Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,818 members, 7,831,666 topics. Date: Saturday, 18 May 2024 at 12:33 AM

Chidozie Ojobor: Buhari Rejected Scholarship List Because No Northerner On It - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Chidozie Ojobor: Buhari Rejected Scholarship List Because No Northerner On It (60941 Views)

Read This From A Core Northerner On Obi And Datti Combo / Zoning: El-Rufai Backs South, Says No Northerner Should Contest In 2023 / Galadima: How Buhari Rejected Tinubu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chidozie Ojobor: Buhari Rejected Scholarship List Because No Northerner On It by egemgeo(m): 6:18pm On Apr 13, 2021
All federal government-owned organizations, such as NNPC, DPR, etc are
for the north nepotism else only a few or none will get in there on a
normal aptitude test. Federal character is another Nigeria scam project
from the inception of our independence.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chidozie Ojobor: Buhari Rejected Scholarship List Because No Northerner On It by KushLyon(m): 6:19pm On Apr 13, 2021
I believe him 1000%. Buhari's nepotism and bigotry has been in him from birth. Na pre-installed app....he is saying there's no northerner on the list, how many northerners have achieved anything tangible in the international community? No be una say school na haram? Ndi boko haram

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chidozie Ojobor: Buhari Rejected Scholarship List Because No Northerner On It by walkingshadow911: 6:20pm On Apr 13, 2021
Another banger
Re: Chidozie Ojobor: Buhari Rejected Scholarship List Because No Northerner On It by pickatyou1: 6:21pm On Apr 13, 2021
We know, and also una no give cows and islam extremist scholarship

Check my signature if you have a car and interested in installing a tracking device. It might interest you
Re: Chidozie Ojobor: Buhari Rejected Scholarship List Because No Northerner On It by Ademola47(m): 6:21pm On Apr 13, 2021
It is what it is!
Re: Chidozie Ojobor: Buhari Rejected Scholarship List Because No Northerner On It by blamingthedevil: 6:22pm On Apr 13, 2021
Why is nairaland pushing fake News to the front page....Is nairaland now mouth piece of fake News peddlers and wailers?
Re: Chidozie Ojobor: Buhari Rejected Scholarship List Because No Northerner On It by KunleyY19(m): 6:22pm On Apr 13, 2021
I can't say much but personally this same thing has happened to me and my colleagues (we are southerners schooling in the north) lose out on opportunities here in the south to our Southern counterparts schooling here in the south... Don't tell me Merit because we were way qualified and our school ranks amongst the best when it comes to Engineering... So this thing happens in the south same way it happens in the North... Federal character don die tey... Now na man know man.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Chidozie Ojobor: Buhari Rejected Scholarship List Because No Northerner On It by Kingrefreshed: 6:22pm On Apr 13, 2021
Gjrich:

http://saharareporters.com/2021/04/13/nigerians-react-first-class-graduates-claim-buhari-rejected-list-scholarship

Yes nah! That's how Nigeria functions. When you get there like BUHARI is doing just kindly focus on your region.

Jonathan went in there and start favouring the North thinking they will support his second term bid,north knowing Nigeria doesn't function that way.

If I am made president today! I will focus on my region first.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Chidozie Ojobor: Buhari Rejected Scholarship List Because No Northerner On It by Account720: 6:23pm On Apr 13, 2021
That is just too bad
Re: Chidozie Ojobor: Buhari Rejected Scholarship List Because No Northerner On It by Account720: 6:23pm On Apr 13, 2021
Nepotism at work
Re: Chidozie Ojobor: Buhari Rejected Scholarship List Because No Northerner On It by adecz: 6:24pm On Apr 13, 2021
sad sad sad sad

➡All across the world, you hear
stories of Nigerians in the Diaspora
excelling & making the marks in all
arenas of human development, sports,
academics, finance, entertainment,
defence, politics, science, arts etc.

➡But you never hear a northern Muslim
name, because they can only survive
in the "Quota System" of Nigerian
sociopolitical environment.

➡Any Northerner you see in the international
Arena is there by political appointment &
notmerit.

Their backward culture has slowed them
down & they want other progressive
Nigerian societies to stagnate with them..

Satan is a liar❗❕❗‼⁉❗❕
❌❌❌

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chidozie Ojobor: Buhari Rejected Scholarship List Because No Northerner On It by AnanseK(m): 6:24pm On Apr 13, 2021
Karlovych:
embarassed embarassed If they had nepa bill certificate it would have been approved, his dull brain can not process what a first class certificate means. Also judging from his largely one-sided appointments, the chances of it being true are over 95 percent considering the fact that even the current CJN has an LL.B in Islamic Law

A useless, bigoted, stupid president is always elected by stupid people

You are so ignorant. I pity your life.

