Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,879 members, 7,813,993 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:41 PM

Cost Of Living In UK Compared To Nigeria (Photos) - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Cost Of Living In UK Compared To Nigeria (Photos) (80460 Views)

Xenophobia: S’African Envoy Meets Buhari, Apologizes To Nigeria (Photos) / El-Zakzaky: Religious Movement Or A Military State Within Nigeria? (Photos, Vide / Theresa May's Visit To Nigeria (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cost Of Living In UK Compared To Nigeria (Photos) by ephbe(m): 9:42pm On May 16, 2021
You are missing the point, truly they can afford it but what remains after taking out the bills is nothing to write home about, in order to correct this, they settle for less and try as much as possible to cut down on expenses.
Now this isnt a problem, the problem is the fact that Nigerians always think the land is totally green and they ultimately pluck dollars or pounds on the tree, they ask and ask whereas in the real sense, you lots live way better. These people do the most menial jobs just to make the little they make.

anthonyuncle:
i sick and tired of nigerians abroad complaining of how living over there is very expensive.

these guys that complain are the worst type of hypocrites.
they are always complaining and putting up posts to discourage others from seeking greener pastures abroad but they will refuse to return to Nigeria

i pity people that take their words to heart.

life is expensive there - yes, but the standard of living is way more better.

they earn enough to cover these expenses and still enjoy life. yet they use posts like the above to discourage others.

rubbish

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cost Of Living In UK Compared To Nigeria (Photos) by Achz(m): 9:43pm On May 16, 2021
It's easier to make 270k in Uk than to make 10k in Nigeria

3 Likes

Re: Cost Of Living In UK Compared To Nigeria (Photos) by Tajbol4splend(m): 9:44pm On May 16, 2021
GraGra247:
On the brighter side they make up to 10 times the money people make in 9ja for the same job or labor.

My friend schooling in Germany makes €3000 per month
Re: Cost Of Living In UK Compared To Nigeria (Photos) by ephbe(m): 9:44pm On May 16, 2021
where did you get your figures from, £450 a month where, and are you telling me thats all?

here:
I do not understand why some always compare
The economy is different and not same currency even.
Minimum wage per hour is 8.91 so 45hrs per week you get 1600GBP per month and your spending just around 450GBP for accommodation and complaining? Well you have 1000 to play around though not sure about tax rate and you can do extra hours. How much percentage of your pay were you expecting to save before? All of it? Try come home to do same cleaning work and see if you can afford a studio in decent location like you have
Re: Cost Of Living In UK Compared To Nigeria (Photos) by EmekaBlue(m): 9:50pm On May 16, 2021
The room be like hotel. In Nigeria u pay more sef for dirty room in city places
Re: Cost Of Living In UK Compared To Nigeria (Photos) by SanctifiedSista(f): 9:53pm On May 16, 2021
zolajpower:

Oga go buy OSU and take a short daily then go and check your sugar level diabetic don finish .
who' sells it in the mkt?
Re: Cost Of Living In UK Compared To Nigeria (Photos) by ephbe(m): 9:56pm On May 16, 2021
Minimum wage is 8.91
Standard hrs/week (37.5 x 4wks) = £1336/month
Cheapest accommodation you'll get in London (not council flat) = £800/month
(You may get cheaper if you are lucky to find shared accommodation)

Other bills left to pay = Council tax, telephone bill, water, electricity, TV license, maybe credit card, feeding, transportation

What do you all think would remain after taking out those bills MONTHLY.

Yes opportunities abound in UK but most people overseas would rather live in Nigeria if only they had such or even a slightly lesser opportunities.

There is a saying in the UK that "Everything you earn has a way of going back to the Govt"

Ohhh by the way, I did not factor in 25% tax and national insurance which has to be deducted from your salary monthly

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Living In UK Compared To Nigeria (Photos) by Ernesthugo(m): 10:00pm On May 16, 2021
Lordgel7:
Somebody should help me please. I'm broke right now. I need just 500 naira to pay transport to my workplace. 2111385104 UBA..(E.G.L). GOD BLESS THE GIVER.
SPORT BET
Re: Cost Of Living In UK Compared To Nigeria (Photos) by vannie21: 10:05pm On May 16, 2021
ephbe:
Minimum wage is 8.91

Other bills left to pay = Council tax, telephone bill, water, electricity, TV license, maybe credit card, feeding, transportation

Yes opportunities abound in UK but most people overseas would rather live in Nigeria if only they had such or even a slightly lesser opportunities.

