Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,040 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:31 AM

Did I Do Wrong With My Attitude ? - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Did I Do Wrong With My Attitude ? (28573 Views)

Nonchalant Wicked Attitude Of Most Employer. / See Why My Oga Sacked Me This Morning. Did I Do Wrong? / Dear New Hires, Stop Coming Into Organizations With Messiah Attitude. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Did I Do Wrong With My Attitude ? by ajilegend(m): 6:58pm On Apr 13, 2021
I have always said it that what you wear shouldn't determine you getting a job or not. So far you are neat with what you wear, then you are good to go. And it is not expected that a job seeker should be financially buoyant. My idea of how employment should go is, an employer should pay an employee starting a job upfront so he can cope with feeding and transport. But they expect you to perform the first month after suffering to eat and transport. Better things are on the way for you.

1 Like

Re: Did I Do Wrong With My Attitude ? by akaahs(m): 7:10pm On Apr 13, 2021
Bornsinner7:
I see nothing wrong here

But to be honest.. you shouldn't have told him you had no transport fare, you kinda like indicated you were not serious about getting the job..

Telling him about you not having TP should be on an unofficial environment or a call to him later on, if he could assist you..

On your dressing.. it doesn't matter as long as you look clean and decent.. you no go steal cloth because of interview na
U think if he had not mentioned lack of transport they would have thought of returning his tp fare
Re: Did I Do Wrong With My Attitude ? by timagentms: 7:12pm On Apr 13, 2021
Sikay19:

I went in to tell them, he returned my credentials. that was how I left.

Insults and blames are welcome but be objective please. thank you.

You did nothing wrong my brother, I have called ur line but off, kindly respond to your text message

1 Like

Re: Did I Do Wrong With My Attitude ? by Nobody: 7:14pm On Apr 13, 2021
Karleb:
Bleep them and their 25k salary. I once attended an interview for a 30k job on palm, Jean and a shirt not tucked in and of course I got the job.

Frankly speaking, you should have at least dressed half corporate but your dressing on that day shouldn't be a criterion for the employment, rather it should be your qualifications and your performance in the interview.

Bleep them and all other institutions/companies paying 30k! Bleep them!

Do u own a business and how many employees do u av or are on ur payroll? Is easy to point accusing fingers on others but urslf! undecided
Re: Did I Do Wrong With My Attitude ? by timagentms: 7:16pm On Apr 13, 2021
Sikay19:

You did nothing wrong my brother, your line was switched off, kindly respond to your text message.

1 Like

Re: Did I Do Wrong With My Attitude ? by Karleb(m): 7:18pm On Apr 13, 2021
Heathrow44:

Do u own a business and how many employees do u av or are on ur payroll? Is easy to point accusing fingers on others but urslf! undecided

Your problem is guilty conscience.
Re: Did I Do Wrong With My Attitude ? by ossaiii: 7:19pm On Apr 13, 2021
Please brother kindly assist me too, i really need help. Have been out of job for three years now. The day i stopped working was the day my wife put to bed... It has not been easy since den. Thanks.

Someone7:

Love people like this. I'd happily send him 20% of that money right away.
Re: Did I Do Wrong With My Attitude ? by Blaccsam101(m): 7:20pm On Apr 13, 2021
Joysticks:
I like your gut.Cant the branch at osogbo fax the letter of employment to their Lagos office so that they can print it out and hand it over to you?The salary is even poor.I don tire for work.Na bandit kidnappers I wan do.A very lucrative business

Lol...i will like to join you o.
Re: Did I Do Wrong With My Attitude ? by Nobody: 7:31pm On Apr 13, 2021
Richhard:
Omo 25k per month! Damnnit! I'm very ungrateful, forgive me lord

Honestly. I lost my job 2 months ago and my salary is more than enough to last me at least the next 9-10 months. We need to be grateful
Re: Did I Do Wrong With My Attitude ? by Sikay19(m): 7:43pm On Apr 13, 2021
timagentms:

You did nothing wrong my brother, your line was switched off, kindly respond to your text message.
Yes sir, My phone went off while attending to mentions sir. I will contact you right away sir.