1 Like

Re: Chidozie Ojobor: Buhari Rejected Scholarship List Because No Northerner On It by Queenserah26(f): 6:24pm On Apr 13, 2021
If this is true then I give up cry
Re: Chidozie Ojobor: Buhari Rejected Scholarship List Because No Northerner On It by Abdul05: 6:25pm On Apr 13, 2021
triple996:
grin. and the wailling continues
grin grin grin it was Jonah that implemented the program at first.wetin cum concern buhari now
Re: Chidozie Ojobor: Buhari Rejected Scholarship List Because No Northerner On It by donnie(m): 6:25pm On Apr 13, 2021
Why are you surprised?

1 Like

Re: Chidozie Ojobor: Buhari Rejected Scholarship List Because No Northerner On It by kolaaderin: 6:27pm On Apr 13, 2021
Fake news everywhere you go
Re: Chidozie Ojobor: Buhari Rejected Scholarship List Because No Northerner On It by Originakalokalo(m): 6:27pm On Apr 13, 2021
God will help Nigeria. Amen.

Jesus said that anyone who doesn't believe that he is the Son of God is condemned already.

His birth was of the Holy Ghost.... He was not conceived by a man's sperm or a woman's egg. He was made by the Spirit of God..... He is the Son of God.

The father's fullness was made flesh and placed in the womb of Mary.

Do you believe him?

Run to him. After death, that's all, there will be no remedy.

1 Like

Re: Chidozie Ojobor: Buhari Rejected Scholarship List Because No Northerner On It by lexy2014: 6:28pm On Apr 13, 2021
majole:
Buhari has the power to do whatever he pleases. Sahara stop the HATRED & most of the time lies that you post all the time. Buhari is a disaster but what are you to gain from sowing more HATRED & sometimes spreading false news like the recent killings of Civilians in Konshisha, Benue that you reported when it was all false. You are worse than Buhari

How has what u have said negated d story?

2 Likes

Re: Chidozie Ojobor: Buhari Rejected Scholarship List Because No Northerner On It by lexy2014: 6:28pm On Apr 13, 2021
kolaaderin:
Fake news everywhere you go

How's that?

1 Like

Re: Chidozie Ojobor: Buhari Rejected Scholarship List Because No Northerner On It by MansoryMX(m): 6:29pm On Apr 13, 2021
samunaka:

when will Sahara reporters start reporting positive news about this government and indeed their country

They will report positive things about this government when eventually the government starts doing positive things but as of now! Their evil will never be left unnoticed. I would have said this news is false but come to NNPC in Warri and see for yourself. All top officials positions with juicy salaries are filled with Abokis, the non aboki you will likely find there are Yoruba Muslims who have vow to be slave to aboki for their daily bread.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chidozie Ojobor: Buhari Rejected Scholarship List Because No Northerner On It by africandollar: 6:29pm On Apr 13, 2021
I believe this was the same story featured some time ago? Well thank God the guy was still able to secure a Scholarship I believe from the government of Canada and he is doing well today. When it's your time, not even a 'certificateless idiot' can stop your destiny. cool

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chidozie Ojobor: Buhari Rejected Scholarship List Because No Northerner On It by lexy2014: 6:29pm On Apr 13, 2021
blamingthedevil:
Why is nairaland pushing fake News to the front page....Is nairaland now mouth piece of fake News peddlers and wailers?

How's it fake news?
Re: Chidozie Ojobor: Buhari Rejected Scholarship List Because No Northerner On It by Redhot111(m): 6:29pm On Apr 13, 2021
triple996:
grin. and the wailling continues. and that makes me senseless

and the zombiesm continues

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chidozie Ojobor: Buhari Rejected Scholarship List Because No Northerner On It by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 6:29pm On Apr 13, 2021
he cancelled the whole list of candidates that qualified for the scholarship! shocked shocked

If he had a little shred of humanity or conscience left in him, he would have atleast allowed them.

And done his magomago nepotism in the next edition of the PRESSID.

Is it not the same APC govt that cancelled employment and appointment of people that are already working and have collected salary for three months to replace them with their own candidates? shocked shocked

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chidozie Ojobor: Buhari Rejected Scholarship List Because No Northerner On It by lexy2014: 6:30pm On Apr 13, 2021
samunaka:

when will Sahara reporters start reporting positive news about this government and indeed their country

Kindly do us a favour by reporting d positive news about this govt& country that Sahara reporters isn't reporting?

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Chidozie Ojobor: Buhari Rejected Scholarship List Because No Northerner On It by mafluxfire: 6:31pm On Apr 13, 2021
i would not have read the story if initially knew sahara report was the source of that story. God forgive me for wasting my time to read the story
Re: Chidozie Ojobor: Buhari Rejected Scholarship List Because No Northerner On It by luminouz(m): 6:31pm On Apr 13, 2021
Simplyleo:
So which scholarship exam is that?

