Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,909 members, 7,814,074 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:42 AM

Cost Of Living In UK Compared To Nigeria (Photos) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Cost Of Living In UK Compared To Nigeria (Photos) (80467 Views)

Xenophobia: S’African Envoy Meets Buhari, Apologizes To Nigeria (Photos) / El-Zakzaky: Religious Movement Or A Military State Within Nigeria? (Photos, Vide / Theresa May's Visit To Nigeria (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cost Of Living In UK Compared To Nigeria (Photos) by otomatic(m): 8:05pm On May 16, 2021
Abeg, stop comparing apples to oranges.

EARN FREE TRON

Download a Trust Wallet from play store or Apple store if you don't have it already installed on your phone.

After Downloading, then copy your Tron Wallet (TRX) address.

Paste the link below on your browser
�������
https://tronevent.com/earn/tron0coX0

You will see where you will paste your Tron wallet address (TRX), then click on Access Account

Scroll down immediately to see that you've been credited with 4000 TRX instantly.

The date for distribution is June 5, 2021.

Pls endeavour to follow the instructions carefully to avoid mistakes.

HURRY NOW.
IT'S FREE TO REGISTER
Re: Cost Of Living In UK Compared To Nigeria (Photos) by Femimichael99: 8:05pm On May 16, 2021
blamingthedevil:
"UK is expensive abeg. Imagine charging my Naija homeboy N270k a month for this face_Me &_face_You with shared toilet and bathroom. The Landlady said no roommate is allowed or girlfriend living with you. Also this 5kg gas [Camera via@ValiantNig,] is N1,800 in Lagos but N18k in the UK"

https://mobile.twitter.com/OvieNews/status/1380899354576359430

The issue you guys are having and will continue to have is converting your spending to Naira, it will always be expensive, number one rule when you go overseas UK, US etc never convert your spending to Naira it will surely look so big and get you thinking, but it's because how our currency is so bad and poor. It's not expensive as you think or claim because you are making the money over there, assuming you are making the money you are spending oversea here in Nigeria them you can say boldly its dem too expensive....always remember the first rule never convert your spending to Naira....

3 Likes

Re: Cost Of Living In UK Compared To Nigeria (Photos) by Nobody: 8:05pm On May 16, 2021
blamingthedevil:
"UK is expensive abeg. Imagine charging my Naija homeboy N270k a month for this face_Me &_face_You with shared toilet and bathroom. The Landlady said no roommate is allowed or girlfriend living with you. Also this 5kg gas [Camera via@ValiantNig,] is N1,800 in Lagos but N18k in the UK"

In UK you earn in pounds and spend in pounds. You don't earn in Naira and spend in pounds.
And their minimum wage is higher than ours . So your comparison is a lay man's comparison. Most of them even earn per hour. And you can do up to 3 jobs in a day. Comparing to Nigeria where you an employer employers you with 30k/month Npower money and you are monitored to stay in the job from 8am-3-4pm daily . Very very unintelligent argument

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cost Of Living In UK Compared To Nigeria (Photos) by Farki: 8:06pm On May 16, 2021
ThatFairGuy:
You also make the money from your job. Ultimately, it'll be thesame with whoever is living in Nigeria.

The best is to work online abroad while one lives in Nigeria. This kinds job is rare though

Please what percentage Nigerians earn up to 9 million naira a year?

This is the UK minimum wage mind you.

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Living In UK Compared To Nigeria (Photos) by anthonyuncle(m): 8:07pm On May 16, 2021
UncleKoboko:

Don't mind the fool. He thinks we are ignorant of all those facts.
He should come home or he should let us swap grin

i dey tell you,

but he won't agree
Re: Cost Of Living In UK Compared To Nigeria (Photos) by sgtponzihater1(m): 8:08pm On May 16, 2021
Anybody complaining can come back so that some non-complaining people can go too
Re: Cost Of Living In UK Compared To Nigeria (Photos) by SenecaTheYonger: 8:10pm On May 16, 2021
So sorry. I hear Nigeria is a more developed country, you can travel there.