There is a saying in the UK that "Everything you earn has a way of going back to the Govt"

Ohhh by the way, I did not factor in 25% tax and national insurance which has to be deducted from your salary monthly
is London the only city in UK?...Minimum jobs in London pays higher..your calculation is wrong...am presently in UK.. I totally disagree with u
Re: Cost Of Living In UK Compared To Nigeria (Photos) by Stonecoldstare1: 10:12pm On May 16, 2021
��� *Another version is here*

*Mini Importation Training V5*

*What will you learn for just a one time fee of one thousand naira*

MINI IMPORTATION THE SIX FIGURES GOLDMINE BUSINESS

*In my Mini importation VIP class:*

✅You will learn how to start mini Importation with your phone at the comfort of your home *with little or no capital at all! And start making 6 figures*

✅I will teach you *how to import your first products, market them* and make 60% profits on them all

✅ How to *get FREE‼️ phones and tablets* from Chinese suppliers�

✅How to know what products to buy and what not to buy and how to avoid been scammed.

✅ *Mistakes to avoid* as a beginner in mini importation

✅How to import with or without the use of an agent.�

✅You will learn the secret way that made one of my student *N30,000 for *FREE*‼️even before she started importing�

Is that all?! No

✅Not only that. I will give out some *5 FREE‼️ ebooks on marketing strategies and e-commerce business worth of 30k*

https:///DsZSKZiuJvU90NtgYUqzTF
Re: Cost Of Living In UK Compared To Nigeria (Photos) by Kay25(m): 10:13pm On May 16, 2021
Please come back home and let others who won't complain take your place
Re: Cost Of Living In UK Compared To Nigeria (Photos) by neyohh: 10:19pm On May 16, 2021
ephbe:
Minimum wage is 8.91

From the way you write, you definitely live abroad and you're stating the facts.

The only Nigerians enjoying abroad are professionals, the rest are just getting by.

Cat a .. professionals.. good income, bigger bills.

Cat b blue collar workers... Need extra hustle to meet up.

Cat c.. illegal immigrants... Poverty, stress, unsettled.

Cat d.. fraudsters... Loaded, usually ends up in prison.
grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cost Of Living In UK Compared To Nigeria (Photos) by Hassanmaye(m): 10:19pm On May 16, 2021
PlayerMeji:
He has forgotten that he didn't suffer to get himself these jobs where he was able to cough up 270k monthly.

Here in Nigeria, to get a money transfer booth to work for, you must know someone who knows someone.
Haha
Re: Cost Of Living In UK Compared To Nigeria (Photos) by zinaunreal(m): 10:28pm On May 16, 2021
If eh like make eh expensive am coming there
Re: Cost Of Living In UK Compared To Nigeria (Photos) by Ilerioluwa02: 10:29pm On May 16, 2021
Yes, cos the naira has a very weak value.
Re: Cost Of Living In UK Compared To Nigeria (Photos) by Farki: 10:46pm On May 16, 2021
neyohh:

Where you see 9 million?

Minimum wage is border line poverty, it's worse when you live in big cities like London.

Abroad is hard asf unless you get a great job , like bus analyst, project manager, software, doctor etc.

Even at that if you don't manage your funds properly, you'll just have very little left.

Yep Nigeria is actually better for wealthy people than abroad despite the lower standard of living because your fund's go farther, but that depends on how much more inflation devastates Nigeria.

So yes most Diaspora will move home if they're loaded enough .

And many Nigerians live in actual poverty, can Nigeria's minimum wage alone allow you to have the same standard of living in Lagos? A doctor in Nigeria earns what a bus driver earns abroad while the bus driver has access to public works we don't have here.

See what you didn't add is Nigeria is better for wealthy people who earn stable foreign currency which is a small minority of Nigerians.

Your post just solidifies Nigeria's pitiable state as a small boy who squandered it's best chance at greatness.
Re: Cost Of Living In UK Compared To Nigeria (Photos) by Blavas(m): 10:52pm On May 16, 2021
Y not come back to 9 ja and tell us how expensive it is ova dere
Re: Cost Of Living In UK Compared To Nigeria (Photos) by bull67: 11:01pm On May 16, 2021
any nigerian living in london and complaining about the high cost of living is an idiot. i live in scotland, i take home close to 30k per anum and my rent is 450 a month. it only take me 10 mins to work. if you live in manchester leeds, birminham, scotland you will enjoy life there. and they are lot of nigerians living there too. i beg leave london jare.
Re: Cost Of Living In UK Compared To Nigeria (Photos) by neyohh: 11:02pm On May 16, 2021
Farki:

And many Nigerians live in actual poverty, can Nigeria's minimum wage alone allow you to have the same standard of living in Lagos? A doctor in Nigeria earns what a bus driver earns abroad while the bus driver has access to public works we don't have here.

See what you didn't add is Nigeria is better for wealthy people who earn stable foreign currency which is a small minority of Nigerians.

Your post just solidifies Nigeria's pitiable state as a small boy who squandered it's best chance at greatness.

