Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,351 members, 7,954,410 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 06:28 PM

Chidozie Ojobor: Buhari Rejected Scholarship List Because No Northerner On It - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Chidozie Ojobor: Buhari Rejected Scholarship List Because No Northerner On It (61216 Views)

Read This From A Core Northerner On Obi And Datti Combo / Zoning: El-Rufai Backs South, Says No Northerner Should Contest In 2023 / Galadima: How Buhari Rejected Tinubu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chidozie Ojobor: Buhari Rejected Scholarship List Because No Northerner On It by calcal: 12:08am On Apr 14, 2021
If no quota system applied the northerners won't succeed, the majority that will succeed will be Yoruba and Biafra.

1 Like

Re: Chidozie Ojobor: Buhari Rejected Scholarship List Because No Northerner On It by subcbouy: 12:14am On Apr 14, 2021
All federal government-owned organizations, such as NNPC, DPR, etc are for the north nepotism else only a few or none will get in there on a normal aptitude test. Federal character is another Nigeria scam project from the inception of our independence.
Re: Chidozie Ojobor: Buhari Rejected Scholarship List Because No Northerner On It by Jamesz12: 12:15am On Apr 14, 2021
The real problem is not about Bihari but about the north generally
The north is the bane of this country. Lord Lugard in collaboration with the devil has denied Africa and the black race what would have been a world power. Imagine a southern Nigerian nation on its own, we shall achieve wonders but it is never too late
Re: Chidozie Ojobor: Buhari Rejected Scholarship List Because No Northerner On It by macof(m): 12:26am On Apr 14, 2021
Gjrich:

http://saharareporters.com/2021/04/13/nigerians-react-first-class-graduates-claim-buhari-rejected-list-scholarship

Some people still want one Nigeria.
A country of ethnic bigotry and nepotism.. "you are not from my ethnicity, so I won't allow you progress"

We can't get along, let's stop causing our own suffering and just end the country

1 Like

Re: Chidozie Ojobor: Buhari Rejected Scholarship List Because No Northerner On It by Gandollaar(f): 12:28am On Apr 14, 2021
VTJN:
don't mind them, they are just so myopic

They felt a northerners translate to EMPTY HEAD

Even down south here, there are some northerners that are doing exceedingly well academically than their southern counterpart

I still can't factum the reason why people had this wack mentality about Northerners
VTJN:

Even down south here, there are some northerners that are doing exceedingly well academically than their southern counterpart

I still can't factum the reason why people had this wack mentality about Northerners
VTJN:

"Factum"

And simplyleo could not tell you with all his education that that above, is the reason Southerners think you can compete favourably without quotasystems.
Re: Chidozie Ojobor: Buhari Rejected Scholarship List Because No Northerner On It by nnamdi640: 1:34am On Apr 14, 2021
Simplyleo:
So which scholarship exam is that?

Which organisation conducted the screening?

For sure, if it is a foreign body, the body would have sponsored it and Buhari has no power over it.

If it is fed govt body, then I say without iota of doubt, this is a big fat lie. Fed govt scholarships are usually spread across geopolitical zones, and indeed, states, so how comes no Northerners passed?

Keep lying to yourselves.

Some of these clowns making noise about Northerners always make me laugh. Go to schools dominated by Northerners and see how they beat their Southern counterparts in all ramifications. Yes, I'm a living witness, (ABU Zaria) but you can bullshit yourself that Northern graduates can't compete with you. That is nothing but self deception.

Minister of communication and digital economy is a northerner. Pls which of the ministerial nominees performed better than him during screening. As I have said, you can bullshit yourself to feel satisfied, that is your business.

You mean Buhari has no power to do that,but when it comes to appointing more northerners,he will have such power abi......
Stop defending a man that practice nepotism because his actions alone has summarized the kind of man he is.
Re: Chidozie Ojobor: Buhari Rejected Scholarship List Because No Northerner On It by dam4sam: 2:45am On Apr 14, 2021
Simplyleo:

For sure, if it is a foreign body, the body would have sponsored it and Buhari has no power over it.

If it is fed govt body, then I say without iota of doubt, this is a big fat lie. Fed govt scholarships are usually spread across geopolitical zones, and indeed, states, so how comes no Northerners passed?

Some of these clowns making noise about Northerners always make me laugh. Go to schools dominated by Northerners and see how they beat their Southern counterparts in all ramifications. Yes, I'm a living witness, (ABU Zaria) but you can bullshit yourself that Northern graduates can't compete with you. That is nothing but self deception.

Minister of communication and digital economy is a northerner. Pls which of the ministerial nominees performed better than him during screening. As I have said, you can bullshit yourself to feel satisfied, that is your business.