1 Like

Re: Did I Do Wrong With My Attitude ? by Karleb(m): 7:50pm On Apr 13, 2021
Sonnobax15:
lipsrsealed
Nope op,you didn't do wrong.

Just that,for this country,to be a job seeker, you're definitely gonna have to face and eat a whole lot of shiit before your story go complete

Na so me and my niggas go apply for one job like that for shopfair here in ughelli about three years ago..When the manager came out,a young man of about 26 years old who was supposed to comprehend the predicament of his fellow young niggars, started bashing our mode of dressing...

For ordinary security work oh of 15k per month....Mehn,i Don suffer for diz life cha ohh

Na once one of my niggar ask am say hope say Dem go give us gun to guard..The manager immediately worked us out of the yard...

grin grin grin grin grin

Fear catch the guy! grin
Re: Did I Do Wrong With My Attitude ? by maasoap(m): 8:00pm On Apr 13, 2021
Oyiboman69:
25,000 naira monthly...25000 devide 24 days, equal to 1041naira daily... na dis one dem one kill you put so....

What about the remaining 6 days? The fact that he wouldn't be using those 6 days to serve them didn't mean that he wouldn't eat now. 25,000 divide by 30 days.
Re: Did I Do Wrong With My Attitude ? by maasoap(m): 8:18pm On Apr 13, 2021
Pharaoh4rin:
You did nothing wrong. You were honest and true to yourself.

The last time I granted an interview to some folks, we had kept them from 9am till 3pm and at 3pm, there was still no sign of us to commence soon. Because our DMD was just doing anyhow.

Fast forward, a guy and a lady came over to me and told me that they only had their transport which they can't touch but they are very hungry.

My madam was furious.
Well, I went down, bought 3 loaves of bread, and 13 bottles of mineral (according to their number) from my pocket and I gave them.
2hrs later we started d interview but by then, I've sent d two cheerleaders away.

The next day we asked the two guys (the two cheerleaders I sent away) to resume work with their CVs. Matter of fact, we needed people who can express themselves and brave. And they were able to market themselves.

What impressed most about d two guys was, they left without complaint and I was thrilled by their comportment. One of them Farouk later won an award....

You see, don't besmirch yourself. I love ur spirit but try and get a shoe at lease, ejoor, biko, ne'ila

By saying two guys, do mean the man and the woman?

2 Likes

Re: Did I Do Wrong With My Attitude ? by dosht(f): 8:44pm On Apr 13, 2021
@OP Are you within ibeju lekki? If yes send me a dm I have something similar to that but the salary Is 60k upwards depending on your qualifications. Accomodation included

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Did I Do Wrong With My Attitude ? by Oyiboman69: 8:51pm On Apr 13, 2021
maasoap:

What about the remaining 6 days? The fact that he wouldn't be using those 6 days to serve them didn't mean that he wouldn't eat now. 25,000 divide by 30 days.
you're correct
Re: Did I Do Wrong With My Attitude ? by camronid(m): 9:01pm On Apr 13, 2021
You went for an Ad HOC Job which is temporary. As for you going to Osogbo, that is their Zonal office, No individual branch has the right to issue you an employment letter. You need to go there for processing and documentation.
Re: Did I Do Wrong With My Attitude ? by asid(m): 9:01pm On Apr 13, 2021
Sikay19:
Hello members,
This is a long post and may include some errors. kindly ignore the blunders therein.

So, here it goes.

I was informed of a job offer at one of these LAPO MFB. As requested I went there to submit my application letter along with the credentials.

Getting there, I met with the branch manager. We exchanged greetings, he asked me to sit and thereafter we discussed about the job offer that the pay is #25000 and it is a three months program.

