Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,074 members, 7,818,212 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:26 AM

Why Are Africans So Poor - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Are Africans So Poor (1750 Views)

Why Are Africans Confused like This? / Why Is The Muslim World So Poor? / Why Are Nigerians Still So Poor? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Africans So Poor by efficiencie(m): 10:14am On Feb 12
T8ksy:

Going by your closing statement that you bolded above, no point in this discussion as you have clearly opined that black people are all corrupt and as such can't do anything to better the lives of their people.

Seems to me like the same narratives our erstwhile colonialists perpetuated to justify their barbaric actions in the black world. Even their Bible says as much - black people can't rule themselves.

This dude Eldee sang this song over a decade ago and today we are still singing the same song only that it is much much worse in Nigeria. I need you to listen to it and check where in the song the singer ever referenced colonialists as the source of our problem. Several musicians have been singing and singing about the hardship in this country but the wickedness in the hearts of our leaders will not let them change for good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBxUJd_cI40?si=GYYrCsUJ1u_Q_Cd_
Re: Why Are Africans So Poor by T8ksy(m): 12:32pm On Feb 12
efficiencie:

This dude Eldee sang this song over a decade ago and today we are still singing the same song only that it is much much worse in Nigeria. I need you to listen to it and check where in the song the singer ever referenced colonialists as the source of our problem. Several musicians have been singing and singing about the hardship in this country but the wickedness in the hearts of our leaders will not let them change for good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBxUJd_cI40?si=GYYrCsUJ1u_Q_Cd_

Geez! So, na one musician you dey use hin tune to buttress your infantile point. You must be of the indomie generation.
OK, you win. There's no hope for the black race.
Re: Why Are Africans So Poor by T8ksy(m): 8:10pm On Feb 12
efficiencie:

See another proof to show that you Nigerians and Africans are a curse to yourselves. Did colonialists do this one too?

Human rights activist and Senior Advocate of Nigeria, SAN Femi Falana, has claimed that in a 2020 report, the former Auditor General of the Federation disclosed that $4 billion from Nigerian reserves is missing and that $3.5 billion from an IMF loan was stolen.

He added that Mr. Cardoso, the governor of the central bank, had admitted that $2.4 billion of the bank’s purported $7 billion in debt was unjustified.

He stated further that the Supreme Court’s in a economic judgment had directed the Nigerian government to collect $62 billion outstanding royalties from six international oil companies. He urged the government to demonstrate courage and political will in enforcing the judgment and collecting the funds.

He said in an interview with Channels TV, ”The report of the auditor general of the federation submitted to the National assembly in 2020 and on which no action was taken.

The Former AGF revealed that $4Bn yanked off from Nigerian reserves cannot be located. And he also revealed that $3.5 billion loan taken from the IMF was stolen by yet-to-be-identified individuals. I’m talking of 7.5 billion dollars.

The governor of the Central bank, Mr Cardoso has also disclosed that out of the 7 billion dollars alleged indebtedness of the bank, 2.4 billion dollars cannot be justified. I’m also surprised that my colleagues are not interested in the judgment of the Supreme Court on the economy.

The Supreme Court ruled and ordered the government of Nigeria to collect outstanding royalties from the oil majors. But the government has not enforced that judgment of collecting 62 billion dollars from six international oil companies. I hope the government will have the courage and political will to collect those funds.

Source

[i] [https://www.nairaland.com/7998728/protesters-burn-down-france-embassy/i]
Re: Why Are Africans So Poor by aswani(m): 10:19pm On Feb 12
Yohnshogun:
Good day people, please I want to know why Africans are so poor. We see pictures of bony children everytime. Why is there poverty and how can we solve it.

A potent mix of Greed and Religion.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Buhari Saddened, Couldn’t Eat On The Day Of Jos Attack – Pantami / South East The Barren Soil / After 7 Months Dss Refuse To Bring This Biafran Woman To Court ~pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.