Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,770 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:52 AM

Did I Do Wrong With My Attitude ? - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Did I Do Wrong With My Attitude ? (28566 Views)

Nonchalant Wicked Attitude Of Most Employer. / See Why My Oga Sacked Me This Morning. Did I Do Wrong? / Dear New Hires, Stop Coming Into Organizations With Messiah Attitude. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Did I Do Wrong With My Attitude ? by oludaniels777: 5:37pm On Apr 13, 2021
all these because of 25k per month for 3 months. That's 75k total. wow. Too much exploitation in Nigeria. Keep looking bro. God will answer you soon.

1 Like

Re: Did I Do Wrong With My Attitude ? by Cleanworld(f): 5:39pm On Apr 13, 2021
Sikay19:
Hello members,
This is a long post and may include some errors. kindly ignore the blunders therein.

So, here it goes.

I was informed of a job offer at one of these LAPO MFB. As requested I went there to submit my application letter along with the credentials.

Getting there, I met with the branch manager. We exchanged greetings, he asked me to sit and thereafter we discussed about the job offer that the pay is #25000 and it is a three months program.

The necessity of hiring extra hands was because they have a target to meet within that stipulated time. During our interaction he went through my letter and eventually told me it wasn't within his capacity to employ that he would have to call me later today or certainly tomorrow after he must have met with the higher authority. that's how we rounded up our discussion and I left his office.

Few hours later, I received his call that I should come right away of which I was busy far away from the place coupled with that I had no transport fare to meet up.

Consequent to that, He asked me to come the following day by 8am. Noting this I went there though before going I had no office shoe as I long forgone anything like corporate work even though I was a teacher wayback.

As to this effect, I didn't want that to be an excuse for me not to go there so I dressed neatly though not tucked in because it wouldn't be proper to tuck in with slide footwear also I trekked to the place even though it's far but that's not a problem anyway.

When I got there at that time I had to wait because they were having morning meeting. After some minutes, He called me in, he asked me some questions about my name, address and others. He proceeded to tell me what he had said the day before. Thereafter, He said I would have to go their state office at Oshogbo to collect a letter indicating my employment . more like a traveling to the place costing me #1500. ordinarily that shouldn't be a problem but I didn't have that money to make the travel that's what I said.

He said the company would settle me on my return. As I was about to seek permission to go outside to make calls. One of them started talking scolding me that I shouldn't have said that I do not have money and my mode of dressing blah blah. I eventually went out to make the calls but I couldn't get any help because it was too sudden.

I went in to tell them, he returned my credentials. that was how I left.

Insults and blames are welcome but be objective please. thank you.

You have no blame here and moreover if you had accepted that job believe me you will later regret it. Most time when things happened like this, its a sign that you will soon find a good job. Just be patience something good will soon come along.

1 Like

Re: Did I Do Wrong With My Attitude ? by ossaiii: 5:40pm On Apr 13, 2021
Bros please help me too... Anything at all all would be appreciated. Thank you in advance.

incogni2o:
It Depends.

Now, let me go and read.

Hope I wouldn't forgot to comeback to update sha.

OK, I am back.

Firstly, that money is not worth your Dressing.

People like that end up using and misusing you.

Better paying Job will come soon Bro.

Send me your acct, let me send you 10% of that money.

Pele, It is well
Re: Did I Do Wrong With My Attitude ? by Commotfornigeri: 5:42pm On Apr 13, 2021
Re: Did I Do Wrong With My Attitude ? by jaxxy(m): 5:44pm On Apr 13, 2021
All these funny jobs and weird and shady setups, very disorganized and treating people like Shit. undecided
Re: Did I Do Wrong With My Attitude ? by CarlsJaz567(m): 5:45pm On Apr 13, 2021
I don't think you did wrong, brother.

Yes, you may have been unprofessional in your outfit and in sharing your financial woes with them. But then, you showed enough desperation and willingness to obtain the said low-paying job. That should at least have attracted some mercies from the officials. One of them could have given you that #1,500 from his/her pocket when you couldn't get it elsewhere, even if he/she playfully berates you for lacking some tacts.

So in all, I feel you should not despair as you are hopefully going get a better chance later. The job sucks even - such a poor salary!

