Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,927 members, 7,814,124 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:16 AM

Cost Of Living In UK Compared To Nigeria (Photos) - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Cost Of Living In UK Compared To Nigeria (Photos) (80470 Views)

Xenophobia: S’African Envoy Meets Buhari, Apologizes To Nigeria (Photos) / El-Zakzaky: Religious Movement Or A Military State Within Nigeria? (Photos, Vide / Theresa May's Visit To Nigeria (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cost Of Living In UK Compared To Nigeria (Photos) by Kobicove(m): 8:25pm On May 16, 2021
nuggarito:
Ion care how much you pay for rent but on the part of telling us that 6kg gas cylinder is 1800, he's a fuxking liar. Ordinary 6kg gas with camping is more than 8k talkless of one with a rubber handle.

All this clout chasers.

He was referring to just the has inside not the whole thing undecided
Re: Cost Of Living In UK Compared To Nigeria (Photos) by Oyiboman69: 8:25pm On May 16, 2021
nuggarito:
Ion care how much you pay for rent but on the part of telling us that 6kg gas cylinder is 1800, he's a fuxking liar. Ordinary 6kg gas with camping is more than 8k talkless of one with a rubber handle.

All this clout chasers.
I guess he's talking about the content of the gas
Re: Cost Of Living In UK Compared To Nigeria (Photos) by Babajowee79: 8:26pm On May 16, 2021
ufueling their cars and generators in a year, some people's monthly rent isn't up to this amount.

Suppose transport to work cost 400 naira on the cheap side and I did this 5x a week for a year that's 96,000 gone.

I eat a meal of 500 naira a day and that's 182k gone.

I haven't even added things like clothes, generators, or rent, the minimum wage isn't even up to some people's monthly rent and I have already spent 278,500.

You live in a country where the daily minimum wage can't even buy a crate of bloody eggs. [/quote] hmmmmmmmm
Re: Cost Of Living In UK Compared To Nigeria (Photos) by biafranrealson: 8:27pm On May 16, 2021
mumu
please come back home

how i wish i have your real name , i would have petitioned the UK Govt,luckily trap may catch you

i hereby join millions in praying for your deportation

2 Likes

Re: Cost Of Living In UK Compared To Nigeria (Photos) by BePrepared: 8:27pm On May 16, 2021
360degreess:
..Who told you that?..I believe the OP was thinking just the way you are thinking until travel over there himself.Now he understands the reality.

He should come back so we can go and he enjoy naija
Re: Cost Of Living In UK Compared To Nigeria (Photos) by Calitoscassius(m): 8:28pm On May 16, 2021
Useless comparison. These groceries are free at the UK food charity centre. I picked these up for free for my neighbour. There are still more food there for free. These are just what my neighbour wanted. Who will give you all these for free in Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Living In UK Compared To Nigeria (Photos) by arantess: 8:28pm On May 16, 2021
GraGra247:
On the brighter side they make up to 10 times the money people make in 9ja for the same job or labor.
Lol
They will always leave that part out
Re: Cost Of Living In UK Compared To Nigeria (Photos) by Subomi007: 8:28pm On May 16, 2021
SanctifiedSista:
Come back to Nigeria. I don't like this comparison. It's foolishness

Diabetes is a terrible sickness. Buy this Ebook ..gives u food choices that will reduce your sugar level..check it on my link in my signature

If they are not coming home willingly maybe one can use force if it will be possible.
Re: Cost Of Living In UK Compared To Nigeria (Photos) by Gravity56: 8:29pm On May 16, 2021
If N1800 5kg gas is 18k

Its means the 270k apartment per month, is equivalent to N2700 per month in Naija.

Sense will not kill me .