The necessity of hiring extra hands was because they have a target to meet within that stipulated time. During our interaction he went through my letter and eventually told me it wasn't within his capacity to employ that he would have to call me later today or certainly tomorrow after he must have met with the higher authority. that's how we rounded up our discussion and I left his office.

Few hours later, I received his call that I should come right away of which I was busy far away from the place coupled with that I had no transport fare to meet up.

Consequent to that, He asked me to come the following day by 8am. Noting this I went there though before going I had no office shoe as I long forgone anything like corporate work even though I was a teacher wayback.

As to this effect, I didn't want that to be an excuse for me not to go there so I dressed neatly though not tucked in because it wouldn't be proper to tuck in with slide footwear also I trekked to the place even though it's far but that's not a problem anyway.

When I got there at that time I had to wait because they were having morning meeting. After some minutes, He called me in, he asked me some questions about my name, address and others. He proceeded to tell me what he had said the day before. Thereafter, He said I would have to go their state office at Oshogbo to collect a letter indicating my employment . more like a traveling to the place costing me #1500. ordinarily that shouldn't be a problem but I didn't have that money to make the travel that's what I said.

He said the company would settle me on my return. As I was about to seek permission to go outside to make calls. One of them started talking scolding me that I shouldn't have said that I do not have money and my mode of dressing blah blah. I eventually went out to make the calls but I couldn't get any help because it was too sudden.

@Sikay19 send me your account number let me send you 5k. madereborn@yahoo.com

1 Like

Re: Did I Do Wrong With My Attitude ? by Blackdisciple(m): 9:05pm On Apr 13, 2021
Yeye People .
Re: Did I Do Wrong With My Attitude ? by Blackdisciple(m): 9:06pm On Apr 13, 2021
Yeye People .
No worries cos u didn't do shit, you will get another one.
Re: Did I Do Wrong With My Attitude ? by Daddy46: 9:09pm On Apr 13, 2021
Sikay19:
Hello members,
This is a long post and may include some errors. kindly ignore the blunders therein.

So, here it goes.

I was informed of a job offer at one of these LAPO MFB. As requested I went there to submit my application letter along with the credentials.

Getting there, I met with the branch manager. We exchanged greetings, he asked me to sit and thereafter we discussed about the job offer that the pay is #25000 and it is a three months program.

The necessity of hiring extra hands was because they have a target to meet within that stipulated time. During our interaction he went through my letter and eventually told me it wasn't within his capacity to employ that he would have to call me later today or certainly tomorrow after he must have met with the higher authority. that's how we rounded up our discussion and I left his office.

Few hours later, I received his call that I should come right away of which I was busy far away from the place coupled with that I had no transport fare to meet up.

Consequent to that, He asked me to come the following day by 8am. Noting this I went there though before going I had no office shoe as I long forgone anything like corporate work even though I was a teacher wayback.

As to this effect, I didn't want that to be an excuse for me not to go there so I dressed neatly though not tucked in because it wouldn't be proper to tuck in with slide footwear also I trekked to the place even though it's far but that's not a problem anyway.

When I got there at that time I had to wait because they were having morning meeting. After some minutes, He called me in, he asked me some questions about my name, address and others. He proceeded to tell me what he had said the day before. Thereafter, He said I would have to go their state office at Oshogbo to collect a letter indicating my employment . more like a traveling to the place costing me #1500. ordinarily that shouldn't be a problem but I didn't have that money to make the travel that's what I said.

He said the company would settle me on my return. As I was about to seek permission to go outside to make calls. One of them started talking scolding me that I shouldn't have said that I do not have money and my mode of dressing blah blah. I eventually went out to make the calls but I couldn't get any help because it was too sudden.

maybe God wants to save you from them debiting your head for money ritual stupid 25k work Bros leave them God dey
Re: Did I Do Wrong With My Attitude ? by Sheuns(m): 9:17pm On Apr 13, 2021
Bornsinner7:
I see nothing wrong here

But to be honest.. you shouldn't have told him you had no transport fare, you kinda like indicated you were not serious about getting the job..