So those guys were too poor, or too stingy to offer to give you #1,500 for transportation to collect the letter, even if it's a loan? Chai, there is indeed poverty/wickedness in the land!

2 Likes

Re: Did I Do Wrong With My Attitude ? by BarrElChapo(m): 5:49pm On Apr 13, 2021
God will do something beyond that & your imagination soon, in Jesus Name Amen
Re: Did I Do Wrong With My Attitude ? by Sikay19(m): 5:54pm On Apr 13, 2021
Commotfornigeri:
Sikay19

Do you play nairabet?
I used to engage in sport puntingn out of idleness but I stopped doing so sometimes back. why did you ask sir.
Re: Did I Do Wrong With My Attitude ? by Nobody: 5:55pm On Apr 13, 2021
I didn't read it... but u did wrong grin
Re: Did I Do Wrong With My Attitude ? by Commotfornigeri: 5:56pm On Apr 13, 2021
Re: Did I Do Wrong With My Attitude ? by Sikay19(m): 5:57pm On Apr 13, 2021
incogni2o:
It Depends.

Now, let me go and read.

OK, I am back.

Pele, It is well

Thank you for kind gesture.

I have seen it, your generosity goes a long way for me, you will never lack.

May God bless you abundantly.
I appreciate it.

1 Like

Re: Did I Do Wrong With My Attitude ? by Sukkyy2010: 5:57pm On Apr 13, 2021
Omo graduate they suffer ooo...25k chai

1 Like

Re: Did I Do Wrong With My Attitude ? by Sikay19(m): 5:58pm On Apr 13, 2021
Re: Did I Do Wrong With My Attitude ? by Legendguy(m): 6:03pm On Apr 13, 2021
Sikay19:

Aremu Sikiru Kolapo

First Bank

Thank you very much. Your generosity is so much appreciated. God will bless you more sir
Simple instructions, don't quote the msg.
I don't know why Nigerians don't need to instructions.
You are actually excited about the money that you forgot instructions

1 Like

Re: Did I Do Wrong With My Attitude ? by Sikay19(m): 6:04pm On Apr 13, 2021
Legendguy:
Simple instructions, don't quote the msg. I don't know why Nigerians don't need to instructions. You are actually excited about the money that you forgot instructions
Yes, you are right. I rushed but I edited it when I later realized my mistake.
Re: Did I Do Wrong With My Attitude ? by Sikay19(m): 6:04pm On Apr 13, 2021
Legendguy:
Simple instructions, don't quote the msg. I don't know why Nigerians don't need to instructions. You are actually excited about the money that you forgot instructions
Yes, you are right. I rushed but I edited it when I later realized my mistake.
Re: Did I Do Wrong With My Attitude ? by Sikay19(m): 6:10pm On Apr 13, 2021
Cleanworld:

You have no blame here and moreover if you had accepted that job believe me you will later regret it. Most time when things happened like this, its a sign that you will soon find a good job. Just be patience something good will soon come along.

Thanks for your encouragement. I appreciate it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Did I Do Wrong With My Attitude ? by Sikay19(m): 6:11pm On Apr 13, 2021
GboyegaD:

Even at that, they could send it to the branch you interviewed for you to pick it up from there.
Yes, that's it. thanks.
Re: Did I Do Wrong With My Attitude ? by Minemrys: 6:11pm On Apr 13, 2021
Sikay19:
Hello members,
This is a long post and may include some errors. kindly ignore the blunders therein.

So, here it goes.

I was informed of a job offer at one of these LAPO MFB. As requested I went there to submit my application letter along with the credentials.

Getting there, I met with the branch manager. We exchanged greetings, he asked me to sit and thereafter we discussed about the job offer that the pay is #25000 and it is a three months program.

The necessity of hiring extra hands was because they have a target to meet within that stipulated time. During our interaction he went through my letter and eventually told me it wasn't within his capacity to employ that he would have to call me later today or certainly tomorrow after he must have met with the higher authority. that's how we rounded up our discussion and I left his office.

Few hours later, I received his call that I should come right away of which I was busy far away from the place coupled with that I had no transport fare to meet up.

Consequent to that, He asked me to come the following day by 8am. Noting this I went there though before going I had no office shoe as I long forgone anything like corporate work even though I was a teacher wayback.