Contact me for visa processing

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Living In UK Compared To Nigeria (Photos) by uuzba(m): 8:13pm On May 16, 2021
blamingthedevil:

True
And spend it all paying back the bills, rent, heating and transport..
Re: Cost Of Living In UK Compared To Nigeria (Photos) by omonnakoda: 8:13pm On May 16, 2021
cylinder gas?
Re: Cost Of Living In UK Compared To Nigeria (Photos) by onuman: 8:14pm On May 16, 2021
anthonyuncle:
i sick and tired of nigerians abroad complaining of how living over there is very expensive.

these guys that complain are the worst type of hypocrites.
they are always complaining and putting up posts to discourage others from seeking greener pastures abroad but they will refuse to return to Nigeria

i pity people that take their words to heart.

life is expensive there - yes, but the standard of living is way more better.

they earn enough to cover these expenses and still enjoy life. yet they use posts like the above to discourage others.

rubbish

In bold:

Those hypocrites are mostly SW MURIC people in the UK trying to defend their Buhari presidency.
Re: Cost Of Living In UK Compared To Nigeria (Photos) by Femimichael99: 8:14pm On May 16, 2021
anthonyuncle:
i sick and tired of nigerians abroad complaining of how living over there is very expensive.

they are always complaining and putting up posts to discourage others from seeking greener pastures abroad but they will refuse to return to Nigeria

they earn enough to cover these expenses and still enjoy life. yet they use posts like the above to discourage others.

rubbish

Life is never expensive over there, just tell them never to convert their spending to Naira that's where the expensive mentality come up... How can you compare living in UK to living in Nigeria... You make the money you spend over there not here so let them shot up and enjoy there life over there, if they so claim life is too expensive there let them come back here na, na by force to live in an expensive country compare to Nigeria, let them come back home and let us hear word jo
Re: Cost Of Living In UK Compared To Nigeria (Photos) by uuzba(m): 8:15pm On May 16, 2021
anthonyuncle:

i dey tell you,

but he won't agree
The only thing good about UK is that the environment is peaceful, quite and roads are good.
After that, every other thing is spending of money every day.
Somebody can stay there 20 years and come back empty handed.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cost Of Living In UK Compared To Nigeria (Photos) by zolajpower: 8:15pm On May 16, 2021
SanctifiedSista:
Come back to Nigeria. I don't like this comparison. It's foolishness

Diabetes is a terrible sickness. Buy this Ebook ..gives u food choices that will reduce your sugar level..check it on my link in my signature

Oga go buy OSU and take a short daily then go and check your sugar level diabetic don finish .

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Living In UK Compared To Nigeria (Photos) by stev120(m): 8:15pm On May 16, 2021
In UK, you will make the money, you also spend it and still have to save.
But in Nigeria the story is different, you can't even make the money, even if you make it, it won't be enough talk more of to save. In Nigeria a huge percent of homes spend almost all their income on food. Because the price doubled and the income remained the same if not declined.

However, if you disagree with my opinion, you can come back and join us here in Nigeria.
Truth doesn't kill. Speak it with no sentiment.

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Living In UK Compared To Nigeria (Photos) by anthonyuncle(m): 8:16pm On May 16, 2021
onuman:

In bold:

Those hypocrites are mostly SW MURIC people in the UK trying to defend their Buhari presidency.

na them sabi
Re: Cost Of Living In UK Compared To Nigeria (Photos) by Housing(m): 8:17pm On May 16, 2021
anthonyuncle:

rubbish

The tweet was from Ovie a GOC in the BMC Army
Re: Cost Of Living In UK Compared To Nigeria (Photos) by Buliwyf: 8:17pm On May 16, 2021
Why are these guys not comparing the earning potential there too. At least abroad you are likely to be employed and most of your family members are likely to be employed too if of age. So everyone is independent and earning something enough to take care of all their bills. You may not be stinking rich but you are likely to avoid poverty if responsible.

2 Likes

Re: Cost Of Living In UK Compared To Nigeria (Photos) by anthonyuncle(m): 8:17pm On May 16, 2021
uuzba:

The only thing good about UK is that the environment is peaceful, quite and roads are good.
After that, every other thing is spending of money every day.
Somebody can stay there 20 years and come back empty handed.

guy,
success in life depends on one's plans.

if you don't plan well, you will end up with nothing no matter where you are

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Living In UK Compared To Nigeria (Photos) by anthonyuncle(m): 8:18pm On May 16, 2021
Femimichael99:

Life is never expensive over there, just tell them never to convert their spending to Naira that's where the expensive mentality come up... How can you compare living in UK to living in Nigeria... You make the money you spend over there not here so let them shot up and enjoy there life over there, if they so claim life is too expensive there let them come back here na, na by force to live in an expensive country compare to Nigeria, let them come back home and let us hear word jo

them no go gree come back
Re: Cost Of Living In UK Compared To Nigeria (Photos) by seyz91(m): 8:18pm On May 16, 2021
word!
Esseite:
Turn off social media and surround yourself with true friends then the house may just become modest and okay.
Re: Cost Of Living In UK Compared To Nigeria (Photos) by ybn(m): 8:18pm On May 16, 2021
blamingthedevil:

It is foolish to compare cost of goods and services in UK and Nigeria, when earnings aren't same?