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Living In UK Compared To Nigeria (Photos) by Soki234: 8:30pm On May 16, 2021
Compare wages for the same job also.
Re: Cost Of Living In UK Compared To Nigeria (Photos) by HaykynLibra: 8:30pm On May 16, 2021
So, the minimum wage in Uk and Naija na d same abi.. Wetin diz one dey talk sef.. Make things cost pass eye, so far they are paying well, u won't ever feel it as there is still more money left.. Come Naija nah, come dey enjoy d cheap things.. Mumu
Re: Cost Of Living In UK Compared To Nigeria (Photos) by AgentGoat: 8:30pm On May 16, 2021
How much is your monthly earning?
Re: Cost Of Living In UK Compared To Nigeria (Photos) by seyz91(m): 8:31pm On May 16, 2021
confirm! most naija people don't know world has really changed, things and times have changed

most of abroad citizens sef are jobless not to talk of them considering some Nigerians

OP Is very much right and i believe him

alot of naija people with money are living better than those abroad

has anyone ever think of why political classes dont go settle in Abroad but only go for vacation and be back?

Naija is sweet when you have your own money

bitter truth only!
360degreess:
..Who told you that?..I believe the OP was thinking just the way you are thinking until travel over there himself.Now he understands the reality.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cost Of Living In UK Compared To Nigeria (Photos) by sweetshisha: 8:32pm On May 16, 2021
Lol

No ever follow a Nigerian in Nigeria drag abroad matter let them also chook head enter and see say Oyinbo land no be child's play

Some of them go sell drugs and vaginal just to get somewhere to sleep in a cold winter night

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cost Of Living In UK Compared To Nigeria (Photos) by Yankee101: 8:32pm On May 16, 2021
And how much is his salary compared to naija?

It's like saying Lagos is to expensive compared to Igboho in Oyo State. Ask yourself what one gets in one that does not exist in the other amd why people are willing to pay more.

Compare oranges with oranges not apples
Re: Cost Of Living In UK Compared To Nigeria (Photos) by PSVITA(m): 8:34pm On May 16, 2021
AdeOri99:
Still prefare uk though.check my profile for a sweet laptop deal

I wanna buy a laptop
WhatsApp me , my number is in my singnature.
Re: Cost Of Living In UK Compared To Nigeria (Photos) by Raph82(m): 8:40pm On May 16, 2021
I hope UK government could find out about this guy's post, track him down and deport him immediately. What a rural idiot! Why are Nigerians so ungrateful like this? Abeg no go use ur stupidity block opportunities for others o. Stupid thing.
Re: Cost Of Living In UK Compared To Nigeria (Photos) by Chikasova(m): 8:42pm On May 16, 2021
Simply put, who never go no go know.
Just prepare your mind that it’s not going to be easy and yourself and by God’s grace, everything will fall in place.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cost Of Living In UK Compared To Nigeria (Photos) by Juicer117: 8:42pm On May 16, 2021
freemanq:
my brother come back home if u think Nigeria is better than UK
exactly the guy just dey talk rubbish why his he still staying there abroad is better than nigeria in all ways
Re: Cost Of Living In UK Compared To Nigeria (Photos) by Nobody: 8:42pm On May 16, 2021
This is such a lame comparison.

18000 naira is 26.7 GBP

Many Nigerians earn less than this on a monthly basis whereas someone earning minimum wage in the UK makes that in 3 hours.

270000 naira is 400 GBP.

This is about the weekly take home for an average worker in the UK but some Nigerians earn less than this in a whole year.
Re: Cost Of Living In UK Compared To Nigeria (Photos) by Goldbw122(m): 8:42pm On May 16, 2021
Hmm, if u are payed well, when doing joba you dont need to regret your expenses if you are living well, don't u know that the world u are in is a expensive one..
Re: Cost Of Living In UK Compared To Nigeria (Photos) by planetx: 8:43pm On May 16, 2021
UK is living on past glory and it's not much better than Nigeria. That is just the bitter truth take it or leave it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cost Of Living In UK Compared To Nigeria (Photos) by FunkyAlhaji2015: 8:44pm On May 16, 2021
nuggarito:

All this clout chasers.

Why are you embarrassing yourself like this?? cheesy

He means it cost 1800 naira to fill a 6kg gas in Naija and 18 000 naira equivalent in the UK. Haba!!!
Re: Cost Of Living In UK Compared To Nigeria (Photos) by Sunnydoo: 8:44pm On May 16, 2021
No comparison pls.

You are only calculating based on exchange rate.

