Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,729 members, 7,809,784 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:52 PM

Continue With Job Or Complete Msc Program - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Continue With Job Or Complete Msc Program (15572 Views)

Should I Continue With The Job Or Resign With Immediate Effect? / Should I Continue With My Bank Cleaner Job Or Work In The Filling Station / Should I Pursue Another Federal Job Or Leave For Canada? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Continue With Job Or Complete Msc Program by santakris(m): 6:46am On May 02, 2021
If you cannot defer your masters you can always start afresh when time permits you. Pls take the job and hold on to it. Ólorun a wa pélu
Re: Continue With Job Or Complete Msc Program by sulaak(m): 7:20am On May 02, 2021
Blessynene:
Hello nairalanders pls I need your unbiased advice.

So I started my MSc program long before the lockdown since I had no job and needed to upgrade, after class work and examination the lockdown couldn't allow me complete my project lab work, all these while I was actively looking for a job.

Luckily I got one with a private firm and decent pay (110k) but doesn't give me time to do any other thing, now my project defence is in a months time, I applied for 6 weeks leave without pay so I can concentrate and complete my project and defence since my job is overly demanding but was denied.

My only option is to resign and come back to re-apply for the job after my defense, I seriously need this job because I have alot of financial responsibilities at the moment.

I am tempted to to let go of the defence for now and focus on the job till am financially stable.

Pls I need your candid advice.

If I was interviewing two candidates for a job, one with a master degree and the other with relevant work experience, I will always take the candidate with work experience.

It seems like you have already completed the certificate and post-graduate stage of the master degree, this is a relevant postgraduate qualification that will enhance your professional profile.

I will defer the final stage of the master degree programme for one year, and acquire more work experience. After a year of employment, your employers might be convinced that you deserve a study leave to complete your degree.

One year of employment usually equals four weeks of paid holiday.
Re: Continue With Job Or Complete Msc Program by Juliearth(f): 10:15am On May 02, 2021
Blessynene:
Hello nairalanders pls I need your unbiased advice.

So I started my MSc program long before the lockdown since I had no job and needed to upgrade, after class work and examination the lockdown couldn't allow me complete my project lab work, all these while I was actively looking for a job.

Luckily I got one with a private firm and decent pay (110k) but doesn't give me time to do any other thing, now my project defence is in a months time, I applied for 6 weeks leave without pay so I can concentrate and complete my project and defence since my job is overly demanding but was denied.

My only option is to resign and come back to re-apply for the job after my defense, I seriously need this job because I have alot of financial responsibilities at the moment.

I am tempted to to let go of the defence for now and focus on the job till am financially stable.

Pls I need your candid advice.

Defer the admission for a year, if you are entitled to work leave, defer that to align with when your next defense would come up. All the best!
Re: Continue With Job Or Complete Msc Program by sadewodu(m): 10:32am On May 02, 2021
If it is possible to defer your project defence pls do. To get job for this country nah war.
Re: Continue With Job Or Complete Msc Program by olabukolami(m): 11:19am On May 02, 2021
Do you want to finish ur master and become slave work is difficult to find out there,u can quit the job on a basis of after your master you have little capital to establish something.
Re: Continue With Job Or Complete Msc Program by mrkels(m): 11:47am On May 02, 2021
Obasanjoslim:
you called 110k job useless? you need to visit yaba

I said the pay ain’t decent I never said it was a sue less job
Re: Continue With Job Or Complete Msc Program by Nobody: 4:23pm On May 02, 2021
I turn down a job because of my master program after 5 years. I haven't gotten a job with that master degree, my only use for that certificate for now is to get a PhD in the US (free tuition). Experience is more important than a paper certificate except you are in the academic line, Baba shawn that master better still defer.
Re: Continue With Job Or Complete Msc Program by wafun: 5:36pm On May 02, 2021
Hold your job tight... Holam tight, as I dey like this like this with my B.Sc, I dey find job like mad... MSC is always there for you

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Lagos State Ministry Of Health Sacks Health Care Workers In The State / Human Resource Management In Canada / Career Choice After A Bsc In Biochemistry.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.