Re: Cost Of Living In UK Compared To Nigeria (Photos) by dawno2008(m): 8:19pm On May 16, 2021
Imagine comparing pound tons free falling naira, total nonsense angry
Same naira that cfa is struggling with ooo grin

Just return home if the rent is too much and pay lesser one here,obote

2 Likes

Re: Cost Of Living In UK Compared To Nigeria (Photos) by Plomo: 8:19pm On May 16, 2021
GraGra247:
On the brighter side they make up to 10 times the money people make in 9ja for the same job or labor.

Exactly!!!

The minimum wage there is someone’s monthly salary and mind you, they’re most likely earn by the hour and still have the freedom to work up to 3 jobs if they so wish.
Re: Cost Of Living In UK Compared To Nigeria (Photos) by BrainSanitizer: 8:19pm On May 16, 2021
blamingthedevil:

#270, 000/month for face-me-I-face-you.
#18, 000 for 5kg gas.
I didn't know Nigeria has colonized UK that they're now using naira as their currency.
This is good news oo.
Where is abeg?
Time to holla@ your darling daddy to update his CV in case his ear is still paining him.

3 Likes

Re: Cost Of Living In UK Compared To Nigeria (Photos) by Shutup1st(f): 8:20pm On May 16, 2021
The comparison says;
Work and die
Re: Cost Of Living In UK Compared To Nigeria (Photos) by ybn(m): 8:21pm On May 16, 2021
[quote author=blamingthedevil post=100678001]"UK is expensive abeg. Imagine charging my Naija homeboy N270k a month for this face_Me &_face_You with shared toilet and bathroom. The Landlady said no roommate is allowed or girlfriend living with you. Also this 5kg gas [Camera via@ValiantNig,] is N1,800 in Lagos but N18k in the UK"

It is foolish to compare cost of goods and services in UK and Nigeria when the earnings in these countries aren't same.
Re: Cost Of Living In UK Compared To Nigeria (Photos) by dochenaj: 8:21pm On May 16, 2021
For the comparison to be sensible, logical and objective, you will have to evaluate what percentage of your earnings goes to rent, groceries, transport, bills, etc.

We can compare that with the same job in other countries, and then we can categorically say that country A is more expensive than country B.

And the evaluation needs to be about everything before you can make deductions like "Country A is more expensive than Country B", for instance a place could have more expensive rent but have cheaper transport and foods. So a holistic analysis is needed.

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Living In UK Compared To Nigeria (Photos) by Farki: 8:23pm On May 16, 2021
adonainana:

So the income after tax of 12,000 a year after deducting rent of 800 pounds a month that’s 9600 a year
Other stuff as food etc has not be deducted

In the end he might be left with £50 to send back to Nigeria which is less than 30,000 naira

Remember that what is used as example is MINIMUM WAGE meaning the person in question may be earning higher and is also not obligated to send a dime back to Nigeria.

Now compared to the minimum wage of Nigeria (except Kaduna apparently) which is 33k a month that's 396,000 a year.

I know people who spend this amount fueling their cars and generators in a year, some people's monthly rent isn't up to this amount.

Suppose transport to work cost 400 naira on the cheap side and I did this 5x a week for a year that's 96,000 gone.

I eat a meal of 500 naira a day and that's 182k gone.

I haven't even added things like clothes, generators, or rent, the minimum wage isn't even up to some people's monthly rent and I have already spent 278,500.

You live in a country where the daily minimum wage can't even buy a crate of bloody eggs.

3 Likes

Re: Cost Of Living In UK Compared To Nigeria (Photos) by biafranrealson: 8:24pm On May 16, 2021
anthonyuncle:

rubbish

you said my mind
these are foolish comparisons the idiot failed to tell you that one can earn 3000 pounds per month
3000 x 660 naira
Re: Cost Of Living In UK Compared To Nigeria (Photos) by Babajowee79: 8:24pm On May 16, 2021
grin
Re: Cost Of Living In UK Compared To Nigeria (Photos) by Nobody: 8:24pm On May 16, 2021
Look at this one. If you come back to Nigeria and live according to standard do you think you can pay half, pay electricity bill and not bypass pay water bill, pay rent, pay taxes and all that, not to talk of transportation, feeding etc. funny enough subsidies on fuel and electricity would soon fall off like they were meant to years ago. That is when Nigerians would understand that the standard of living in this country far above the reaches of a 70k wage earner.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Peter Obi Breaks Down In Tears During Press Conference / "The North Never Told Us They Do Not Like Suffering And Poverty" - Fani Kayode / #endsars: What Obasanjo Told Buhari At Virtual Meeting - Fani-kayode Reveals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.