You are a disappointment, My Friend.
This is PRESSID, it is a special Presidential Scholarship, instituted by President Jonathan, exclusively for 1st CLass Students, that is the ONLY Criteria.

Please, Use Google to cure your Fanatic Nepotism.

Presidential Special Scholarship Scheme for Innovation and Development (PRESSID) for Nigerian Graduates 2015/2016

https://www.afterschoolafrica.com/9397/pressid-scholarship/

The Federal Government has instituted the Presidential Special Scholarship Scheme for Innovation and Development (PRESSID).The Scheme, which sponsors graduates that have obtained First Class Honours degrees from any recognized and approved university, was established in January 2012 and has awarded a total of two hundred and five (205) scholarships under two editions (the 2013/2014 and 2014/2015 academic sessions).

The PRESSID Implementation Committee now invites qualified candidates to apply for the third edition (2015/2016 academic session).

Eligible Field of Study

Eligible candidate would have obtained First Class Honours degree from any recognised and approved University in the following disciplines and aim at postgraduate degrees in the specified and allied programmes:

Sciences: Nuclear Physics, Operations Research, Industrial Chemistry, Quantitative Genetics, Biometrics, Molecular Biology, etc;
Medicine*: Clinical Sciences, Dentistry, Oncology, Human Genetics, Forensic Medicine, Physiotherapy, Hepatology, Nuclear Medicine, Geriatrics, ophthalmology, etc.;
Veterinary medicine*: Veterinary Parasitology, Theriogenology, Public Health, etc;
Basic Medical Sciences: Biochemistry, Physiology, Dentistry, Anatomy, Medical Biochemistry, Human Nutrition, Nursing Science, Anatomic and Molecular Pathology, Biomedical Engineering, Medical Microbiology, Physiotherapy, Pharmacology, etc;
Pharmaceutical Sciences*: Drug formulations, Natural products, Drug design, Phytochemistry, Ethnopharmacology, Pharmaceutical Microbiology, etc;
Accounting/Actuarial Science: Financial Accounting, Management Accounting, Forensic Accounting, Petroleum Accounting, Cost & Management Accounting, Environmental Accounting, etc;
Economics: Econometrics, Development Economics, Micro Economics, Macro Economics, Applied Economics, Labour Economics, etc;
Engineering: Aeronautical Engineering, Mechatronics, Control Systems, Material Science and Production Engineering, Nanotechnology, Process Engineering, Energy Systems Engineering, Refinery Design and Operations, Subsea Engineering, Thermal Power (Gas Turbine Option), Reservoir Analysis, Drilling Optimization, Chemical Process Dynamics & Control, Process Modelling and Simulations, etc;
Computing and Information Technology: Intelligent Robotic Systems, Computer Systems and Software Engineering, Computer Information Systems, Information Technology, Artificial Intelligence, Cyber-Security, etc.
About Scholarship

As part of efforts to achieve the goals of Vision 20:2020 and the Transformation Agenda, the Federal Government of Nigeria is currently developing a critical mass of professionals who would serve as catalysts of change and agents of scientific and technological advancement, as well as sustainable economic development. This is being achieved through the sponsorship of outstanding students for postgraduate studies in the top 25 universities in the world.

Scholarship Offered Since:

Scholarship Type: Graduate Scholarship

Selection Criteria and Eligibility

Be graduates from the 2011/2012 and 2012/2013 academic sessions, who would have completed their National Youth Service by October 2014

Number of Scholarships: several

Value of Scholarship: full scholarship

Duration of Scholarship: For the duration of one academic year

Eligible Countries: PRESSID Scholarships are open for citizens of Nigeria

To be taken at (institution and country):

University of Cambridge -United Kingdom

Harvard University – United States

Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) – United States

Yale University – United States

University of Oxford – United Kingdom

Imperial College London – United Kingdom

UCL (University College London) – United Kingdom

University of Chicago – United States

Read the above again, slowly.

BTW, everybody, Northerners/Southerners meet in some "open places" (like NYSC, Law School, etc) and l can bet you, aside for a very tiny fraction of Northerners that distinguish themselves, (due to mixing with Southerners maybe),, 99% of Northern Products are Mediocre.
We both know this.

You can also see this when their competitive abilities are put to test in foreign climes, where their penchant for 'rankah dehdeh" cannot be put to use. Southerners dust them 99% to 1%.
Why is it that 90% of Northerners with Doctorate Degree, have it in Islamic Studies, from the Middle East Universities, not Medicine, not Engineering, not Aeronautics, not Software Development, not Law, from any of the top Universities in the World? undecided undecided
Mediocres

3 Likes

Re: Chidozie Ojobor: Buhari Rejected Scholarship List Because No Northerner On It by dam4sam: 2:56am On Apr 14, 2021
calcal:
If no quota system applied the northerners won't succeed, the majority that will succeed will be Yoruba and Biafra.

