but N18k in the UK"

Re: Cost Of Living In UK Compared To Nigeria (Photos) by Golan007: 8:04pm On May 16, 2021
Mindlog:
The comparison makes no sense.

I am heading to the UK for postgraduate studies and I will be sharing a 3 bedroom house with 2 other students, my estimated monthly rent (bills inclusive.......electricity, gas, water, internet, washing machine) will be about £500 which is around N336, 000 (AbokiFx) and by calculations, 2 weeks wages from the intended part time jobs will comfortably pay for the rent......the guy should stop whinning and return back to Nigeria.

Which 2 weeks wages?
Re: Cost Of Living In UK Compared To Nigeria (Photos) by Lastmankc(m): 8:04pm On May 16, 2021
blamingthedevil:

Oga,come back make another person go.You guys we just be complaining and still you won't come back .
Re: Cost Of Living In UK Compared To Nigeria (Photos) by WelcomeToBiafra: 8:04pm On May 16, 2021
anthonyuncle:
i sick and tired of nigerians abroad complaining of how living over there is very expensive.

these guys that complain are the worst type of hypocrites.
they are always complaining and putting up posts to discourage others from seeking greener pastures abroad but they will refuse to return to Nigeria

i pity people that take their words to heart.

life is expensive there - yes, but the standard of living is way more better.

they earn enough to cover these expenses and still enjoy life. yet they use posts like the above to discourage others.

rubbish

All the one nigerianists propaganda are coming to an end as Biafra restoration is around the corner.
Re: Cost Of Living In UK Compared To Nigeria (Photos) by shopwiser: 8:05pm On May 16, 2021
Dont ever go to yankee and be converting back to Naira.. use your currency accordingly and only convert when you wanna send money back...cos e get why.. soap is like 5pounds or even 10 pounds.. ok convert 10 pounds and see how much is one soap in uk converting to Naira equivalent... So just live life jeje and stop discouraging others

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Peter Obi Breaks Down In Tears During Press Conference / "The North Never Told Us They Do Not Like Suffering And Poverty" - Fani Kayode / #endsars: What Obasanjo Told Buhari At Virtual Meeting - Fani-kayode Reveals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.