Lets works out the welfare rate.
Re: Cost Of Living In UK Compared To Nigeria (Photos) by Goldbw122(m): 8:44pm On May 16, 2021
planetx:
UK is living on past glory and it's not much better than Nigeria. That is just the bitter truth take it or leave it.
People are still doing well, and cashing out fine...
Re: Cost Of Living In UK Compared To Nigeria (Photos) by dochenaj: 8:46pm On May 16, 2021
DesChyko:
Nonsense. angry

My friend was working while on a video call with me for about 2 hours. We were actually catching up while he worked.
At that leisurely pace, he already bagged £250 for just today. Note that this isn't part of his income targets for the week. He was just bored at home amd decided to do some hours. This isn't even his dream hustle.
We even spoke about him changing his two vehicles for newer ones soon.

Nonsense. angry

By the way, £250 is #150,000.

Nonsense. angry
So your friend earned the Nigerian average (middle class) working salary of 2 months just in a couple of hours.

And someone wants to tell us how UK is more expensive than Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Living In UK Compared To Nigeria (Photos) by okwusdidi: 8:46pm On May 16, 2021
Don't mind this nigger a cleaner can earn up till 600k a month.He is here talking rubish comparing UK with 9ja.
Re: Cost Of Living In UK Compared To Nigeria (Photos) by Raph82(m): 8:47pm On May 16, 2021
sweetshisha:
Lol

No ever follow a Nigerian in Nigeria drag abroad matter let them also chook head enter and see say Oyinbo land no be child's play

Some of them go sell drugs and vaginal just to get somewhere to sleep in a cold winter night
That's for those who don't have legal docs. If u have legal docs and u're not lazy, u'll live comfortably. There's a colleague over there right now, he's doing menial jobs and he's living fine. He told me he's saving enough to start his master's degree.

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Living In UK Compared To Nigeria (Photos) by Jayrow08: 8:48pm On May 16, 2021
At least they r seeing what they r using their money for.
Re: Cost Of Living In UK Compared To Nigeria (Photos) by HEAVEN4444: 8:48pm On May 16, 2021
just forget europe. its dead. no more jobs. all the jobs are in china now and the only jobs you can get is service industry. and so in UK lets assume you make 25000 pounds, tax is 7000, council tax is 1500, transport lets say 1000, rent is about 12000, food lets say 1000, light and gas and internet lets say 2000, clothes lets say 300, toiletries lets say 300. so per year you are left with about 100 pounds left to save annually for naija future. thats 60,000 naira

meanwhile after 10 years your smart friends ( not the dumb ones ) in naija have bought house in lekki and married and have 2 sheedren and a top job in oyel and gas or banking in naija while you are still abroad no house no wife no kids no money no future

LIFE EXPERIENCE OF MANY I KNOW.

TRY CANADA. though they require you to have 10 million naira before they give you visa. which reminds me of the story of this girl who went to canada. her 10 million naira was used to pay one months rent and one months deposit and furniture and it was finished in less than a month.

2 Likes

Re: Cost Of Living In UK Compared To Nigeria (Photos) by Bigseedorf(m): 8:48pm On May 16, 2021
GraGra247:
On the brighter side they make up to 10 times the money people make in 9ja for the same job or labor.
Add times 5. But your income depends on legitimacy of your stay while the house rent which is the highest expenses you may have to deal with in monthly basis depend on city. I stay in UK, its way better but don't come with wrong visa oo
Re: Cost Of Living In UK Compared To Nigeria (Photos) by Ofadaman(m): 8:50pm On May 16, 2021
Dont mind the idiots, if it's so bad why don't they return home, they won't tell you that they earn quite a lot to cover the expenses, they wont tell you about the better standard of living and good state if the basic amenities, they won't tell you about the standard of education and healthcare.

They want to discourage people in Nigeria to abandon their dreams of seeking better quality of life by remaining in this shit hole

Theses guys are hypocrites, who do not want the best for their friends ,they wish to remain the big one who lives abroad,

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

"The North Never Told Us They Do Not Like Suffering And Poverty" - Fani Kayode / Peter Obi Breaks Down In Tears During Press Conference / #endsars: What Obasanjo Told Buhari At Virtual Meeting - Fani-kayode Reveals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.