Telling him about you not having TP should be on an unofficial environment or a call to him later on, if he could assist you..

On your dressing.. it doesn't matter as long as you look clean and decent.. you no go steal cloth because of interview na

He said what he said. He doesn’t have tfare. They could have sent him a mail containing the letter or fax it to the branch.

1 Like

Re: Did I Do Wrong With My Attitude ? by Pharaoh4rin(m): 9:23pm On Apr 13, 2021
maasoap:

By saying two guys, do mean the man and the woman?

Yes. (Distractions from customers while texting)
The word "guy" can be generic, you know..
Re: Did I Do Wrong With My Attitude ? by Origin(f): 9:42pm On Apr 13, 2021
God will provide better. What will be yours can never be taken from you.

It was good that you were truthful.

PS: That is minimum wage which should not have been payable to a clerical staff.

Employers expectations can be quite high for such a low paying job. (Private sector always acting smart)

1 Like

Re: Did I Do Wrong With My Attitude ? by Nobody: 9:54pm On Apr 13, 2021
Sikay19:
Hello members,

Sorry to hear about your experience.
Re: Did I Do Wrong With My Attitude ? by Nobody: 10:01pm On Apr 13, 2021

1 Like

Re: Did I Do Wrong With My Attitude ? by Sikay19(m): 10:06pm On Apr 13, 2021
dosht:
@OP Are you within ibeju lekki? If yes send me a dm I have something similar to that but the salary Is 60k upwards depending on your qualifications. Accomodation included
No Ma'am, I'm in Osun State. But I can relocate if needs be ma.
Re: Did I Do Wrong With My Attitude ? by Aarenasbaba(m): 10:07pm On Apr 13, 2021
Woh!!! God go help you oooo.... olorun a shey iyanu baba oko mi

1 Like

Re: Did I Do Wrong With My Attitude ? by Sikay19(m): 10:07pm On Apr 13, 2021
Re: Did I Do Wrong With My Attitude ? by Nobody: 10:10pm On Apr 13, 2021
I am so sorry to hear that because I too have been in similar situations. Please be encouraged, keep the hope alive and keep applying. Na small small.

1 Like

Re: Did I Do Wrong With My Attitude ? by Sikay19(m): 10:12pm On Apr 13, 2021
camronid:
You went for an Ad HOC Job which is temporary. As for you going to Osogbo, that is their Zonal office, No individual branch has the right to issue you an employment letter. You need to go there for processing and documentation.
Yes, You maybe right sir. And I also agreed that there is protocol for every business as stated in my write up sir. However, I wouldn't have worried or complained if I had the money to go there.. that's the bone of contention here. thanks for your opinion sir.

1 Like

Re: Did I Do Wrong With My Attitude ? by Dreyton36: 10:46pm On Apr 13, 2021
Just imagine o
25k job with such stress
Now I mahone being employed , the kinda stress you'll face daily will be more than 300k

And some idiots will say yahoo is bad , yes it's bad but hope you no they owe these for street sha undecided

Lights up my kpoli in peace
Re: Did I Do Wrong With My Attitude ? by donwily(m): 11:20pm On Apr 13, 2021
I worked with LAPO MFB for 2 years before I resigned and set up my own micro lending business.

Working with LAPO is second to hell especially when you are not from Edo state but it's a builder....by builder, I mean, it will build you up and make you strong.

If you succeed in LAPO, you can succeed on your own or in any other job.

I heard they changed their banking software recently and it's giving them serious tough time ...that's why they are looking for helping hands but stinginess won't let them pay them well.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Vic Lawrence And Associates Recruitment Test / Total E&P Nigeria CPFA Limited : 2019 Recruitment Programme Test Invite / Can I Survive With 50k Job In Lagos?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.