Which organisation conducted the screening?

For sure, if it is a foreign body, the body would have sponsored it and Buhari has no power over it.

If it is fed govt body, then I say without iota of doubt, this is a big fat lie. Fed govt scholarships are usually spread across geopolitical zones, and indeed, states, so how comes no Northerners passed?

Keep lying to yourselves.

Some of these clowns making noise about Northerners always make me laugh. Go to schools dominated by Northerners and see how they beat their Southern counterparts in all ramifications. Yes, I'm a living witness, (ABU Zaria) but you can bullshit yourself that Northern graduates can't compete with you. That is nothing but self deception.

Minister of communication and digital economy is a northerner. Pls which of the ministerial nominees performed better than him during screening. As I have said, you can bullshit yourself to feel satisfied, that is your business.

Please stop with the capping.

You should investigate before making your claims.
I was a party to what happened in 2015. Buhari cancelled the PRESSID scholarship due to nepotic reasons.

I won't say much on this issue again

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chidozie Ojobor: Buhari Rejected Scholarship List Because No Northerner On It by kayjay69(m): 6:32pm On Apr 13, 2021
He is absolutely positively correct.

Four classmates of mine graduated with 1st classes and benefitted from the 1st and 2nd editions of the PRESSID. They are all of Yoruba extraction. I did interact with one of them who is now a PhD holder from a prestigious university in the USA and he said of the 103 candidates who were shortlisted as successful, non were of Northern extraction judging by the names on the list. They were all Yoruba, Igbo, South South and Middle Beltans.

Please keep in mind, the PRESSID was for strictly 1st class graduates. PRESSID did not have the issues that we saw with other Federal Government scholarships such as PTDF, NDIC NITDA and a host of others. It was not an issue of man know man, you needed to have a 1st class from a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) field. You take a computer based exam and you get your result instantly. PRESSID was directly under the purview of the NUC under the then Professor Okebukola, he has a track record as a seasoned education professional. It was a strictly Merit-based affair. I believe Northern candidates took the test but non were successful (for the 1st and 2nd edition, I do not know of the 3rd). I believe it stopped after the 3rd edition. The story by Buhari's regime was that oil prices had fallen in 2015 hence they could not find the resources to fund it (but there is always resources to fund their own excesses).

Overall, this is not to say there are no Northerners who are intelligent and gifted. But time and time again, we have seen this common pattern where ethnic champions such as Mohammadu Buhari will readily jettison strictly merit-based exercises such as this painting it as a Southern agenda. It simply shows we are not nor were we ever a country. It is one of the reasons why I have consistently, whether on nairaland or elsewhere, campaigned for independent regions away from this horrible country. Where on earth have you seen serious minded people using quota system on serious things that should be strictly merit-based.

When I say Nigeria cannot amount to much, this is what I see that makes me say this. Let each region go their own way and find best ways to promote their best and brightest to manage their affairs. Insofar as we continue to have men of dubious moral character govern us, men who champion the rights of their own ethnic group over others or their own religion over others, we cannot amount to anything meaningful. It is not a curse, it is the truth that no amount of prayer or fasting can undo.

Nigeria must be dissolved, let each region go their separate way and find the best solution to their problems.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Chidozie Ojobor: Buhari Rejected Scholarship List Because No Northerner On It by jcross19: 6:32pm On Apr 13, 2021
majole:
Buhari has the power to do whatever he pleases. Sahara stop the HATRED & most of the time lies that you post all the time. Buhari is a disaster but what are you to gain from sowing more HATRED & sometimes spreading false news like the recent killings of Civilians in Konshisha, Benue that you reported when it was all false. You are worse than Buhari
sometimes no need to show a blind the road but by hearing the sound of the moving vehicles, the blind man will understand his direction... We all know the most nepostic president ever in Nigeria history is Mr bubu, so the report is true....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chidozie Ojobor: Buhari Rejected Scholarship List Because No Northerner On It by Bulletproof: 6:32pm On Apr 13, 2021
O my Pressid. I was part of the 2015 winners. Buhari halted our plans then after we rejected other scholarships to wait for Pressid. But in all we thank God for where we are and how far we've gone.
That made many of the folks then lose hope in Nigeria. Many found other ways and never returned back.

7 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

PDP's Lagos Rally Dwarfs APC's Mega Rally In Lagos [ compare photos] / igbos are the most brilliant black african race...US academic report 2015 / Dahiru Buba: Buhari Trekker Gets Car, N2 Million From Gombe Governor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.