Northerners are NOT bred to succeed in anything else, apart from Nomadic Cow Herding. They are yet to evolve as proper Homo Sapiens
Lumping them together with Progressive Southerners, in one Country Nigeria, is a disservice to the Spirit of Excellence found in Humanity

!! You can see for yourself. undecided angry

Re: Chidozie Ojobor: Buhari Rejected Scholarship List Because No Northerner On It by MrALIVE: 3:01am On Apr 14, 2021
The problem of Nigeria has always been the attitude of some Northern elements.
Re: Chidozie Ojobor: Buhari Rejected Scholarship List Because No Northerner On It by sakssey23: 3:26am On Apr 14, 2021
Funny thing, I had a discussion about this recently...

Well, me I remember during National Common Entrance those days; the Northern States had the lowest cut off scores and the highest cut off scores was either Edo girls or Anambra girls.

Wondering if that is same till thisday. Now, the silly ones in power no go remember Federal Character abi quota system.. I would keep on saying this cleanse your heart of tribalism and vote for the right person in the future..
Re: Chidozie Ojobor: Buhari Rejected Scholarship List Because No Northerner On It by Akpangbo: 3:28am On Apr 14, 2021
No cows in the list that is why buhari refused to approve it.
Re: Chidozie Ojobor: Buhari Rejected Scholarship List Because No Northerner On It by COMPAQ(m): 3:29am On Apr 14, 2021
Re: Chidozie Ojobor: Buhari Rejected Scholarship List Because No Northerner On It by nedu666: 4:32am On Apr 14, 2021
ijewerek:

I can see how uninformed some people are.
I marked northern students scripts. Is a mess sincerely. Even 10 was added to uplift them. The ministerial positions under buhari is political in all scope of reasoning. So what are you talking about.
This was why johnathan wanted to expose the north through education. But immediately Bihari came in those school built in the north by johnathan was a history.
You should be ashamed to come here and talk blindly about an obvious fact In this government.
Can you plz tell me what buhari has done regarding education since he came in as the president?
Pls let's be well guided.

He is not from the north but a yoruba man who is defending the north like his life depends on it
Re: Chidozie Ojobor: Buhari Rejected Scholarship List Because No Northerner On It by VTJN(m): 4:45am On Apr 14, 2021
Gandollaar:
[b][/b] "Factum"

And simplyleo could not tell you with all his education that that above, is the reason Southerners think you can compete favourably without quotasystems.
go sleep, this is not for you!
Re: Chidozie Ojobor: Buhari Rejected Scholarship List Because No Northerner On It by 99thEnemy(m): 5:02am On Apr 14, 2021
Okoroawusa:
Saharareporters and fake news are 5 & 6

None of you that commented on the Benue killing thread and the Ebonyi killing thread has been able to call out Saharareporters since the news have been found to be fake?

Let Sowore keep pushing you all mumu button....2023 we go see how far.

There was truly a serious massacre in Konshisha oh! only that the story they reported was not coherent
Re: Chidozie Ojobor: Buhari Rejected Scholarship List Because No Northerner On It by Iro1989(m): 5:50am On Apr 14, 2021
Anything from SR na scam!
Re: Chidozie Ojobor: Buhari Rejected Scholarship List Because No Northerner On It by Mklyt(m): 5:54am On Apr 14, 2021
Am not a big fan of Mr.buhari,but i think he's right to do that.Why isn't there a Northeners'(the most populous people in the country) name on it.Its because those in the South see themselves as superior to those in the North for example most northerners wouldn't be admitted in the south even if they beat the target score. It was happening during Goodluck's regime because he was from the south.
Re: Chidozie Ojobor: Buhari Rejected Scholarship List Because No Northerner On It by Shancca: 5:58am On Apr 14, 2021
Kenturkey048:
i'm interested.

Send me mail
Re: Chidozie Ojobor: Buhari Rejected Scholarship List Because No Northerner On It by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 6:47am On Apr 14, 2021
Theoptimisticgu:
I don't support tribalism or buhari but come too think of it how can a list of 101 qualified students not contain even at least 1 northerner ...
their own first class candidates could not score high enough performance compared with first class from other parts of the country in the same exam/test to make the final scholarship list.

It was a level playing field man. It is just like the current Nigerian idol competition. Nothing like bias there, u either have it or you don't! Simple!
Re: Chidozie Ojobor: Buhari Rejected Scholarship List Because No Northerner On It by myobjective: 6:57am On Apr 14, 2021
Simplyleo:

They can't actually compete when pitted against southerners.