We are saying the same thing in different ways.

I gave you the cons and pros of abroad, not as rosy as people make it out to be.

Yes Nigeria is terrible for the average Nigerian and incredibly awesome for the wealthy.
Re: Cost Of Living In UK Compared To Nigeria (Photos) by Thereishel: 11:07pm On May 16, 2021
blamingthedevil:
"UK is expensive abeg. Imagine charging my Naija homeboy N270k a month for this face_Me &_face_You with shared toilet and bathroom. The Landlady said no roommate is allowed or girlfriend living with you. Also this 5kg gas [Camera via@ValiantNig,] is N1,800 in Lagos but N18k in the UK"

Have you ever consider income on UK to Nigeria before you consider expenses of both countries?

https://mobile.twitter.com/OvieNews/status/1380899354576359430
Re: Cost Of Living In UK Compared To Nigeria (Photos) by Thereishel: 11:08pm On May 16, 2021
blamingthedevil:
"UK is expensive abeg. Imagine charging my Naija homeboy N270k a month for this face_Me &_face_You with shared toilet and bathroom. The Landlady said no roommate is allowed or girlfriend living with you. Also this 5kg gas [Camera via@ValiantNig,] is N1,800 in Lagos but N18k in the UK"

Have you ever consider income on UK to Nigeria before you consider expenses of both countries?

Re: Cost Of Living In UK Compared To Nigeria (Photos) by LikeAking: 11:20pm On May 16, 2021
tHE land lady dey mad.
Re: Cost Of Living In UK Compared To Nigeria (Photos) by Ayatdeen(m): 11:21pm On May 16, 2021
He must be from the North.
Re: Cost Of Living In UK Compared To Nigeria (Photos) by hosemujica: 11:23pm On May 16, 2021
All these people saying it can't be that bad are usually the first to turn to scam when they get there, because they don't see any other way out of the rat race.

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Living In UK Compared To Nigeria (Photos) by Lekan239(m): 11:28pm On May 16, 2021
GraGra247:
On the brighter side they make up to 10 times the money people make in 9ja for the same job or labor.
Cost of Living in Nigeria
Select city in Nigeria:

Summary:

Family of four estimated monthly costs are 632,992.45₦ without rent.
A single person estimated monthly costs are 175,269.97₦ without rent.
Cost of living in Nigeria is, on average, 59.45% lower than in United States.
Rent in Nigeria is, on average, 22.79% lower than in United States.

So whats the different, they earn more and spend more

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Living In UK Compared To Nigeria (Photos) by owila4luv(m): 11:30pm On May 16, 2021
Cone back to Naija and leave a cheap life, just ensure to swap your passport please
Re: Cost Of Living In UK Compared To Nigeria (Photos) by hosemujica: 11:30pm On May 16, 2021
adonainana:

So the income after tax of 12,000 a year after deducting rent of 800 pounds a month that’s 9600 a year
Other stuff as food etc has not be deducted

In the end he might be left with £50 to send back to Nigeria which is less than 30,000 naira

Guy what is your problem, don't you know Nigerian are above tax. Don't mention tax here as anything a Nigerian earns abroad goes to their pocket, God punish tax.
Re: Cost Of Living In UK Compared To Nigeria (Photos) by bigtt76(f): 11:42pm On May 16, 2021
Your currency makes it look expensive. 18k naira is like 26 pounds. Just like your 1k8 naira buys you lunch at a moderate restaurant, same way 26 pounds would get you a chow from a moderate restaurant in the UK.

270k naira is like 397 pounds and gets his friend the accommodation type for that value same way 397 naira would get you similar board in Nigeria (if it actually can).

What you should be looking at is what the wages are in both places to.measure and compare their spending power.

blamingthedevil:

Re: Cost Of Living In UK Compared To Nigeria (Photos) by Kingzjayzee: 11:52pm On May 16, 2021
Lordgel7:
Somebody should help me please. I'm broke right now. I need just 500 naira to pay transport to my workplace. 2111385104 UBA..(E.G.L). GOD BLESS THE GIVER.
no be your mate dey trek am? Any small thing una don dey beg for money. The thing no dey hard una again. Chai!
Re: Cost Of Living In UK Compared To Nigeria (Photos) by handsomeyitayo(m): 11:58pm On May 16, 2021
Lordgel7:
please I want to send you something manage it ok..it will end in praise... reply me now..if you online ..lennard I think God is able please check it ...I would have more than that please manage for your transportation, covid-19 affects my job. ..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

"The North Never Told Us They Do Not Like Suffering And Poverty" - Fani Kayode / Peter Obi Breaks Down In Tears During Press Conference / #endsars: What Obasanjo Told Buhari At Virtual Meeting - Fani-kayode Reveals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.