As to this effect, I didn't want that to be an excuse for me not to go there so I dressed neatly though not tucked in because it wouldn't be proper to tuck in with slide footwear also I trekked to the place even though it's far but that's not a problem anyway.

When I got there at that time I had to wait because they were having morning meeting. After some minutes, He called me in, he asked me some questions about my name, address and others. He proceeded to tell me what he had said the day before. Thereafter, He said I would have to go their state office at Oshogbo to collect a letter indicating my employment . more like a traveling to the place costing me #1500. ordinarily that shouldn't be a problem but I didn't have that money to make the travel that's what I said.

He said the company would settle me on my return. As I was about to seek permission to go outside to make calls. One of them started talking scolding me that I shouldn't have said that I do not have money and my mode of dressing blah blah. I eventually went out to make the calls but I couldn't get any help because it was too sudden.

you had no choice. It is well.
Re: Did I Do Wrong With My Attitude ? by Sikay19(m): 6:11pm On Apr 13, 2021
NetValueFX:
Thank God u didnt get that slavery. Its not a job
You can't be wrong sir, thank you.

1 Like

Re: Did I Do Wrong With My Attitude ? by Commotfornigeri: 6:11pm On Apr 13, 2021

1 Like

Re: Did I Do Wrong With My Attitude ? by Drsnives(m): 6:18pm On Apr 13, 2021
Sikay19:
Hello members,

So, here it goes.

You did nothing wrong bro, but to be honest with you enh, you don't have friends I must tell you, even if its sudden so non of your frnds can squeeze out ordinary 1500 to assist their friend?
Pls change your circle of friends.
It's well, something better is on the way

4 Likes

Re: Did I Do Wrong With My Attitude ? by Sikay19(m): 6:18pm On Apr 13, 2021
Re: Did I Do Wrong With My Attitude ? by lollytk(f): 6:18pm On Apr 13, 2021
My younger sister had similar experience years back but with SEAP microfinance bank, she was called 2 hours before interview without a prior notice, she wasn't close to the house and wouldn't be possible to make it home to change within the short notice, so she was rejected based on her dressing ( Jean and top), she later got another microfinance job in Lagos , she had to quit after 6months due to stress and target problem , she's in united kingdom now doing well. Don't give up on yourself, don't hang on a closed door, greater things lies ahead.
SEAP sends employees to ilorin while LAPO sends to oshogbo cry

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Did I Do Wrong With My Attitude ? by solaademolu: 6:19pm On Apr 13, 2021
I know this guy would have be a graduate, pls come and sell my bread I will give 30k,
Nigeria is in trouble, 25k job, over my life, what I give my children as transportation. Pls go and do something yourself, leave this foolish people, God will crown your hustle

2 Likes

Re: Did I Do Wrong With My Attitude ? by Commotfornigeri: 6:21pm On Apr 13, 2021

1 Like

Re: Did I Do Wrong With My Attitude ? by Nobody: 6:27pm On Apr 13, 2021
incogni2o:
It Depends.

Now, let me go and read.

OK, I am back.

Pele, It is well

Love people like this. I'd happily send him 20% of that money right away.
Re: Did I Do Wrong With My Attitude ? by ebuclassic18(m): 6:29pm On Apr 13, 2021
the devil we cast and bind everyday is human being like us no sympathy,bro you did nothing wrong maybe the expect you to trek to their head office animals
Re: Did I Do Wrong With My Attitude ? by Pat081: 6:36pm On Apr 13, 2021
You do well because moving for one state to another in Nigeria today is not save again not only that sef from one street to street is not save let them keep it for another person
Re: Did I Do Wrong With My Attitude ? by ogub(m): 6:47pm On Apr 13, 2021
Bornsinner7:
I see nothing wrong here

But to be honest.. you shouldn't have told him you had no transport fare, you kinda like indicated you were not serious about getting the job..

Telling him about you not having TP should be on an unofficial environment or a call to him later on, if he could assist you..

On your dressing.. it doesn't matter as long as you look clean and decent.. you no go steal cloth because of interview na
he shouldn't have told them he didn't have tfare and you didn't see anything wrong.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

AB Inbev Global Management Trainee 2022 / Waec Marking Coordination 2019 / Can I Survive With 50k Job In Lagos?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.