I went to a northern school. Fut Minna and in my set, there was no single core-northern first class graduate from the school of engineering. In my department, all the three first-class were Yorubas. Ondo, Oyo and Kwara.

It's what it's. The problem is not that they are naturally daft, the problem is they don't in most cases have the hunger.

The core-northerner society has a problem with scholarship, they are too none charlatan and believe that attending a university alone is all that is needed to survive since the requirement for civil service has been ridiculously lowered for them under the pretence of quota.

2 Likes

Re: Chidozie Ojobor: Buhari Rejected Scholarship List Because No Northerner On It by AdakaBoro8(m): 7:01am On Apr 14, 2021
how can almajiri cow schools that only prioritised on islam teaching, be educated enough to merit such scholarship award?

north always use their backwardness to draw the south backward.. what kind of cursed people are these?
Re: Chidozie Ojobor: Buhari Rejected Scholarship List Because No Northerner On It by Harunabisanti(m): 7:02am On Apr 14, 2021
Simplyleo:

Supported
Re: Chidozie Ojobor: Buhari Rejected Scholarship List Because No Northerner On It by AdakaBoro8(m): 7:05am On Apr 14, 2021
calcal:

fool. what are you even saying? and which tribe is that biafra?
Re: Chidozie Ojobor: Buhari Rejected Scholarship List Because No Northerner On It by AdakaBoro8(m): 7:19am On Apr 14, 2021
Mklyt:
Am not a big fan of Mr.buhari,but i think he's right to do that.Why isn't there a Northeners'(the most populous people in the country) name on it.Its because those in the South see themselves as superior to those in the North for example most northerners wouldn't be admitted in the south even if they beat the target score. It was happening during Goodluck's regime because he was from the south.
did you read the report well? too much of cow has taken away northern comprehensive abilities..

1 Like

Re: Chidozie Ojobor: Buhari Rejected Scholarship List Because No Northerner On It by LastProphet: 7:30am On Apr 14, 2021
Simplyleo:

You mean in ATBU, all the lecturers are muslims from the North?

And these Northern Muslim lecturers will gather their question papers, then hand them over to the "blasting students" during "fake mss" meeting?

Oga, even though this forum is faceless, I dey shame for your moniker. These are the rumours students on 3rd class and below spread around.

In case you don't know, ATBU is one of the best universities of technology in the North. Most of my colleagues are graduates of the school. Funny enough, they are southerners and Christians. If you say this in the presence of any of them, na hot slap dem go sound you.

I have a feeling you didn't make 3rd class.

Why not ask them and get back to us here? Even 2 days ago a Christian student there still told his elder brother the same thing and I told them its the same thing 20 years ago. You must live under a rock

1 Like

Re: Chidozie Ojobor: Buhari Rejected Scholarship List Because No Northerner On It by Owologbo(m): 8:00am On Apr 14, 2021
Amaechi2023:
if you beleive every bad news about a person because you hate that person, then I'm sorry for you.
the whole Nigeria universities has no northern first-class graduate.
Sahara reporters keep up with your lies against buhari and the north.
I'm not surprised when I saw the source though..
Nigeria Universities have northern first class student with quota system.
What now happen when a quota system first class student and a first class student with merit are asked to write the same exam without quota marking scheme?
Re: Chidozie Ojobor: Buhari Rejected Scholarship List Because No Northerner On It by Owologbo(m): 8:03am On Apr 14, 2021
Amaechi2023:
if you beleive every bad news about a person because you hate that person, then I'm sorry for you.
the whole Nigeria universities has no northern first-class graduate.
Sahara reporters keep up with your lies against buhari and the north.
I'm not surprised when I saw the source though..

Nigeria Universities have northern first class student with quota system.
What now happen when a quota system first class student and a first class student with merit are asked to write the same exam without quota marking scheme?
Re: Chidozie Ojobor: Buhari Rejected Scholarship List Because No Northerner On It by PHijo(m): 8:05am On Apr 14, 2021
Mklyt:

Why una no dey try get small sense?

2 Likes

Re: Chidozie Ojobor: Buhari Rejected Scholarship List Because No Northerner On It by DoctorStylish: 8:07am On Apr 14, 2021
Simplyleo:

Thank you.
It’s funny how alot of people would believe that crappy story.
It’s filled with alot of naivety like

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Victor Giadom Reacts To APC NEC's Resolution / Oh Dear! Read What These Americans Think About Adams Oshiomhole's Marriage / It's Wrong For Mikel, Siasia To Accept $390,000 Gift - Senator Ogba

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.